What the Hell DMV?!?!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What the Hell DMV?!?!

You're recording me, while I'm on your website?

What the Hell DMV?!?!-dmv.jpg

Just How in the hell are you assisting me better ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What the Hell DMV?!?!-dmv.jpg  

Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

TOP TIER LURKER
    DJ recently had trouble with them. I vote that we write to President Osama to have the current DMV trashed and then overhauled from the ground up. And no nasty, grouchy, grumpy old bats working behind the counters anymore!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    DJ recently had trouble with them. I vote that we write to President Osama to have the current DMV trashed and then overhauled from the ground up. And no nasty, grouchy, grumpy old bats working behind the counters anymore!
    I was seriously dreading opening this thread when I saw those 3 letters in that sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I was seriously dreading opening this thread when I saw those 3 letters in that sequence.
    Was there any nasty, grouchy, grumpy old bats working at your DMV when you were there recently?

I didn't do it
    I thought only phone calls were recorded for quality assurance. What the hell are they going to analyze on a website by recording it? Insure that the required fields are friendly and courteous when they ask for your name and address?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Was there any nasty, grouchy, grumpy old bats working at your DMV when you were there recently?
    No two people total waiting on 70-100 people. A minimum of a 3 hour wait. I had 3 trips in with a total of 9 hours of wait time. My small town DMV doesn't take appointments and the 2 other DMVs in close by towns are booked out on appointments 2 weeks out.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I thought only phone calls were recorded for quality assurance. What the hell are they going to analyze on a website by recording it? Insure that the required fields are friendly and courteous when they ask for your name and address?
    Blame it on President Osama

I didn't do it
    DJ, I fear the DMV as much as anybody. I always go in the first week of the month and in the morning. I usually get in and out in 2hrs that way - just kidding. I can get out in under 20' by this strategy. Actually I can do most of my DMV business by mail. I hate going to the DMV.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Blame it on President Osama
    We better get 60 Minutes on the case, stat!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member

Re: What the Hell DMV?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    You're recording me, while I'm on your website?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DMV.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	912777

Just How in the hell are you assisting me better ???
    You fool.

This will go on your permanent record.

Go watch "Enemy of the State"

banned
    Sep 2012
    I hate the DMV as well. A few years ago I got a notice that my California license was suspended because of an issue in New Hampshire. Turned out that New Hampshire started participating in some inter-state information sharing program and since my license expired there they were holding my California license hostage until I paid a $100 fee. Getting a hold of people in both states was a pain in the ass so I just said F it and paid the NH DMV and told them to take me out of their system. I had to go into a DMV here and explain the situation to get my license back and the supervisor overrode the system and fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    I hate the DMV as well. A few years ago I got a notice that my California license was suspended because of an issue in New Hampshire. Turned out that New Hampshire started participating in some inter-state information sharing program and since my license expired there they were holding my California license hostage until I paid a $100 fee. Getting a hold of people in both states was a pain in the ass so I just said F it and paid the NH DMV and told them to take me out of their system. I had to go into a DMV here and explain the situation to get my license back and the supervisor overrode the system and fixed it.
    Hmmm very similar to my above experience. I went in to get my motorcycle license in Colorado only to find out on my second visit in after taking my riding test that my license just popped up as under suspension in a California. Granted I've had a Colorado license for 2.5 years the timing was uncanny. It wasn't flagged 2 day's prior on my first DMV visit. I had back registration due in Cali which accumulated to $835. And my license was held hostage in Colorado until I squared up in Cali. Many a phone call to Cali on hold forever and finally taken care of. Then return back to the DMV for another 3 hour wait. All this had to be done that week to get my motorcycle license for an upcoming family vacation.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    One DMV is enough. Two? Now that sounds like one of my definitions of hell.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Hmmm very similar to my above experience. I went in to get my motorcycle license in Colorado only to find out on my second visit in after taking my riding test that my license just popped up as under suspension in a California. Granted I've had a Colorado license for 2.5 years the timing was uncanny. It wasn't flagged 2 day's prior on my first DMV visit. I had back registration due in Cali which accumulated to $835. And my license was held hostage in Colorado until I squared up in Cali. Many a phone call to Cali on hold forever and finally taken care of. Then return back to the DMV for another 3 hour wait. All this had to be done that week to get my motorcycle license for an upcoming family vacation.
    Yikes DJ, you gotta keep up with that stuff. That's serious coin.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squareback View Post
    This will go on your permanent record.
    That I was looking up Trailer Brake restrictions??? ..
    -Dad

