Thread: What y'all do ?

Huckin' trails

What y'all do ?

If you were me ?

I'm kinda stuck between perfect summer and boredom. Short story, I'm spending the next 2-3 months in a beach city (Ocean City, MD) at my dad's house and this place is nothing but beaches, boating and sun. You guess it no MTB. Not at all.

I got all expense paid (well, more like I have nothing to paid), lodged and got a nice boat and location, so I really can't complain here.

Even with all this, I'm still stuck to be on my own all summer long since I don't know much people around and pretty much all of them are working during the day and doing their things, and my father is also working all day long. I do managed to find a nice job from 7~8 to 11h30 every morning at the boardwalk, at a bike rental shop so at least I get to see some people and work around bikes each mornings.

So for a 20 yo guy with no trails to ride and working till noon, the rest of the day gets pretty boring since I'm not the type of dude who likes to hang up on the beach by himself all day long and acting like a d-bag.

Since drinking age is 21 here (it sucks, at home I can go out and have fun at 18) I can't go to the clubs nor can I sink into alcohol depression. Most neighbor here just gets in for a week rental, so already they are doing their things and such it kinda suck making friends too since I'm not here till 12 and I don't want to invite myself over other's place.

So I'm bored to be alone here and don't really know what to do... What'd you guys do ? I'm not either a beach bum who like to brag on and drag girls like a macho (and I don't want to be either). Though there is an under 21 club, but no alcohol in a club kinda suck (not that I'm a drunk ass, but ya know what I mean). I can't really see myself hanging up in a club drinking orange juice...

And I dont even know why I'm posting all this... Must be coz I'm bored of watching adult swim every night and getting up at 6:30... Sorry for the boring reading
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Go cougar hunting.

Huckin' trails
    Lolz good one. Girls aren't the problem around here it's full. Problem is everybody pretty much stay only 3 days or a week so it's kinda hard for me to figure out a way to get to spend some time when I'm working everyday till noon and have to be up at 6:30 every day... Idk man
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

AZ
    banned
    Road bike, network, socialize, charity work, go to the gym, work on world peace, get a sun tan, go spearfishing, mug tourists (not really), in short you are going to have to be creative.

banned
    May 2012
    That was me for yrs. Get a road bike or something. I ran slicks on my moto 2 carbon and was rocking wheelies and rolling stopies jumping down stairs etc. Basically bmxing on a mtn bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    BMX. Just point your bike out the front door and the session begins. Forget all the road bike nonsense - ramp up the jawn. /endthread

mtbr member
    20 years old and a beach full of hot chicks...I'm not really seeing what the problem is here. If you want, I'll be more than happy to trade you spots for the summer.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

Huckin' trails
    Thx guys. Going to work right now, I'll think about it while riding my bike.

And regarding sun tan, I've spent the previous day at the beach and now I'm burning my ass off all over

RLK
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    If I were stuck at the beach, I'd learn to surf, swim my @ss off, and generally do everything I could to leave in better shape than when I arrived. And I'd read a bunch too.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by RLK View Post
    If I were stuck at the beach, I'd learn to surf, swim my @ss off, and generally do everything I could to leave in better shape than when I arrived. And I'd read a bunch too.
    I'd already start surfing, know how to swim and pretty much keep myself moving. I just get bored doing everything alone.

Get a fake, get crunk, mug tourists. Like AZ said. Find someone to get you a pint of booze and bring that to the sub-21 club; get loose. BMX or skateboard. I drink too much so all my advice is going to involve procuring booze. Take up graff, make a name, apply liberally to any blank surface.

9 lives
    Stay away from bath salts... unless you want 15 minutes of fame.

Get a bike, do urban rides, chat up the girls (french accents are sexy) and have fun!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Huckin' trails
    Back from work. On that side I have nothing to worry, got a good job outside, fitting chicks on bikes and working with hotties.

I can easily get booze (I made sure to bring down a few 12 packs of Canadian beer, ~6% alc.) and I usually have a few drinks a week. But smuggling booze into a under 21 club could make for some fun. Just have to use cranberry juice to mask the alcohol taste and that should do it

Not much into graphs. And biking here after 12 o'clock is pretty much pointless due to the extreme heat and sunburns I got from yesterday...

