2009 RCST BASH-Almost Here!- Mtbr.com
    Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

2009 RCST BASH-Almost Here!

Not sure about those in the know, but I cannot wait!! Good freaking times every year! Keith, Jill and Rick put on THE best MTB Fest I have ever been to! This year, a bunch of us are driving out on Thur and stopping at Raystown Lake for a ride around noon and then continuing on to RCST and setting up camp Thur late afternoon! Should be a blast! See everyone there. If folks are interested in doing a Raystown ride, post up and we can see about meeting up around noon to ride! Later!
    Big, strong, rock crushing, IPA drinking, big hit bike rider!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I soooooo need the BASH...next Friday can't come soon enough!

mtbr member
    I'm all packed for the BASH except for food. I'm pumped for next weekend!
    2008 Iron Horse MKIII Trail - Bone Stock
    Member of the Rattling Creek SingleTrackers

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Same here! Me and 3 others are signed up for this bash and we all can't wait! I have never been to anything like this before! I am coming with my buddy Eddie on Thursday afternoon and setting up! My other friend Paul and Mike are coming later on that night. We are from the Reading area and usually ride Antietam/Mt. Penn, French Creek and Blue Marsh every once and awhile. It should be a great time!! See you all there!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    the bash rocks lets hope for some dry weather this year

HopHeads, Unite!
    I'm just hoping i don't puke again on Saturday night.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugboot
    I'm just hoping i don't puke again on Saturday night.
    At least you didn't puke all over the tent you needed to sleep in like my camping buddy did. Nothing like stepping outside in the morning and planting your bare feet in some puked up macaroni salad.

Also Lugboot I'm bringing a six pack of Nugget Nectar bombers for the micro brew swap.

HopHeads, Unite!
    are you looking for 2-for-1 deals?

are they the fresh batch or last winter's iteration? i have both in the cellar...could do a vertical tasting.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

mtbr member
    The fresh batch they just made for the GABF. Maybe 2 of yours for 1 of mine! lol 64 bucks a case!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    how far is Raystown from the Bash?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearbikeboy
    Its a long walk from the beer truck

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Do they still have the special tap on that truck dedicated to "fathers with son's named Grayson"?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Do they still have the special tap on that truck dedicated to "fathers with son's named Grayson"?
    Ill make sure to bring a label in case they forget!

mtbr member
    It's about 2 hours west. A buddy of mine and me are gonna ride the Swatara Trails thursday afternoon then head to Muckleratz to set up camp.

mtbr member

Yes The BASH

Headed down Friday afternoon......lookin' forward to some dry ridin' if possible....and oh yeah the Troeg's fest is on my mind for Saturday....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtnBkr
    Not sure about those in the know, but I cannot wait!! Good freaking times every year! Keith, Jill and Rick put on THE best MTB Fest I have ever been to! This year, a bunch of us are driving out on Thur and stopping at Raystown Lake for a ride around noon and then continuing on to RCST and setting up camp Thur late afternoon! Should be a blast! See everyone there. If folks are interested in doing a Raystown ride, post up and we can see about meeting up around noon to ride! Later!
    I might be interested in riding raystown lake. I havw all day. This is my firs bike bash I'm pretty pumped!!!! Im from Reading Pa

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    This is my firs bike bash. Me and 4 of my bros are coming. How are the trails there? Techy riding or xc type. From what I see there is about 27mi of trails. Sweet!!!! To pamtbker I might be able to ride raystown lake I've been wanting to go there since it opened up. Let me know. Any suggestions for a newbee to the bike bash.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek118
    This is my firs bike bash. Me and 4 of my bros are coming. How are the trails there? Techy riding or xc type. From what I see there is about 27mi of trails. Sweet!!!! To pamtbker I might be able to ride raystown lake I've been wanting to go there since it opened up. Let me know. Any suggestions for a newbee to the bike bash.
    Its a little bit of everything. The mix is really good

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Cannot wait. The ONLY ? Dono is what kind of beer to bring. HMMMMMMMMMM!

Nice description on your call sign(or whatever the hell you guys call that little message that attaches to your posts). Think I've seen that before.

My emails have a nice little SPAM message if I dont delete. [email protected]#$% hijacker.

my church is the woods
    No Ivan's in the forecast this year!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Awesome weather forecast. Now my buddy can stop worrying ab out the rain!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Paul, why you put me on front street bro?!..

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

All kinds!

Quote Originally Posted by drnich
    Cannot wait. The ONLY ? Dono is what kind of beer to bring. HMMMMMMMMMM!

Nice description on your call sign(or whatever the hell you guys call that little message that attaches to your posts). Think I've seen that before.

My emails have a nice little SPAM message if I dont delete. [email protected]#$% hijacker.
    All kinds of beer need to be brought of course! Lots of swapping opportunities!
    The only problem w/my tag line is people don't realize is when I say "Big hit" it has nothing to do w/a Specialized bike or going big! It's how hard I manage to thud into the ground when I crash! See ya Fri!!
    Big, strong, rock crushing, IPA drinking, big hit bike rider!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtnBkr
    All kinds of beer need to be brought of course! Lots of swapping opportunities!
    The only problem w/my tag line is people don't realize is when I say "Big hit" it has nothing to do w/a Specialized bike or going big! It's how hard I manage to thud into the ground when I crash! See ya Fri!!
    Speaking of 'Big Hit' does anyone know if Big-Hit Don is coming? Haven't seen that dude in years.....

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    yup princess is planning on being there, it was on the rattling creek blog today and he let me know last weekend he was planning on it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    How do the trails hold up to the rain? Do they drain well or turn to slop?

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    they hold up well. should not be a problem at all if we get a little rain this week.

mtbr member
    They hold up fairly well, well they did until horses started hosing up the single track a couple weeks ago. Most places stay mud free and the places that do get muddy dry out very quickly.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    We will be there. Missed the last two. No dogs this year, Jack is just too old, his hips are slowing him down. I just sold Rick's old Ironhorse I bought from him in '05. Looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek118
    How do the trails hold up to the rain? Do they drain well or turn to slop?

My back yard for riding. Don't worry about the rain, the drainage happens fast due to the rocky porus soil. Especially on the trials at the tops of the mountains... You might find a slight puddle somewhere on the lower trails.. If you look hard.
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

mtbr member

Rain Drops keep fallin on my head...

Lots of rain at the BASH again this year....still had a great time....15 of us camped out under the Hubbard Banner. Here is a quick shot after the ride on Saturday.....we were a muddy mess.....will post up some more after I get some more pics from the riders.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

my church is the woods

a lil vid from saturdays ride

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6600701&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6600701&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/6600701">RCST bash 09</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2308349">Brad Doxtater</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

The rain at least kept the yellow jackets away...they came out in force on Sunday at camp

Members who have read this thread: 0