TOP TIER LURKER
    That I was looking up Trailer Brake restrictions??? ..
    No, that you are a typical crazed member of OC. The judges tend to take this into consideration when handing out sentences/fines.

The White Jeff W

Re: What the Hell DMV?!?!

I've had my issues with the DMV but gotta admit that the last couple trips were pretty painless.

Knowledgable, helpful employees got me in & out quickly with no drama.

Hope this trend continues.
    No moss...

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    I've had my issues with the DMV but gotta admit that the last couple trips were pretty painless.

Knowledgable, helpful employees got me in & out quickly with no drama.

Hope this trend continues.
    Did you make an appointment? Dealing with them over the phone was a nightmare but I made an appointment when I had to go in and I was in and out in 15 minutes and the supervisor that helped me was cool.

banned
    Sep 2010
    With the CA DMV, appointments and online registration work wonders.

I just re-registered my van in about 10 minutes, online.

I didn't do it
    For some reason I never pegged you as a van guy, Ray. So are you classic, utility or Town and Country?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

banned
    Sep 2010
    For some reason I never pegged you as a van guy, Ray. So are you classic, utility or Town and Country?
    Sprinter. Hides them bikes and stuff!

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    Those are cool rides. Lot's of room for everything you'll ever need for a day on the trail or a long trip. Plus I think they kinda look badass. This van makes total sense.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    The last time I went to the DMV to renew my license it took 10 minutes. u mad?
    buzzes like a fridge

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    love mine, even though i get REALLY hassled every time i go through the border checkpoint on i-10.

have you ever seen the 4x4 sprinters that are coming? linky
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

banned
    Jan 2013
    My company issued vehicle is a van (old school no windows "creeper van"). I love it! Bikes, surfboards, groceries, you name it.... pop side/back door, pile crap in = good to go. I think my next personal vehicle purchase will be a van as well.

As for DMV? I do everything i can do by mail far in advance. When i actually need to go in, i bring a book and show up 30 min before they open. The line has usually already begun forming. Embrace inner zen, read the book i brought, and be out (relatively) quickly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I many great experiences with Washington DMV.

When I moved there my license was shown my New Mexico as being suspended. It wasn't, just a reporting error. They gave me a form that clearly states the DMV is to mail the form back to WA state DMV at this address. My dad was kind enough to go to the DMV, have the form filled out, gave them an addressed envelope with paid postage. Two weeks later I went into the WA DMV and tried to get my license. The gentleman asked for the form. I replied it was mailed to the address as instructed on form. He basically said I was screwed, the form was probably lost, etc. My dad was smart enough to mail me a copy. I pulled out my copy and all was good. I got my license. The stupid part, I could have walked out of the DMV the first visit, filled out the form and walk back in and get a license without even messing with the NM DMV. Stupid.

Another time I was renewing my license. I was on crutches from a compound femur fracture. I had an intramedullary rod that allowed me to place about 40 lbs of pressure on my left leg. The DMV attendant asked about my injury. I told him about it and the pressure limit. He didn't allow me to renew until I retook my driving test. He said "My physical conditions had changed" and "the injury could have limited my ability to drive a motor vehicle." I told him my doc would certainly be happy to provide a letter stating that my left leg had sufficient strength and dexterity to depress a clutch. He stated "your doctor giving you permission to drive a motor vehicle would be like me giving him permission to perform an operation." Long and short, I knew I was outsmarted by this mental giant. I signed up for the road test and as luck would have it, he was the evaluator. I passed the test with a 95%. What a waste of our time.