No Stranger to danger....
    I like to do a bit of tape worm whispering in my spare time........

yes this can be from humans and animals, i am the only 'tape worm whisperer' in Australia..
    i have been also known to go by the name of 'the tape worm wrangler'
    It involves a secret bait and often a very long wait, but the rewards far out weigh the negatives.
    sometimes i chant to them to come out, other times i sing, sometimes i do actually whisper to them to come out......
    I have a 100% success rate, and i have a set of gold plated pliers for the smaller ones, but for the bigger ones, i have to wrangle these out with my bare hands....

its not for the faint hearted, but if your looking for a rewarding pass time, i suggest you look into it, cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Summer school for the English classes you skipped.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Afric Pepperbird
    Rent a Pugsley or a Mukluk and ride the beaches.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Rent a Pugsley or a Mukluk and ride the beaches.
    You can't ride the beach beside off-season. Otherwise I'd be all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Summer school for the English classes you skipped.
    I've had advanced English class in 6th grade elementary and took down the five high school grades in 4 years only. And I got trough my English classes in college too already. What about the French classes you skipped ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    You can't ride the beach beside off-season. Otherwise I'd be all over the place

I've had advanced English class in 6th grade elementary and took down the five high school grades in 4 years only. And I got trough my English classes in college too already. What about the French classes you skipped ?
    Glad to hear you got trough them, I was a little concerned.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    I like to do a bit of tape worm whispering in my spare time........

yes this can be from humans and animals, i am the only 'tape worm whisperer' in Australia..
    i have been also known to go by the name of 'the tape worm wrangler'
    It involves a secret bait and often a very long wait, but the rewards far out weigh the negatives.
    sometimes i chant to them to come out, other times i sing, sometimes i do actually whisper to them to come out......
    I have a 100% success rate, and i have a set of gold plated pliers for the smaller ones, but for the bigger ones, i have to wrangle these out with my bare hands....

its not for the faint hearted, but if your looking for a rewarding pass time, i suggest you look into it, cheers

The future of American enterprise is saved!

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Glad to hear you got trough them, I was a little concerned.
    Yeah, it's not that I'm an uneducated guy, just english isn't my first language, so I try to do my best to chat up here. I'd like to see ya posting 10+ posts a day in french

since 4/10/2009
    do some urban riding, definitely. Urban riding really helped my technical skills a lot.

unfortunately, this is why a lot of youth get in trouble (boredom)...in some places, it is very difficult to find fun social stuff to do before you're at drinking age. without knowing the area, it's hard to say. you're going to have to get creative.

Huckin' trails
    Yeah... Urban riding isn't much here.., it's pretty much a big sandbar with buildings on the beach, house on the bay and a big highway going trough from north to south. So unless you like to ride in a 8 lanes highway with holiday drivers all over, the urban riding is pretty much your typical suburb with a few calm streets that gets boring very fast unless you ride for fitness (and only fitness). Plus the heat kinda push you towards the bar or the tv...

I guess I could always pass for a 21 yo coz a lot of people I meet here really didn't think I was only 20. Probably because since I'm legal at home it kinda push towards the more "adult" attitude that 20 yo guys here don't really seems to have yet ? Up here we all already have party and drinks when we're 15. Isn't it the same in the US ? Lolz.

Beer Me!
    I don't know what the water is like, but have you thought about windsurfing or kite-boarding?

Did this quite a bit with a couple buddies in college, its frustrating at the start, but an absolute riot when you become at least mediocre enough to "get up".

That's about all i got, the rest of my non-bike related schenanigans usually involve booz. Though I do paint, so you could try that.
    "Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I started drinking when I was 15 lol. I actually dont drink nearly as much as I did before I turned 21. Mostly because I feel like trash after a night of drinking. And partly because im settled down and married so I cant get into near the level of debauchery I used to lol.

Thought about trying a longboard? My buddy builds them and Ive found it quite relaxing to go rolling around on one. But again, being 20 years old and single living on the beach im having a hard time finding the downside. The girls are only there for 3 days? Perfect. 1 day to talk them into things and 2 days to enjoy the experience. Then, no comittment. Lol
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Huckin' trails
    And social fun stuff when you're not 21 here also suck balls... If you can't even get drunk in a club, how can you expect gurls to do the same ? Unless you have a private party at your place, but that takes back to the problem I don't really know much people under ~25 yo, most of my "friends" here are 35+ and not really party type like a 19 yo girl would be.

