22nd Jim Thorpe ? Can anyone LEAD- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

22nd Jim Thorpe ? Can anyone LEAD

Hi, 3 girls on xcountry bikes and a guy are heading up to Jim Thorpe to bike this weekend. We have trail maps and guide books, but would rather have a Veteran LEAD the way.
    I talked to a guy that lives up there, he's going to PennState this weekend for a bike tour. too bad for us. We are leaving from West Chester, join the caravan!

Is anyone willing to take some Intermediate+ bikers on a single track adventure?? American Standard = Closed So, we need to find a good single\double track 3 hour trail to explore. We'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Help us out!!

mtbr member
    i have a possible solution for you. It's prime hunting season in PA and saturday isn't the busiest, but it's muzzleloader(old style big bang guns). JT is SGL 141 and is one the premiere hot spots for hunting. In general in carbon county they are everywhere. I would suggest a location that doesn't allow hunting or with the impending weather maybe let the trails take a little nap.

Here in the lehigh valley we're doing a trailbuilding day for a new set of trails that is designed and built soley by mtn bikers. if you want to come buy and help i/o riding it's truly a fullfilling experience but then again I'm bias

check out the article at
    http://www.bikevmb.com/modules.php?o...rder=0&thold=0

either way enjoy your weekend

Members who have read this thread: 0