Orbea Enduralin - What is it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Orbea "Enduralin" is the new 2018 Rallon!

https://www.orbea.com/ca-en/

Hmmmm...just guessing here. An Endruo specific bike, sitting between the Occam and the Rallon or a replacement for the Rallon? An Occam with more travel?

And a dumb name.
    Last edited by bikeCOLORADO; 06-29-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Information update from Orbea
    GoatRidesBikes.com
    Goat Rides Bikes @ YouTube
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post

Hmmmm...just guessing here. An Endruo specific bike, sitting between the Occam and the Rallon or a replacement for the Rallon? An Occam with more travel?

And a dumb name.
    Apparently a long travel 29er Rallon. Seems to be a theme with new releases. Scott Genius, Whyte S-150, now this! Can't wait to see what is next.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermatt View Post
    Apparently a long travel 29er Rallon. Seems to be a theme with new releases. Scott Genius, Whyte S-150, now this! Can't wait to see what is next.
    https://m.pinkbike.com/news/new-orbe...irst-ride.html

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    GoatRidesBikes.com

mtbr member
    Next is the new Intense Carbine 29 tonight at 1 am PDT and then the new Santa Cruz Hightower LT on Saturday.

mtbr member
    I am not familiar with Orbrea- dont see many around Marin County. But this design is certainly causes one to take notice. Appears very dialed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverB View Post
    I am not familiar with Orbrea- dont see many around Marin County. But this design is certainly causes one to take notice. Appears very dialed.

Interesting that both Mike's Bikes and Wrench Science are listed as dealers. I have a feeling we might see a few showing up in shops.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Interesting that both Mike's Bikes and Wrench Science are listed as dealers. I have a feeling we might see a few showing up in shops.

If you could confirm the brand support is there (and somehow get over press fit bottom brackets)... Sweet specs in any case. I got a frame from Mike's once they are fine.

EDIT: I cannot confirm that they are using a PF bottom bracket specifically on the Rallon M. Their carbon frames seem to, while alloy frames are threaded. But I have not found it specifically stated on the new Rallon M page at Orbea.

Last edited by DriverB; 06-27-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    More I look at this thing the more I really like it, despite not knowing much about the brand until two days ago. Another review:

Orbea Rallon M-Team first ride review - BikeRadar
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    More I look at this thing the more I really like it, despite not knowing much about the brand until two days ago. Another review:

Orbea Rallon M-Team first ride review - BikeRadar
    I'd say it would be my top pick of all the recent releases if I had to choose based on geometry and features. Would like to see more about the Transition Sentinal and upcoming Knolly 29er as well as the Carbon Canfield Toir though.

mtbr member
    If you could confirm the brand support is there (and somehow get over press fit bottom brackets)... Sweet specs in any case. I got a frame from Mike's once they are fine.

EDIT: I cannot confirm that they are using a PF bottom bracket specifically on the Rallon M. Their carbon frames seem to, while alloy frames are threaded. But I have not found it specifically stated on the new Rallon M page at Orbea.

Edit again : this bike has a threaded BB according to Vital. Now it really has my attention.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Orbea has been in business for 175 years, originally manufacturing rifles and started building bicycles in the 1930's. They have not been well known in the Mountain Biking world but have been building world class competitive road bikes for decades.

Brand support is there, they all carry a lifetime warranty. Few brands do and I can tell you from personal experience they back it up. I ride a 2016 Orbea Occam AM and I cracked the frame around the bottom bracket. It was either a problem in the initial lay up or a freak situation with a rock somehow getting between the top of the BB shell and the bottom of the chainstay. Anyhow it cracked and they had it replaced and fully rebuilt within 2 weeks.

Orbea are extremely popular throughout the Midwest (in particular Southwest MO and Northwest AR). The Occam I ride is phenomenal, I couldn't justify a bigger bike as the terrain here is just not "big enough". If I were to move back to my home Colorado I'd consider a new Rallon.

There it is sitting pretty at Oil Well Flats in Canon City CO on a trip out there last fall.

Orbea Enduralin - What is it?-bombardero2.jpg
    GoatRidesBikes.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the color. I'm definitely going to give this thing a look.

Just a thought - shall we change the thread title now that the actual name of the bike is known?

Separately, one design question on this frame is having in my mind. I will have to go inspect if they actually get one at Mikes Bikes here. The question is: is the shock designed linearly parallel with the frame, or does it go in on a little bit of an angle?

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Just a thought - shall we change the thread title now that the actual name of the bike is known?

Separately, one design question on this frame is having in my mind. I will have to go inspect if they actually get one at Mikes Bikes here. The question is: is the shock designed linearly parallel with the frame, or does it go in on a little bit of an angle?

One of the reviews that I read stated that the shock was offset by ~12mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    One of the reviews that I read stated that the shock was offset by ~12mm

Thanks. Im no engineer but I imagine these shocks are designed to be linear... I will be curious to learn about that and see if I can get comfortable. This frame is still holding up as best specs of the current batch in my mind... Hoping the Hightower rumors are wrong

Marin County, CA

mtbr member

The rear shock is parallel to the wheelbase, but offset off the center line if that makes sense.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks. Im no engineer but I imagine these shocks are designed to be linear... I will be curious to learn about that and see if I can get comfortable. This frame is still holding up as best specs of the current batch in my mind... Hoping the Hightower rumors are wrong

Attached is a pic from the vitalmtb review that shows the offset at the yoke end. There's at least one Orbea press pic that shows that the shock is offset at the frame as well (as salespunk said, the shock runs parallel to the centerline of the frame).

