2020 Alloy Oiz- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2020 Alloy Oiz

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

2020 Alloy Oiz

Wow. This was exactly what I have been looking for for a dual sus XC bike. And it's only $3000 for a nicely speced model, vs the crap specs other brands are putting out in that price range. I was thinking of getting a Hei Hei or Spearfish, but specs seem terrible and super heavy compared to the alloy Oiz.

I have never had an Orbea before, any things you would say about them? Do they support their bikes? I've had Kona/Specialized/Jamis before nad never had a bad experience.

Would love any reports from anyone about weights or etc. Hoping to buy myself the H20 next winter for next year's XC season. I assume H20 would come in about 26-28lbs, depending on if its 100 or 120mm version?

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tedmasta View Post
    Wow. This was exactly what I have been looking for for a dual sus XC bike. And it's only $3000 for a nicely speced model, vs the crap specs other brands are putting out in that price range. I was thinking of getting a Hei Hei or Spearfish, but specs seem terrible and super heavy compared to the alloy Oiz.

I have never had an Orbea before, any things you would say about them? Do they support their bikes? I've had Kona/Specialized/Jamis before nad never had a bad experience.

Would love any reports from anyone about weights or etc. Hoping to buy myself the H20 next winter for next year's XC season. I assume H20 would come in about 26-28lbs, depending on if its 100 or 120mm version?
    i have an orbea occam tr 2019 and my next one will be an oiz tr. perfect xc/trail/marathon bike. scott spark style

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I've got two Orbea, a 2014 Ordu (TT bike) and a 2019 Oiz XC. They are both fabulous bikes for their purpose and quite a good value.

I haven't needed to have any service but I have ordered some spares and the all seem to be shipped from Spain and need to go through a local dealer for pickup, even if you order them online.

They don't have touch up paint, even paint codes etc.

I'd still buy both again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks. Touch up paint isn't a issue, but seems like it would be wise to order service parts ahead of time because they take a month or two to arrive? Any idea if they still stock stuff for older models or they have non-standard hangers?

Hoping to score one this winter on discount. So glad they are making a nice alloy bike rather than being exclusively carbon (like ever other brand).

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    The two parts I am going to keep on hand for my Oiz are the mech hanger (when they become available) and seat clamp (I already have one, is a rare-ish size) and maybe some of the suspension bolts etc as the bike gets a little older. Apparently, reading the other threads, the bearings themselves are standard off the shelf parts.

On my 2014 Ordu, I can still get all the small custom bits (stem binder, seat post clamp, shifter cable set, etc) but not the custom seat post. Not a huge deal as long as I keep the bike because I doubt it will wear out of break bug but it is a cut to fit part because the min/max insertion is so limited, so selling the bike might be hard unless I find someone that is the same or shorter seat height.

Once you register the bike, you can put in the frame code here and it will filter it down to the stuff for your bike https://www.orbea.com/us-en/gear/spare-parts/cat

Another thing I like is that each bike gets a "Blue Paper" which is bike specific specs like frame geo, part numbers, torque specs, BB type etc so if you need something later, you can just refer to that. They already have the Oiz Hydro posted here https://www.orbea.com/us-en/support/manuals/