Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Directions to Syncline or Whoop Dee Do... anyone?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TWISTED 
#1 ·
My wife and I are heading up to the Edgefield in PDX for a wedding this weekend and thought we'd get some riding in while we were in the area. I've heard nothing but great things about Syncline and Whoop Dee Do and we'd like to have a look. Does anyone have the beta on how to get there, or where I might be able to find a map? Thanks!

#2 ·
For Whoops

Just swing by Discover Bicycle off of Oak Street in Hoodriver. They will give you good directions and an updated map. Also since that trail is on private land, sometimes late in the summer it is closed for forest fire prevention, a sawmill owns the land.

#3 ·
Thanks KCC. We stopped by Discover Bicycle and they hooked us up. Great folks there, and an awesome shop in general. We actually ended up doing Surveyor's Ridge. Despite some pretty nasty weather, we had a great time. What an increadible trail. We'll definiately be back to hit that as well as the other rides suggested. Thanks again for the info.

KCC said:
Just swing by Discover Bicycle off of Oak Street in Hoodriver. They will give you good directions and an updated map. Also since that trail is on private land, sometimes late in the summer it is closed for forest fire prevention, a sawmill owns the land.

#4 ·
SLinBend said:
Thanks KCC. We stopped by Discover Bicycle and they hooked us up. Great folks there, and an awesome shop in general. We actually ended up doing Surveyor's Ridge. Despite some pretty nasty weather, we had a great time. What an increadible trail. We'll definiately be back to hit that as well as the other rides suggested. Thanks again for the info.
No snow on Surveyors? I was there two weeks ago (hood river) and I was told Surveyors was still snowed in!!??!!

#7 ·
Syncline Trail. Washington side, Bingen, White Salmon. Head east on sr 14 a few miles out of Bingen. Look to the left, you'll see the parking lot. Main trail is a big loop. From parking lot head east on the messed up old road. You can start climbing up at the cow coral thing, Coyote Canyon, or head down the old road farther then up to the left along the cliff, Little Moab. The two trails meet at the top. There will be others there, be sure to ask them advice about the trails. This is a great place to ride. It seems to be fine even when it's been raining heavily in Portland. Great views of the Gorge and Hood, from the very top looking north you have a nice view of Adams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.