I would imagine that aligning the shock with the frame's centerline would result in the frame's strut jutting out too far.

mtbr member
    Makes sense thanks. Perhaps they were able to engineer the yoke and link the retransmit lateral forces back into the frame in a balanced way. Several reviews noted extensive work with fox on suspension development which gives some comfort that the design was well thought out and works with solid range of shocks available for the bike.

I'd be between the X2, but perhaps leaning toward DHX2 with the new climb switch given the overall light weight package here.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Kinematics analysis of the new Rallon:

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....anta-cruz.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blackmores View Post
    Kinematics analysis of the new Rallon:

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....anta-cruz.html
    Any way we can get the writeup in English as well as your native language? I use Google Translator, but it misses entire paragraphs and when dealing with technical subjects it misses some of the details.

mtbr member
    I need to go up to Mike's Bikes and see if there is any chance for a demo or to at least pedal one around the lot. My guess is probably not

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I was told I'd have to wait till Sept

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Any way we can get the writeup in English as well as your native language? I use Google Translator, but it misses entire paragraphs and when dealing with technical subjects it misses some of the details.
    I hate Google translations and I have some ideas to improve this issue. For the moment you can comment in English with your doubts or questions, I'm happy to answer

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    @MR_Blackmores

What do you think about the Rallon in a nutshell ?

Thx

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomi View Post
    @MR_Blackmores

What do you think about the Rallon in a nutshell ?

Thx
    Nice geometry, very good suspension system. High pedalling efficiency and good mid support. Overall is a very well balanced 29er

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Thanks ! Glad I ordered one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Thanks ! Glad I ordered one.
    I just ordered one as well. Was set on the new Carbine until I saw the numbers on it (not to mention the paint). The Rallon was exactly what I was hoping the Carbine would be. Plus, you get the paint and build exactly how you want out of the box. Only downside is the wait... Should be worth it!

What build/colors did you go with? Have they given you an ETA?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I went with the M-team with XTR trail brakes instead of SRAM Guides. I played with colours until the cows came home but ended up the stock violett/mint because it looks awesome and is a totally different look.
    What about you ?

mtbr member
    Nice guys, will look forward to your impressions. What shock did you go with? Custom paint?

I have been tempted as well. Awesome numbers, shock spec, build choices. But not being familiar with the company I want be able to put hands on it first.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Orbea has been around for a really long time in europe

mtbr member
    Yes seems like a legit shop. My roadie friends know more about it.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I went with the M-team with XTR trail brakes instead of SRAM Guides. I played with colours until the cows came home but ended up the stock violett/mint because it looks awesome and is a totally different look.
    What about you ?
    I did the M10 - with Factory 36/X2 upgrades. I'll upgrade the rest with parts I've already got. I settled on a red/pearl grey/black mix. Basically like the one bike mag reviewed, only reverse the red and grey.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Nice guys, will look forward to your impressions. What shock did you go with? Custom paint?

I have been tempted as well. Awesome numbers, shock spec, build choices. But not being familiar with the company I want be able to put hands on it first.

My local shop had been telling me to try their bikes out for a while now, but never had the chance to demo any of them. They got a hold of a customized Occam 29 a week ago and that convinced me. I was very impressed, super solid bike that was a blast on the DH. I imagine the Rallon will blow that out of the water. Can't wait!

Shop owner has worked with these guys for a long time and said they're a great company to work with

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Commenting just to subscribe. I'm really curious about this bike. The Rallon and the Hightower LT are at the top of my list for the next bike. I'm really curious to hear anyone's thoughts between the two, especially regarding climbing. The original Hightower I demoed climbed so awesome for the travel it had, that it set a pretty high bar. I'd be curious to hear some real world comparisons.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I really like the 76 SA, not sure if they are overdoing it.
    The stack height is pretty high a5 615mm for a medium and the standover is also high at 737mm. Other than that it looks pretty nice. Im only 5'8 so i figured if i go long on wb, I'll kinda offset that with a slightly smaller 650b wheel to get a little more agility back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Whambat View Post
    I'm really curious about this bike. The Rallon and the Hightower LT are at the top of my list for the next bike.
    A friend of mine has a HTLT on order, and I've got a Rallon on the way. Numbers are very similar... I should be able to get a comparison as soon as they come in.

I'd imagine that the original Hightower will out-climb both of these all day. I've got some big mountain/all day rides planned for the Rallon though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Dont feel the rallon and htlt is similar. Rallon is much slacker and better seat tube angle. Much lower seat tube length to accommodate a larger dropper. The standover is quite a bit higher but that might be due to how its being measured.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Been on Santa Cruz for more than 10 years - I was waiting for the HT LT but I was totally disappointed. Therefore I ordered a Rallon right away.
    Angles are a completely different ball park with the Rallon and the fork offset with 44 is very progressive too - so it is very interesting bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, I like the geo way better on paper for the Rallon. It really looks sweet and new school for sure. I'm a little disappointed in the SA on HTLT, but slamming the seat forward will get me in a good enough spot.

But, I'm going moving from Denver back to the mtns of CO, Eagle specifically, and climbing is a must. While I wasn't a huge fan of VPP originally, the newer gen stuff pedals really well with minimal feedback. So, I'm really curious on how this Rallon pedals in the real world compared to the HTLT.

I'm a little bummed with the DT 1900's on a 5k bike, something Intense would do, but in comparo to the SC, it's a bit of a wash, for $600 I can get a DT 350/Flow wheel set handbuilt and have a spare wheelset. The piggy back shock is enough of a bonus vs the SC at price point.