Sucks. Back at home in college we're like 8 dudes and 35 girls in our major, so fun stuff is going on easy with the college being across the street of the hottest club and bars in town. Even though I'm not much of a party freak, there's always something going on any day when ever you feel like it.

Here it's dead (at least for me) coz I don't have many connections and under 21 alcohol private party aren't something you advertise on the community billboard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Talk to everyone. Unless they tell you to piss off, then stop talking.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    I started drinking when I was 15 lol. I actually dont drink nearly as much as I did before I turned 21. Mostly because I feel like trash after a night of drinking. And partly because im settled down and married so I cant get into near the level of debauchery I used to lol.

Thought about trying a longboard? My buddy builds them and Ive found it quite relaxing to go rolling around on one. But again, being 20 years old and single living on the beach im having a hard time finding the downside. The girls are only there for 3 days? Perfect. 1 day to talk them into things and 2 days to enjoy the experience. Then, no comittment. Lol
    Long boards and wind surfing looks fun. That's interesting.

Downside is I don't own the place and this is a big open loft, so no privacy for "funny business" unless I go to their place. And that I have to be up at 6:30.

So that leaves me the Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday mornings. Most people are moving in during saturday and moving out the next Saturday in the morning or only from Friday to Sunday. That's the hard part. I guess I could be lucky a few times, but also get a lot of hit and miss before.

We're getting somewhere however...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    maybe you should just keep complaining. seems to be working good so far and it takes up plenty of your spare time.

seriously. why are you even there? go somewhere else if it sucks that bad. or get a real full time job like the rest of the us.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    I would seriously consider learning how to do a legitimate cartwheel. Then take your new skill to the sand. Yell "I am so happy" over and over while doing them to garner extra applause from spectators.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have a serious note to reccomend. And I promise this will cure just about any mental distress anyone suffers from. Leave your cell phone at the loft. Take yourself a couple of cold ones or a few ice cold water bottles (dependent on the beach rules). Go sit your ass on the most remote part of the beach you can find and just let your mind shut off. Dont think about anything, dont do anything but sit and chill and watch the waves come in. Our brains are so saturated with stress of daily life most of us dont ever take the time to completely shut down for a bit. I spent a week on a cruise ship last november and didnt have to worry about ANYTHING. And it was the best thing i've ever done for myself. Maybe rent a boat and go do some fishing. Id be doing alot of fishing.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Pale Rider
    David I enjoy most of your posts and your enthusiasm for MTB'ing and life.

But DAMN son, I am really struggling to see the issue here! Good luck with this awful conundrum you find yourself in.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by El Train View Post
    maybe you should just keep complaining. seems to be working good so far and it takes up plenty of your spare time.

seriously. why are you even there? go somewhere else if it sucks that bad. or get a real full time job like the rest of the us.
    Yeah, wasting time here seems to be working pretty good so far

Why I'm here ? Coz I had the choice to be here or stay at home. I'd like to go hang out a bit in Cali, but I need more money and I'll be graduating soon and get a real job.

Previous years my little brother was always coming here too, but not this year he wanted to stay at home and took a summer job working at night. Now I'm realizing it's pretty boring when you don't know anybody your age here to hang out with every days.

Huckin' trails
    And also coz I've been working my butt off the last few years at school, job and volunteering, coming down here the summers with my bro and biking on my free time.

Now I realize I pretty much never hook up with someone and with all this free time here (that I never had before) and all by myself, I kinda feel alone and should get to spare some time with others outside of a job, school or MTB. Like other guys my age should do.

I could just go and get a full time job for the next months, but that will mean I'd just keep on being the way I've been since years and won't solve anything. Sure I'll get money and something to keep me busy, but that's what I do all year long anyway. Barely have time to even go out riding during my semesters, so now that I have all the time and not much to ride around, I guess it should be time for some social stuff (not like MTBR social stuff).

