New Oiz - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Oiz

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

New OIZ TR

I am trying to figure out the suspension on mine and am struggling like many of you. Thanks for posting and sharing what is and isn't working. Love the bike and it feels like it could be the one. I'm 6' and 220# coming from a rigid ss setup, where all I had to worry about was tire pressure
    New Oiz-20190501_191436.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Very interested in the TR but don't like that aspect. Can you compare to others eg. Santa Cruz?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut316 View Post
    Very interested in the TR but don't like that aspect. Can you compare to others eg. Santa Cruz?
    Yeah. I had the Blur. It was downright boring. This bike is much faster and handles way better.

My 34 stepcast won't be in for 3 more weeks but I should have the McLeod on by then.

I think its just getting the shock dialed on this bike. Other than that, I can't find any faults with it.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The soft suspension could be a deal breaker for me. This would bother me.

mtbr member
    Sounds like you need an Epic Evo
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
    Yeah. I had the Blur. It was downright boring. This bike is much faster and handles way better.

My 34 stepcast won't be in for 3 more weeks but I should have the McLeod on by then.

I think its just getting the shock dialed on this bike. Other than that, I can't find any faults with it.
    Do you plan on using the remote with the McLeod? If you are, have you investigated whether it can still use the Inside Line routing?

I guess the other option would be to send the Fox shock off and get a custom tune.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I'm only struggling because I don't know much about suspension setup. I'm coming from steel frame, carbon fork, bar and seatpost rigid single speed so I just don't know anything about setup and know that I like stiff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlechnow View Post
    Do you plan on using the remote with the McLeod? If you are, have you investigated whether it can still use the Inside Line routing?

I guess the other option would be to send the Fox shock off and get a custom tune.
    I won't use the remote right now. There are 4 pedaling settings on the McLeod. I'll try them out for awhile.

Looking at the frame there seems to be enough room to route the cable down though to use the remote.

I can always drill a small hole if needed on the underside of the top tube. Honestly I probably won't get to that level of trouble. I'll just sell the frame and ride the Orange.
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DPeper View Post
    I'm only struggling because I don't know much about suspension setup. I'm coming from steel frame, carbon fork, bar and seatpost rigid single speed so I just don't know anything about setup and know that I like stiff.
    I just told you. Buy an Epic
    by Silentfoe

Sneaker man
    I just told you. Buy an Epic
    Na you told the other guy to get an epic.
    All the gear and no idea.

Sneaker man
    Quote Originally Posted by DPeper View Post
    It can be a struggle if you're coming from not having suspension. Can't say anything about the Oiz, but I came from years on HT's (after a Specialized Epic) to a Scott Spark. Took me an age to get used to it, dial it in to how I liked it. Started out with about a bazillion psi. Even now, starting off on a ride even if riding from car park to the trail with the lockout on, switching to unlocked I feel it sink into the travel and it bobs and stuff, I think what the heck am I doing on FS, or is this setup junk or what...few minutes later when I'm on the trail I forget there was ever anything but bump soaking comfort.

tl/dr it can take time especially for a drastic change (SS -> FS).
    All the gear and no idea.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Depends on what type of riding and which model you are looking to purchase.

My previous bike was a Cannondale Scalpel with a Push Industries tuned Fox CTD. I pretty much left it in the trail mode for 90 percent of my riding. The only time I set it to open mode was for nasty / long downhills.

I purchased the Oiz-TR and love everything about it other than the rear shock. Recommended pressure for my 170 lb frame is right around 188 psi. with 5 clicks out from fully open on the rebound. I'm not sure who is coming up with these rebound settings btw. Five clicks out from open is like riding a pogo stick. I ended up at 3-4 clicks out from fully closed.

Maybe it's the mushy spring time ground...but no matter what settings or pressure I use the shock feels like it needs a lot more compression damping.

I spoke with a Fox tech the other day and was told I could send it in and have the the valving set up just like the trail mode on a 3 position Fox DPS for $85.00.

