We've officially run out of things to talk about- Mtbr.com
    Wanna ride bikes?

We've officially run out of things to talk about

When the fart thread is the only thing going, you've officially run out of topics to discuss.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

Hi There!
    What do we do now?
    NTFTC

Cycologist
    So, what's everyone doing this weekend?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    So, what's everyone doing this weekend?
    I just farted.
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    When the fart thread is the only thing going, you've officially run out of topics to discuss.
    Bodily excretion threads were all the rage when the OC was created. On any given day you could expect to see a least one or two fart/poop threads at the top of the page.

We've come full circle...

9 lives
    We can talk about this morning's spam attack but I guess we've done that to death too
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

One ring to mash them all
    I have nothing to add
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    We can talk about this morning's spam attack but I guess we've done that to death too
    Makes me wonder who here is visiting their websites. They wouldn't keep posting if they weren't getting something out of it.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Cycologist
    Might as well post it here.

I'm going out to Vegas tomorrow for a 12 day business trip. I'm renting a bike tomorrow and will be riding at Red Rock. I'm trying to decide how to handle hydration. The high in Vegas tomorrow is only supposed to be 66F. So here are the options I've come up with:

1) take Camelbak - not sure I will have room for it with 12 days worth of clothes, laptop, etc. I've done this trip once a year for the past few years so I know packing is pretty tight.
    2) just take hydration bladder and stuff it in the backpack I'll have - it is a Novara commuter backpack, big enough for my laptop in its bag to fit so pretty big
    3) take some water bottles - I can stuff socks in them in my suitcase if I need to (yum)

Looks like I'll only have 3-4 hours to ride by the time I get there, check in at Mandalay Bay and then get to the bike rental/trails.

So which way to go with the hydration?
    I'm thinking at 66 degrees in the desert for a few hours, I won't need a whole lot of water. But maybe that's my East coast thinking?
    Also thinking rattlesnakes won't be out at that temperature. Wouldn't mind seeing one but would prefer not to see one in the middle of the trail at the last moment, I'm not much of a bunny hopper.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Chaz, I'm going with option #3.

In the meantime, here's some humor to pass the boredom of talking about farts.

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Maaaaan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I just farted.
    Would a Mod please move this reply to the "How Do You Cut the Cheese" thread.

Never mind, I just figured out how to do it myself.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

Pipe Dreamer
    Might as well post it here.

I'm going out to Vegas tomorrow for a 12 day business trip. I'm renting a bike tomorrow and will be riding at Red Rock. I'm trying to decide how to handle hydration. The high in Vegas tomorrow is only supposed to be 66F. So here are the options I've come up with:

1) take Camelbak - not sure I will have room for it with 12 days worth of clothes, laptop, etc. I've done this trip once a year for the past few years so I know packing is pretty tight.
    2) just take hydration bladder and stuff it in the backpack I'll have - it is a Novara commuter backpack, big enough for my laptop in its bag to fit so pretty big
    3) take some water bottles - I can stuff socks in them in my suitcase if I need to (yum)

Looks like I'll only have 3-4 hours to ride by the time I get there, check in at Mandalay Bay and then get to the bike rental/trails.

So which way to go with the hydration?
    I'm thinking at 66 degrees in the desert for a few hours, I won't need a whole lot of water. But maybe that's my East coast thinking?
    Also thinking rattlesnakes won't be out at that temperature. Wouldn't mind seeing one but would prefer not to see one in the middle of the trail at the last moment, I'm not much of a bunny hopper.
    Can't you just buy bottles when you get there? I'm thinking there's gotta be some kind of water or Gatorade type of drink that'll fit in a bottle cage.

Pipe Dreamer
    Also; you might announce your trip in the Nevada forum if you want to ride with someone. Nevada - Mtbr.com

There's a lot of cool peeps out that way that post here on mtbr. I've ridden with a few out there.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Can't you just buy bottles when you get there? I'm thinking there's gotta be some kind of water or Gatorade type of drink that'll fit in a bottle cage.
    that's what i was thinking.

on another subject, it snowed here over night ~3". I went out on the fatbike this morning and hit some trails. all was going well until i attempted to drop in on a trail that's super steep. it was maybe a little reckless, but i've been doing it all winter. I've only wiped out one time.

i don't think i got 10 feet and i lost the front tire. i went down awkwardly and was heading head first at a tree. I pretty much landed on my face, couple little bleeding scratches on my chin. I broke my visor too.

I got to my feet and knew there was something wrong with my finger but it didn't hurt. i grabbed it and it was super crooked so either broken or seriously dislocated. i gave it a good hard pull and POP!! A loud noise confirmed that it was dislocated. i actuated it a couple times and it seemed ok (all with gloves on) so i was hoping it wasn't broken too. i gathered myself, dusted off the snow, grabbed my bike and tried to get to a spot where i could remount. that's about the time when the pain set in.

that sucker started hurting. I limped home doing middle finger braking for the remaining 4-5 miles. Now my finger is HUGE! like super swollen multi-colored sausage.