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    I have a serious note to reccomend. And I promise this will cure just about any mental distress anyone suffers from. Leave your cell phone at the loft. Take yourself a couple of cold ones or a few ice cold water bottles (dependent on the beach rules). Go sit your ass on the most remote part of the beach you can find and just let your mind shut off. Dont think about anything, dont do anything but sit and chill and watch the waves come in. Our brains are so saturated with stress of daily life most of us dont ever take the time to completely shut down for a bit.
    This. Go out by yourself and chill.

And new girls in town every week? Sounds like a dream come true. No commitment, if you piss them off or get awkward you can find someone else, AND they're probably as bored with their families as you are with the area.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

Huckin' trails
    Note : I somehow missed those few posts and sorry about it

Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    I would seriously consider learning how to do a legitimate cartwheel. Then take your new skill to the sand. Yell "I am so happy" over and over while doing them to garner extra applause from spectators.
    I used to take nin-jutsu training and actually really liked it. But I somehow start running out of time and haven't went back since a year or so... Guess I could go back to training, but wouldn't be kinda awkward to just go in a crowded beach and start rolling around, stretching and doing gym/fitness routine ? To me it's normal, but I don't know how people see it. Here's a pic of our typical training :

What y'all do ?-_dsc5709_web.jpg

How would it look if a guy start umping around with a training sword while yielding

I have a serious note to reccomend. And I promise this will cure just about any mental distress anyone suffers from. Leave your cell phone at the loft. Take yourself a couple of cold ones or a few ice cold water bottles (dependent on the beach rules). Go sit your ass on the most remote part of the beach you can find and just let your mind shut off. Dont think about anything, dont do anything but sit and chill and watch the waves come in. Our brains are so saturated with stress of daily life most of us dont ever take the time to completely shut down for a bit. I spent a week on a cruise ship last november and didnt have to worry about ANYTHING. And it was the best thing i've ever done for myself. Maybe rent a boat and go do some fishing. Id be doing alot of fishing.
    I think it's more of lonely feeling than stress or burnout. Honestly the only thing I have to worry about here is what t-shirt color I should wear today... And I have a boat and plenty of fishing stuff here too. But I'm getting tired of fishing sometimes (not that I find it boring, just I'd like to do something else).

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    David I enjoy most of your posts and your enthusiasm for MTB'ing and life.

But DAMN son, I am really struggling to see the issue here! Good luck with this awful conundrum you find yourself in.
    Yeah, I guess I just put too much of my life into doing my things and now that my things are pretty much all done, I don't how to get into the next thing. I could keep on going like this till I'm 30 and then get stuck again at the same point like I am now...

I feel like moving away every summer when school's over kinda kept me away from hanging out with my friends at home and since I don't know people here I'm kinda always from social activities with people I usually hang out. Like if I'm only half there and not really there. It was fun the first 19 years, but now I'm not having fun. Y'all thinking being stuck at the beach single for 3 months if a dream, but here it's like moving to a new place every year and doing stuff on your own without hanging out much.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Fcuk, I wish I was 20 again. ZERO responsibilities (except a crappy job and studies), hot girls everywhere, chillin', working out... just an awesome time. Now it's bills, debts, taxes, work, finding time to ride, bills, taxes.

Hey other old guys... don't you wish you had your current mind implanted into a 20 yr. old version of yourself? I swear, if that was possible = world domination!

I guess the one thing that I have to say about me as a 20 yr. old was that I had the feeble mind of a 20 yr. old. No sense at all... All I had was working for $6/hour, studying, flirting with girls. What a time.

Time's a' wasting, young man. Do something with this time - even if it's banging hot co-eds, urban riding, chilling out, increasing your knowledge, or all of those things... make it worth something to write about. These precious years, you will never get back. Never. Do NOT waste them.

Huckin' trails
    Went for a walk on the beach. Sat there for about half hour and walked for the next 2 hours. Definitively feels better, but I know it won't last till tomorrow.

Wēk Ss
    Join a gym. Work out. At your age, I spent many many hours in the gym, killing time by stressing out my joints.

I also spent an equal amount of time getting drunk and hanging out, at your age. Ocean City is decent. Get a girl, really. Hook up with her and her friends or what not. Go cruising. Go biking, whatever. Take road trips. Go down to FL. Spend more time at a different beach, and the girl in a strange motel room...and just don't leave the room.

