Trans-Cascadia- Tracks of 2019?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trans-Cascadia- Tracks of 2019?

So the race is on.
    Anybody more technologically advanced than myself able to post the tracks up here?

I found the thread from last year extremely useful in figuring out where they were and thus going to ride the stuff myself. Hoping to recreate that here and have a discussion on the trails used.

*Wish there was an easy way to cross post this with WA but have all the replies in a single thread.
    Thanks
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Each stage number and a name of the stage is at the top of the results that you can find in the news updates being posted on the Trans-Cascadia website every day. Day 2 is up now.

1. Devil's Backbone
    2. Juniper Peak
    3. Tongue Mountain
    4. Dark Meadow
    5. Council Bluff
    6. Table Mountain
    7. Quartz Creek
    8. East Canyon
    9. Squaw Creek
    10. Strawberry (1)
    11. Strawberry (2]
    Last edited by tbmaddux; 09-29-2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: day 3 stages

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbmaddux View Post
    Each stage number and a name of the stage is at the top of the results that you can find in the news updates being posted on the Trans-Cascadia website every day. Day 2 is up now.

1. Devil's Backbone
    2. Juniper Peak
    3. Tongue Mountain
    4. Dark Meadow
    5. Council Bluff
    6. Table Mountain
    7. Quartz Creek
    Thanks for the tip.

I have attempted to ride Quartz Creek several times over the years. Really steep and fun trail, but it always suffered from a lot of very large downed trees. Super cool that is now clear. It should open up some nice options in the area.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    I rode quartz as an out back several years back and reported on it here. I must admit, I was surprised to see that on the list. Seems like a very un-"enduro" track and don't really remember any sustained downhills. Be cool to drop in up top and ride out Lewis though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Attempting to figure out the Quartz Creek section. The times seem so short. Like, under ten minutes. Uh... with the weather I may not know Ďtil next season. Sure looks like my kind of fun.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    No doubt on the weather - there's snow on Dirt Surfer at Post Canyon already. The best way to find the routes is to strava-stalk the pro's, once they're back in cell coverage and upload their rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Iíll hit Slaven up for the beta. Wow, snow on Dirt Surfer. Are we skiing for Thanksgiving this year? I was hoping for another camp/ride on the east side of Hood. Fingers are crossed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    No doubt! From this morning:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3APS-Fnrb1

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    Attempting to figure out the Quartz Creek section. The times seem so short. Like, under ten minutes. Uh... with the weather I may not know Ďtil next season. Sure looks like my kind of fun.
    from being dropped off at the trail on 90, there was a hike bike section & hour or so riding along piece before hitting the timed part ending at 90 across from connecting to Upper Lewis River on 90 again. that's how i understand it from the little i know of the area.

Nick Gibson was talking last year about opening Quartz. guess they did at one of this years work parties. Quartz Crk was one of those trails that was totally unrideable until Trans Cascadia decides they wanna use it for their Enduro, then everybody benefits
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Day 3 is up. Looks frosty but not buried. 4 stages: East, Squaw, and Strawberry x2.

mtbr member
    Quartz gets cut out periodically...maybe every 4 years or so?
    But yeah, when they come through, rake it out, and pull the larger trail litter it makes for WAY better riding.

mtbr member
    So is Strawberry what everyone is gushing about?
    Same piece everyone was stoked on last year?
    "Brushed out 100 miles of trail"...damn!
    I need to go back up there, hopefully this year.

mtbr member
    Day 4 was turned into a group ride. No racing. They didnít say what they hiked up and then ride back down in the snow. So, thatís all there is. 12 stages. Iím seeing ridelogs on Trailforks from the weekend. Havenít checked Strava.

Hoping to get up there next year for an excursion or two! I was signed up for the Adams 3-day this year but it didnít get enough riders.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tbmaddux View Post
    Day 4 was turned into a group ride. No racing. They didnít say what they hiked up and then ride back down in the snow. So, thatís all there is. 12 stages. Iím seeing ridelogs on Trailforks from the weekend. Havenít checked Strava.

Hoping to get up there next year for an excursion or two! I was signed up for the Adams 3-day this year but it didnít get enough riders.
    judging from the pictures on the Pinkbike article about the last day, it looks like they went up from the Goat Mtn trailhead after riding up from the Green River Horsecamp to the highpoint of Goat Mountain
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    They went up Goat Mtn to the high point on Day 4.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    So the race is on.
    Anybody more technologically advanced than myself able to post the tracks up here?

I found the thread from last year extremely useful in figuring out where they were and thus going to ride the stuff myself. Hoping to recreate that here and have a discussion on the trails used.

