Using drones to enforce social distance- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Using drones to enforce social distance

Several of my Tri-State friends were posting multiple (up to 37) drones flying around their neighborhood to Facebook, which were all subsequently taken down by...AI. Wasn't sure what to make of it until one of them posted some news footage.

https://youtu.be/Vp-DYPhZSQM

Pretty bizarre. It states on the news piece that 22 states have purchased them. Personally I feel this is a dangerous precedent. Thoughts?

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Think itís a good move.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thoughts?

#4 birdshot while wearing a mask and eye protection

Up In Smoke
    I'm about a mile from an airport as the crow flies, not sure these will be in use in my neighborhood but I don't have any objections. Tired of feeling like a dick telling people to back the f off!!

No known cure
    No need for them here. Everything is pretty much open and everyone is out and about. Traffic on all the freeways is back to pre panic conditions.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

One ring to mash them all
    Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.
    "Thousands of you may dieÖit is what it is." - Lord Farkwad

Real eyes realize real lies.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
    Thoughts?

#4 birdshot while wearing a mask and eye protection
    #6 for more for improved stopping power. We donít want any limping away missing a blade or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm not a fan of any surveillance even to enforce generally good orders.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    I'm not a fan of any surveillance even to enforce generally good orders.
    Nor am I. Even though drones with cameras and facial recognition software are possible and feasible, that's starting to dive into dystopian police state shit that we need to stay away from.

Want to enforce stay-at-home orders? Send out patrols physically checking up on trouble spots. Have them tell people in person to socially distance. They don't comply? Well, law enforcement has options available to them at that point depending on the scenario.

mtbr member
    Do they use the drones like cattle dogs and haze people this way and that?
    Western Montana

mtbr member
    Round and round we go

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    #6 for more for improved stopping power. We donít want any limping away missing a blade or two.
    You've got that backwards. #6 is what I use for dove or squirrel, #4 for ducks, #2 for ducks and sometimes geese.

I've been looking for a reason to use my .22!
    dang

Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    You've got that backwards. #6 is what I use for dove or squirrel, #4 for ducks, #2 for ducks and sometimes geese.

I've been looking for a reason to use my .22!
    Ahhh...youíre right. Itís been years since I hunted. We used #6 for pheasant, #4 for ducks and .00 for geese. .22 Mag. was for squirrel and rabbits.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    So they ID you with facial recognition and then send you a summons? Or issue a warrant?
    Seems like a tall order for the cops in my town. The only drones I ever see are operated by nerds or kids. I actually wouldnít mind playing with one. Iíd like one with a go pro that would follow about 4 feet behind me hauling ass down singletrack.
    Western Montana

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghood View Post
    So they ID you with facial recognition and then send you a summons? Or issue a warrant?
    Seems like a tall order for the cops in my town. The only drones I ever see are operated by nerds or kids. I actually wouldnít mind playing with one. Iíd like one with a go pro that would follow about 4 feet behind me hauling ass down singletrack.
    From what I understand, maybe wrong, the canít issue summons or do anything other than verbally give you direction. Freeze, drop the gun, stay 6 feet apart, etc. Obviously they can/will send real police if needed. They can also locate the source and location of noises like gunshots using triangulation. So probably not a good idea to shoot it down unless you already have nothing to loose
    Round and round we go

always licking the glass
    This scares the f out of me. Very dangerous precedent.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Here in our area, they also use drone to call the attention of people who are outside. They are requesting to go back home and stay inside for everyone's safety. It actually helps and I must say, people here are obeying the government.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Sounds like the start of the Hunger Games to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    I always draw blank looks when I use that line but thankfully others use it too.

Not a fan of drone surveillance.
    Anyone remember reports of unidentified drone swarms out west at the beginning of the year? Probably not related
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    This is ridiculous, out of line and over stepping! Whoever accepts this and thinks its ok has issues, unless you are in the camp of authoritarian rule and police state, well then here ya go, enjoy your new normal...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Think itís a good move.

Joking I hope.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Wow...I watched the OP's link; I find it disturbing. The notion that 'they save lives, so we need them' is essentially a step closer to infringement of privacy in my opinion. And, don't believe for one second that they are not collecting data with them.

I ride with headphones so I wouldn't hear their annoying aural warnings and how can they get a positive ID with my face mask?

Word...fight the power, beotches.
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

poser Administrator
    I have been eating a lot of beans. When you hear a droning sound coming from me, that is my social distancing warning.

What was this about again?
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I have been eating a lot of beans. When you hear a droning sound coming from me, that is my social distancing warning.