Alcohol probably won't be a problem if you can hook up with the local scene. I never had any problems getting booze.

Just don't fall into the "less than zero" crowd and become a prostitute to pay off your dealer.

RLK
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Do you have a car and a bike with you? Fair Hill is only ~2 hours away and the riding is fantastic!

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Join a gym. Work out. At your age, I spent many many hours in the gym, killing time by stressing out my joints.

I also spent an equal amount of time getting drunk and hanging out, at your age. Ocean City is decent. Get a girl, really. Hook up with her and her friends or what not. Go cruising. Go biking, whatever. Take road trips. Go down to FL. Spend more time at a different beach, and the girl in a strange motel room...and just don't leave the room.

Alcohol probably won't be a problem if you can hook up with the local scene. I never had any problems getting booze.

Just don't fall into the "less than zero" crowd and become a prostitute to pay off your dealer.
    Sorry, I'm not living in the 80's anymore

But seriously I got to think about a lot of things and how they worked out for me this afternoon...

1. Pretty much every body in high school acted like *******s with me.
    2. I don't know how many of you guys have spend your childhood with the people you still hang out with, but for me it's zero.
    3. I realized that people only liked me for what I did (or was able to do) and not for what I am.
    4. I never got much from others even if I spent countless hours into helping them and volunteering. They can go suck my balls next time.
    5. I'm getting a tattoo to match my latest MTB crash scar that is a music note. Suggestions welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What y'all do ?-image-2.jpeg  

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by RLK View Post
    Do you have a car and a bike with you? Fair Hill is only ~2 hours away and the riding is fantastic!
    Car isn't mine and bike isn't for trails, more commuter, but at that point I could ride a beach cruiser I don't care. And where are you ? Come here pick me up bro !

Suckin wind like a boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    20 years old and a beach full of hot chicks...I'm not really seeing what the problem is here. If you want, I'll be more than happy to trade you spots for the summer.
    +1 and then some. jeez i wish i had your problems right about now.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    I am starting to think you would whine about winning the lottery. Geez kid. Enjoy the freedom while it lasts. Go find some good looking girl to hang out with for 2 days and then find another one...

I can list a number of kids your age that are working their tails off this summer to help pay bills at home because their parents need the assistance.

mtbr member
    What is the saying ... "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink."

Seems to apply to the OP's "predicament!"

Man, a couple of the best years of my life were on the North Shore of Oahu, part time job (just enough to pay the rent and put some gas in my $400 Toyota), nothing to do but surf, wander around looking for tourist chicks, and hang out on the beach. Although I did know several mainland transplants who tried to live the dream of moving to Hawaii with only a backpack and a surfboard, and went crazy in just a month or 2 without having a mall, movie theater, or other 'entertainment' on hand.

Give me a fire on the beach and a guitar over a movie theater any night of the year!
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    fishing. learn to sail. get really good at sand sculpture?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    But seriously I got to think about a lot of things and how they worked out for me this afternoon...

1. Pretty much every body in high school acted like *******s with me.
    2. I don't know how many of you guys have spend your childhood with the people you still hang out with, but for me it's zero.
    3. I realized that people only liked me for what I did (or was able to do) and not for what I am.
    4. I never got much from others even if I spent countless hours into helping them and volunteering. They can go suck my balls next time.
    5. I'm getting a tattoo to match my latest MTB crash scar that is a music note. Suggestions welcome.
    Fcuk all that emo bullsh|t. HTFU and quit wasting your time on pondering that garbage. I'm telling you, I (along with a bunch of other old guys here) was there - being emo over high school stuff... when I should've used my 20 yr. old body for much better things like partying with hot chicks and riding. Instead, I was doing what you did - emoville.

Stop all that. Man up. Go get it.

When I was your age, I didn't have a dude twice my age to give me "man advice" in my life to slap me around and tell me to HTFU. My Dad was too busy with, ironically, the sh|t I'm caught up in now (bills, debt, taxes, responsibilities) and my older brother was already racing MTB's and training. So I would stew in my own juices... wasting time. I could've done A LOT during that time, but I didn't.