If you are someone that doesn't plan on racing and are only interested in long days in the saddle....the TR valving might be fine for you

My two cents.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by biffhamilton View Post
    Depends on what type of riding and which model you are looking to purchase.

My previous bike was a Cannondale Scalpel with a Push Industries tuned Fox CTD. I pretty much left it in the trail mode for 90 percent of my riding. The only time I set it to open mode was for nasty / long downhills.

I purchased the Oiz-TR and love everything about it other than the rear shock. Recommended pressure for my 170 lb frame is right around 188 psi. with 5 clicks out from fully open on the rebound. I'm not sure who is coming up with these rebound settings btw. Five clicks out from open is like riding a pogo stick. I ended up at 3-4 clicks out from fully closed.

Maybe it's the mushy spring time ground...but no matter what settings or pressure I use the shock feels like it needs a lot more compression damping.

I spoke with a Fox tech the other day and was told I could send it in and have the the valving set up just like the trail mode on a 3 position Fox DPS for $85.00.

If you are someone that doesn't plan on racing and are only interested in long days in the saddle....the TR valving might be fine for you

My two cents.....
    Not racing but I do enjoy efficiency. This seems like an issue that a few complain about.

mtbr member
    McLeod installed. Took me all of 15 minutes.

First ride tomorrow.

New Oiz-20190504_142006.jpg
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Are you able to use the loc out remote?

mtbr member
    Are you able to use the loc out remote?
    If I buy the kit and install it. Sure.

But with 4 pedal settings why would you need one?
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    xc racing

mtbr member
    xc racing
    Do you have this bike or are you just an internet warrior?

Do you even race?
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Cat 1

Almost every weekend...

Dude...wtf....I've been posting back and forth with you in this thread for a couple weeks.

I've had the TR version for about a month

mtbr member
    Yeah, I don't keep track of every poster.

But why would you buy the TR version to race?

My XC version pedals just fine. I was looking for something that provides a more supple feel on roots and rocks.

Maybe you just need the XC shock.
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I wanted the step cast 34 and a dropper...and the XC wasn't going to be available to me for another month.

The problem I'm having is the compression tune is too soft causing it to move too much when standing up no matter how much psi I put in it.

I'm either going to send it to Fox and have them revalve it to the XC tune. Or I'm going to send it out to avalanche and have a custom tune done.
    Last edited by biffhamilton; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:39 AM.

mtbr member
    If you race so much you should probably also have the shock's stroke shortened to 40 mm as is on the XC version. You'll have 100 mm of travel and bit steeper geometry.

It would be actually perfect if Orbea offered setup with 120 mm 34 SC fork and 40 mm stroke XC tuned shock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The eye to eye length is the same on both the 100 and 120

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Agreed on the 2nd part.

My dealer tried....Orbea wouldn't do it

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've made up my mind. I'm sending my rear shock out to Aalanche this week for a custom tune. I just found out that the owner of Avalanche was the previous owner of C-Cycle Suspension. Craig used to do my suspension on my Honda CR125 when I racing motocross back in the day. He knows his stuff....

Formerly of Kent
    What is the cheapest option to get a frame with 34 SC fork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Oiz M10-TR

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    What is the cheapest option to get a frame with 34 SC fork?

$ 5,399

Formerly of Kent
    $ 5,399
    Blah.

The frame only option is over priced and the complete bikes have a lot of stuff Iíd have to sell off.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Blah.

The frame only option is over priced and the complete bikes have a lot of stuff Iíd have to sell off.

Agreed....

Find a local dealer that can get you a deal. Lucky for me my dealer is one of my good friends....and he replaced all the stuff that I didn't want and sold it in his shop.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Blah.

For our team bikes this year I ordered complete M-10s and did a complete part swap (Race Face and Shimano). Or at least I will once our XTR arrives.

Some of the parts are really easy to sell, others (Narrow Mavic wheels and FSA bars and stems) are just about impossible.