What was this about again?
    Be careful out there. Think drones have odor sensing capability
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Joking I hope.
    Nope
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Nope

Wow, didn't expect that.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Wow, didn't expect that.
    If drones are allowed to issue tickets of shoot at you then yeah, thatís a problem. Thatís not the case and the way I see it another useful tool police can use to keep us safe while keeping them safe too. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    . If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about
    lol. people want to know how we lose rights, here it is, summed up in one sentence

mtbr member
    If drones are allowed to issue tickets of shoot at you then yeah, thatís a problem. Thatís not the case and the way I see it another useful tool police can use to keep us safe while keeping them safe too. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about

We're all entitled to our opinions but that one scares the $hit out of me.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    I once hit a drone with a baseball. Knocked that sucker To the ground. Yes!

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Nor am I. Even though drones with cameras and facial recognition software are possible and feasible, that's starting to dive into dystopian police state shit that we need to stay away from.

Want to enforce stay-at-home orders? Send out patrols physically checking up on trouble spots. Have them tell people in person to socially distance. They don't comply? Well, law enforcement has options available to them at that point depending on the scenario.
    Whart's law enforcement going to do? Nothing. Here, they're releasing criminals and early on, issuing unconstitutional tickets that hold no water. The cities are filling in the skateparks and the kids turned them into moto tracks. LE isn't enforcing anything around here. Masks, distancing...nothing. Luckily everyone is self policing.

mtbr member
    We're all entitled to our opinions but that one scares the $hit out of me.
    People are always afraid of all sorts of new tech/change.
    I see it will be a tough crowd and I appear to be the only one not concerned about em.
    Can think of a few examples of where they have helped, canít think of any where they havenít. Can also point to many examples of regular ppl using them or crashing them that Iím more concerned about.
    Round and round we go

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb85 View Post
    This is ridiculous, out of line and over stepping! Whoever accepts this and thinks its ok has issues, unless you are in the camp of authoritarian rule and police state, well then here ya go, enjoy your new normal...
    Some people can't make it through life without being handheld.

mtbr member
    People are always afraid of all sorts of new tech/change.
    I see it will be a tough crowd and I appear to be the only one not concerned about em.
    Can think of a few examples of where they have helped, canít think of any where they havenít. Can also point to many examples of regular ppl using them or crashing them that Iím more concerned about.

Not just unconcerned but supportive. Where does it end? Are you ok with surveillance inside your home? After all you've got nothing to hide.
    I brake for stinkbugs

Meatbomb
    I took out a neighbors kids drone with a baseball... He has yet to come to claim it. Got tired of him flying it over my back yard. so I took it out. I know he knows where it is,

mtbr member
    Not just unconcerned but supportive. Where does it end? Are you ok with surveillance inside your home? After all you've got nothing to hide.
    No Iím not ok with that. Nothing to hide? You have no idea what I have going on up in here. Seriously tho, get your point, and itís a valid one.
    Drone surveillance is inevitable, and big brother is watching
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about
    I know of no point in time for any population that this was true.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    I know of no point in time for any population that this was true.

Itís a brave new word of red light cameras, speed cameras, and all other types of surveillance where that is true. Liking it or rejecting it is a separate issue
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Itís complicated. When selfish acts of others put public health at risk, and temporary social distancing is only effective means to slow pandemic, it makes police surveillance drones perhaps have life saving value.

At the same time, there is a very real danger here. Both aspects need to be kept in mind.

When fighting any disease, interventions are sometimes dramatic and rife with danger (open heart surgery) and must be measured against the risk of not intervening or doing so by different means.

I just wonder if LE has really done an adequate job of identifying other means before turning to dangerous alternatives. Have they done the legwork to identify hot spots, trouble areas, and targeted presence and enforcement in those areas? Are they just turning to drones because thatís easier? Thats like the problem of unnecessary surgery. Its motivation is not based on what is best.

Iíve always thought for example they donít use social media proliferation to their advantage. Like for example, some local trails have problems with violations of leash laws, alcohol use, and littering at very easily identifiable areas. If LE on variable occasions showed up and actually enforced those with citations, word would quickly spread and people would no longer see these areas as safe havens.

mtbr member
    Who needs privacy when weíve got bread and circuses?
    Western Montana

mtbr member
    Itís a brave new word of red light cameras, speed cameras, and all other types of surveillance
    And they've all malfunctioned, have been deliberately manipulated for a desired outcome, or outright used for nefarious purposes knowingly violating law abiding citizens rights.

