2019 Oiz, how does rear suspension behave?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

2019 Oiz, how does rear suspension behave?

The 2019 Oiz 100 and 120. How does the suspension behave while braking and climbing? No LBS to demo, and it's winter here. Presuming the 120 will be a touch softer and more linear.

What is comparable? The Cannondale Scalpel? Kona Hei Hei? Scott Spark?

mtbr member
    This bike has moved to the top of my list, but based only on specs...

Not much actual feedback from XC riders out there.

LMN, where are you?!

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Choro View Post
    This bike has moved to the top of my list, but based only on specs...

Not much actual feedback from XC riders out there.

LMN, where are you?!
    I hesitate to say a bike rides a particular way. With the ability to change volume spacers in a shock you really have the ability to change the feel of suspension fairly dramatically.

That being said, the stock tune on the 100mm Oiz is fairly progress. Quite supple at the top of the stroke with an aggressive ramp up at the bottom. This makes the suspension quite active on the bike. Of course you can use volume spacer to change this.

I would really like to give a full review on the bike, but I have done a couple of parking lot rides and very short piece of trail.

My wife's bike has about 4000km on it and we have only had to replace the eye bushings on the shock. Which considering that hers is a pre-production bike is pretty good.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    We just got our first one in at my shop, planning on taking it out over the weekend. I'll try to get a ride report sooner than later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLAwrench View Post
    We just got our first one in at my shop, planning on taking it out over the weekend. I'll try to get a ride report sooner than later.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Took out the 120 over the weekend. As LMN pointed out, a lot of it can come down to shock tune, but for the one I rode, the platform was definitely a bit squishier than my ASR on the road. Of course, if I were riding the Oiz on a smooth surface in any situation other than testing it out, I'd be locked. Once I got it onto a chunder-y singletrack climb, the platform felt much more natural, and I didn't notice the same bobbling (either visually or by feel). For comparison, the SC Blur felt much more like a waterbed on the same climb.

For reference, I currently have the shock setup so that it's fairly firm at the top of the stroke, whereas the Oiz was seemingly setup to be more progressive.

I can't speak to the descending characteristics, because the trail I took it on was too icy for me to want to rail and risk starting the race season injured. Mostly felt like my ASR.

Overall, this is the exact bike I've been looking for. Right weight class, right feel, right geo, and 2 bottles. 25 lbs for the TR build, burly tires (for an XC race bike), and not all-around lightest components means that a 22lb 100mm ripper should be fairly easy to achieve.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Bikeranzin,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new TR. (Large) Was curious as to how you're liking the ride?

I have a few questions.....

A) What size stem are you running? I'm 5'11"...and I'm going to go with the carbon stem upgrade and I'm wondering if I should go with the 70 or 90?

B) At the 25 lbs....are running the Mavic carbon rims?

Any other advise would be great

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Hi,

Do anyone knows if we can use the Fox 3 position remote control with the i-line suspension?
    Has anyone tried it?

Thanks.