Hope it heals fast, I've got a ride in the morning...
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Rabid Lana Fan
    Get well soon.

Korn, here's a project for you.

rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Get well soon.

Korn, here's a project for you.
    Yeah, Onespeed, hope that finger isn't broken.

Net, you know I've got too many projects already! Remember the guitar stand? And the large gear, and the...

Cycologist
    Managed to fit a couple of water bottles in my suitcase, didn't even have to stuff anything in them. Using a different suitcase this year and i guess it has more room. I'm not sure what time I'll make it out to the bike rental place so kind of hard to coordinate with anyone. Maybe next year will work out with more time.

I dislocated a finger just over a year ago, playing basketball with my son. It took a lot longer to feel normal than the doctor said. I noticed it mostly when I was riding, it would get stiff and feel weird curled around the grip and I'd end up riding with it sticking straight out. It was my pinky so it didn't affect braking.

that's what i was thinking.

on another subject, it snowed here over night ~3". I went out on the fatbike this morning and hit some trails. all was going well until i attempted to drop in on a trail that's super steep. it was maybe a little reckless, but i've been doing it all winter. I've only wiped out one time.

i don't think i got 10 feet and i lost the front tire. i went down awkwardly and was heading head first at a tree. I pretty much landed on my face, couple little bleeding scratches on my chin. I broke my visor too.

I got to my feet and knew there was something wrong with my finger but it didn't hurt. i grabbed it and it was super crooked so either broken or seriously dislocated. i gave it a good hard pull and POP!! A loud noise confirmed that it was dislocated. i actuated it a couple times and it seemed ok (all with gloves on) so i was hoping it wasn't broken too. i gathered myself, dusted off the snow, grabbed my bike and tried to get to a spot where i could remount. that's about the time when the pain set in.

that sucker started hurting. I limped home doing middle finger braking for the remaining 4-5 miles. Now my finger is HUGE! like super swollen multi-colored sausage.

Hope it heals fast, I've got a ride in the morning...
    Now that's why others look at us like we're nuts.

Hope it's not broken but damn that must hurt popping it back in.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Now that's why others look at us like we're nuts.

Hope it's not broken but damn that must hurt popping it back in.
    I consulted my single speeders trailside medical book before taking any action. it clearly stated "Re-align body part as close as possible to the original position. Grab and pull. Carry on."
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

I consulted my single speeders trailside medical book before taking any action. it clearly stated "Re-align body part as close as possible to the original position. Grab and pull. Carry on."
    You're like Chuck Norris.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Doctors are so over rated. I can fix it myself, like this guy.

We've officially run out of things to talk about-toilet-diy.jpg
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

nvphatty
    toobless vs toobs is a sound discussion, what say you onespeed?

Funny you mentioned this. I just installed two new tubes and two new tires and a new chain. I'm ready to come out of biking retirement. It's been months.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    toobless vs toobs is a sound discussion, what say you onespeed?
    once upon a time i used a tube. i crashed into many trees. i then decided to banish all tubes. I still run into trees.

moral of the story? tubeless is better.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Wanna ride bikes?
    I'm ready to come out of biking hibernation. It's been months.
    why do you stop riding?!?! get fat, get awesome!
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

nvphatty
    once upon a time i used a tube. i crashed into many trees. i then decided to banish all tubes. I still run into trees.

moral of the story? tubeless is better.
    ahh the ol blame the tube for crashing eh...i forsee an alternate moral to this story.

Pipe Dreamer
    He's stuck in whatever year his bike came out, a fatbike will never happen. You know how you see old people wearing clothes from like 20-30 years ago because they refuse to accept anything new, it's like that.

< for DJim.

Wanna ride bikes?
    here, like my finger. fat and awesome, and a little purple (bonus).

We've officially run out of things to talk about-purple.jpg

We've officially run out of things to talk about-fat-finger.jpg
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

He's stuck in whatever year his bike came out, a fatbike will never happen. You know how you see old people wearing clothes from like 20-30 years ago because they refuse to accept anything new, it's like that.

< for DJim.
    Right! Just like that.

Onespeed, to answer your question I just stopped. No explanation, I've been mountain biking since 1991. I took a break here and there the last couple of years. This last break was the longest ever. I've got Tuesday and Wednesday off of this week with great weather, hopefully. Colorado Front Range is awesome most of the time, especially in the spring. Hopefully the forecast holds. I know once I hit the dirt again it's on. I'll be addicted again. I hate crowds and rarely ride weekends because of it. My job allows for some mid week all day rides. That's my thing, out in the mountains, by myself shredding and taking in the solitude of what this sport was born on.

