Best MTB towns in Oregon??- Mtbr.com
    Go hard or go home

Best MTB towns in Oregon??

Yo.

I live in Colorado, and am coming up to Bend in June...gonna do some shopping for a cool little town that is rad in the XC mountain biking - hopefully a good number of trails and a sweet biking community. Would like nothing bigger than 50,000 peeps...might be checking out Ashland area. Anyplace else I should explore??

Thanks in advance,

Sinjin
    Best coffee ever... www.copperdoorcoffee.com/

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin4131
    Yo.

I live in Colorado, and am coming up to Bend in June...gonna do some shopping for a cool little town that is rad in the XC mountain biking - hopefully a good number of trails and a sweet biking community. Would like nothing bigger than 50,000 peeps...might be checking out Ashland area. Anyplace else I should explore??

Thanks in advance,

Sinjin
    Oakridge. Best trails ever and more of them. (only a slight exaggeration)
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    You're right on with Ashland, make sure to check it out.

Making fat cool since '71
    There is no mountain biking in Oregon.

I hear Florida is where it's at.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You should check out this other thread here on MTBR that discussed where to move to. The person had different requirements, but there was a lot of discussion that might help. If you want under 50k people, then Bend is already too big, although I'd still check it out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin4131
    Yo.

Thanks in advance,

Sinjin
    Well, Bend already has over 70,000 peep's, & growing, but the XC trails here are abundant to say the least. Plus within an hour to hour & a half drive there are so many other options! MRT, N. Umpqua, Oakridge, etc... Ashland is also really nice, plus the riding season is a bit longer there. One thing I like about Ashland is you get a really good climbing workout followed by wicked fast singletrack descents, something bend is lacking a bit in (mostly rolling terrain)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by inkpad
    Well, Bend already has over 70,000 peep's, & growing, but the XC trails here are abundant to say the least. Plus within an hour to hour & a half drive there are so many other options! MRT, N. Umpqua, Oakridge, etc... Ashland is also really nice, plus the riding season is a bit longer there. One thing I like about Ashland is you get a really good climbing workout followed by wicked fast singletrack descents, something bend is lacking a bit in (mostly rolling terrain)
    Hey IP,

I'm coming down to ride a bit from PDX and hang out with family with RFX in tow from May 16-20th. I'll be staying in Sunriver, but can meet for rides in the DNF if you want to hook up with a fellow "non-homer". I'm planning on riding Shevlin/Mrazek, Phil's stuff and beyond to snowline and check out the Lair and ride DRT/Benham Butte from Sunriver on one of those days of course.

PM if you want to exchange numbers, if not, not big deal and I will be cruising solo on a heavy "greenish/titanium" looking olive 06' RFX.

Jon
    Ride On!

Members who have read this thread: 0