Poll: Who here actually rides bikes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Bro
    Content from my avatar

Who here actually rides bikes?

Just wondering, see poll above....
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

Sweep the leg!
    I think my post count was just over 1,000 when I broke my leg August 31st. That's roughly one post every 4 days since joining MTBR in March of 2005. Since September 1st, I've averaged nearly 10 posts per day.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Sweep the leg!
    Nobody is voting....
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm retired so I have plenty of time to
    ride and play here.

Best, John

AZ
    banned
    There is no option for virtual biking.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    Nobody is voting....
    There are four votes. I think, since all four of those votes are saying that the voters don't ride bikes, that nobody in Off Camber rides bikes.

meow meow
    not i sir... in college you have some spare time.

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    not i sir... in college you have some spare time in between beers.
    fify

meow meow
    lol. thanks for fixing it.

Titanium junkie
    Yeah,I ride, but not nearly as often as I should.
    Could explain my dour demeanor and pissy attitude.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I don't ride bike. I prefer to just drive places. What's with all this bike talk on a beer forum?

U sayin' Bolt ?
    I don't ride a bike
    It's inside I like
    Holy holy holy snikes !

How the hell do you expect me to ride a bike when I have to post on MTBR every waking hour?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Is not amused
    If I posted as much as I ride this site would have a problem.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

Suckin wind like a boss
    i actually feel guilty for not being on the trail today but i have ridden every day for the past week, and decided i needed an off day.

Is not amused
    I have not had my own bike for about a week now and its really starting to get to me. Then I'll be able to get my bike next week but it is going to rain all week.

they took the bar
    I hear it's over rated anyways.... so you ain't missing much....

Titanium junkie
    Remember, it's better to look at the bike,
    than to ride the bike.
    You're a Tailgunner

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I have not had my own bike for about a week now and its really starting to get to me. Then I'll be able to get my bike next week but it is going to rain all week.
    When it gets like that outside, it's time to break out the hover-bike set at 6" of ground clearance and the Gortex raingear. This way you can still hit the trails w/o damaging them and w/o getting all wet & muddy. Anything is possible...
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    When it gets like that outside, it's time to break out the hover-bike set at 6" of ground clearance and the Gortex raingear. This way you can still hit the trails w/o damaging them and w/o getting all wet & muddy. Anything is possible...
    Yeah I'll get right on it.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Yeah I'll get right on it.
    That's the spirit!

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED THIS IS A MOUNTAIN BIKING SITE!!! and all along, i figured this was a place that studly men hung out that i could virtually hit on. hmmm....maybe i should start riding bikes? *pulls old Magna out from under the porch*
    I hang out here because all the wimmenz run away from me in real life...

see me rollin, they hatin
    HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED THIS IS A MOUNTAIN BIKING SITE!!! and all along, i figured this was a place that studly men hung out that i could virtually hit on. hmmm....maybe i should start riding bikes? *pulls old Magna out from under the porch*

Inspector Gadget
    I just cruise around with my bike in the bed of my truck. I never wash it so it looks like I just rode it. Then I just hang in staging areas drinking some beers.
    It's the perfect time of year, Somewhere far away from here.

Seo
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    It's too bad when you don't have to time to ride your bike as much as you'd like. Same thing happens with photographers who leave their camera at home for too long. Gotta get out there!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I didnt wanna say anything, But it looks like Nicole gained a little weight? Maybe you should start riding
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I work in sales and sit in front of a computer all day. If anyone looked I rarely post on the evenings or weekends. Its normally M-F 8-5 lol.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Suckin wind like a boss

this guy does. (not me in the pic. i was drinking beer and playing parking lot poser.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trodaq View Post
    I didnt wanna say anything, But it looks like Nicole gained a little weight? Maybe you should start riding
    She virtually pops her pimples in your general direction.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by trodaq View Post
    excuse me, its a combo of glandular problems and genetics. please be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Pimple juice, mmmmmm.

mtbr member
    May 2012

the other mtbr

Thanks for the clarification; I thought the site was for Middle Tennessee Boxer Rescue: Middle Tennessee Boxer Rescue (mtbr.org). Now it all makes WAY more sense.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Pimple juice, mmmmmm.
    Guys... I'm tryna eat salsa and chips here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    There's nothing better than getting out in the fresh air and walking my bike around the neighborhood.

mtbr member
    I've been trying to figure out which one to buy. Does anyone know if Trek makes good bikes?

