Upcyclist

What seat should I get?

I am asking this because its gotten to the point where I cant stand up straight right away after 30 minutes of sitting at my desk.I've been loving every minute of my new found hobby including all the time spent researching products and learning all I can from the wealth of knowledge here on mtbr as well as other places.

Since it's been in the 100's I have been spending a lot more time on the computer and it's starting to give me back pains.I'm on an old 50's-60's office chair from a bank that is hard to adjust and falling apart.

I haven't spent so much time at a desk in a while and would like to know what works for you,chairs that are good, any tips to avoid pain when you know your going to be sitting for a while.

I'm actually on my knees right now (still in pain)because I don't want to get out of that chair.

Thanks!

Life Is Short
    A cheap plastic 9.99 outdoor lawn chair with a cushion for your lower back is pretty good. When I
    was in college I used that method. I know what you mean about an old 60's office chair with wheels--
    uncomfy and bad on your back, looks cool on MADMEN though. But thats a tv show.

Upcyclist
    Yea...that's why I got it,because it looked cool.

I was thinking about the ones that have the dropper post,so you can adjust the height on the fly.I raised my seat up a few inches a couple weeks ago and had no problems until now.I think it would be good to be able to change that often.Not sure about arms though,don't think I want em.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Good question, May be buying a new bike off internet without seatpost or seat so need some recommendations. thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0