What is the best ride in Ashland?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

What is the best ride in Ashland?

What is the single best ride I can do with about 3-4k gain? Planning on being here another day before heading to Bend area (unless someone strongly recommends another ride and delaying going to bend).

Looking for rowdy terrain if it's available, but only if that's what's good -- if flowy trails are vastly superior that's fine. Going to have an all mountain singlespeed so gradual climbs preferred.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1 View Post
    What is the single best ride I can do with about 3-4k gain? Planning on being here another day before heading to Bend area (unless someone strongly recommends another ride and delaying going to bend).

Looking for rowdy terrain if it's available, but only if that's what's good -- if flowy trails are vastly superior that's fine. Going to have an all mountain singlespeed so gradual climbs preferred.
    I really liked Time Warp and Jabberwocky while shuttling there last fall. Here's one of my GPS tracks from that trip in case it might help:
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3106877010
    Not sure what elevation you can climb to right now but it's hard to imagine Time Warp would be accessible yet due to snowpack.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I ended up making this route (includes Jabberwocky (after finding a couple websites with trail descriptions and videos. Hadn't considered the snowpack issues for Time Warp, but decided not to do it since that loop is 5k gain and this one is a bit under 4k.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29852723

Plus, looking at the videos of it, Time Warp doesn't look that great to me, especially coming from San Luis Obispo where there are fantastics rocky trails. This loop seems like a good way to focus on the flowy trails I've been missing.

mtbr member
    How was Bull Gap? I’m heading up there this weekend. Shuttles from AMA are currently dropping at 4 corners. I’m definitely pedaling up to Upper Lynx but would consider Lower Bull Gap if it’s cleared and in good shape.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Ended up getting tired with the SS so only made it to Upper Lynx

mtbr member
    Shuttled up to 4 corners Saturday 2x with a pedal to the top of Missing Links / bottom of Bull Gap. Today got a morning shuttle and we cut in to Bull Gap on a road, got all but about 1/2 mi of the descent of Lower Bull Gap.

I think Upper Links is still my favorite segment, although Marty’s is growing on me and Lizard is really fun with those looooong berms.

mtbr member
    View from the climb up to the top of Missing Links. Bill and Sue said there was about 10ft of snow up there.

What is the best ride in Ashland?-img_0344.jpg

mtbr member
    So is all of lower bull gap snow free now? What is the predictions for when Time Warp will be good to go? Itching to make a trip up there soon.

mtbr member
    10 days ago it wasn’t clear of snow to the Lower Bull Gap climb, but maybe it is now.

Time Warp usually takes a month or more after they’re driving to the top, and they’re not doing that yet.

mtbr member
    P.S. call Ashland Mountain Adventures directly for latest updates on where they’re driving and what’s rideable. Things are changing every day as snow melts and deadfall is cut out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Just a reminder this weekend is the Ashland Spring Thaw XC race and New to this year 2 DH's. (1 long,1short).

I was in Ashland riding last weekend,
    there was a work party clearing lower time warp on Saturday,
    and as of Sunday there were still trees down across the top of 2060.

The right(non shuttle) side of the watershed (Hitt, Moai, Mystical, Jankey) were all running good and clear.

just in intel.

Enjoy.

Oh, & buy a gallon of Tecnu.
    The poison oak is juicy right now.

mtbr member
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlobo View Post
    So is all of lower bull gap snow free now? What is the predictions for when Time Warp will be good to go? Itching to make a trip up there soon.
    Bull Gap trail is snow free. Time warp will be snowed in for at least another month.