FYI, if you haven't gotten a bike by the fall I will have four team bikes for sale. Canadian dollar isn't worth a lot right now. Just saying.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    For our team bikes this year I ordered complete M-10s and did a complete part swap (Race Face and Shimano). Or at least I will once our XTR arrives.

Some of the parts are really easy to sell, others (Narrow Mavic wheels and FSA bars and stems) are just about impossible.

FYI, if you haven't gotten a bike by the fall I will have four team bikes for sale. Canadian dollar isn't worth a lot right now. Just saying.
    Put me down for a medium!

I kept trying to convince myself to buy one new. But the frame only price in Canada is silly expensive. The built bikes have a heap of parts that are substandard.

Apparently Canyon is coming to Canada in 2019, as told to me directly from them. So a Lux would be second choice.

mtbr member
    McLeod update.

I rode Sunday morning at the place that is all rocks and roots. The rear end settled down substantially. So much so, that now my front felt extremely harsh.

Pedaling on setting #2 from full open was fine. Probably better than the full open setting on the Fox.

Today I rode another trail that is a bit milder on setting #3. I took a number of trophies and a KOM.

New Oiz-screenshot_20190506-123826_strava-1-.jpg

My 34 SC is in the mail somewhere so I should have my bike back up and running by next week sometime. For now, I'm swapping over to a BB Infinite bottom bracket and need to bleed my brakes to firm them up.

Will post some more reviews hopefully next week
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    nice!

BBI and mcleod some of the best & most unsung equipment out there!

mtbr member
    I've made up my mind. I'm sending my rear shock out to Aalanche this week for a custom tune. I just found out that the owner of Avalanche was the previous owner of C-Cycle Suspension. Craig used to do my suspension on my Honda CR125 when I racing motocross back in the day. He knows his stuff....
    Let me know how this turns out. Iím considering this, as well. Other than the rear shock, the bike handles great.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Iíll take you up on that as I will be looking for a new bike in the fall. I am in Toronto so shipping would be within the country.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mnyquist View Post
    Let me know how this turns out. Iím considering this, as well. Other than the rear shock, the bike handles great.

Ugh....they emailed me back this morning.

They are running about 4 weeks out. You have to place your order online now, and they will notify you when you can send it.

mtbr member
    Ugh....they emailed me back this morning.

They are running about 4 weeks out. You have to place your order online now, and they will notify you when you can send it.
    Ouch. I have a 100 mile race mid June. Might have to wait on the suspension tune.

mtbr member
    So I finally received my Oiz, the TR version. I won't get to ride it for at least a week though, because I have an enduro race this weekend and I don't have any time to install Invisiframe on the Oiz now.

New Oiz-img_20190507_210730.jpg

Bike looks super neat and it's pretty light! 11.7 kg in the M10 TR build with cassette swapped for X01, X01 chain, Formula Cura brakes, XT pedals and tubes. 11.35 kg without the pedals.

One question for you guys though. How many clicks do you have on the compression adjuster on the fork? Fox says there are 22, but mine has only 19. Should I be worried? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee81 View Post
    So I finally received my Oiz, the TR version. I won't get to ride it for at least a week though, because I have an enduro race this weekend and I don't have any time to install Invisiframe on the Oiz now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190507_210730.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	1250451

Bike looks super neat and it's pretty light! 11.7 kg in the M10 TR build with cassette swapped for X01, X01 chain, Formula Cura brakes, XT pedals and tubes. 11.35 kg without the pedals.

One question for you guys though. How many clicks do you have on the compression adjuster on the fork? Fox says there are 22, but mine has only 19. Should I be worried? Thanks!
    I haven't even counted my number of LSC clicks to be honest....but I wouldn't worry about it.

I weight 170 lbs.