Is not amused
    So, noticing all the bltching and complaining on the site as of recently. Also along with the troll post about people that pose. Question...as I look the the US map which the majority of members are, why the fvck are you not riding your bike cause it's nice out but, instead posting on here? Mines at the LBS. I would work on my bike but eh, this whore who I used to be married to took all my money and everything else. Basically I'm left with my bike, no tools, no money, and so on. So what's your excuse? If your at work, work. Besides being at work which pisses you off that you can not ride, you come on here and read the retarded threads and continue to reply to them. Just some food for thought.

Titanium junkie
    Uh Hutch, you ok?
    You're a Tailgunner

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    So, noticing all the bltching and complaining on the site as of recently. Also along with the troll post about people that pose. Question...as I look the the US map which the majority of members are, why the fvck are you not riding your bike cause it's nice out but, instead posting on here? Mines at the LBS. I would work on my bike but eh, this whore who I used to be married to took all my money and everything else. Basically I'm left with my bike, no tools, no money, and so on. So what's your excuse? If your at work, work. Besides being at work which pisses you off that you can not ride, you come on here and read the retarded threads and continue to reply to them. Just some food for thought.
    Wow!

I ride 2-3 times a week:

1) That's all my battered body can handle and all I ever really wanted to do anyway.

2) The cost of living is often much higher in areas of the country where the weather permits riding year round. Therefore, I have TWO JOBS just to make ends meet. Both of them are full time, on call 24/7. I often wonder how I would handle it if I actually had two emergency calls at once for each job, lol!

3) I am enjoying watching my child become a young adult.

4) The amount of work they pound into our children these days at school is mind boggling. I have to be a teacher at home every night for homework. They are trying to make nuclear/astro physicists out of all the kids these days. BLAHHH!

5) I have other hobbies, one of which is fishing. I've been mtn biking since 2000 but I've been a fisherman since 1980. The Barracuda are just starting to charge our coastline so I'm looking alot at the catch reports/weather reports/boat scheds. I've already missed the LMB spawn so I gotta get in on these GARRRR!

6) I think I've ranted enough... for now

Does my life sound like fun? It is and I make the best of it. I'm married to a fabulous girl who is actually my high school sweetheart. My clients are wonderful, my tenants are wonderful (except for one!), my boss is wonderful. I make a good amount of money and have some really nice things. I have a wondeful family on both sides all of which get along very well. I have multiple places to fish, many friends, multiple places to ride, the mountains are close, the beach is close, anything and everything is close. The weather is mild. It's a wonderful life...

Is not amused
    Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for asking though. Just want to go ride my bike. That's all. How are you doing?

Is not amused
    Wow!

I ride 2-3 times a week:

1) That's all my battered body can handle and all I ever really wanted to do anyway.

2) The cost of living is often much higher in areas of the country where the weather permits riding year round. Therefore, I have TWO JOBS just to make ends meet. Both of them are full time, on call 24/7. I often wonder how I would handle it if I actually had two emergency calls at once for each job, lol!

3) I am enjoying watching my child become a young adult.

4) The amount of work they pound into our children these days at school is mind boggling. I have to be a teacher at home every night for homework. They are trying to make nuclear/astro physicists out of all the kids these days. BLAHHH!

5) I have other hobbies, one of which is fishing. I've been mtn biking since 2000 but I've been a fisherman since 1980. The Barracuda are just starting to charge our coastline so I'm looking alot at the catch reports/weather reports/boat scheds. I've already missed the LMB spawn so I gotta get in on these GARRRR!

6) I think I've ranted enough... for now

Does my life sound like fun? It is and I make the best of it. I'm married to a fabulous girl who is actually my high school sweetheart. My clients are wonderful, my tenants are wonderful (except for one!), my boss is wonderful. I make a good amount of money and have some really nice things. I have a wondeful family on both sides all of which get along very well. I have multiple places to fish, many friends, multiple places to ride, the mountains are close, the beach is close, anything and everything is close. The weather is mild. It's a wonderful life...
    Yes, actually it does sound like fun, I had a family (wife with her son) and I was just venting myself. No harm in that right?

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Yes, actually it does sound like fun, I had a family (wife with her son) and I was just venting myself. No harm in that right?
    Nah, no harm. Just hadn't seen that side of you before. Of course, we all need to vent...

poser Administrator
    it's 100F/38C here during the day. This is effectively my winter but it sucks because the daylight is longest this time of year but it is so effing hot you either meet to ride at 5am (seriously) or 9pm (seriously) and winter, when the weather is perfect for riding, the daylight is short so you have little time outside of 9-5 in which to get out without lights.