While either bike will be a little overkill for the trails in my new hood, I'll only be 90 min to some great chunder on the western slope and a short drive to the lifts. I think the Rallon would be more playful in the rough with it's geo. Although, the SC HT has a pretty proven record of durability.

Good choices with either one, the Orbea just looks sexy though.

mtbr member
    Anyone ridden one yet?
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    I think we're going to have to wait until the first orders get in for real world ride reports here. Can't find much on demo availability.

I agree the HT/LT and Rallon look to be very different bikes on paper. I would not but the HT but Rallon is near the top of my list based on the geo and kits, particularlly shock and fork choices.

Does anyone know if you can order the fork with that low of offset from fox or elsewhere or if it must come from Orbea? Dame question will apply to new Transition I guess

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Yep, I'm more interested to see how it compares to the '17 specialized Enduro. Geometry is really similar but it sounds like it's going to be about 5lb lighter then my Enduro was. I also emailed push to see if they're going to release an 11-6 for it.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Just got word that my order will ship out sometime late August or early September...

mtbr member
    The local Mike's Bikes here told me they will have one in "soon". They indicated there would be a big push to get the brand out there locally here as the brand is leaning on this one to really shake things up and make a name for itself on the MTB side.

Won't have a demo but at least I can pedal it around the parking lot perhaps. They also sell Spec and SC so will be able to do a feel test at least on the shop floor.

Re: the Elevensix, would be cool of they made one. But the fact that they really sound to have to worked with Fox on design and have a spec'ed DHX2... That's the way id probably go. Though the leverage curve doesn't look super progressive...

Edit - the curve posted in VITAL review actually looks a lot more progressive than Mr. BLACKMORES. I would think there is some progression given how much people liked the coil

Last edited by DriverB; 07-23-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    The local Mike's Bikes here told me they will have one in "soon". They indicated there would be a big push to get the brand out there locally here as the brand is leaning on this one to really shake things up and make a name for itself on the MTB side.

Won't have a demo but at least I can pedal it around the parking lot perhaps. They also sell Spec and SC so will be able to do a feel test at least on the shop floor.

Re: the Elevensix, would be cool of they made one. But the fact that they really sound to have to worked with Fox on design and have a spec'ed DHX2... That's the way id probably go. Though the leverage curve doesn't look super progressive...

Cool, I'm interested to hear your opinion, especially vs the enduro. I'm currently out with a broken shoulder, probably not on a bike again until october but I'll be looking to take one for a spin in the desert then with the coil. The dhx2 is a great shock but it doesn't compare to an 11-6 tuned specifically for the rider. Ideally I'll buy the bike with the x2 and swap out an 11-6 for the race season with a firmer "flow" and plusher "legit DH" setting. Also planning on throwing in the new push coil fork insert. I'm guessing if a large is really 27.5lb without pedals it should be right around 30lb with the Push hardware and pedals 🤘🏻
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    I belive One of the reviews weighted the bike with DHX2 at 27.something pounds.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    yep! 27.5lb I read. That's why I'm so psyched. With cushcore in the rear and an X2 with alloy wheels my '17 Enduro pro carbon weighed almost 34lb. The push coil fork insert is 200g heavier and I figure the 11-6 is probably slightly heavier then the DHX2. I am a little nervous to see how those wheels will hold up to bike park/Enduro racing use though. I think they're about 1500g.

I've read the bike is boost spaced but also another review that it was 142? Do you know for sure? Non-boost would probably be a deal breaker...
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I seriously doubt that it's not boost. Jenson says that Orbea says it fits up to 2.6 tires, and with short chainstays, I doubt you could do that without boost.

A simple suspension design, like a DW split Pivot or Trek ABP and this version, saves a lot of weight from more complex designs like VPP or DW link. The question remains, how well does this version work. Initial industry reviews are good, but when a company wines and dines you and throws in helis, it's hard not to be positive. Orbea makes excellent XC bikes, so I don't doubt they could make an Enduro bike that can pedal well.

Since I can't look at one in person, it compares favorably to the Evil Wreckoning on geometry, albeit with a little less travel, it's certainly lighter. I think the Wreckoning is the standard bearer on the DH for 29ers these days. Personally, I'd sacrifice a little on the DH to have a more friendly daily driver on my further backyard trails. For background, the Wreckoning was near the top of my list for CO front range trails, but for smoother high country trails, I was eyeballing the Hightower LT, based on rumors, until the Rallon came out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Is the shock really at an angle?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    It is boost.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The previous version of the Rallon was already a highly regarded Enduro bike and it was also featured as one of the best Enduro bikes in Dirt 100. So I do not have any doubts that Orbea can pull it off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I think itll be a great bike. It was between this and the hd4. Chose the hd4 because i feel it'll add more agility to my ride by going with a smaller wheel to help offset some of the extra length in wheelbase. Love the dhx2 option and the geo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    Is the shock really at an angle?

As far as we understand it and based on some of the close ups, the shock is offset to the right but linear / parralel to the frame.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Ok. Cool. If its parallel to the frame, makes more sense. Dont think they will have frame only anytime soon. As far as i can tell, the 44mm offset 29er forks arent available yet.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I just ordered one.

I will probably be one of the few people in the world that use 27.5 for XC and 29 for Enduro.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    No same here - Rallon for Enduro and 5010 for Trail & XC & all around fun

mtbr member
    Orbea Enduralin - What is it?-img_0146.jpgWhat are you guys getting quoted for order time frames? Comparing geometry it looks really similar to the '17 Enduro that I sold with some slight changes that should make a positive effect, namely- lower seat tube length = longer dropper (175mm or 200), an inch lower standover, 1/2" longer WB, And TT, a 1/2-1 degree slacker HTA, and slightly lower BB.