PSI: 80
    Rebound: 8 clicks out from closed
    LSC: 5 clicks out from open (soft)

I'm also running no volume reducers. I might bottom out once per ride

mtbr member
    Oh and one more question for those of you who have the X1 carbon cranks. Did you put on some crank boots to protect the cranks from rock strikes? If so which ones? Sram doesn't list these as compatible with Sram crank boots, but lists Descendant cranks, which seem to have similar shape, so I am not sure if they'd fit.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Oh and one more question for those of you who have the X1 carbon cranks. Did you put on some crank boots to protect the cranks from rock strikes? If so which ones? Sram doesn't list these as compatible with Sram crank boots, but lists Descendant cranks, which seem to have similar shape, so I am not sure if they'd fit.
    Thanks!
    I use this one...https://www.amazon.com/SRAM-Xx1-Eagl...r=1-2-fkmrnull

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I think I have the same ones

I am Walt
    Wow...I was set on a Blur TR, then I saw this. Checks alot of boxes...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I was planning on sending out my rear shock to Avalanche, but didn't feel like waiting the 4-5 weeks they quoted me. I'm going to give the cheaper / quicker option a go and see what happens. I'm racing on Saturday...and then shipping it off to Fox first thing Monday.

The TR stock tune is as follows:

Rebound Reverse, Orbea, Oiz, 190, 45, No Spacer, LCL,(Linear Compression Light) LRM,(Linear Rebound Medium) CMF(Climb Mode Firm)

My new tune will be:

Rebound Reverse, Orbea, Oiz, 190, 45, No Spacer, DCM,(Digressive Compression Medium) DRM,(Digressive Rebound Medium) CMF(Climb Mode Firm)

mtbr member
    I was planning on sending out my rear shock to Avalanche, but didn't feel like waiting the 4-5 weeks they quoted me. I'm going to give the cheaper / quicker option a go and see what happens. I'm racing on Saturday...and then shipping it off to Fox first thing Monday.

The TR stock tune is as follows:

Rebound Reverse, Orbea, Oiz, 190, 45, No Spacer, LCL,(Linear Compression Light) LRM,(Linear Rebound Medium) CMF(Climb Mode Firm)

My new tune will be:

Rebound Reverse, Orbea, Oiz, 190, 45, No Spacer, DCM,(Digressive Compression Medium) DRM,(Digressive Rebound Medium) CMF(Climb Mode Firm)
    Thats the same tune as on the XC version.

I wouldn't waste your money.
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thats the same tune as on the XC version.

I wouldn't waste your money.
    #1 - No it isn't.....It's a medium tune in lieu of a Light tune on the Compression. It will have more compression than the XC and a digressive tune vs a linear tune on both compression & damping. (TR version)

#2 - The TR has Linear on both compression and rebound. That is my main problem with MY shock. You haven't even ridden the TR...

If this doesn't work out won't be able to ride my Oiz for a few of days. That's OK...I have a Cannondale Scalpel as a back up and I'll be out only $85.00....

#3 - You talk a lot of shit.....why don't you come out to Vermont and put some digits on your bike and see how you do against this "internet warrior". You have a KOM out of 35 riders(big woop)...and everyone should listen you you? Why?

I'm here to help people that have the same problem with the "TR" version of the bike...

mtbr member
    #1 - No it isn't.....It's a medium tune in lieu of a Light tune on the Compression. It will have more compression than the XC and a digressive tune vs a linear tune on both compression & damping. (TR version)

#2 - The TR has Linear on both compression and rebound. That is my main problem with MY shock. You haven't even ridden the TR...

If this doesn't work out won't be able to ride my Oiz for a few of days. That's OK...I have a Cannondale Scalpel as a back up and I'll be out only $85.00....

#3 - You talk a lot of shit.....why don't you come out to Vermont and put some digits on your bike and see how you do against this "internet warrior". You have a KOM out of 35 riders(big woop)...and everyone should listen you you? Why?

I'm here to help people that have the same problem with the "TR" version of the bike...
    Butt hurt much?

Where are your KOMs?

Not everyone here has a TR. Go fix you wallowing shock and calm down hero.
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Test rode a medium tr oiz today and felt good on it. Iím only 5í5 and short leg and it felt just right. I wouldíve bought it if not for the 175 cranks and I need 170. Iíve got a reconstructed knee and need the shorter arms. So going to order one from my lbs with the shorter crank, xtr brakes and 32 tooth front ring. Canít wait to get it!
    '16 Scott Genius 700 Premium
    '14 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 27.5"
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Butt hurt much?