And they've all malfunctioned, have been deliberately manipulated for a desired outcome, or outright used for nefarious purposes knowingly violating law abiding citizens rights.
    Or income, as the case may be.

mtbr member

Cars and planes malfunction too. Doesnít mean theyíre bad and we get rid of them. Speaking of cars. Go back and read old newspaper articles on the fear of the coming cars. Even in cities with piles of horse shit everywhere.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Unfortunately think revenue more often the motivation.
    In my area they installed speed cameras at all local schools. Cost around 4 million. Within 6 months it raised 6 million in revenue. People made a stink all over the place and it was decided to have them removed at a cost of 3 million. Net results was a loss to the town, and people continue to speed past the schools. One of the school put up a fake camera, which has largely worked to stop jackwads from speeding. Now thereís a law suit against the school for installing the fake camera without proper permits.
    Too many lawyers, too much paranoid self righteous bs going on, not enough common sense for a common good
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Is there any right you are not happy to give away with the promise of security from the state?

Bikesexual
    Aren't we already under surveillance? Many cities all over the world have cameras on every corner.

The reason why those measures have to be taken, is due to idiots that don't follow common sense, and are selfish morons.

I don't want my privacy to be taken anymore than any of you, but it's already happening.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

CEO Product Failure
    I'm for it and its a good use of technology to combat a lack of common sense. In fact, I wish they had these in our neighborhood. I do not see it as an invasion of privacy. There is nothing I would do outside that I consider private: bbq? washing the car? working on the bike? sipping a beer in a lawn chair? Not sure what rights I'd be giving up by allowing a drone to fly nearby. Perhaps they're after the family's secret brisket rub??

mtbr member
    Yes, awesome!

Name:  Drones_backyard-smith.edu_.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  40.2 KB

Can't wait till they're in my neighborhood!

I brake for stinkbugs

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    Perhaps they're after the family's secret brisket rub??
    Could you imagine what would happen if that brisket rub that garners you no profit was made public? That would ruin you!

I, for one, will be embracing the presence of RoboCop.
    dang

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    I'm for it and its a good use of technology to combat a lack of common sense. In fact, I wish they had these in our neighborhood. I do not see it as an invasion of privacy. There is nothing I would do outside that I consider private: bbq? washing the car? working on the bike? sipping a beer in a lawn chair? Not sure what rights I'd be giving up by allowing a drone to fly nearby. Perhaps they're after the family's secret brisket rub??
    May your chains rest lightly, slave.

mtbr member
    Mr. Ben Franklin said it best.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalon2018 View Post
    I once hit a drone with a baseball. Knocked that sucker To the ground. Yes!
    That's awesome!
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I took out a neighbors kids drone with a baseball... He has yet to come to claim it. Got tired of him flying it over my back yard. so I took it out. I know he knows where it is,
    You should go ask him for the controller. Someone may as well use it. LOL

mtbr member
    From what I understand, maybe wrong, the canít issue summons or do anything other than verbally give you direction. Freeze, drop the gun, stay 6 feet apart, etc. Obviously they can/will send real police if needed. They can also locate the source and location of noises like gunshots using triangulation. So probably not a good idea to shoot it down unless you already have nothing to loose
    Water cannon.

High Desert MTBer
    I have no great issue with drones enforcing distancing, but there is a very fine line here. If they were flying over my private property and invading my privacy, then I would be pissed. Same as if a kid was doing the same from close by. I do like to swim buck ass nekkid now and then. However, if they stopped this practice when the pandemic is done, no biggie. I do think tho, that the PDs who are investing in these won't just put 'em on a shelf to gather dust! They'd figure out a way to capitalize on their investment...
    I am far more worried about data gathering from other avenues: Facial recognition, monitoring online feeds, shopping habits, and what you do in the privacy of your home with your smart-vac
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rynomx785 View Post
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
    Round and round we go

No known cure
    Today is field trip day. My neighbor and I had to get off the mountain. We dicided to go to the ghetto HD in Berdoo. It looks like a zombie apocalypse down here. No cops to be seen and I'm armed like I Am Legend and with a self made mask. Tons of construction projects going on though. Weather is a perfect 73*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Using drones to enforce social distance-20200422_101839.jpg  

mtbr member
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
    Letting the government "protect" you by giving them the ability to easily invade your privacy is definitely a foolish thing to be okay with.

mtbr member
    Letting the government "protect" you by giving them the ability to easily invade your privacy is definitely a foolish thing to be okay with.
    Agreed
    They already have that ability, and without the financial means or connections you may be railroaded. Drones do none of that. Could argue that a droneís video could cut through much of that and get to the truth.
    No doubt drones invasion on privacy a slippery slope.
    Round and round we go

No known cure
    Agreed
    They already have that ability, and without the financial means or connections you may be railroaded. Drones do none of that. Could argue that a droneís video could cut through much of that and get to the truth.
    No doubt drones invasion on privacy a slippery slope.
    Well, theres a light post for everyone who believes they're in power.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about
    This sounds like a standard soundbite from any police/government announcement.
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Well, theres a light post for everyone who believes they're in power.
    Not sure what you mean by that. A lil less vague could help
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    This sounds like a standard soundbite from any police/government announcement.
    You figured me out, Yo
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    May your chains rest lightly, slave.

