Let's roll.

Favorite Syncline Route?

Hey y'all...

I suppose I should post this in the WA thread, but to hell with em--most people on syncline seem to be from the oregon side anyhow.

Just curious, what's your preferred route up and down?

Last (and only) time I was up there, I went up along the double track as it switch backed (didn't do Little Moab since I was going up--I'm assuming that's more fun going downhill) to the fence. Then it was pretty much a climb fest along the cliffs until the trees at the top. Went though the trees, found a gravel road, saw a house, and then eventually got on some singletrack (Coyote Cliffs trail, I think) that was a pretty fun downhill romp, which pretty much spit me out at the parking lot by the lower fence.

Is this the best way? I loved the single track I was on below the cliffs, but it seemed like I was missing something. The climb up seemed like it would be a blast to go down, so I got to thinking that maybe the road is the best way to take to get up there?

Dunno. I have the handwritten map in my car, so feel free to reference trail names.

Anyhow, I'm heading out there tomorrow and was just hoping for some thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

A
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    This post might be late if you already went but...

I usually just ride up Courtney road, go down Coyote Cliffs trail, then go up to the top of little Moab and back down. There are many trails toward White Salmon that can be brought into a large loop also. I went there yesterday and the trail conditions were as good as they can get.
    Does anybody know where to get the map? I had the same map, and lost it. I didn't see a copy of it at the LBS where I got it before.

Members who have read this thread: 0