I find out if I need shoulder surgery by the 3rd week of august. Hoping to put an order in for desert season riding if I hear good news. Sounds like a hell of a race bike.

I'm really looking forward to someone here weighing this thing, if it's really 27.5 with a dhx2 that means it's under 27 with an X2. Kind of unheard of for a 6" bike... who ordered the top spec build? I wanna see some real world pictures of this thing on a scale ready to ride. If it pedals even as good as my Enduro (that weighted 33lb w/X2) it'll be my dream bike.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Also, has anyone heard of frame only options yet?
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Ive asked about frame options and they said not now. Unless you have really long legs 175mm dropper maybe but 200mm is pretty long

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	1149202What are you guys getting quoted for order time frames?
    I ordered mine Mid july, and they're saying end of August/beginning of September.

mtbr member
    Ive asked about frame options and they said not now. Unless you have really long legs 175mm dropper maybe but 200mm is pretty long

The 200 will just depend if you can slam it or not. Based on the enduro the 175 will work perfect with a little over an inch of seat post exposed. Looks like it also comes spec'ed with a 175. I have a 33" inseam fwiw.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    I find out if I need shoulder surgery by the 3rd week of august. Hoping to put an order in for desert season riding if I hear good news. Sounds like a hell of a race bike.

I'm really looking forward to someone here weighing this thing, if it's really 27.5 with a dhx2 that means it's under 27 with an X2. Kind of unheard of for a 6" bike...
    Bummer dude, me too! Trying to hit as much good stuff as possible until surgery before labor day. Downieville Weekend hopefully week before. Then I will be building one of these or potentially the new Transition for Enduro racing next season.

The weight is mind blowing. And that's not even carbon wheels. Sub 28 with coil... I would be going DHX2. The leverage curve on the Vital review is pretty progressive

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Bummer dude, me too! Trying to hit as much good stuff as possible until surgery before labor day. Downieville Weekend hopefully week before. Then I will be building one of these or potentially the new Transition for Enduro racing next season.

The weight is mind blowing. And that's not even carbon wheels. Sub 28 with coil... I would be going DHX2. The leverage curve on the Vital review is pretty progressive

I'll probably order with an X2 for trail riding and either wait for Push to release an 11-6 or wait for Fox to start doing customer specific tunes on a DHX2 but I'll definitely have a coil.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    For sure... That would be a sick set up. Hope push makes one

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Looks like Jensen has then in stock or it will in a week.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Looks like Jensen has then in stock or it will in a week.
    I saw the "usually ships in 1-2 weeks" on Jensen's website, so I emailed them to get an actual time frame. They said they expect them to be here at the end of August, which is when I'm told mine will get here. I guess I shouldn't have sold my bike last month...

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I'll definitely have a coil.
    I was able to check one out here in Utah at a local race. Tomi Misser was visiting from Spain and decided to show up to a midweek evening race. He was super friendly and let me ride around on his purple M-Team for a minute. He had the X2 on this one, but after talking with him, he said that he prefers the coil, but the X2 is still a good fit for the bike.

I had been worried about the reach being longer than any previous bike I had owned, but even with a 50mm stem, it felt shorter than my Tracer (which was actually .4 inches shorter). I assume this is due to the steep seat angle. Also, the purple looks even better in person. Made me a bit disappointed I went with custom paint.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I like the purple but every female ive shown it too says its too feminine

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Frame Option

Orbea now shows a frame + X2 option on their website for $3999. It doesn't look like the Myo paint or shock choice are an option though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninguno View Post
    Orbea now shows a frame + X2 option on their website for $3999. It doesn't look like the Myo paint or shock choice are an option though.
    awesome!
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    4k for a frame and shock is really expensive. The hd4 frame and x2 shock is only 3270

mtbr member
    4k for a frame and shock is really expensive. The hd4 frame and x2 shock is only 3270

And no 44mm offset forks are available as of yet I believe? I'm not planning on paying full price for whatever bike I end up with though... Might push me back to the 2018 Enduros, especially since it sounds like they've made some positive changes. Talking to another shop today about the Enduro. It seems there's only one local shop that deals with Orbea MTB. Most are roadie shops.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    I was able to check one out here in Utah at a local race. Tomi Misser was visiting from Spain and decided to show up to a midweek evening race. He was super friendly and let me ride around on his purple M-Team for a minute. He had the X2 on this one, but after talking with him, he said that he prefers the coil, but the X2 is still a good fit for the bike.

I had been worried about the reach being longer than any previous bike I had owned, but even with a 50mm stem, it felt shorter than my Tracer (which was actually .4 inches shorter). I assume this is due to the steep seat angle. Also, the purple looks even better in person. Made me a bit disappointed I went with custom paint.
    With the steep seat angle it will feel shorter when seated and longer when standing. You will find that the forward seating position will make it climb technical sections better because you won't be fighting the front wheel. In addition you will get more bite from the front tire in tight switchbacks etc. Takes a ride to get used to it and then you will be good.

mtbr member
    I like the purple but every female ive shown it too says its too feminine

Perfect reason to get it

mtbr member
    Where did anyone see it's coming with a 44mm offset 29er fork? According to the pinkbike review it's the standard 51.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/new-or...irst-ride.html
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Where did anyone see it's coming with a 44mm offset 29er fork? According to the pinkbike review it's the standard 51.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/new-or...irst-ride.html
    I have seen both numbers out there and was looking at orbeas site to confirm but they certainly don't make specs too easy to find.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    I have seen both numbers out there and was looking at orbeas site to confirm but they certainly don't make specs too easy to find.

