Echo Trails- Mtbr.com

Thread: Echo Trails

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Echo Trails

Looking at driving out to Echo, OR to sample some of the new trail network out there. There seems to be very little information on it. Has anybody been out there, that can comment on them?

Afric Pepperbird
    I may be mistaken, but I think that old guy - you know, the "opinions are like buttholes" guy - has been out there. I'd ask him.

(sorry, his CB handle escapes me now)

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Did a race out there a few weeks ago, the Echo Red to Red. The trails are alright, nothing too fancy. Mostly singletrack through farmland. Its rolling and non technical.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RustPuddle
    Did a race out there a few weeks ago, the Echo Red to Red. The trails are alright, nothing too fancy. Mostly singletrack through farmland. Its rolling and non technical.
    Second.
    They are nice for a change. I rode them last June and they were pretty overgrown, but still fun. Especially nice if you're not feeling like climbing for hours. They just roll. And they're well bermed and built for bikes, so there's not any pushing.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Echo Map link

It's pretty fun out there this time of year. Enjoyed the race. There is another 5 miles of trails down along the river that has a totally different character than the fast rolling tread that makes up the majority of the singletrack.

There's a map here:
    http://www.echohillstrailbuilders.co...ce/Course.html

You might also contact the race promoter for more info.

mtbr member

worth the trip

We headed out there last fall looking for dryness. We "camped" at the RV park in town and did a nice ride on the trail system. We had a little trouble finding the trail system but once we did, the riding was quite nice. Be alert for goatheads if you happen to wander off the trail. Even riding around the parking lot or taking a run through town might be enough to encounter goathead thorns.
    free-flowing meat waves of possibility...

Members who have read this thread: 0