*Wish there was an easy way to cross post this with WA but have all the replies in a single thread.
    Thanks
    Just got this Josh. I know all trails used and will message you them if you like. Dave and I hit one of them last weekend. So good, if you like deep, rowdy moto style trail
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Quartz gets cut out periodically...maybe every 4 years or so?
    But yeah, when they come through, rake it out, and pull the larger trail litter it makes for WAY better riding.
    I believe Quartz Creek is listed in error and confusing since trail rips down Quartz Creek Ridge, but not Quartz Creek trail. Is sick, so good that I have ridden it three times this year. Definitely my favorite descent in area. Ask Dave about it, he was stoked when I took him on it last week, even with a bit of snow at top to start the party.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    I believe Quartz Creek is listed in error and confusing since trail rips down Quartz Creek Ridge, but not Quartz Creek trail. Is sick, so good that I have ridden it three times this year. Definitely my favorite descent in area. Ask Dave about it, he was stoked when I took him on it last week, even with a bit of snow at top to start the party.
    Ah, that makes sense. Need to check that out!

mtbr member
    Just got this Josh. I know all trails used and will message you them if you like. Dave and I hit one of them last weekend. So good, if you like deep, rowdy moto style trail
    Jon, you are truly a wealth of knowledge man. That last Gorge ride you posted looks amazing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Jon, send Ďem this way too. If itís easier send Ďem to Charlie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    Jon, send Ďem this way too. If itís easier send Ďem to Charlie.
    Yo Michael,

Yeah, Tim (tmaddux) had them all listed correctly with just different order at start and Summit Prairie trail instead of Quartz Creek, but as said before trail descends Quartz Creek Ridge so little confusing. Strawberry north DH, south DH at end and last day Goat Mt with some riders doing full loop of Goat Mt/Vanson DH/Greenriver.

I have ridden all trails over the years with exception of Juniper South, Dark Meadow and Squaw Creek. Thank you TransCascadia! Definitely worth donating towards if not helping with trail parties they do in summer.
    Ride On!

Metalheadbikerider
    How about a JGusta guided trip of all of these rippers this Summer? We can share cooking duties and bring beer.
    Free-Agent (Baumann)
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent View Post
    How about a JGusta guided trip of all of these rippers this Summer? We can share cooking duties and bring beer.
    Free-Agent (Baumann)
    We'll also need supplementary oxygen and a good ER doctor

On a serious note that's a great idea, I'm in.

mtbr member
    Thank you TransCascadia! Definitely worth donating towards if not helping with trail parties they do in summer.
    Couldn't agree more.

Metalheadbikerider
    Good point. It will give me something to train for. On the bright side, the dude can put in some big miles with elevation but he can't drink that much so beer shouldn't be too expensive.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    JGusta guided trip
    I would go, but Iíd be soooo far off the back of Jonís rear wheel that I would effectively still be in my house.

mtbr member
    Good point. It will give me something to train for. On the bright side, the dude can put in some big miles with elevation but he can't drink that much so beer shouldn't be too expensive.
    Good point indeed Mr. Bau, especially if the brew is good. I do prefer creek and stream water over Rainier or PBR though. Always down for the fun trail rides year round!

PS. Most all trails shuttleable, so no need to fret the climbs, unless riding Goat of course (loop or bust). Also for the record, I donít really enjoy climbing, so just bring on the fun downs!
    Ride On!

Too Much Fun

Good job!

IN. For any and all of it. Yes, please. Happy to help wrangle logistics.

This is timely as I'm suffering from an aggravated case of M.A.S.C.R.B.G. syndrome (Middle Age Sudden Collapse of Riding Buddies Group) and my regular posse of MTB friends for bigger local rides/riding trips (BC, Moab, Sedona, D'ville etc) has gone way down due to Life Shite with them (sometimes me), so as much as I love riding solo, I'm definitely hoping to get with new riding groups, hopefully including you all.

-benja
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    How about a JGusta guided trip of all of these rippers this Summer?
    High country season riding not fully over yet, but getting close. I am still getting some good high elevation rides in just below 5,000ft above sea level. Next summer feels like forever from now. Keep the wheels turnin' and the trails a burnin'!

JonG
    Ride On!

Metalheadbikerider
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm in a similar predicament.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    High country season riding not fully over yet, but getting close. I am still getting some good high elevation rides in just below 5,000ft above sea level. Next summer feels like forever from now. Keep the wheels turnin' and the trails a burnin'!

JonG
    great to hear. Looks like im making a trip on sunday now.....! Was excellent (best dirt ive ever ridden x1000) 2 weekends ago.....