"Puffer's" in Bend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

"Puffer's" in Bend?

Okay, I'm training for the Cascade Cream Puff again this year. I am wondering if there are any Central Oregon riders who are doing the same? I am tired of riding alone and am hoping to drum up some fellow cyclists who are up for finding and doing some long rides for the up coming event.

The snow level has made this years training regime difficult at best. We potentially have 5 weeks of training left before two weeks of tapering, then the race. I need to put in some big rides over the next few weeks if I am going to have any chance of finishing CCP 2008.

Please post if you are interested in getting together for rides. You are welcome to post your training woes as well. Happy trails and lets keep riding.

BFE

mtbr member

How about the NUT?

Want to plan a one Day Ripper down the North Umqua? I can do it the weekend of June 7. I'm gonna post up on DOD see if there are any takers. Fun all day long! bobcan
    THOSE WHO ARE AWAKE LIVE IN A STATE OF CONSTANT AMAZEMENT

mtbr member

Yo Bob!

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I will join you on the N. Umqua ride. I was planning on doing my pre-puff big ride over that weekend. I would like to put in some serious miles (75+ miles) that weekend to try and simulate the CCP as much as possible. Last year we did two laps on the CCP course, but I don't know if the course will be rideable at that point. Sounds like we will have a different course all together this year.

Anyways, pleas count me in for the N. Umqua ride. Thanks

BFE

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcanride
    Want to plan a one Day Ripper down the North Umqua? I can do it the weekend of June 7. I'm gonna post up on DOD see if there are any takers. Fun all day long! bobcan

mtbr member

North Umpqua on June 7th

Need to figure the details. Looks like a very early start from Eugene, better plan on coming over for the night! At least one other rider at this point. Need to go big this weekend. I am thinking of a double century w/ Forest Gump, again an early start and ride all day. Maybe Memorial Day. I would also look at something in Oakridge. 521 0038 Call me bob

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Last year we did two laps on the CCP course, but I don't know if the course will be rideable at that point. Sounds like we will have a different course all together this year.
    I remember doing three laps last on the Alpine Trail last year.

For this year, with all the snow they're planning on doing 100 laps at Whypass, not sure how they'll get in all that vert though.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    I remember doing three laps last on the Alpine Trail last year.

For this year, with all the snow they're planning on doing 100 laps at Whypass, not sure how they'll get in all that vert though.
    100 laps at Whypass, huh? Wow, that sounds like...fun.

Making fat cool since '71
    A couple of us (non-racers...) did some fancy math and map work and you could get close (sort of...) to the climbing and more (70%) singletrack by doing several (7?) convoluted laps out at WhipeAss. We had fun (sort of...) cussing/discussing how we would have to lay out the ribbons to direct traffic. It would look like one of those (whack job)Christmas decoration houses you see on the 6 oclock news: "...and now for the lighter side of the days news..."

School is almost out, the kiddos are almost free from my reign of terror so hopefully a couple of us with summers off can get up there several more times and help you sadistic pricks out. And by sadistic I mean you are sick and by prick I mean you climb faster than I do.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Obviously Single

Puffer? Er, never mind ...

Ha ha ha ...

I thought a completely different thing than the CCP when I read your thread subject line!

I though "of course there are puffers in Bend! Are you kidding?"

Never mind ...
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

mtbr member

Toe

Have you looked into the Test of Endurance 50? It's definately a grind, and good training for the Puff.

http://www.mudslingerevents.com/muds...races/toe.html

Stan

mtbr member

Toe

Stan-

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I have checked out the TOE 50 and have considered it, but since I have already spent an fair chunk of money registering for the Puff, I will just find myself a long ride in Oakridge to do on that day and test my endurance without spending more money on entry into TOE50. Maybe I will do that instead of the Puff next year.....That is if I finish the Puff this year

BFE

Quote Originally Posted by scocke
    Have you looked into the Test of Endurance 50? It's definately a grind, and good training for the Puff.

http://www.mudslingerevents.com/muds...races/toe.html

Stan

mtbr member

puffininbendduringtoe

I plan come over the hill during the week leading up to TOE, Staying at the Inn of 7. Stay Thursday, Fri and Saturday. I will of course be bring the bike an plan on doing some rides. We need to exchange ########s Bob

mtbr member

Bend....

Bobcan-
    I will shoot you an email with my #. So you are coming to Bend the weekend following the N.U.T ride, which you are planning to do on June 7? Are you planning to race TOE50?

BFE

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcanride
    I plan come over the hill during the week leading up to TOE, Staying at the Inn of 7. Stay Thursday, Fri and Saturday. I will of course be bring the bike an plan on doing some rides. We need to exchange ########s Bob

Members who have read this thread: 0