Sweep the leg!

Where are my priorities? Only 10 minutes on MTBR?

I eased into getting back on the bike once the Doc gave me permission to ride. It's a double edged sword, now that I'm able to ride I'm able to work. Wouldn't you know, the company I was working for when I broke my leg didn't get more work while I was off. The first day I was able to work I get the pink slip so I head to the hall and sign the book. #178... so it'll be roughly 18 months before I get called back to work.

With all that time on my hands and ability to ride I'm doing just that. I'm not cleared to ride off road yet due to the jolts and potential to aggravate bone fusion. So I'm getting 3-5 hours a day on the road bike. The pounds aren't melting away yet, but I feel much better at the end of the day.

To Do List items now that I'm mobile: re-roof the house, rebuild the garage, replace the trim in the upstairs hall, make supports for the tomato plants....

...and maybe spend 12 minutes a day on MTBR.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Good deal. What kind of work do you do... or did you do I guess?

mtbr member
    Play "What's Caffeine Powered do for a living"?

My guess, he's union obviously, so I'll guess welder.

Oh, and sorry about the work but at least your back on the bike and have time to do stuff around the house that's probably been neglected while laid up.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

AZ
    banned
    Sparky. What did I win?
    Last edited by AZ; 05-16-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Unionized fluffer. That's my bet. Good thing your back on the bike, your posts have been rampant these last few months and I'm getting sick of you.I'm joking, but seriously glad you can ride.

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Sparky. What did I win?
    A beer from my cooler in the parking lot of the trail after we ride. I'm surprised nobody has complained about posers drinking beer in the parking lot.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    The first day I was able to work I get the pink slip so I head to the hall and sign the book. #178... so it'll be roughly 18 months before I get called back to work.
    Lame.

Do you get in trouble with your union if you get on a couple of other lists? I'm a stagehand, or was, and people do a certain amount of moonlighting with the sign painters, carpenters and longshoremen. Seems to help when we have a dry spell, and we'll pull in machinists, carpenters and sign painters when we get busy.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

I don't drink beer in the parking lot, I only pose with open beers; ya know, so people think I like good beer.

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    Lame.

Do you get in trouble with your union if you get on a couple of other lists? I'm a stagehand, or was, and people do a certain amount of moonlighting with the sign painters, carpenters and longshoremen. Seems to help when we have a dry spell, and we'll pull in machinists, carpenters and sign painters when we get busy.
    The Hall is fine with that. I can do any work so long as it isn't electrical and be in good standing with the union. As much fun as it might be to kick back and collect ~$2000 a month in unemployment benefits I need insurance for the family. While they don't get hurt crashing bicycles as much as I do, I'm not willing to go bankrupt or sell the house to pay for medical bills.

There's medical technology jobs at the local hospitals/clinics I can do since that's my other degrees. I might not like working 2nd/3rd shifts but it will have health care. Plus I could ride during the day.

I need to re-write the resume.

Suckin wind like a boss
    thats going to take a lot more time that the 10 minute daily allotment of mtbr that you have clearly gone over already today. get to rewriting!

and good luck.

meow meow
    spending all day, erryday on mtbr is the only way to do it!

Fat-tired Roadie
    Looking for work by interview and resume sucks.

Good luck with it.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Members who have read this thread: 0