Dog humping incident on the Wildwood- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,431

    Dog humping incident on the Wildwood

    My leg was humped by several dogs this weekend while walking the Wildwood Trail, it's really getting out of hand up there. In defense of the owners, both did call out as the dogs approached "it is ok, my dog does not hump legs", but both dogs immediately mounted my leg. It took several attempts to release my leg from the dogs grasp, needless to say, I did get away.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    297
    That wouldn't happen if you could bike Wildwood.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jam esp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    95
    I've seen the way your legs dress. They were asking for it!
    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,197
    Did you show pleasure?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    81
    Hey man, sex happens. People hump, elephants hump. Earthquakes are like the ground humping itself and that makes buildings fall down. Don't you think you might be over reacting a little?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,208
    You may have to quit shavin' those lovely hams.Are flowers on the way?
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  7. #7
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,752

  8. #8
    Out spokin'
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    10,780
    Hey OHM, maybe you've just got a phobia about humpers. Get over it.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WHALENARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,040
    Haha...genius!

  10. #10
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,760

    Sparticus wants that dog

    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    He is full of Viagra and looking for some love.

  11. #11
    Take Chances
    Reputation: tymelero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    253
    Did you initiate the humping by ass sniffing? If so, you get what you pay for.

  12. #12
    VP/ Terrain Designer
    Reputation: NastyNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    631
    This is too funny! Way to go OHM!
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

  13. #13
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    873
    I heard that ALL dogs are NEVER happy or healthy unless they're humping legs so just accept it. I know this because I humped over 500 legs and I know several other leg humpers. Also, I'm happy and healthy so it is fact. Do not disagree with me.

    Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

  14. #14
    I got nothin'
    Reputation: hydrogeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    I know this because I humped over 500 legs and I know several other leg humpers.
    I think someone needs a leash.....wait, that sounds kinky.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,208
    Is Oregon Field Guide going to do an expose soon?Maybe that idiot from the parks dept. can give her "opinion " on leg humping.500 legs...I am impressed Caz!
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  16. #16
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    873
    I like this thread and it got me thinking about how people will actually blame the victim of a dog bite just like they blame victims of rape and how these people cannot accept that there is no grey area in either case.

    Then I got to thinking about the idea of carrying dog treats to toss out like anti heat seeking missle flares and what one would need to carry to prevent leg humping.

    But I guess since I've humped over 500 legs...I should be the authority.

    Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

  17. #17
    VP/ Terrain Designer
    Reputation: NastyNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    631
    I guess I will have to ride a tandem with meat filled mannequin legs attached to the rear pedals!
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

  18. #18
    Out spokin'
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    10,780
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNick
    I guess I will have to ride a tandem with meat filled mannequin legs attached to the rear pedals!
    LOL! I'm serious -- I actually laughed out loud!

    Let's all do whatever we need to do in order to make the dog owner's life -- or irresponsible dog owner's life (since we usually can't tell the difference until it's too late) -- easier.

    Buy dog treats -- check.
    Carry dog treats -- check.
    Take dog sensitivity classes -- check.
    Spend time around dogs, whether you want to or not -- check.
    Don't look like a moving target -- check.
    Don't be agressive -- check.
    Don't be timid -- check.
    Don't yell "NO" unless it's the right thing to do -- check.
    Don't hit the dog, even it's in the middle of the trail --check.
    If bitten, take your time and get all info from the dog owner -- check.
    Stay calm, you can get yourself to the hospital later -- check.
    Maybe bring some human treats for the owner, too -- check.

    Okay, I made that last one up.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    LOL! I'm serious -- I actually laughed out loud!

    Let's all do whatever we need to do in order to make the dog owner's life -- or irresponsible dog owner's life (since we usually can't tell the difference until it's too late) -- easier.

