Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Headoc View Post
    Iíd probably stick with the 450 and see how you do. I am 83kg and was sagged at 30% on the 450. I ended up going up to 500 trying to get close to the feel I was looking for. Lbs also initially suggested softer spring. It will blow through the travel with a coil. I still felt rear was still too soft and ended up going back to the DPX2 running 230psi which got the bike feeling good. Didnít blow through the travel on bigger hits, reasonable small bump compliance etc. Good luck!
    Have you though about running an X2? That is what I am running on my bike, and it is fantastic. The shock offers the tunability to make the bike work on a large variety of hits and consistently to work well throughout a long run. In my opinion absolutely worth the cash.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Iíd probably stick with the 450 and see how you do. I am 83kg and was sagged at 30% on the 450. I ended up going up to 500 trying to get close to the feel I was looking for. Lbs also initially suggested softer spring. It will blow through the travel with a coil. I still felt rear was still too soft and ended up going back to the DPX2 running 230psi which got the bike feeling good. Didnít blow through the travel on bigger hits, reasonable small bump compliance etc. Good luck!
    A properly tuned coil works well, actually astoundingly well, on the bike. I had a DHX2 and it was horrible but my 11-6 blows the Float X2 out of the water. I can hit bottom on both the air and the 11-6 but at about the same rate and never harshly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    A properly tuned coil works well, actually astoundingly well, on the bike. I had a DHX2 and it was horrible but my 11-6 blows the Float X2 out of the water. I can hit bottom on both the air and the 11-6 but at about the same rate and never harshly.

That's interesting. I'm currently running the 11-6 coil and considering selling it, thinking it might not be suitable for the Rallon.
    My experience so far...I'm about 90kg ready to ride and relatively quick.

450LB spring Ė 1-3 turns preload. Bike blows thru travel easily. Approx 21mm sag (35%). Bike is sitting too far into its travel, feels rough and NVH levels high from chain slap due to the shock not controlling the back end.

475LB spring Ė 1 turn preload Ė 16mm sag (26%). Bike is sitting higher but is still blowing through its stroke too easily. Feels better overall and small bump not compromised from 450 spring but still undersprung and rides in its travel.

500lb spring Ė 1 turn preload 13mm sag (22%), better again but small bump slightly sacrificed. Bike still gets through its travel and on fast chunky rocks NVH increases due to the shock being deep in the travel too much of the time.

When I fit the OEM DPX2 shock - 230psi -bike feels great and is almost silent. Does not blow through its stroke and maintains composure everywhere.

Given the X2 is meant to be quite a bit better than the DPX2 and with my experience with the coil, you can understand my disbelief about your comment about blowing anything out of the water!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac48 View Post
    Given the X2 is meant to be quite a bit better than the DPX2 and with my experience with the coil, you can understand my disbelief about your comment about blowing anything out of the water!
    Given the fact that you are about 20lbs heavier than me, no, no I can't understand your disbelief. You probably do need an air shock. For me I don't. Have a nice day.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Given the fact that you are about 20lbs heavier than me, no, no I can't understand your disbelief. You probably do need an air shock. For me I don't. Have a nice day.

Err thanks. I will...

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    That's interesting. I'm currently running the 11-6 coil and considering selling it, thinking it might not be suitable for the Rallon.
    My experience so far...I'm about 90kg ready to ride and relatively quick.

450LB spring Ė 1-3 turns preload. Bike blows thru travel easily. Approx 21mm sag (35%). Bike is sitting too far into its travel, feels rough and NVH levels high from chain slap due to the shock not controlling the back end.

475LB spring Ė 1 turn preload Ė 16mm sag (26%). Bike is sitting higher but is still blowing through its stroke too easily. Feels better overall and small bump not compromised from 450 spring but still undersprung and rides in its travel.
    Did you play with the high-speed compression at all?

I tend to like a pretty linear feel on a bike. I generally set the bike up for the top of stroke feel that I am looking for and then use the high compression to control big hits.

I have not tried a coil on my Rallon yet, but I know quite aggressive riders who are making them work.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    Did you play with the high-speed compression at all?

I tend to like a pretty linear feel on a bike. I generally set the bike up for the top of stroke feel that I am looking for and then use the high compression to control big hits.

I have not tried a coil on my Rallon yet, but I know quite aggressive riders who are making them work.
    Yeah, I have been playing with all the damping. I only had the 500 spring on briefly (borrowed the spring to test) but when I get one delivered I'll be starting from scratch and hopefully will be able to get it closer to how I feel it should be performing.

I rode today with the air shock and the biggest thing I took away from the ride was how much more front grip I had. As it wasn't sitting as deep into its travel compared to the coil, the front stayed nicely weighted and had substantially more feel and bite.

