Allegrippis (Raystown Lake) Trail Conditions?- Mtbr.com
    Now broadcasting from CO

Listen! Allegrippis (Raystown Lake) Trail Conditions?

Anyone know if it is ridable now, or will be ridable by this coming weekend (Feb. 18-20)?

Thanks...
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    I don't know, but intend to find out on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My guess is slippery and sloppy. Meaning unthawed mud over frozen ground.

and here's the current trail report:

https://sites.google.com/site/allegr...1-wetandmushey

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting that link, I was thinking of heading out this weekend, but I'll hold off.

-Joe

Trail Cubist
    So does anyone think the Allegrippis trails might be better? Not sure about the Raystown area...but it's been WARM a couple hours south in Maryland the past few days.

The update on the site was a few days ago...I'd love to hear an update from today with a forecast for weekend trail conditions...

Scott
    29er wheels are dangerous. They may cause you to go faster which can result in serious bodily injury. óJim311

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Its roadie season, live with it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    A few of us are thinking about headed out Saturday night to get to the trails on Sunday morning. The weather has been pretty good, but now they are calling for some rain, and then some snow up there on Sunday. Apparently not much, more of flurries. I have never been there, so I am not sure how the trails hold up. Are we wasting out time?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm about 2.25 hours east of Raystown area .... calling for 4-8 inches of snow here and then more flurries later in the week.

Doubt it's going to be very dry.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm planing on heading that way on monday (3/28) and tuesday (3/29) to ride allegrippis and rothrock. I'm coming down from western mass for a few days. Any info on current conditions would be great.

thanks,

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Current condtions as of this past Sunday were really good. I believe they had a little clean up that day from what one guy told me. We did Allie, ridge trail, osprey, sidewinder, Ray's revenge, and I believe we returned on Doe. Things are clearcut and alot more light is on the trails (not much shade) than I remember from last year. I really like these Allegrippis trails, allot of fun!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have been keeping an eye on the forecast for the last few days. One day they're calling for snow the next day it's supposed to be in the high thirties and sunny. Eh. It is gonna be a game time decision for me

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Anybody been out there in the past couple days?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Conditions were GREAT yesterday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

I Want TRAIL!

Pending the weather, I'm considering heading out there this weekend for the first time. Anybody else headed out that could take in a stray? Feel free to PM!

Fingers crossed for good precipitation behavior!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I was thinking about buzzing down there this weekend as well, but the forecast doesn't look good for the whole week, so the trails may be soggy.

Somebody with more familiarity with the area and the trails could probably give a better answer though.

mtbr member
    All I can say is the wife and I are driving down from MA to visit with family and go to the blue and white game so the better be ready by next Sunday! She has never been there and I've been talking about how fast and smooth the trails there are. Don't let me down!
    Last edited by woodsguy; 04-08-2011 at 08:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crs1042
    I was thinking about buzzing down there this weekend as well, but the forecast doesn't look good for the whole week, so the trails may be soggy.

Somebody with more familiarity with the area and the trails could probably give a better answer though.
    This is updated fairly regularly:

http://sites.google.com/site/allegrippis/trail-updates

Members who have read this thread: 0