44mm is the standard for 27.5. I'm betting it was a misprint cause no reviews actually talk about it. My guess is it's 51 but it's just a guess.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    No it is 44 but it is only mentioned in some reviews. But it is also on the Orbea HP

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    It was in an article on how orbea has specd with a 44mm offset and performed better. I emailed orbea and said im interested in frame only bur cant find a 29er 44mm option and they said it will take some time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    It was in an article on how orbea has specd with a 44mm offset and performed better. I emailed orbea and said im interested in frame only bur cant find a 29er 44mm option and they said it will take some time.

Fox has the 44mm offset for 2018, at least according to their website. Part Number 910-20-423.

Pretty cool read about fork offsets - Pushing the limits of fork offset: an experiment - BikeRadar USA

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

This may be the new normal... BMC's new speedfox frame costs $4200. Which is even pricier, but includes their integrated dropper

mtbr member

Agree but if I'm getting a DHX2 built for the bike and I don't have to immediately add $500-$1200 to replace a non ideal spec shock, a little more of a pass given.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Fox has the 44mm offset for 2018, at least according to their website. Part Number 910-20-423.

Pretty cool read about fork offsets - Pushing the limits of fork offset: an experiment - BikeRadar USA
    That's the 27.5 part # not 29'er.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    That's the 27.5 part # not 29'er.
    How did I miss that?! Whoops...

mtbr member
    Anyone order just a frameset yet and get a time frame? I'm super undecided on this bike vs. an Sworks Enduro which isn't officially released until next month. The Orbea frameset is 2 pounds lighter then the enduro. This makes me happy and nervous at the same time. My 2017 Enduro took a BEATING without showing it. I understand orbea has a life time warranty but there isn't a whole lot of Orbea dealers in the Denver area that I trust.

In the end a frame off orbea build will end up costing me about the same as an Sworks enduro with a hookup but it'll also be 4-5 pounds lighter. I get much better support with specialized locally, along with them being the best DH shop in the area.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am thinking along the same lines, but against an Evil. Love the Wreckoning, but a high end build is still 31 pounds. I have PR'd some trails in sloppy conditions with a Wreckoning that was too big for me, so maybe it doesn't matter. But the weight difference is part of the decision. My current Mach 6 is 27.5 pounds, so hard to go backwards on weight. Can't wait to start reading real reviews on this bike. Checks just about everything on my list for a new geo 29er and is a sexy bike.

mtbr member
    Here are all of what I consider relevant bikes with geo's

Orbea Enduralin - What is it?-screen-shot-2017-08-05-3.54.17-pm.jpg

mtbr member
    Here are all of what I consider relevant bikes with geo's

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.54.17 PM.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	1150468
    Damn, Rallon and new Enduro really are almost identical
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Yep really close if the new Specialized numbers are accurate.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I think Evil went on the burly end on the Wreckoning. Between their early issues with their 26" carbon offerings and setting the Wreckoning up to work with double crown forks for Luke to race DH on it, it seems that they built it to be a tank.
    As a 200 lb fit Clyde, there is something attractive about getting a bike you don't have to worry about snapping. That said, good carbon design work and a non-complicated suspension design can make a pretty durable frame.

mtbr member
    I think Evil went on the burly end on the Wreckoning. Between their early issues with their 26" carbon offerings and setting the Wreckoning up to work with double crown forks for Luke to race DH on it, it seems that they built it to be a tank.
    As a 200 lb fit Clyde, there is something attractive about getting a bike you don't have to worry about snapping. That said, good carbon design work and a non-complicated suspension design can make a pretty durable frame.
    That's what makes me a little nervous, I treat my long travel 29'er worse then my DH bike. The enduro has worked perfectly in that capacity and I'm 200lb also. If the Rallon frame (haven't seen any pictures only hearsay so far) really is 2lb lighter that makes me a little nervous although it sounds sweet.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Just heard back from Orbea. Framesets aren't available yet but when they are they'll be available with the MyO program, and also the ability to select which shock you want. They confirmed the 44mm offset fork but didn't know anything from Fox's side. I have an email to them as well.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the update. Only thing I would see to fix would be a different bar that has more rise to it. And I would probably swap the wheels out, although they did get the tires right. Would prefer a different dropper as well, but that is an easy sell/swap.

mtbr member
    So they are running the same offset as the new Transition idea. Quite interesting.

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Damn, Rallon and new Enduro really are almost identical
    I found an review in French, that is pretty in depth. They even draw the comparison to the E29. Google translate did the best it could, but it still requires some thought on what they were actually saying.

"The comparison with the latest generation Specialized Enduro 29 immediately comes to mind. Both bikes have some common visual traits, but their character differs. Despite figures even more committed when looking at the table of geometries (-0.5 to 1 į angle for the fork, 5mm reach in addition, ...) the Orbea seems infinitely easier to me than the Specialized which I ' Had found it necessary to have a famous level to succeed in exploiting its potential. I have not rolled all the big enduros 29 of the market but the Rallon seems to me clearly to be one of the biggest easy bicycles that I piloted.

Full article
    Premier essai | L’Orbea Rallon R5 Carbone au coeur des Pyrénées - Vojo Magazine

mtbr member
    Kyle Mears (Orbea athlete in Moab) just got his today. Looks like he got the model with the X2, said it's pretty awesome. 28lb with what looks like alloy I9 wheels.