This could be the best, or worst, summer in your life. But you will never get it back when it's gone. Make good time with it - it's golden.

mtbr member
    ^^haha, never knew that's what the term 'emo' means!^^

Always something to be learned on MTBR, I tell ya!
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

Wēk Ss
    lol, emo. I haven't heard that in ages.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ufb3t45gWJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: -------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Fcuk all that emo bullsh|t. HTFU and quit wasting your time on pondering that garbage. I'm telling you, I (along with a bunch of other old guys here) was there - being emo over high school stuff... when I should've used my 20 yr. old body for much better things like partying with hot chicks and riding. Instead, I was doing what you did - emoville.

Stop all that. Man up. Go get it.

When I was your age, I didn't have a dude twice my age to give me "man advice" in my life to slap me around and tell me to HTFU. My Dad was too busy with, ironically, the sh|t I'm caught up in now (bills, debt, taxes, responsibilities) and my older brother was already racing MTB's and training. So I would stew in my own juices... wasting time. I could've done A LOT during that time, but I didn't.

This could be the best, or worst, summer in your life. But you will never get it back when it's gone. Make good time with it - it's golden.
    This is good. Live life! You're in the most free period of your life.
    Last edited by IAmHolland; 07-03-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Afric Pepperbird
    Yeah! Whatever happened to Emo??

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CqETaGrSwrc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Upcyclist
    You should consider working at a popular restaurant or club.Its a whole different world for those who do.You can score food,drink,friends,almost anything.I used to wash dishes in a restaurant at a ski resort,great times!After a while I was working in the kitchen grazing all day.I Met some great people and had a blast.

Working in the back of the house is good for free food and comedy,but if you can wait tables and get face to face with tourists...there are lots of opportunities(and tips)

You will definitely meet people and if they are cool,they will probably invite you over for some drinks after work or something,then you can wow them with mtb stories and make them want to leave that tiny strip of land.
    Last edited by Cornfield; 07-03-2012 at 05:34 PM.

AZ
    banned
    Someone mention Emu?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    You should consider working at a popular restaurant or club.
    I was a bouncer at a popular nightclub in my early 20's. That was a fun gig.

Huckin' trails
    Lol "emo". FYI high school is back and dead since a few years already. That's pretty much over in my life like college will be in a year or two.

Met a few people on the beach. Was fun. And being 20 sucks real time here for nightlife.

And if a girl ask you your age, what does it mean (in a good way) ?

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I was a bouncer at a popular nightclub in my early 20's. That was a fun gig.
    I'd be more of a bouncing ball than bouncer

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i've spent a decent amount of time around the outer banks in nc, much of the same with people coming and going every week. you just have to find the right spots where the locals are. do you not know anybody you work with? i've got some friends who would work in surf shops or as life guards during the summer and they always met people there.

try stand up paddle boarding too. can be fun when there is no surf. fishing is fun too

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    And if a girl ask you your age, what does it mean (in a good way) ?
    The best way to sell yourself to a girl is to ask questions. Ask a TON of questions, and nod your head a lot. This is called "question based selling". The less you talk, the better. Just keep asking questions and when they ask a question, answer with a question. Open ended questions are key, no "yes/no" questions.

Also, when you ask her opinion, ask "How do you feel about____________?" not "What do you think about _______________?" When you ask how do you "feel", as opposed to what do you "think" - you are asking her to open up on an emotional level.

She asks your age - you ask right back. Also, don't ask for anything - once you got her to open up, tell her what you want. "We're hanging out tonight..." or "We're going to dinner tonight".

Good luck.

Huckin' trails
    Thanks dad

But seriously there is already a few people where I work at that think I'm older than 20... Dunno why, coz I though I looked more like 19 than 21... in my country. And when I tell them I can go to the clubs at 18, they're like woww... Is this a normal USA citizen reaction or what ?

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    20 years old and a beach full of hot chicks...
    No kidding, what's the issue? OP is proof that youth is wasted on the young

fading away
    Fred Garvin, male prostitute.
    goodbye cruel world. I am leaving you today.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by david c View Post
    and if a girl ask you your age, what does it mean (in a good way) ?
    Name:  85a.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  39.4 KB
    What y'all do ?-cee.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You can always get another job. Make some bucks and maybe
    buy a new bike or car. You can never have too much money in the
    bank also.