    Buy dog treats -- check.
    Carry dog treats -- check.
    Take dog sensitivity classes -- check.
    Spend time around dogs, whether you want to or not -- check.
    Don't look like a moving target -- check.
    Don't be agressive -- check.
    Don't be timid -- check.
    Don't yell "NO" unless it's the right thing to do -- check.
    Don't hit the dog, even it's in the middle of the trail --check.
    If bitten, take your time and get all info from the dog owner -- check.
    Stay calm, you can get yourself to the hospital later -- check.
    Maybe bring some human treats for the owner, too -- check.

    Okay, I made that last one up.

    --sParty
    Excellent list!The only thing that you forgot was to blame Nat for everything.The "dogs" can smell his "guilt" from three switchbacks away.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  20. #20
    B42
    B42 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    177

    Idea!

    In the future, please post these notices from your phone while at Wildwood and the event is happening. It's really disappointing to hear that there were a bunch of leg humping dogs in one area and the rest of us didn't find out in time to go and enjoy it.

  21. #21
    VP/ Terrain Designer
    Reputation: NastyNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by B42
    In the future, please post these notices from your phone while at Wildwood and the event is happening. It's really disappointing to hear that there were a bunch of leg humping dogs in one area and the rest of us didn't find out in time to go and enjoy it.

    LMAO!!! No seriously! My butt just fell off!
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

  22. #22
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    LOL! I'm serious -- I actually laughed out loud!

    Let's all do whatever we need to do in order to make the dog owner's life -- or irresponsible dog owner's life (since we usually can't tell the difference until it's too late) -- easier.

    Buy dog treats -- check.
    Carry dog treats -- check.
    Take dog sensitivity classes -- check.
    Spend time around dogs, whether you want to or not -- check.
    Don't look like a moving target -- check.
    Don't be agressive -- check.
    Don't be timid -- check.
    Don't yell "NO" unless it's the right thing to do -- check.
    Don't hit the dog, even it's in the middle of the trail --check.
    If bitten, take your time and get all info from the dog owner -- check.
    Stay calm, you can get yourself to the hospital later -- check.
    Maybe bring some human treats for the owner, too -- check.

    Okay, I made that last one up.

    --sParty
    Now I'm LOL'ing!

  23. #23
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,197
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1
    Excellent list!The only thing that you forgot was to blame Nat for everything.The "dogs" can smell his "guilt" from three switchbacks away.
    It is bound to happen sooner or later. All my fault!!!

  24. #24
    please, just ride
    Reputation: seedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    211
    Hey Nat, now that the powder is back, are the avalanche dogs chasing you all over the mountain? Just curious.

  25. #25
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,197
    Quote Originally Posted by seedy
    Hey Nat, now that the powder is back, are the avalanche dogs chasing you all over the mountain? Just curious.
    Har! Not any more, because I now ride with Milk Bones in my pockets, am cool, firm, and friendly but lack emotions.

    The dog sledding dogs though...there I have a problem. I think they all want to hump my leg because any time I go by them they show me their "lipstick."

  26. #26
    Keep Singletrack Single
    Reputation: willem3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,147

    ... and if we just ...

    Did you practice safe sex?
    Support Bend Trails
    http://bendtrails.org
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

  27. #27
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    873

    We've been had

    "Walking" ???

    This is a Mountain Biking Forum!!!

    (is Wildwood trail even in Oregon?)


    Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

  28. #28
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,474
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    "Walking" ???

    This is a Mountain Biking Forum!!!

    (is Wildwood trail even in Oregon?)


    Caz
    Yeah, it's the best singletrack in Portland you'll never ride... But it's good to know I no longer have to go down to Old Town to get some action.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,054
    I thought I was going to laugh at this thread. Didn't realize everyone thought I was that lame. Oh well, at least it started light hearted.

  30. #30
    Out spokin'
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    10,780
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkild
    I thought I was going to laugh at this thread. Didn't realize everyone thought I was that lame. Oh well, at least it started light hearted.
    I don't think you're that lame. Dunno why you would think such a thing. Hey, let's go for a ride, bro.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  31. #31
    Take Chances
    Reputation: tymelero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    253
    Its all in fun. If your to blame for anything it is some light hearted fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.