Still super torn on what to decide... I can basically get an Enduro at shop cost, or pay full price for the Rallon. Not sure 4-5 pounds is worth the extra $2,000+ that the Orbea would cost me. Including most likely having to wait a lot longer for it as I'd buy a frameset.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    2k is a lot of money that you can save

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just ordered an XL last week- anyone have any rec's for finding the most accurate spring rate for the DHX2/SLS coil? I will almost certainly be oversprung with the spring that comes on the XL, I'm only 178lbs in gear. I can't seem to get a great answer from Orbea N. America, I'm sure I'd have better luck with the guys in Spain but don't know how to reach them. The spring rate calculator on Fox's site tells me 325lbs for 30% sag. However, when I looked at some pictures online, I saw a 400lb/2.75 on what looked like a large frame. I was told the XL comes with a 500lb spring.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    4-5 pounds is worth $2K, not having to ride Specialized....priceless

mtbr member
    4-5 pounds is worth $2K, not having to ride Specialized....priceless
    Agree but not clear to me yet dealing with Orbea would be better. Are they really "biker friendly" - ie make sourcing pivot parts, replacing bearings, sourcing hardware, finding mechanical literature etc easy to do?

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsscience View Post
    I just ordered an XL last week- anyone have any rec's for finding the most accurate spring rate for the DHX2/SLS coil? I will almost certainly be oversprung with the spring that comes on the XL, I'm only 178lbs in gear. I can't seem to get a great answer from Orbea N. America, I'm sure I'd have better luck with the guys in Spain but don't know how to reach them. The spring rate calculator on Fox's site tells me 325lbs for 30% sag. However, when I looked at some pictures online, I saw a 400lb/2.75 on what looked like a large frame. I was told the XL comes with a 500lb spring.
    Are they not giving you an option to use the correct spring for your weight at build? Never ordered a coil bike before, is that standard?

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Agree but not clear to me yet dealing with Orbea would be better. Are they really "biker friendly" - ie make sourcing pivot parts, replacing bearings, sourcing hardware, finding mechanical literature etc easy to do?

I read somewhere they sell a bearing kit for the bike at their cost. I'm not sure about literature but I would expect a chart of all the hardware and torque specs. They seem to be responsive but I'm still waiting for an answer from them on my above spring rate question.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Are they not giving you an option to use the correct spring for your weight at build? Never ordered a coil bike before, is that standard?

I think they will get me on something closer to what I need but the person I've been working with doesn't know much about the stroke length or spring rates. He is trying to get some answers from the guys in Spain. I think it's usually up to the shop whether they swap springs for you or not. I doubt it's customary for the manufacturer to switch it. But in this case they are upgrading the suspension on a complete so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get me on a lower spring rate.

mtbr member
    Makes sense. It seems like people generally go with the Fox rec on the spring weights for other bikes, Curious to see what they tell you and also your response rate

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Sounds like custom colored bikes aren't going to ship until December... some of the stock colors might be available in september. Anyone here gotten theirs yet or had an update?
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Sounds like custom colored bikes aren't going to ship until December... some of the stock colors might be available in september. Anyone here gotten theirs yet or had an update?
    I just got word yesterday that my custom color bike has been pushed back to late September. Bummer as I sold my bike last month. Orbea is telling my shop that they are waiting on Fox to ship out the suspension.

mtbr member
    I just got word yesterday that my custom color bike has been pushed back to late September. Bummer as I sold my bike last month. Orbea is telling my shop that they are waiting on Fox to ship out the suspension.
    interesting, I asked about a stock colored M10 with an upgrade to a DHX2 and a 36 factory and was told first week of September if I ordered today.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    interesting, I asked about a stock colored M10 with an upgrade to a DHX2 and a 36 factory and was told first week of September if I ordered today.
    Yeah, I'm guessing that my LBS is erring on the side of caution. The whole, Under-promise - Over-deliver thing. They actually said, mid to late September. We'll see... Mine is the M10 with Factory 36 and the X2. I had them check to see if changing the suspension around would speed anything up and they said it wouldn't change the timeframe at all.

I really hope the ship in December thing isn't the case for my order. I've had mine on order for over a month.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'm guessing that my LBS is erring on the side of caution. The whole, Under-promise - Over-deliver thing. They actually said, mid to late September. We'll see... Mine is the M10 with Factory 36 and the X2. I had them check to see if changing the suspension around would speed anything up and they said it wouldn't change the timeframe at all.

I really hope the ship in December thing isn't the case for my order. I've had mine on order for over a month.
    Funny that's the same build I just questioned them about, I wanted to do white/grey with blue accents but I'm not waiting until Christmas for the color. Apparently the mint/blue ones are december, orange and purple are september. I've been out with a broken shoulder since the beginning of July and it looks like I'll be able to start riding again next month. Purple it is I'm torn now between the X2 and the DHX2. I might go X2 and swap to an 11-6 if Push makes one. It sounds like the X2 is valved specifically for the rallon, I asked if that would be available on it's own and they said no although I bet a dealer could get one.

I think if you ordered a month ago September is accurate
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got mine yesterday. It is the M10 standard build. I would have (and should have while looking at it) ordered the Factory Fork but the wait would have been about a month longer. I see an Avalanche cartridge in my future.

The bike in XL weights 14,4 kg out of the box without pedals. I will change over most of my parts from my Hightower and see where I land. 13,5 kg with pedals is the goal.