Where are your KOMs?

Not everyone here has a TR. Go fix you wallowing shock and calm down hero.
    So you were wrong on the tunes, but the KOM is the important factor- Kinda funny.
    OG Ripley v2
    Ripley v4

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by diwal View Post
    So I bought the SRAM ones and they fit fine.

mtbr member
    My M10-TR is currently at 24.5 lbs. I did swap out the stock wheel set with some Lightbicycle carbon rims / DT240 hubs / xray spokes. Full carbon seat and light weight rotors
    I just put in my order for an M10-TR and looking at wheels myself. Can you give the exact configuration you ended up with on the Lightbicycle wheels? While I wait for the bike to show up, want to order wheels to keep the originals new and shiny.

Thanks,

Mark
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    XC925 rims
    Standard rear
    Fly weight front
    DT 240 hubs
    56 rachet rear
    Sapim bladed spokes

mtbr member
    XC925 rims
    Standard rear
    Fly weight front
    DT 240 hubs
    56 rachet rear
    Sapim bladed spokes
    Thank you, that is what I was thinking and good to know it works well. I assume you're happy with them?
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark16q View Post
    Thank you, that is what I was thinking and good to know it works well. I assume you're happy with them?
    So far so good. I was a little hesitant with the "flyweight" front rim for the first few rides. I live on the east coast where the terrain is pretty gnarly and wasn't sure how a 280 gram rim would handle slamming through continuous rooty rock gardens.

I don't even think about them anymore. I think mine came in at 1385 grams for the wheelset.

I'm also a big believer in the blade spokes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Oiz-60300991_444870439621431_6893848287367921664_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    So far so good. I was a little hesitant with the "flyweight" front rim for the first few rides. I live on the east coast where the terrain is pretty gnarly and wasn't sure how a 280 gram rim would handle slamming through continuous rooty rock gardens.

I don't even think about them anymore. I think mine came in at 1385 grams for the wheelset.

I'm also a big believer in the blade spokes
    Thanks again, made pulling the trigger much easier. Ordered from the global site to save a couple hundred $'s and hope they arrive around the time my Oiz flies in from Spain. Don't know if tariff's could hit them, but wanted to play it safe. Like I need an excuse to buy carbon bits...
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    I went with some superlight rims from EIE. I am using a fairly narrow rim by todayís standards (23.5).

I have the same rim for my Hardtail and my Oiz. Had the wheels for my Oiz built locally with I9 hubs, brass nipples and Sapim CX Ray spokes. Pretty happy with them. Racing Ray and Ralph 2.25 are great for SE Michigan

mtbr member
    I went with some superlight rims from EIE. I am using a fairly narrow rim by todayís standards (23.5).

I have the same rim for my Hardtail and my Oiz. Had the wheels for my Oiz built locally with I9 hubs, brass nipples and Sapim CX Ray spokes. Pretty happy with them. Racing Ray and Ralph 2.25 are great for SE Michigan

The EIE wheel was my 2nd choice but tossed a coin and went LB. What did your wheels end up weighing in at?
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    1400 grams with I9 hubs and brass nipples

1240 grams with DT240 (54T upgrade), aluminum nipples, straight pull CX RAY spokes.

mtbr member
    So I changed a few things today.

Fox 34 Stepcast
    EE Wings crankset
    Eagle AXS

9.51 Kg without chain. So add 250g
    New Oiz-orbea.jpg
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    So I changed a few things today.

Fox 34 Stepcast
    EE Wings crankset
    Eagle AXS

9.51 Kg without chain. So add 250g
    Honest question, did you plan on changing out every part on the bike when you got it? I know the frameset is not priced competitively but at this point that has to have been the cheaper option no?

Edit: I do think itís a sick bike btw, pretty much my dream build.

mtbr member
    No, I did not plan on changing ever part.