Do you know what spring rates and settings the other aggressive riders are using (assuming they are on Rallons)?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    After all of the reviews I have read, it doesn't seem like the DHX2 has many advantages over the X2. The bike seems to perform as good or even better with the X2. I would assume it is possible to get the DHX2 to perform better, but much harder to dial in and maybe only on certain trails?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    After all of the reviews I have read, it doesn't seem like the DHX2 has many advantages over the X2. The bike seems to perform as good or even better with the X2. I would assume it is possible to get the DHX2 to perform better, but much harder to dial in and maybe only on certain trails?
    DHX2 is going to be tough. If someone made a pneumatic bottom out bumper it might work pretty well.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    DHX2 is going to be tough. If someone made a pneumatic bottom out bumper it might work pretty well.

As itís going to blow through itís stroke just like the 11.6?

Only difference is that push have put a cone shaped bumper stop to give some graduation on bottom out (which happens frequently but can hardly be felt). Which highlights the usefulness of an air shock on the Rallon.

You stated you had a DHX2 and didnít like it, what didnít you like?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    As itís going to blow through itís stroke just like the 11.6?

Only difference is that push have put a cone shaped bumper stop to give some graduation on bottom out (which happens frequently but can hardly be felt). Which highlights the usefulness of an air shock on the Rallon.

You stated you had a DHX2 and didnít like it, what didnít you like?
    The DHX2 bottomed out too easily and was overall tuned poorly for the bike. Push has other changes, weight based tuning, besides the progressive bumper. The bottom outs on the DHX2 were never overly harsh either. I don't have the issue you have of it sitting low in its travel. The DHX2 didn't really either but had nowhere near the small bump compliance of the Push.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quick sizing question, I am 5'8.5, 30 inch inseam with slightly short arms. Am I best on a S/M or a L? I currently ride a 17 Bronson with a reach of around 405 mm and 50mm stem, but it feels cramped. Thank you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    So, after a week of riding, studying and fiddling I think I'm close to a very nice setup on the 450lb SLS spring for the DHX2. Carrying some water and basic tools my riding weight is about 77kg (169lbs) and I just get the recommended 30 per cent sag. I got my LSC/LSR about right, with a fun, playful feel through easy flow trails, but on bigger hits the shock often felt harsh. I fixed this (it seems) by closing down the HSR and opening up the HSC. So, current settings (which felt AWESOME over mixed terrain this morning): HSR 2 clicks from closed; LSR 15 clicks from closed; HSC 17 clicks from closed; LSC 16 clicks.

The shock goes through it's travel on the bigger hits but never in a harsh way, and I had a nice mix of plush and poppy with these settings. I'll keep experimenting, but I thought that info might be useful...

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Anyone looking to buy a rallon M/L 18' hit me up by PM

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I just pulled the trigger on a new 2018 M Team size S/M. I have a couple questions.
    1. Is there a bottle cage that will work on the small frame for a 20 oz bottle and the X2 shock?
    2. Anyone have experience with the invisiframe kit for this bike?
    3. Is there anything that you would recommend disassembling / greasing / re-torquing?
    4. Does the bike come with crank boots?

I am so psyched for this bike. I was blown away by the demo and how well it climbed and handled tight switchbacks. It goes downhill amazing too. I plan to swap out the dropper post to a 170 one up, and I might change the damper in the fork to a Grip 2. How do you all like the Fit damper?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by B3CrewMember View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on a new 2018 M Team size S/M. I have a couple questions.
    1. Is there a bottle cage that will work on the small frame for a 20 oz bottle and the X2 shock?
    3. Is there anything that you would recommend disassembling / greasing / re-torquing?
    4. Does the bike come with crank boots?

I am so psyched for this bike. I was blown away by the demo and how well it climbed and handled tight switchbacks. It goes downhill amazing too. I plan to swap out the dropper post to a 170 one up, and I might change the damper in the fork to a Grip 2. How do you all like the Fit damper?
    What questions do you have about Invisiframe?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Does the kit they sell fit and protect the frame well? It looks like some people have had rubbing on the chain stays and near the chainring. Wondering if invisiframe protects against that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Does the kit they sell fit and protect the frame well? It looks like some people have had rubbing on the chain stays and near the chainring. Wondering if invisiframe protects against that.
    I haven't had any rubbing issues. It's saved my paint on several occasions. Not too bad to install either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I haven't had any rubbing issues. It's saved my paint on several occasions. Not too bad to install either.

Thanks! I think Iím going to order the invisiframe kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Invisiframe it is excellent. Great coverage and didnít take too long to fit.

Grip2 damper is a great upgrade and super easy to change too.

Mine didnít come with crank boots.

I pulled the cranks and forks when I bought the bike to check for grease and Iím glad I did, there wasnít much there! Havenít touched the suspension pivots and so far itís been silent with no creaks (apart from the fork which started creaking yesterday, could be the CSU)

Fantastic bike though, absolutely love it!

