Looking for Bike Mechanic/Sales Radpower Bikes Portland- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Looking for Bike Mechanic/Sales Radpower Bikes Portland

Hey all,

I don't normally post in this forum as I am located in Sacramento. However, the company I work for is looking for people with bike mechanic and/or sales experience to do demo events, service calls, and bike assembly and delivery for a direct to consumer e-bike brand, Rad Power Bikes.

I currently work in this position, so if you have any questions about what it's like or would like advice about the interview process, send me a pm. You can find the posting and general website here:

radpowerbikes.com

https://jobs.lever.co/radpowerbikes-...c-a9dc4b7d7ee7

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Moped. Yeah, Rebranding still makes me puke. Had a moped coming straight at me on the Springwater Corridor last Wednesday. Most people should not be attempting to control their motorized vehicle at 28mph when they cannot ride a BICYCLE that fast.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I ****ing abhor this e-biking craze. Itís sad to me that some of my LBSís seem to be embracing it. Moto is a thing. It demands fitness...and fuel. E-bikes should be displayed right next to the 125s: here, this is your healthy alternative.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Costigan View Post
    I ****ing abhor this e-biking craze. Itís sad to me that some of my LBSís seem to be embracing it. Moto is a thing. It demands fitness...and fuel. E-bikes should be displayed right next to the 125s: here, this is your healthy alternative.
    Meh....I've come full circle with ebikes as long as there are rules in place for some trails. Look at someplace like Raven Ridge, it's a 7 min downhill and a 45 min - 1 hr climb on a regular bike....or a 15 min drive in a truck, I'd rather a bunch of guys were shuttling on ebikes than a bunch of trucks blasting up the fire road, better for nature and obviously you are still getting a bit of a workout in and can do 6 laps instead of 3.

The exciting thing is it opens up a LOT of the moto trails for huge loops you couldn't (or wouldn't) wanna do on a std. bike. All the stuff up in the Gifford would be rad on a ebike and totally legal....which I rode on a regular bike in Trans Casc 2 years ago and it was &*(#ing brutal and I'm a XC guy...

I'm starting to think of it as a alternative to shuttle trucks and motos....both can be good things and I'm a moto guy...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I canít get behind E-MTB. They should be looked upon as tools for the infirm and dolled out by prescription.

Metalheadbikerider
    Quote Originally Posted by Costigan View Post
    I canít get behind E-MTB. They should be looked upon as tools for the infirm and dolled out by prescription.
    Why? I don't own one and don't plan to buy one anytime soon, just curious. Is it the material waste coming from battery production? Trail conflict?
    When I think about places like Cold Creek, they seem like a great way to get in two or three laps using the road climb versus one grueling lap.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent View Post
    Why? I don't own one and don't plan to buy one anytime soon, just curious. Is it the material waste coming from battery production? Trail conflict?
    When I think about places like Cold Creek, they seem like a great way to get in two or three laps using the road climb versus one grueling lap.
    Exactly....I'd rather have a bunch of dudes on E-bikes self shuttling than a bunch of full size trucks shuttling 3 guys at a time. Never mind the several moto / OHV areas that we currently ride MTBs on that have some great descents that would be much more accessible on E-bikes vs killing yourself on a std. bike....

I can see banning them on some of the more serene / natural trail systems due to over-use concerns....