Is not amused
    More input on your dilemma of "what should I do"....

Ocean City Free Family Fun ---- Meet chicks, enjoy some music, byob

Walk our beautiful beach... meet people

Take in the excitement of the OC Boardwalk at night... Might want to drink a couple prior to this as it will help with talking to females. Don't over do it though.

Take a hike on one of our nature trails..... Shred the sand.....

Cruisin' Ocean City - Hot Rod and Classic Cars at the Beach --- Again women like cars, might even score a cougar here.

Have a conversation with an Ocean City lifeguard about beach safety.... IDK it was number 96 on the list of things to do were your at. 69 was check out the Labor Day Weekend Art & Craft Festival at the convention center. I don't think your into that.

Rent a Ocean City, MD Jet Ski Rentals, Jetboats, Waverunners if you don't have one down there.

Go Ocean City Skydiving Center in Berlin - Beachfront skydiving and shlt yourself on the way down.

If you don't like any of my input then you can go fly a kite at The Kite Loft in Ocean City, Maryland

Huckin' trails
    LMFAO. you guys are so damn funny.

Take care. I have to go to work now, already 6:30.

mnoutain bkie rdier

Dunno

Kinda this at this point. Have a great summer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    Kinda this at this point. Have a great summer
    That's good now. I finally got it sort out. Thanks people.

Hi.
    And wear some damn sunscreen. Chicks don't dig sunburns, and you won't either if you end up with skin cancer.

Cheers.

Huckin' trails
    Went to dance club last night with foam party. 3 hours of dancing, back home by midnight and up by 7h to go work 3 hours in the sun. I'm sore all over, but had a good time.

Up at 6:30, ride till 8h, work from 8 to 11:30, hang out on the beach till 12:30, ride back and get lunch/do dishes, etc. Go back walking the beach for 3 hours, walk back home at 6h, get dinner and shower, go to the club by 8h, dance till midnight and get back home and go to sleep. Get back up by 7am and ride to work from 8 to 11:30, get back home and try not to die from overdose of being at the beach.

Then weekends off and go back to foam party on sunday. Gotta get up at 6:30 Monday morning.

Sounds good ?

Suckin wind like a boss
    wtf is a foam party?
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Sounds like no one cares about your daily routine. Have fun in the foam.

Huckin' trails
    Yeah foam parties are fun. But this one kinda suck in the way it could have been a lot more exciting if they would have filled the whole place with foam instead of a few square feet.

Honestly, the place was dead, DJ suck big time, sound was crappy, ZERO ventilation and people didn't know how to dance. Girls acting ****ty coz they don't know better, no alcohol, just water, pepsi and red-bull.

I had a hard having fun in this place. I tried my best but this club just suck.

I miss Montreal's clubs.

Upcyclist
    That sucks...but you did have some fun?

Funny thing is that picture I found on google images is actually from a club in Canada.

That dude is so happy...LOL

Huckin' trails
    Yeah, that picture is exactly how it is back home. At least I managed to get some fun, but I had better times in the past.

That said, foam parties are awesome !!

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Yeah, that picture is exactly how it is back home. At least I managed to get some fun, but I had better times in the past.

That said, foam parties are awesome !!

When you said foam parties I thought you meant this.

VCF Delfen Contraceptive Spermicidal Foam ? Walmart.com

Huckin' trails
    Nah, I meant with whipped cream all over the place and vodka/cherry punch !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Throw some road tires on that bike, head toward ocean pines and pick any back road. No real hills but the endless cornfields and peace and quiet aren't really all that unpleasant. Or you can just drink beer and get laid.

mtbr member
    MTBR needs a "David C is unhappy" forum...

and a forum ignore option.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
    MTBR needs a "David C is unhappy" forum...

and a forum ignore option.
    And you need to shut the **** up bro

Regarding biking, I'll stick with my morning rides and spend the day training at the beach my nin-jutsu skills, hang out and check out clubs. I trained for 2 and a half hours straight today and I need a break.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Stay away from bath salts... unless you want 15 minutes of fame.

Get a bike, do urban rides, chat up the girls (french accents are sexy) and have fun!
    +1
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

Members who have read this thread: 0