DFL

What the Hell DMV?!?!

I haven't had any problems with the NC DMV. MD DMV on the other hand can choke on it. I moved to NC from MD in 2008 and when I did, decided to part a car out so I did just that. Stopped driving it so I took it off my insurance. Fast forward four years I get a bill from the MD DMV telling me I owe them close to $700 for fines, penalties, and fees for not having insurance on my car. I explained what happened, they told me I had 30 days to surrender the plate in a case like that, and it was clearly spelled out on my registration. I looked at my registration, sure enough it didn't say anything about canceling insurance. I called MD back and explained that, they told me I was wrong and I still owed them the money. Next time I got a letter from their collections department it stated that they can only with hold MD state income tax refunds for indebtedness. Since I have no intention on ever living in that God foresaken state again, I'm good. I'll just continue to shred the semi annual collection letters I get from them.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

I didn't do it
    These are illuminating stories, good to know. askibum, it seems like you could take a hit on your credit rating if you don't settle up with MD?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by askibum02 View Post
    I'll just continue to shred the semi annual collection letters I get from them.
    Put the shreds in another envelope and mail it back to them. ..
    -Dad

DFL

What the Hell DMV?!?!

These are illuminating stories, good to know. askibum, it seems like you could take a hit on your credit rating if you don't settle up with MD?
    It's been two years and it hasn't showed up. I don't think the state can tap credit reports for plates, they don't collect SSN numbers.
    Put the shreds in another envelope and mail it back to them. ..
    Hmmmmm, never thought of that. LOL
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    I've done that for lots of crap mail I've gotten.

Write a big 'F-U' fold it up and send it back. Chase credit, gets all their crap back
    The ones that send Junk in Spanish ( only because my last name some how flags me as a Mexican that can read English ) Gets a nasty note with their crap back too.

It's fun, try it...
    -Dad

I didn't do it
    It's been two years and it hasn't showed up. I don't think the state can tap credit reports for plates, they don't collect SSN numbers.

Hmmmmm, never thought of that. LOL
    Very good, looks like it's time to start sending some shredded debris!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

T.W.O.
    What??? I love DMV, what's not to like, I rank them up there with my other 3 letters favorite TSA. Half the people there including the people who work there do not speak English, and the other half were late to their own birthday parties, attitude everywhere, thank god the nice security guys were there to tell everyone how to behave.

I wish I can visit more but my membership with AAA prevent me from ever step foot inside unless I have to renew my license, which I just did and made the appointment 7 weeks in advance, well it was the first available

Next time I got a letter from their collections department it stated that they can only with hold MD state income tax refunds for indebtedness. Since I have no intention on ever living in that God foresaken state again, I'm good. I'll just continue to shred the semi annual collection letters I get from them.

Not true!
    Trust me read my post above aways back. A collection agency finally gives up on you and then sends it to the state income tax. Then the next time you go to the DMV for any renewal or are pulled over your license is flagged as suspended in the other state. Which means your license that you have in the state you are currently living in is under suspension. Until you even up with the other state via the IRS. It may take a year or so but it does catch up to you and the fines and penalties just keep adding up. Do yourself a favor and take care of it ASAP.

My scenario below.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    What??? I love DMV, what's not to like, I rank them up there with my other 3 letters favorite TSA. Half the people there including the people who work there do not speak English, and the other half were late to their own birthday parties, attitude everywhere, thank god the nice security guys were there to tell everyone how to behave.

I wish I can visit more but my membership with AAA prevent me from ever step foot inside unless I have to renew my license, which I just did and made the appointment 7 weeks in advance, well it was the first available
    Read my reasons why.

T.W.O.
    Read my reasons why.
    I did, I feel your pain. There are about 10 DMV within comfortable driving distance less than 2hr from me and I didn't have better luck either