All the OEM stuff was sold, and some items came from other bikes.

But yeah, it could have been cheaper, that's for sure.
    by Silentfoe

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    No, I did not plan on changing ever part.

All the OEM stuff was sold, and some items came from other bikes.

But yeah, it could have been cheaper, that's for sure.
    I did nearly the same thing. Bought an M10 and then changed everything but the suspension. Except, I did it to five bikes. That is a lot of parts to find homes for.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    I did nearly the same thing. Bought an M10 and then changed everything but the suspension. Except, I did it to five bikes. That is a lot of parts to find homes for.
    I did the same thing with my TR. I will be getting my shock tuned this summer. Swapped wheels, brakes, Cassette, bars, stem, post, saddle.

mtbr member
    I did the same thing with my TR. I will be getting my shock tuned this summer. Swapped wheels, brakes, Cassette, bars, stem, post, saddle.

Since mine is on the way and you've done a lot of swapping, what are the first parts to look at to remove fat? I have the bike coming with XTR brakes, ordered LB carbon wheels and will be using my existing Revive seatpost. What should go first to add lightness?
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member

New Oiz

Since mine is on the way and you've done a lot of swapping, what are the first parts to look at to remove fat? I have the bike coming with XTR brakes, ordered LB carbon wheels and will be using my existing Revive seatpost. What should go first to add lightness?
    Wheels and tires will have the biggest impact. After that, itís up to your budget. I swapped the X1 cranks for XX1. I think that is over 100grams right there.

My TR is 22lbs 6oz with bottle cages and pedals, but I got rid of the dropper. Itís not needed in SE Michigan.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I'm 186 cm (6'1") and 89 cm inseam (35"). I looked initially for the L in 100 mm. But the Orbea web site calculator says L - XL.

I've decided to go for the TR instead and with a 120 mm fork, stack will be a bit higher but reach a little bit shorter (for the same size). So what do you think - could the XL be a fit for the 120 mm?

Mostly singletrack and backcountry with the occasional stage race / marathon. I mostly do gravel marathons but I use a hardtail for that.

mtbr member
    First ride on my Oiz TR today. It's a blast. Gonna swap tires to rekon + rekon race for the upcoming races and go tubeless, other than that I like it as it is. From stock I swapped brakes for Formula Cura, rotors, cassette for X01, chain for X01 and grips for Ergon GA3. The grips and saddle are amazing btw!

The only thing I am a little bit unsure about now is the suspension. I did a lap with two decent downhills, where you can go full gas on enduro, but have to watch your lines and brake a little on this bike, and I didn't use 2 cm of travel on fork and 1 cm of travel on the shock (if linear, it would be 27 mm of travel, but it isn't linear, so...). Currently the suspension is set according to Fox manual and Orbea manual for my weight. Any suggestions? My weight is 67 kg btw.

New Oiz-img_20190517_154929_new.jpg

New Oiz-img_20190517_155026_new.jpg

mtbr member
    Another example of chasing suspension settings on this bike. Amazing.

I rode today on the McLeod and didn't have to think about anything. Sucks that you have to keep playing with the suspension settings on this bike to get it to perform.

Has anyone ever thought maybe the batch of shocks Orbea purchased for this bike might be bad?
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Well it was my first ride and basically all I said was that I didn't use all the travel. Also I have nothing to compare to (I rode enduro and road for the last 6 years), because the only comparable bike I rode was Kona Hei Hei and it was last August for one afternoon. All I remember from that is that Oiz pedals a lot better and the Reba fork on Kona was rubbish.

mtbr member
    Well it was my first ride and basically all I said was that I didn't use all the travel. Also I have nothing to compare to (I rode enduro and road for the last 6 years), because the only comparable bike I rode was Kona Hei Hei and it was last August for one afternoon. All I remember from that is that Oiz pedals a lot better and the Reba fork on Kona was rubbish.
    I've never had a bike where the "recommended" settings were accurate at all for my weight and riding style. I almost always run less pressure than recommended. 99.9% of the time I'm on fox, but it was the same on Rockshox when I had it. When I went by sag vs. psi much closer to a proper ride.

