Riding in Oakridge this Friday (8/5/11)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Riding in Oakridge this Friday (8/5/11)

Hi everyone...
    I will be staying in Eugene this weekend and I have the chance to ride in Oakridge Friday morning - need to be back in Eugene by ~ noon. From what I read in the trail review section it looks like riding up Alpine trail, over on Tire Mtn trail, and then down Clover patch might be the best option for me. Does this sound like a good route and is it doable within ~3.5 hours of riding?
    I have questions on where to park and where to start the ride. Does anyone know of a shop in Eugene that would sell a good bike map of Oakridge?
    Lastly does anyone want to meet early Friday AM in Oakridge to ride ~8am? I ride mostly cross country on my stumpy and am a descent rider. Not obligated to ride the loop described above but it just seems the easiest for me to follow if I am riding solo....
    Thanks!
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It would be nearly impossible to do that ride in 3.5 hours. Riding up alpine would be a serious leg burner and very long. Your best bet would be to have Randy Dreiling shuttle you to the top of alpine in the morning. As long as you are efficient and keep the pace up, you could probably do alpine tire cloverpatch from the top in a steady 3.5 hour push. Alpine itself from the top down can easily take 2 hours if you are taking it easy.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkild View Post
    It would be nearly impossible to do that ride in 3.5 hours. Riding up alpine would be a serious leg burner and very long. Your best bet would be to have Randy Dreiling shuttle you to the top of alpine in the morning. As long as you are efficient and keep the pace up, you could probably do alpine tire cloverpatch from the top in a steady 3.5 hour push. Alpine itself from the top down can easily take 2 hours if you are taking it easy.
    /\ /\ /\ this. Plus you can score the new Adventure Map (best one) from Randy aka Oregon Adventures.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks guys! Shuttled alpine trail on Friday morning! Awesome ride! Amazing scenery! Great shuttle service too! Does anyone have a recommendation for an hour ride close by to Eugene? Trying to get a ride in before church tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Goodman creek trail is about 30 min from eugene, its on the adventure map if you bought it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The sourgrass is blooming on upper Alpine -- very beautiful with stems/bloom heads rising 4 feet high.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eugenemtbing View Post
    The sourgrass is blooming on upper Alpine -- very beautiful with stems/bloom heads rising 4 feet high.
    Hey, Dude! Hope you got to see it live, instead of just in pictures. Gotta get together and ride soon. (If you're the same guy as the eugenemtb on the DOD list...)

Another great bear grass (not sourgrass, that's just the name of the mountain) meadow is about 1/2 mile above the Moon Point trailhead, off the road. Not singletrack, but a way cool area, and on the way to the Warner Lookout.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Albee View Post
    Hey, Dude! Hope you got to see it live, instead of just in pictures. Gotta get together and ride soon. (If you're the same guy as the eugenemtb on the DOD list...)

Another great bear grass (not sourgrass, that's just the name of the mountain) meadow is about 1/2 mile above the Moon Point trailhead, off the road. Not singletrack, but a way cool area, and on the way to the Warner Lookout.
    Y'all shooda seed Bunchgrass Trail Satidee. Holy COW!

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.