7 springs- Mtbr.com

Thread: 7 springs

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

7 springs

how is it?thinking about going when i go for my sister graduation form pitt.from what it sounds,there lift access riding?.im not expecting full on downhill,but is it aggressive?id like to take my SGS and get some good use out of it.or should i just be going with the hardtail?how are the people out there?

mtbr member
    7 Springs does have chairlifts, i think they run during the summer months for mtb'ers. They do hold downhill races there every year so you could surely get some use out of you sgs. I've never ridden 7 Springs so I can't really tell you how the riding is there. The 7Springs/Laurel Mountain area has the best mountain biking in western PA.

http://7springs.com/summer_bikinghiking.shtml

you might want to try hidden valley as well, its only about 20min from 7 Springs.

http://www.hiddenvalleyresort.com/index.htm
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...lmountain.aspx

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    good deal,thanks man!!

mtbr member
    Actually, Seven Springs has chairlifts, but it's not really lift-served riding. I don't think there are any full-on downhill trails, and the trails are set up so that you ride up an access road, to the top of the mountain, and then take trails down.

There's some smooth singletrack, as well as some gnarly East Coast Rock Garden Deluxe trails, but plenty of uphill riding on most of the loops they have there. I wouldn't want to be pedaling a downhill bike around.

Just my observations, I've only been a few times. There is no charge to ride there, btw. There might be for a lift pass, but again, I've never seen a bike on the lift.

International Lover

I've ridden it on my hardtail

Quote Originally Posted by dd13
    how is it?thinking about going when i go for my sister graduation form pitt.from what it sounds,there lift access riding?.im not expecting full on downhill,but is it aggressive?id like to take my SGS and get some good use out of it.or should i just be going with the hardtail?how are the people out there?
    24 hour race a few years back. Real nice 12 mile loop with plenty of rocks and roots, in and out of the woods.
    I don't know anything about lift-serviced DHing.

-C
    Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

Members who have read this thread: 0