curve in Orbea Alma seat tube on carbon frame is it normal?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

curve in Orbea Alma seat tube on carbon frame is it normal?

i have purchased a second hand orbea alma 2019 m30 model that i really like but whilst cleaning it after a ride i noticed something unusual. It would appear that the seat tube has a sideways bend in it when viewed from the front or when looking at the back of it (when the wheel is removed). im hoping this is normal but i cant see any sign of this on other pics of these frames so i suspect it may be a production issue. the bike overall seems good and the wheel looks to be were is should be in alignment terms its just im pretty ocd about these things. it may just be that this is on all alma frames but thats maybe just wishful thinking. If any Alma owners of the newer shape frames could check theirs and let me know that would be awesome.

other than that i really love the bike and its my first Orbea. i have owned many brands and models of bikes and also own a commencal meta and a rocky mountain instinct. i really like the styling of the orbea i just hope this is an intentional thing and not a badly molded tube.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails curve in Orbea Alma seat tube on carbon frame is it normal?-20200505_180838_hdr.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2020
    also sorry not sure why the image is shown on the side like this.....or the shameful use of the cardboard to show something like this but it its all i had to hand and although cut with a seration it does have a straight edge. It worked just to highlight the issue i mention and its hard to photograph as from a distance the bike looks fine.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    i fixed it by putting a bottle cage there lol. im a bit ocd with this sort of thing and whenever i looked at the bike it kept bugging me. its a cool looking bike now and rides pretty decently.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Bend looks weird, but nicely fixed!

I'm thinking about springing for an Alma M50 vs M30 vs Niner Air 9. How do you like your ride?
    Last edited by mangoli; 06-13-2020 at 02:16 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    its pretty good cheers. i have upgraded to a better seat and a few other little bits and bobs but i would say very carefully inspect the tubes in case you get something similar to mine. It doesn't affect the ride but if you obsess over things like this its a bit less than ideal. I brought mine second hand as my partner was getting into cycling so she was using my cube reaction and i thought if she uses that i can get another. I think the build quality of the cube is a bit better and its certainly lighter for a similar spec bike so i would perhaps suggest you look at what there doing as well. Its just a shame that the modern cube paint options on there carbon hardtails are a bit bland. That's my favourite thing about my alma m30 is the look of it.