7 tubes/Wilkes Barre- Mtbr.com
    Born Annoyed

7 tubes/Wilkes Barre

Hey- I'm heading out to Wilkes Barre for a few days. Found 7 tubes in the trails section, what is that place like, says its rooty and rocky.
    It's ALWAYS funny when it happens to somebody else
    Lookie at what I found- http://www.f88me.com check it out, now

mtbr member
    Yes it's very rocky/technical, with lots of short climbs/descents - alot of fun if you like that sort of thing. It's only rooty on the lower blue trail, which I avoid for reasons mentioned in another thread. A couple of us will be riding it tomorrow (Thursday) at 5:15 if anyone wants a tour. There are a few unmarked hidden trails that when ridden in addition to the blue trail, make for a very sweet loop of about 6 miles. Meet up at the park entrance right at Rt.115.

mtbr member
    May 2005

hey!

i thought it was called the 7 tubs !! but you might need 7 tubes with all the rocks and roots there !! LOL

Born Annoyed
    I was thinking tubes looked odd, but you never know. I usually carry 3 tubes and I'm running tubeless too. NW jersey is kind of rough on us rigid S/Sers

ganginwood
    i think you should go into sicklers bike shop, ask for mark.....then ask for directions to the tubes.
    the drive might be worth the entertainment value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

If your up this way stop at the Moone...LOL aka (Moon)

The Tubs is the smaller of the 2 county parks, with lot's of tech rocks. Moon Lake has 20 miles of trails! Lots going on there!

Just remember Luzerne county is world famous and I'm sure you know why if you watch CNN, so beware they might tax you for misuse of said named county park.

Of course you could always "BUY" a teaching job, qualified or not, while your here!

Do I hear 20 grand for the english teacher spot? How about 20 grand? Going once, going twice.....

Born Annoyed
    The Moon, I have to look that up. Right now its looking like I'll be able to ride on Tuesday afternoon/night and Wed night. Anyone around for a guide at those times? Might just bring my lights..

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Panhead
    The Moon, I have to look that up. Right now its looking like I'll be able to ride on Tuesday afternoon/night and Wed night. Anyone around for a guide at those times? Might just bring my lights..
    The group rides are: Frances Slocum Tuesday night rides start at 6 PM meet at the Carveton Rd access, and Wednesday night Moon Lake rides are at 6PM at the main gate.

Email me if your coming or need directions:
    [email protected]

Thanks
    Lee

Born Annoyed
    Cool I was looking at the moon park ride. I'll be staying in Wilkes Barre and Mapquest says it 25 min away. I might poke around in Jersey around Allamuchy before I head over on Tuesday and cruise the Tubs during the day hit up moon Wed. This might turn out to be a good business mtg after all . My preferred ride is a rigid SS, that any good there or do you recomend gears?
    Dave

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I run my 29er 32/20 fixed gear, or 32/22 Freewheelin (not often). I've even run 35/17 fixed with cross tires at the Moon once for an amazing destruction derby trail ride. Some people might call me crazy or stupid though. I would say with the windy trails and steepness of short sections you want gearing on the easier side of things.

Born Annoyed
    32/20 it is. See you on the 5/6

Members who have read this thread: 0