2019 MTBparks Pass offers a free day of riding and other benefits at Blue Mountain- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

2019 MTBparks Pass offers a free day of riding and other benefits at Blue Mountain

2019 MTBparks Pass offers a free day of riding and other benefits at Blue Mountain-f2a8e1db340eafc0bf214d9e4fb3c763_xl.jpg

Blue Mountain Bike Park saw many improvements last year including the re-surfacing of many of their flow trails, new 4-bike trays for increased uplift capacity, and more overnight options for those looking to make a weekend out of it.

https://mtbparks.com/Mountain-Bike-P...-for-2019.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i've been riding at blue for a long time, the trays on the lift are a HUGE upgrade. i remember back when they first opened and you had to ride the lift with your own bike. race weekends it took forever.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I totally agree. Remember extensive lines when they had the ESC Enduro and DH on the same weekend. Should make for quite a few more practice runs on race weekends. The terrain at Blue Mountain is unlike any other and I hope they continue to expand their trail network.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkranked View Post
    i've been riding at blue for a long time, the trays on the lift are a HUGE upgrade. i remember back when they first opened and you had to ride the lift with your own bike. race weekends it took forever.
    But there isn't any additional uphill capacity. The tray cars hold 4 bikes, they are every 4th car. Only difference is you sit with people now. Which is nice sometime, I admit.

I guess on a race weekend when they are sending up people without bikes it helps, but for regular riding... you don't get up the hill any faster.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    There were only hooks on every other chair and these are 4 bike trays, so it at least doubles uphill capacity. It also means that there doesn't need to be multiple people at the bottom of the lift loading bikes on. May free at least one of them up for building trails.

mtbr member
    I've been wanting to check this place out, but I'm riding a full sus bike with only 120/100mm travel (SC Tallboy2). Is this manageable on the Green/Blue trails or would I be better off renting a dedicated downhill bike?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Coal-Cracker; 02-25-2019 at 12:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    It would be manageable but I am sure you would have quite a bit more fun on a 6-8" bike, mostly because of the steepness of the trails. The bike shop has a full fleet of rental bikes from Giant that are very reasonably priced.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridder252 View Post
    It would be manageable but I am sure you would have quite a bit more fun on a 6-8" bike, mostly because of the steepness of the trails. The bike shop has a full fleet of rental bikes from Giant that are very reasonably priced.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Is this picture used above in the start of the thread from blue? I don't remember that section?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sutter2k View Post
    Is this picture used above in the start of the thread from blue? I don't remember that section?
    That's at the top of Miles of Smiles