When opposing political ideologies collide.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Social distancing drones with cattle prods? "Keep moving, nebbish!"
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    Round and round we go

Dirty Old Man
    So you're comfortable with police just randomly dropping in on you in your backyard to make sure you're not doing anything they don't approve of? Papers Please.
    . . . . . . . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scatterbrained View Post
    So you're comfortable with police just randomly dropping in on you in your backyard to make sure you're not doing anything they don't approve of? Papers Please.
    Yup
    Round and round we go

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Aren't we already under surveillance? Many cities all over the world have cameras on every corner.

The reason why those measures have to be taken, is due to idiots that don't follow common sense, and are selfish morons.

I don't want my privacy to be taken anymore than any of you, but it's already happening.
    Yep. Just read how many crimes on the street are caught because a store's outdoor security camera footage is used to ID the perp. As long as they aren't on private property, probably not a bad thing for the most part. And now some of the home security systems are allowing police to use their recordings.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Soon, every city in the U.S. will be like London, totally covered by CCTV.
    Just call me Ray

Pipe Dreamer
    Big Brother drones.
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Bikesexual
    Soon, every city in the U.S. will be like London, totally covered by CCTV.
    I was going to use London as an example.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    The big Homeland Security drones break down too. A guy I know weeks out a living in part by diving in golf course lakes and ponds to recover errant golf balls. Well, once he was down there in all that such shit mired gloom and he bumped into something quite a bit larger. He got it to shore, it was a square four blade drone around 3' square. Big. With all kinds of stuff on it. Also, a label: "Property of U.S. Homeland Security". He rinsed the duck slime off it and put it in the back of his truck, as he was done for the day. When he got home, he called the 800-number on the drone, and they said they would be by to pick it up.

They were there within a half hour. Three agents, partial PPA, all strapped, all wearing MIB glasses, none smiling. He gave them the drone, and after a curt thank-you two od them carried it off, while one trailed behind, as if to cover him!

Those guys are idiots with expensive toys and munitions.
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

Garbage in, garbage out?

A fool in time saves nine?

Word....

mtbr member
    The ACLU published their stance on it yesterday.

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    Skeet shooting.
    Do not take anything I post seriously. I don't.

mtbr member
    good luck with those in my neighborhood. I can't fly my toy drone or model airplane without someone trying to take it out.
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

Up In Smoke
    Seems like there may be some job opportunities in the drone piloting business. Or do they only hire people who have experience and can pass a background check?

Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    good luck with those in my neighborhood. I can't fly my toy drone or model airplane without someone trying to take it out.
    Here's your response:

There is not one part of that video that isn't awesome sauce.

banned
    Apr 2010
    I feel sorry for you city folk. Must be tough to not go outside and recreate.
    if it wasn't for going broke, i would be having the time of my life. work a couple of hours in the morning, go riding in the afternoon. either a bike or a snowmobile.
    But my place butts up to national forest, so i can social distance extremely easy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Yep. Just read how many crimes on the street are caught because a store's outdoor security camera footage is used to ID the perp. As long as they aren't on private property, probably not a bad thing for the most part. And now some of the home security systems are allowing police to use their recordings.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they can access recordings from Alexa and similar in-home devices.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they can access recordings from Alexa and similar in-home devices.
    And your phone, tv, computer, etc.
    I'm amazed so many people have a cavalier attitude on this.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Just to nit-pik here, it seems to me that the drones aren't being used to ENFORCE social distancing, but rather to monitor social distance violations.

It would be left to the police deportment to do the actual enforcement....asking crowds to disperse, writing tickets, etc. based on their monitoring activities.

If the drones were swooping in and dropping tear gas on the crowds, that would be the drones actually enforcing.

Maybe that's next?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

This, I would pay to see.

mtbr member
    Contact tracing and quarantining sounds lots more a violation of freedoms than a flying camera
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    This, I would pay to see.

I have a 2m sailplane with what I'm assuming is a bullet hole in the wing. I'll fly it and later that day someone gets on next door saying it's the gov spying on them.

