Falls Creek Falls conditions??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Falls Creek Falls conditions??

Anybody know the status of falls creek falls trail, snow, blowdown etc.? Was thinking of riding it this weekend so if it's bunk, anybody know of a similar length trail that's rideable in Hood River/ Mt hood yet? Thanks for any updates
    Last edited by WHALENARD; 05-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Suppose to clear of snow and blowdown to horse camp from the bottom. I may head up there on Sun if you want to ride.

Here's a good resource for current trail conditions: Mountain biking the Columbia Gorge | The Gorge is my Gym
    Ride On!

The Other F Word
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Suppose to clear of snow and blowdown to horse camp from the bottom. I may head up there on Sun if you want to ride.
    Rode up from the bottom yesterday (Saturday) & got within about a mile of the horse camp.

There's a big tree down about a mile or so below that, so keep your brain on when you're headed back down.

gabrielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

Respect Your Trails
    Here's a good resource for current trail conditions: Mountain biking the Columbia Gorge | The Gorge is my Gym[/QUOTE]

Great link. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes accurate info on the trails off of Rd. 44 is not easily found.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
    I rode out there today to about the horse camp. Snow starts there. In great shape and the fall's sound like rolling thunder.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    There was still one road crossing to go before the Horsey Camp could be reached. Several snow patches before that. It is at least a mile, if not more. The trail is absolutely prime. Those three steep pitches have such incredible traction right now that going up was relatively stress free and descending was just a flat out giggle fest. What fun... I wonder about Panther, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Haven't hit the trails over there yet, but we did a road ride up Randle Road our of Trout Lake on Saturday. We got turned around at 3300 feet by snow. It was surprising give how sunny it has been this spring (yes, we saw the "road closed by snow" sign at the bottom, but figured the rangers hadn't gotten around to taking it down yet. We were very wrong). Still a hell of a ride -- we turned around and rode elsewhere in the area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Rode the 157 trail tonight with two friends. We had to walk a little. snow to just below the Horse camp then smooth sailing. One could almost ride on top the the snow. Maybe first thing in the morning?

Members who have read this thread: 0