I'll post up vids soon when it happens.

nvphatty

I'll post up vids soon when it happens.
    that's not necessary..

I Ride Bikes
    Hey, Im dropping in to say wassup!

Hows all the OG OC folks?

I also want to say hi to all the new ones as well.
    The landscape has changed mightily in the greatest section of MTBR.

Got me a new bike since the last time I talked to you folks. The Evil Wreckoning. Its awesome! I took it out to the trails for the first time today.

We've officially run out of things to talk about-17191957_1793312624326733_9008822815933069501_o.jpg
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post

Got me a new bike since the last time I talked to you folks. The Evil Wreckoning. Its awesome! I took it out to the trails for the first time today.
    good to see ya stop by mate.

Yes Maz, nice to hear from you. Congrats on the new ride.

Cycologist
    I think it's obvious, DJ is too busy on this site to ride. I have to admit, I've gotten a late start on a ride or two myself.

Cycologist
    Doctors are so over rated. I can fix it myself, like this guy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toilet DIY.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	1124876
    It's a little scary that doctors aren't that far from that in a lot of cases.

Cycologist
    So you probably saw my ride report in Did you ride today. I carried one bottle on the bike and one in my jersey (that was annoying) and with it being in the mid 60s, mostly overcast, wind gusts in access of 60mph (per the news this morning) and sprinkling a bit, I only drank about a half bottle.

Onespeed, yeah, that's about how my finger looked. My dislocation was kinda weird, it wasn't sticky out in an odd direction, it was pulled out and sitting next to where it should have been but still parallel to the direction it is supposed to be. I just kind of reactively grabbed it and pulled it back into position. I ended up going to the ER that evening as it had swollen and when I checked online they said it warranted an ER visit. But I think I sat around waiting a long time and then laid around on a gurney for even longer and then saw a doctor for all of 30 seconds and they just taped it to the neighboring finger to stabilize it and said to keep it that way for awhile.

Wanna ride bikes?

Onespeed, yeah, that's about how my finger looked. My dislocation was kinda weird, it wasn't sticky out in an odd direction, it was pulled out and sitting next to where it should have been but still parallel to the direction it is supposed to be. I just kind of reactively grabbed it and pulled it back into position. I ended up going to the ER that evening as it had swollen and when I checked online they said it warranted an ER visit. But I think I sat around waiting a long time and then laid around on a gurney for even longer and then saw a doctor for all of 30 seconds and they just taped it to the neighboring finger to stabilize it and said to keep it that way for awhile.
    nice. instead of taping it i decided to do 40 miles on my cross bike today. I hammered hills for a few hours, it was sweet. still using the middle finger for braking as my index finger is so swollen i couldn't bend it if i wanted. it actually feels pretty good unless i bump it or something. I'm sure it'll be fine, just needs a little time to heal. for now i'm enjoying the multiple shades of purple. it's evolving like a Kaleidoscope.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Pipe Dreamer
    No x-ray, Onespeed?

Pipe Dreamer

Name:	17191957_1793312624326733_9008822815933069501_o.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	1125044
    Get after it, Maz!

Love the blue, it's gotta be your favorite color too.

Wanna ride bikes?
    No x-ray, Onespeed?
    nah, I've broken enough stuff to know when something is wrong. it's fine, it really doesn't hurt much. I ice it a few times a day.

I'll be doing faceplants again in no time.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Pipe Dreamer
    Yeah, I shot a nail through my finger with the framing nailer, went right through the knuckle. The boss's wife made me go have it looked at and it was indeed broken. They gave me one of those aluminum braces, and no pain meds. What a waste of time.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Yeah, I shot a nail through my finger with the framing nailer, went right through the knuckle. The boss's wife made me go have it looked at and it was indeed broken. They gave me one of those aluminum braces, and no pain meds. What a waste of time.
    two years ago they sent me home from the ER after this.

We've officially run out of things to talk about-4444.jpg

9 days later it looked like this

We've officially run out of things to talk about-img_2205.jpg

9 months later it required a second surgery. but now it's good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We've officially run out of things to talk about-4444.jpg  

Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Here, diagonally!
    I got a paper cut the other day. Stung like a sumbich.
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Is it blue on one side and white on the other or did you buy two of whatever that is?

We've officially run out of things to talk about

Have we talked about arm chairs yet?

Why are some chairs arm deficient, yet others are arm abundant?

Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-06-2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: We've officially run out of things to talk about

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKL View Post
    I got a paper cut the other day. Stung like a sumbich.
    that's unfortunate, i'm sorry to hear that.

Have we talked about arm chairs yet?

Why are some chairs arm deficient, yet others are arm abundant?
    rocking chairs are where it's at.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

rocking chairs are where it's at.