Whiskey Alpha
    Mar 2018
    I have a 2019 M10 that arrived little over a month ago and here are my answers.

I used a Specialized side load bottle cage and have a couple different 20/21oz bottles that work perfectly with the X2. I suspected the side load would be key to fitment, but I haven't tried top load. YMMV

Yes, I ordered the full Invisframe kit and installed day I got the bike new. The kit is VERY complete, covering every single area that would possibly get wear. It's a TON of work to install, but highly recommended. Well cut, perfect fitment, excellent protection.

Nope, all the pivot points came well lubed with white lithium grease and zero issues with creaks out of the box or after first 70 miles.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Thanks! I think Iím going to order the invisiframe kit.

You're welcome, sorry I missed the first question. I'm running the Fidlock 20oz with an ElevenSix and it fits but barely. That's on an XL but the ElevenSix is much larger than the X2.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Orbea Rallon 2018 Ride Review

Hi all thank you for your very helpful responses. Iím definitely going to put on invisiframe and Iíll start with my zee cage to see if it will fit the s/m frame. If not I might try the fabric bottle. Iím also considering swapping the damper before riding but Iíd like to hear how the FIT works on this bike before I make that decision. It sounds like the Orbea factory does a pretty good job on the assembly which is nice. Iím over the top giddy about this bike. I just canít believe how nimble this bike is given how stable it is. Thanks again for your help.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Hi all thank you for your very helpful responses. Iím definitely going to put on invisiframe and Iíll start with my zee cage to see if it will fit the s/m frame. If not I might try the fabric bottle. Iím also considering swapping the damper before riding but Iíd like to hear how the FIT works on this bike before I make that decision. It sounds like the Orbea factory does a pretty good job on the assembly which is nice. Iím over the top giddy about this bike. I just canít believe how nimble this bike is given how stable it is. Thanks again for your help.

Fabric will not work with the frame bag if that is a consideration.

mtbr member
    May 2017

Best to ride it for a little to bed the forks in before deciding to upgrade the damper. Depending on you terrain you ride you might find the 3 pos damper sufficient. For me I found my hands were getting pretty beat up on longer runs and wanted more control over the damping and the grip2 damper has definitely helped with that. It's still not perfect though, already put a luftkappe in the fork which really helped the fork immensely but I'm still chasing more.

I also bought the famed 11.6 coil and fitted it to my new bike before riding it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing (and I got carried away with newbikeitis) but that was a waste of money for me as I don't think this bike is suited to a coil and I should've spent the money on a better air shock!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Best to ride it for a little to bed the forks in before deciding to upgrade the damper. Depending on you terrain you ride you might find the 3 pos damper sufficient. For me I found my hands were getting pretty beat up on longer runs and wanted more control over the damping and the grip2 damper has definitely helped with that. It's still not perfect though, already put a luftkappe in the fork which really helped the fork immensely but I'm still chasing more.

I also bought the famed 11.6 coil and fitted it to my new bike before riding it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing (and I got carried away with newbikeitis) but that was a waste of money for me as I don't think this bike is suited to a coil and I should've spent the money on a better air shock!
    I think it comes with the fit damper that has lsc and hsc adjustments - I ride in Colorado where itís really chunky. Iíve heard good things about the Luftkappe. I think that the X2 is a great choice as Iíve heard the same about the coil. I think Iím gonna ride it first before changing the damper.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    hi all, rly nice thread going on here, with good informations.
    atm i am split between 2 bikes, rallon 10 or waiting for new lapierre spicy, so i would rly like to know your thoughts about how the rallon handless bike park visits.
    i do mostly normal am/enduro riding that is lets say 2 times a week, and i visit bikeparks 10-20 times a year.
    If think my riding is more on agressive style. my last bike was mondraker dune 2015 and it was a beast for downhill.
    thank you for your help, have a nice weekend

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Hey, been reading this thread and a few others with much interest, I want one of these bikes but I fall into the size void between S/M & L... i'm 5'7 with a 32'' inseam. I'm hoping one of you guys with a L with a 150mm dropper can do me a favour?

Can one of you slam the post as far as it will go then measure centre bb to the top surface of the saddle please withe the post extended to its full height? Thanks for your help - much appreciated!