Keep track of your pressures and slowly start reducing until it feels right. Wish I had mine already to start the process but probably another week or two at least.

Hope you get it dialed in soon and look forward to hearing about your progress on the bike.

Mark
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Apr 2019

Just buy one, go ride and be happy

Just wanted to say I love my Oiz M10-TR. I went to two festivals this spring, test rode 8 bikes. Gotta say I'd be happy with any of them, but the Oiz just seemed to click with me. Have done a couple of events on it so far, and no complaints at all. Well, except for my choice of pedals - crankbros eggbeaters - seemed to have lost my ability to click in after 3 hrs at the Grand Junction Off-Road last weekend. Only change to stock was ergon grips. Love the bike. Get one and get out there on it.
    New Oiz-red-hill-looking-mt-sopris.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    its a sweet bike. definitely the most exotic feeling of the XC rigs available over here. Orbea really did a great job.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FactoryMatt View Post
    its a sweet bike. definitely the most exotic feeling of the XC rigs available over here. Orbea really did a great job.
    Love to hear this! Mine should be delivered by 5/28 and hoping new wheels arrive from China by then as well. Does anyone know if the Raceface dropper post trigger will work with the Revive? I am swapping them and have to do it quickly as trading bike in. Hoping don't have to rerun all the cable.
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tgarson View Post
    Honest question, did you plan on changing out every part on the bike when you got it? I know the frameset is not priced competitively but at this point that has to have been the cheaper option no?

Edit: I do think itís a sick bike btw, pretty much my dream build.
    I can actually speak to this because I put all of the different builds, including the frameset, into a spreadsheet, because I knew I wanted to change basically everything. Turns out that ordering the base model was actually the cheapest route for me, assuming I can get about 50% of the retail for the parts I'm replacing. The frame is quite expensive, especially considering that you need to buy a fork for it too. I think it's definitely true that they priced their frame in a way that they didn't really want to sell it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Love to hear this! Mine should be delivered by 5/28
    Did your LBS give you the 5/28 figure? That's the current date that Orbea is availability on the next batch of some of the sizes/spec's I've been looking at as well. I questioned LBS on whether 5/28-5/31 is the expected arrival date or ship date. They said that is Orbea's advertised ship date, which based on past experience with them is not always that reliable. Assuming it does ship out that date they said they're shipped by air to US but it can take a few days in transport to make it to actual LBS and then they do the build.

Long story short, I would not get my hopes up to have the bike in hand by 5/28 based on what I heard.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeranzin View Post
    I can actually speak to this because I put all of the different builds, including the frameset, into a spreadsheet, because I knew I wanted to change basically everything. Turns out that ordering the base model was actually the cheapest route for me, assuming I can get about 50% of the retail for the parts I'm replacing. The frame is quite expensive, especially considering that you need to buy a fork for it too. I think it's definitely true that they priced their frame in a way that they didn't really want to sell it.
    I made the same spreadsheet and conclusion. I went with the M10 and am swapping everything but the frame, suspension, brakes, derailleur, and shifter.

All my new parts are in hand and I have a June 5th delivery of the bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I bought a M10-TR size Large back in December as mentioned in a previous post. I swapped to XTR race brakes, RaceFace Next-R cranks, Niner RDO Seat post, RDO bars RDO stem, I9 hydra hubs attached to Atomik Carbon rims, SMP Saddle, ESI grips. I believe it weighs right at 25 lbs. I run 65 PSI in the fork, with 1 volume spacer (removed one of the two it ships with). The fork rebound is 2 clicks from full closed while the damper is full open(lightest). I forget the PSI in the shock but it is 4 clicks from full closed. I am 175 lbs and 6' 2".

This is a great bike in so many aspects. My only gripe is that I feel too far forward on steep tech climbs (short climbs). But this might just require me to retrain my self and adjust posture.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123