Orbea Lanza Missing Front Derailleur Cable Guide- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Orbea Lanza Missing Front Derailleur Cable Guide

I was given an Orbea Lanza 26" wheel frame. I looks brand new. I didn't bother to ask where it came from. My friend's in the bike business and gets all sorts things he never puts into use.

Any how, once I started to think about building the frame up I realised that there seems to be no cable guide on the seat tube for the front derailleur. There are 2 sets of guide on the top tube with grommets for 3 sets of cables. So that's rear disc brake, rear derailleur, but what to do with the middle guide?? I have no idea. Maybe guide that attaches to seat post binder??

Any ideas besides Problem Solvers clamp on cable guides. Any one ever see something?

Orbea Lanza Missing Front Derailleur Cable Guide-orbea_lanza1.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I would guess that is either a QC reject, or a Chinese knockoff frame (there are plenty of fake Orbeas on ebay). The only thing i know of are the problem solvers ones.
    2020 Canyon Neuron 9.0 LTD
    2015 KHS Sixfifty Team
    2019 Salsa Warbird
    2019 Canyon Endurace
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    If you do a google image search for "orbea lanza 26" you'll get a better idea. Looks like the front derailleur cable is routed on the bottom of the downtube. Looks like there should be a cable stop somewhere around the lower left side of the downtube/headtube junction and then probably a plastic guide is mounted on the bottom of the BB old skool style for a bottom pull fd. If any of those are missing, or you want to run top pull vs bottom pull, etc. between Problem Solvers clamps and maybe some discrete zip ties you should be able to get it sorted no problem.

Conversely, you could look at this as a sign from your higher power of choice to just go with a 1X setup and ditch the front derailleur altogether.