Not to take away from JACKL's paper cut but I'm more into a comfy recliner with a footrest that pops out. I had a nice special ordered dark maroon leather one that cost me $900. Fell on hard times and my X threw it on Craigslist 6 months after I purchased it, we had too much furniture as it was. That was my Al Bundy chair.

Here, diagonally!
    That chair would make anyone limp-wristed.

I'm trying to get the top 2 spots on the OC main screen if even for a brief moment. However I don't want to post unless I have something important to say, like the above. Not easy. I might try jotting down a few important thoughts, then quickly posting them in 2 separate topics. But the topics keep changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Is it blue on one side and white on the other or did you buy two of whatever that is?

Rabid Lana Fan
    I like that chair, DJ!

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKL View Post
    That chair would make anyone limp-wristed.

I'm trying to get the top 2 spots on the OC main screen if even for a brief moment. However I don't want to post unless I have something important to say, like the above. Not easy. I might try jotting down a few important thoughts, then quickly posting them in 2 separate topics. But the topics keep changing.
    Ok, good luck with that. Hope some a$$holes doesn't come around and screw that up for you.

Pipe Dreamer
    two years ago they sent me home from the ER after this...

...9 days later it looked like this
    You had to just hang out with a broken collarbone for 9 days?

Pipe Dreamer
    I'm more into a comfy recliner with a footrest that pops out.
    But that takes all the challenge out of watching tv!

We've officially run out of things to talk about-recline-copy3.jpg

Rabid Lana Fan
    The 8" travel la-z-boy kills!

Wanna ride bikes?
    You had to just hang out with a broken collarbone for 9 days?
    no, i rode a stationary trainer with one arm twice. it actually stopped hurting after day 5-6.

really though, yeah. it took 4-5 days before i could get an appointment with an Ortho, then another 4-5 days till i could get in for surgery. fun huh?
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

I like that chair, DJ!

Thanks Lana.

I Ride Bikes
    thanks dude! how you been?

I Ride Bikes
    Wassup DJ! I hope you are enjoying your trails!

I Ride Bikes

thanks man! how you been?

I Ride Bikes
    Get after it, Maz!

Love the blue, it's gotta be your favorite color too.

I love blue....its that obvious right? lol.

nvphatty
    thanks man! how you been?
    just right!! hangin here with DJ and his kids.

Maaaaan
    All of you be quiet! It's bed time!
    If I have to come in here one, more, time...
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGweed View Post
    What do we do now?
    Take off your pants and jacket.

Pipe Dreamer
    I love blue....its that obvious right? lol.
    We've officially run out of things to talk about-maz-4.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I will fap this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Rabid Lana Fan

Name:	maz 4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	1125479
    Nice!

Pipe Dreamer
    Nice!
    Thanks! Maz supplied a great image to work with!

I hope he doesn't mind the title.

Wanna ride bikes?

I'm giving you the finger

so my finger doesn't feel awesome. i finally caved and went to get an x-ray. sure enough, i hurt my bones.

We've officially run out of things to talk about-finger-1.jpg

now i have to go see a bone guy, and wear a stupid splint. yay
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

so my finger doesn't feel awesome. i finally caved and went to get an x-ray. sure enough, i hurt my bones.

Name:	finger 1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	1126254

now i have to go see a bone guy, and wear a stupid splint. yay
    So Chuck Norris you're not.
    Disappointing but glad to see you [hopefully] caught it before more damage was done.

Wanna ride bikes?
    So Chuck Norris you're not.
    IDK, i would have liked to see an x-ray of it before i pulled it back into place. that would have been cool.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

I Ride Bikes

Name:	maz 4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	1125479

thanks man! This reminds me of a popular helicoptor tour here, Blue Hawaiian.

Pipe Dreamer
    thanks man! This reminds me of a popular helicoptor tour here, Blue Hawaiian.
    It was fun to make, and it's a rad pic!

After I made it I thought to myself; I shoulda used the Hawaiian Punch font!

You've probably noticed the OC is a bit different these days, it's been goin through some changes. The cool kids are posting ride reports in this thread now: http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/did-y...ay-988566.html

Rabid Lana Fan

Wanna ride bikes?
    ^ Net wins random post of the day!
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Rabid Lana Fan
    Because Shimano changed up their Hollowtech cups on the newer stuff, and the BBT-19 doesn't fit them.

Rabid Lana Fan
    You gotta love ever-changing standards.....if you manufacture and sell bike tools.

Pipe Dreamer
    I have no idea why Net would need a new BB tool...

You gotta love ever-changing standards.....if you manufacture and sell bike tools.
    Job security.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Job security.
    I wonder how many bike industry people you've made homeless?

I wonder how many bike industry people you've made homeless?
    Lol
    My mission almost complete.