Alsea Falls shuttle FUNdraiser for June 2019- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Alsea Falls shuttle FUNdraiser for June 2019

The first of two 2019 shuttle FUNdraisers for Alsea Falls trail building and maintenance is now live. Get your tickets before it sells out!

Prices are discounted right now, and will go up on Friday, June 7th. Tickets have sold out early for June shuttles pretty much every year since the system opened in 2014.

The new black diamond trail, Misery Whip, should be open just in time to ride. Shuttles will go up to the landing just below the entrance of Whistlepunk, so there will be a bit of climbing to get to the top of Misery Whip. I haven't ridden it but I'm pretty sure the juice will be worth the squeeze.

All funds go to the trails!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Never been to a shuttle day anywhere, just curious how many people you end up seeing out on the trail? My wife is just getting into mountain biking. She was disappointed with the trails at Sisters after starting out at Catamount, so we went to Alsea Falls on Monday and she loved it. She's worried about crowding and having too many people pile up behind her so I said I'd ask about congestion.

Seemed pretty good on Monday, we only saw a few folks despite cars being parked all the way down the road by the time we left. Wondered if it would be similar or if the shuttle crams a lot more people onto the runs?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHijinks View Post
    how many people you end up seeing out on the trail?
    Considering that there are close to 200 riders out there, it's not that bad, particularly if people sort themselves out before dropping in. A slow rider entering in front of an entire busload at the top of Whistlepunk can get caught right at the squirrel filter (like 15ft into the entrance) but waiting at the back can mean a decent ride before hearing anyone. There will be riders on the next bus who will catch riders from the previous bus; there's just no way around that since there's only one main line down (Whistlepunk to Sexy Tree to Highballer to Springboard).

It's usually a little less busy on Sunday than it is on Saturday. You can also divert a less experienced rider a little ways down the road, and descend Gutrobber instead of Whistlepunk, then Dutchman instead of Springboard. There's currently no reasonable trail alternative for descending instead of Highballer.

Hope this helps!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That does thanks! We did both Gutrobber and Whistlepunk as well as the Duchman diversion based on reports of Springboard being sloppy so that all makes pretty good sense. Was leaning towards Sunday anyway so that sounds good.

What's a typical wait time at the bottom to catch a shuttle?

mtbr member
    After the first round of shuttles go up itís more of a wait for enough riders to fill a shuttle. Iíve caught the same bus back up for my next ride, as have others, but only going all out nonstop from top to bottom. Ive never heard of anyone beating a bus down the hill. When Iím volunteering (not this year) itís nonstop loading bikes... I donít have a good sense of how often they leave. The pace definitely slows through the day as riders get tired.

mtbr member
    Sold out. Thanks to everyone who donated. The money goes directly into more trail building and equipment maintenance. Without this support the network would be a pale imitation of what it is now.

I'm signed up for Sunday. Say hi if you see me. Orange and black Nomad (v4). I'll be climbing up to Misery Whip for sure!

mtbr member
    Saw on the FB page that they opened more slots, so just signed up for Sat, stoked! Never been there before, looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    I'll be there.