Orbea Enduralin - What is it?-img_0765.jpgOrbea Enduralin - What is it?-p8180045.jpgOrbea Enduralin - What is it?-p8180047.jpgOrbea Enduralin - What is it?-p8180048.jpg

Bike looks good and really massive. Especially compared to my Hightower.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Damn, that's heavy w/o pedals! I'm doing the same with my Hightower. Hopefully the heavy weight is coming from the components and not the frame. I upgraded to the coil and factory fork, as long as I'm at 30lbs +/- I'm good. When you say it's massive compared to the HT, are you referring to fit or the girth of the frame? I'm assuming your HT was an XL? Bike looks sweet man, congrats.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Beautiful bike and really interested in learning how this compares to your Hightower. I am confused by the weight as well. Hard to believe that components alone can take over 4 pounds off the bike AND add a coil shock on the higher end builds.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    Hard to believe that components alone can take over 4 pounds off the bike AND add a coil shock on the higher end builds.
    I'm waiting for my M10 to ship and I've added up the weight savings if you were to swap the bars, stem, wheels, and cranks to similar components as what the M-Team comes with and I'm seeing 1.5 pounds. Most reviews said that the M-Team weighs in around 27.5 in a large.

How much can the jump to XL really add to the weight? Also, curious if the Factory 36 saves any weight over the Performance, any one know? I doubt the frame and fork will account for the extra 2.5 pounds.

Not to worried about weight on this bike though. I rode an overbuilt Occam that came in around 28lbs and didn't feel like that was a penalty over the lighter bike I came off of.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Looks nice!
    My Following was 28.5 lbs and my mojo3 came very close to 25lbs. The difference wasnt earth shattering. A heavier bike is better for descents anyways and 3lbs relative to your body weight isnt huge but being an in the closet weight weenie, im ok with a 30lb enduro bike now that ive tried both weights on the trail. I use to go with weight as priority but some things like pedals, saddles, droppers, brakes are important enough that weight shouldnt be a priority.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Not trying to be a weight weenie, just trying to understand a 4 pound difference with the higher end build. But at the end of the day, if I can get a 27 pound Rallon compared to a 31 pound Wreckoning, it could seal the deal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Looks nice!
    I use to go with weight as priority but some things like pedals, saddles, droppers, brakes are important enough that weight shouldnt be a priority.
    Exactly! Tires have a way bigger impact on how well the bike pedals. I plan on having two wheelsets for this bike. I'll pick up a lighter set of Stans or DT and mount up some faster rolling rubber for days at the local trailhead (smooth/fast trails) and then leave the Minion and Aggressor on the stock M1700's for days I venture out to the chunder (hopefully more often than not).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It took a bit of time but I got the Rallon rebuilt with the parts from my Hightower now. It sits at 13,6 kg with pedals. My Hightower CC with Monarch RT3 was at 13,4. So with the heavier shock and heavier cassette the frame weight itself is about equal. Not that bad!

The photo shows the weight without pedals.

Orbea Enduralin - What is it?-p1050800.jpgOrbea Enduralin - What is it?-p1050801.jpgOrbea Enduralin - What is it?-p1050805.jpg

After building it up I went for a (way to) short ride but I already came to appreciate the steep seat angle. This bike climbs way better than the Hightower!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by firevsh2o View Post
    It took a bit of time but I got the Rallon rebuilt with the parts from my Hightower now. It sits at 13,6 kg with pedals. My Hightower CC with Monarch RT3 was at 13,4. So with the heavier shock and heavier cassette the frame weight itself is about equal. Not that bad!

Name:	P1050800.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	1153078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050801.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	1153079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050805.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	1153080

After building it up I went for a (way to) short ride but I already came to appreciate the steep seat angle. This bike climbs way better than the Hightower!

That is a sweet looking bike! 30lb still seems too much though when comparing models and the supposed 27.5lb with a coil. No way, if anything that X2 is a half a pound lighter. When I emailed Orbea a few weeks ago they said the carbon layup is identical between all models. Not really a weight weenie but it sounded like the top build with an X2 should be under 27... for a 6" bike.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    That is a sweet looking bike! 30lb still seems too much though when comparing models and the supposed 27.5lb with a coil. No way, if anything that X2 is a half a pound lighter. When I emailed Orbea a few weeks ago they said the carbon layup is identical between all models. Not really a weight weenie but it sounded like the top build with an X2 should be under 27... for a 6" bike.
    If it was under 27 lbs with a coil I would not trust it. No way to build a frame strong enough and keep it around 5 lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Do you mind listing all the swapped parts and weight savings for each?
    What are those wheels btw? Are the 25mm internal width or the new 30mm internal?

Sweet looking build btw and for an XL the weight is quite good. I bet the 27.5lbs number was for S or M frame bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don' now the exact weights, but here is the parts list:

Fork: Fox 36 Performance Grip (2030g with axle, starnut and cut steerer)
    Damper: DPX2

Brakes: Saint (about 80g heavier than XT)

Seatpost: Bike Yoke Revive 160mm
    Seat: WTB Volt Titanium

Stem: Syntace 50mm
    Bar: Answer Carbon 810mm
    Grips: ODI Rogue

Wheels (for trail riding): DT Swiss XM 1501 30mm inner with
    Tires: Nobbi Nic front 2,6", rear 2,35" tubeless

Drivetrain: GX Eagle (Standard configuration)
    Pedals: Nukeproof Electron

It could easily be lightened with carbon cranks and a lighter Cassette. This what I will do next year, but for now it is ok.