I miss f88
    Very interested in thoughts on the Rallon as a park bike as well
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

Robertson
    How many folks out there with a Push 11.6 shock on their Rallon? Strongly considering this for my next bike and would move the shock over from my Smash, would only need a service and new eyelet hardware, $175ish total. But if reports are mixed I would sell the shock separate and get an air for this bike

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    How many folks out there with a Push 11.6 shock on their Rallon? Strongly considering this for my next bike and would move the shock over from my Smash, would only need a service and new eyelet hardware, $175ish total. But if reports are mixed I would sell the shock separate and get an air for this bike
    I had a Push coil on my Rallon and for me it didnít work. The bike used up the travel way too easily and didnít deal with repeated hits well because it was too deep into its stroke.
    I put the standard DPX2 back on and it felt better overall than the coil. Iíve since gone with the Rockshox super deluxe Rct with Vorsprung Fractive tuning and thatís the sweet spot for me. Iíve now totally forgotten about the rear suspension which is the biggest compliment I can give it.

mtbr member
    I had a Push coil on my Rallon and for me it didnít work. The bike used up the travel way too easily and didnít deal with repeated hits well because it was too deep into its stroke.
    I put the standard DPX2 back on and it felt better overall than the coil. Iíve since gone with the Rockshox super deluxe Rct with Vorsprung Fractive tuning and thatís the sweet spot for me. Iíve now totally forgotten about the rear suspension which is the biggest compliment I can give it.
    Can you compare the Rockshox to the DPX2, and how much do you weigh?

I'm pretty happy with the DPX2 but would welcome some suppleness off the top and using more travel on single big hits. Everywhere else the DPX2 is fantastic for me, really composed. I'm 235#'s+ at my fighting weight and I've found larger volume air cans like the X2 and debonair don't work for me. I've not tried either on the Rallon though. Most likely will get my DPX2 tuned but am a bit afraid to gain in one area I'll lose in another.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I have had my Rallon for a few months and love it more each time I ride. It really is a great bike I feel like I can grow on for the next several years.

Has anyone tried putting the GRIP2 damper upgrade on their M10 fork? If so, did it make the ride more supple or just allow for more adjustment. I am likely going to make the investment and find out.

How do people feel about X2 vs DPX2? I have the DPX2 where I think it behaves well enough for me but had to back out completely from LSC and take out all spacers so it wouldn't feel so harsh. Recently caught some air and felt like the rear was trying to buck me so I wish I could adjust the high speed rebound. For reference I weigh 150lbs with gear. Anyone my size have comments on whether swapping out to the X2 would be worthwhile?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Can you compare the Rockshox to the DPX2, and how much do you weigh?

I'm pretty happy with the DPX2 but would welcome some suppleness off the top and using more travel on single big hits. Everywhere else the DPX2 is fantastic for me, really composed. I'm 235#'s+ at my fighting weight and I've found larger volume air cans like the X2 and debonair don't work for me. I've not tried either on the Rallon though. Most likely will get my DPX2 tuned but am a bit afraid to gain in one area I'll lose in another.
    I'm 90kg or about 200lbs ready to ride.

The Rockshox with the fractive tuning is fantastic. It's pretty much everything I wanted the Push coil to be only significantly lighter. It's amazing looking down at the shock and watching how active it is over small stuff (like when pedaling firetrail to get to the downs), it's constantly ironing everything out, way more active than the DPX2. Riding it, I have zero complaints about the shock. Just did a week in Tasmania and from cross country to double blacks the shock was good enough that I forgot about it and didn't even adjust it once!

Great support on the big stuff and uses all available travel when needed.

Comes with a slightly firmer valving for pedaling but I rarely changed to that position, just leaving it in open most of the time, only changing when I remembered it was there as it pedaled so well anyway.

I thought it was a good improvement over the Fox shock.

mtbr member
    ^ Thanks for the comparison mate. Got my gears turning now, might be one in my future.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Anyone who has the M-TEAm in size S / M What is the weight?

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bartmikel View Post
    Anyone who has the M-TEAm in size S / M What is the weight?
    30lb and change. Really depends on what tires and runs I am running.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    hi all,
    i am 1,72m and dont know what size to go s/m or l? can you please help me .... all around that height can you please write what size frame and stem do you ride

thank you all, have a great weekend

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    [QUOTE = ViiLu; 13909819] Hola a todos,
    tengo 1,72 m y no sť quť tamaŮo debo tener s / m o l? por favor, ayķdenme ... alrededor de esa altura, por favor, escriba quť tamaŮo de trama y tallo van a montar,

gracias a todos, que tengan un excelente fin de semana [/ QUOTE]

S / M Playful and 50mm stem

M / L barre todo y puro speed and 32mm stem
    Last edited by bartmikel; 1 Week Ago at 04:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Hey!

Just got my Orbea! Just wondering. The chainstay and downtube protectors. Are they glued on? When I press on the downtubeprotector, it sticks and then release itself again. Seems they have placed them in a rush..

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by PopFiske View Post
    Hey!

Just got my Orbea! Just wondering. The chainstay and downtube protectors. Are they glued on? When I press on the downtubeprotector, it sticks and then release itself again. Seems they have placed them in a rush..
    Yep, they are. I know locally there have been issues with adhesion issues with them.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567