So I get to ride at damn early in the morning, which is tough no matter what time you go to bed or damn late o'clock with lights which while it is fun, limits how rad you get on the trails.

plus 2 kids.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    it's 100F/38C here during the day. This is effectively my winter but it sucks because the daylight is longest this time of year but it is so effing hot you either meet to ride at 5am (seriously) or 9pm (seriously) and winter, when the weather is perfect for riding, the daylight is short so you have little time outside of 9-5 in which to get out without lights.

So I get to ride at damn early in the morning, which is tough no matter what time you go to bed or damn late o'clock with lights which while it is fun, limits how rad you get on the trails.

plus 2 kids.
    Wow, even the Big Guns are chiming in on this one!

AZ
    banned
    My bi-annual sinus infection has been keeping me largely inactive. Hoping to back on the bike tomorrow.

Is not amused
    Good to see reply's coming in here instead of the other "P" thread which is part of the reason I stated that. Yes, this is one of those moments I had to vent, I'm not no super hero sorry to let you guys down, Hutch gets pissed too. Instead of members calling each other a "P" this can give you a place to vent to my reply. This will allow other members to be like "that dude has a busy life and can see why he doesn't ride all the time or that hard". Other than that I'm a bitter a-hole 80% of the time, single, and want to ride my bike.

poser Administrator
    Wow, even the Big Guns are chiming in on this one!
    Yeah I have to look at so damn many threads per day that sometimes I just come to the party late. I have been subscribed to this one since its inception, but just got around to posting. Mostly to make jokerman realize that life isn't all bollocks. At least the weather gods don't tease him with perfect weather with no daylight or too much daylight with no time that you can ride.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    My bi-annual sinus infection has been keeping me largely inactive. Hoping to back on the bike tomorrow.
    No ****. What the **** is up with the pollen this year. I literally can't taste anything and have been living offa afrin so I can sleep. Seems exceptionally windy and polleny this year but maybe I say that every year. Why the hell do I live in this state?
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    My wife and child are coming down with that as we speak. I hope it doesn't get me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    No ****. What the **** is up with the pollen this year. I literally can't taste anything and have been living offa afrin so I can sleep. Seems exceptionally windy and polleny this year but maybe I say that every year. Why the hell do I live in this state?
    I don't know where you are, but in TX the pollen is a lot more abundant because nothing died over the winter. My dog is having a hell of a time.
    "Your opinion may vary, but it's stupid." -Rich Dillen

Is not amused
    Yeah I have to look at so damn many threads per day that sometimes I just come to the party late. I have been subscribed to this one since its inception, but just got around to posting. Mostly to make jokerman realize that life isn't all bollocks. At least the weather gods don't tease him with perfect weather with no daylight or too much daylight with no time that you can ride.
    Actually, the weather gods are straight up dicks in the Northeast, constantly pissing out rain which in result turns the trails to shlt.

Actually, the weather gods are straight up dicks in the Northeast, constantly pissing out rain which in result turns the trails to shlt.
    this. we live fairly close. its been raining for three weeks. the few good days have been busy with family obligations. stupid family! dont they realize i have needs? if i dont start riding and practicing more, i'll NEVER get my training wheels off!

I can't ride my bike either. Yay East Coast rainy season. Even on nice days you can't ride because the trails are slop. I'm cooped up indoors and am slowly going mad.

Edit: I just put my training wheels back on; at this rate, I need them.

Live 2 Ride
    I've been riding in the mornings when I can after getting the kid off to school. Just a short loop around town that takes me through a couple of parks and some trails with BMX jumps.
    My Bike: '19 Giant Talon 2 29er
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

Is not amused
    Being sick sucks. Have you tried Zithromax Powder? I have a nice supply of it from the military docs before I got out. For the record I don't have it because of STD's.

yeah right Hutch, those repressed middle eastern ladies were probably throwing themselves at you

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ok, time to fess up, I don't ride my bike anymore and haven't done so for nearly 8 years ever since the event which shall not be spoken of. Any recent pictures & videos of me riding a bike are actually of my stunt double, and he's also the guy that others meet when I post that I'm going to be attending a group ride.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    yeah right Hutch, those repressed middle eastern ladies were probably throwing themselves at you
    I fixed it and typed that one up totally wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0