Next weekend I will drive to Petzen/Austria where in 2018 a EWS race is held. I'm eager to test it there.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Does anyone know more about the carbon wheels which are an option? They don't seem to be up on the DT Swiss website yet, presuming they are a 30mm internal version of the XMC 1200. Just curious on weight and how sturdy they will be as the 24mm version isn't described as an enduro wheelset.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    To be honest, seeing real world weights near 30lbs for an XL makes me feel more comfortable with the frame. With similar build Hightower LTs weighing at 30lbs with a listed 5.9lb frame weight, I'd be nervous on a too light bike. The stock DT 1900 wheels on the M10 are boat anchors, switching to the 1501s has to have saved a chunk of that weight. Throw on some XC wheels and tires you'd probably get that down to 26-27lbs if you wanted to race a marathon xc race bike for the heck of it.
    But for me, I'd be happy right around 30lbs for this type of bike, even around 32 with cushcore inserts to really have an Enduro race bike that you don't worry about.

mtbr member
    If it was under 27 lbs with a coil I would not trust it. No way to build a frame strong enough and keep it around 5 lbs.
    under 27 would be with a float X2 not a coil, since they're claiming 27.5 with a DHX2.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sekiller View Post
    I bet the 27.5lbs number was for S or M frame bike
    Nope, it was a large.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    But for me, I'd be happy right around 30lbs for this type of bike, even around 32 with cushcore inserts to really have an Enduro race bike that you don't worry about.
    I agree that's why I was psyched on the initial weight ratings. If they were accurate you could run DH casings and/or cushcore and still hover right around 30 with a solid alloy rim and the coil shock. If they put a lifetime warranty on the frame it has to be burly.

My '17 Enduro with a DD casing rear with cushcore, and an EXO front with a Fox X2 and a tube/C02 in the swat was over 34lbs and while it didn't necessarily bother me I could tell.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    That is a sweet looking bike! 30lb still seems too much though when comparing models and the supposed 27.5lb with a coil.
    He is at 13.24 kg which equals 29.19 lbs. That is an XL which has to be an extra 1.5 lbs right?

Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Next weekend I will drive to Petzen/Austria where in 2018 a EWS race is held. I'm eager to test it there.
    try to make it a 2day trip, spending the night at Bike Hotel
    because to ride their trails is a MUST! some of the most beautifull and fun natural trails ever.
    ...oh, and those trails will be part of EWS too, otherwise petzen alone would be much too dull for ews

br, M

mtbr member
    Really interested to hear some ride reviews. So far I've heard less then favorable ones from people who have actually ridden it.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    May 2011
    All the online reviews I've read were great, not to say they aren't biased. What exactly did you hear and where from?

mtbr member
    Anybody take delivery of a Team build yet?
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    What is the maximal tyre wide on the back.
    Does a 2.5 DHF has enough room in the rear end?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Could you please write a short report what you think of the bike now? Especially compared to the Hightower. Surprised it climbs better as Hightower is considered a good climber?

Demon Cleaner

Orbea Enduralin - What is it?

New review published in a Spanish MTB mag. Link should be to the English version. They discuss cornering, climbing, and suspension in an interesting way.

https://www.mtb-mag.com/en/tested-orbea-rallon-m-team/

Bicycling is politics by other means.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The M-Team in a medium weighed in at 30 pounds. WTF? Are there 2.5 pound pedals on it? Doesn't say if that weight was with or without pedals. Great review though. Seems to be a big discrepancy on the weight of this bike.

Demon Cleaner

Orbea Enduralin - What is it?

Itís pretty clear Vital MTB misstated the weight on their review. I donít mind a 30 lb bike if itís efficient and worth shlepping.

Edited to remove incorrect info. Thanks Barbs!

Last edited by Structure; 10-24-2017 at 01:25 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Where have Orbea stated the weights on their website? They specifically state that they donít do this for a reason.

Demon Cleaner
    You are right Barbs. I'm wrong. A 27.5 lb figure appears earlier in this thread, and I know I had it stuck in my head despite several "real world" weights showing a higher figure. I see 27.5 lbs posted in at least one review (see above), but I don't find it on the Orbea website. Good to know.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The press showed up to the bike release event and all posted the same weights for the bike. Large M-LTD with coil at 27.5 pounds. I don't get it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    On the scale: Singletrack Magazine | First Ride- 2018 Orbea Rallon

"The bike is available in three different options to accommodate different budgets. Top of the range option is the Rallon M-LIMITED and weighs in at a very respectable 12.5kg (27.5lbs) without pedals but amazingly includes Fox DHX2 coil shock"

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    The press showed up to the bike release event and all posted the same weights for the bike. Large M-LTD with coil at 27.5 pounds. I don't get it.
    Iíve been riding an M-LTD (except it has a float X2 and the 1501 wheelset) for the past week and it weighs 31.5 with XT pedals. That claimed weight seems off. Maybe without tire sealant or pedals but that still doesnít account for 4 lbs.

The bike climbs exactly like I imagined it would - good, not great. Itís incredible on the DH except I havenít been able to dial in the fork just right. Iíve been really impressed with the handling of this bike. It struggles with the really tight switchbacks but feels extremely stable and maneuverable in every other situation.

The one negative is that Iíve had my order in since July and they are telling me December now... I was initially told September and theyíve pushed it back three times haha!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the info. These weights are disappointing. Orbea may not publish these weights, but they invite all the press, have a stage and a scale, and let the press take pictures of the weights and publish them. Who supplied the scale? Orbea is at least enabling this false info.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO View Post

And a dumb name.
    That is Orbea's take word on adrenaline...

We've been looking at the Santa Cruz HTLT & Bronson, Yeti SB 5.5 & SB 6, and the Orbea Rallon. We have a LBS that sells all three brands but don't have any Yeti or Orbea's in stock yet to ride them. So any suggestion on how they compare would be awesome!!

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I have a 2016 Orbea Occam TRM30 and love it. Waiting in new wheels to arrive as the DT Swiss X1800 caused too many pinch flats and I bent the front on a bad jump.
    I am traveling to NC Pisgah Next Year Easter Holiday for an annual bike trip.
    I would love to ride the new Rallon while there.
    Is there anyway to get a rental of such an exotic bike?