My next door is full of crazies that are worried about planes spraying chem trails, little white airplanes, and drones invading their airspace. There is a municipal airport a few miles away and a bigger airport further down the road. One of the busiest airports in the US I was told. Deer valley airport. Plus we are in the initial approach to sky harbor.

Next door blows up when the f35s from Luke AFB run the canyons north of the house. I think it's awesome.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Android Apps and Google.... Just click that you agree to the terms of service for your free app, then lets complain about Google and their shadowy partners tracing us.

Meanwhile the contagious deadly virus infringes on the freedoms to hit the packed beach, go bowling etc etc etc

mtbr member
    Can any of you fellas produce an armed drone that can battle the spy drones?

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Just to nit-pik here, it seems to me that the drones aren't being used to ENFORCE social distancing, but rather to monitor social distance violations.

It would be left to the police deportment to do the actual enforcement....asking crowds to disperse, writing tickets, etc. based on their monitoring activities.

If the drones were swooping in and dropping tear gas on the crowds, that would be the drones actually enforcing.

Maybe that's next?
    I thought they had laser beams, flame throwers and AK47s?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Can any of you fellas produce an armed drone that can battle the spy drones?
    I could probably rig one up to play Tom Jones tunes.

mtbr member

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I thought they had laser beams, flame throwers and AK47s?
    Those are the enforcement drones.

Next wave, if the monitoring drones don't scare 'em off.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    That WOULD be unusual!

Evolutionsverlierer
    Did I hear Tome Jones?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw7Gryt-rcc
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Avid is spelled wrong, there should be an 'O' in there.

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    My nephew had the cops called on him for 'not social distancing'.

He likes baseball. He is on the local Little League board. Coaches a LL team (with his son). Asst coach local High School team, and plays in an adult league himself. Runs a Fantasy MLB league. (Did I mention he really likes baseball?)
    So, taking advantage of his enforced time off work, he and a couple other coaches/dads went to the ball park to start getting the fields in shape for the resumption of the season.
    Shortly, a police car pulled up and two officers got out. Asked what they were doing, and my nephew explained. Then the officers said they had a complaint from a citizen that a group of people were congregating in the park. Chatted some more, then one of the officers said, it was getting to be a problem with all the tattletales calling the police every time they see two people at the same time. Every complaint must be checked out, even the obviously petty ones. It was taking time away from real police work (like patrolling all the closed businesses and shops for burglaries and vandalism)

It all ended up good, as one of the officers had a son in Little League and was anxious to get playing again. The cops left with a request to keep a low profile while working on the ball fields.

mtbr member
    There is no shortage of people willing to turn in their neighbor to the government

banned
    Jul 2015
    In Kalifornia non social distancing on your own private property canít be infringed upon or questioned. This might be the one and only law that favors a home owner here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Fat View Post
    There is no shortage of people willing to turn in their neighbor to the government
    On a related note...
    Damn, I love America.
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/de-bla...h-obscenities/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Damn, I love America.
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/de-bla...h-obscenities/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Damn straight

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Lots of rats out in society, especially in the cell phone age.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane32 View Post
    In Kalifornia non social distancing on your own private property canít be infringed upon or questioned. This might be the one and only law that favors a home owner here.
    You'd think its the same for in the vehicle, but I've seen stories of people getting pulled over for not social distancing.

May contain nuts
    Today is field trip day. My neighbor and I had to get off the mountain. We dicided to go to the ghetto HD in Berdoo. It looks like a zombie apocalypse down here. No cops to be seen and I'm armed like I Am Legend and with a self made mask. Tons of construction projects going on though. Weather is a perfect 73*
    Is that mask made out of womenís panties? If so; nice work combing fetish and function

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    fetish and function
    Great name for a band.

mtbr member
    Great name for a band.
    I think combing fetish is even beter

Pipe Dreamer
    lol!

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Skynet has become self-aware?
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

Duck Fonald
    Here's your response:

Lol, that's great!
    "It is what it is."

DJT on US Covid-19 deaths.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Here's your response:

That looks like a lot of guys might like to see a league of some sort to play simulated tank/A10 games with. I can't help but be a bit jealous of the ex-golf course they have to play around in. That's really nice.
    Just call me Ray

That looks like a lot of guys might like to see a league of some sort to play simulated tank/A10 games with. I can't help but be a bit jealous of the ex-golf course they have to play around in. That's really nice.
    Here's one where they reinforce a foam board battleship they previously built to hold a person armed with an airsoft mini-gun.

And they fly 2 RC P-47s designed to drop rubber ducky cluster bombs.

Just think of the additional things you could do with a surplus golf course -- MTB trails, pump tracks, RC car race course.

mtbr member
    Road past two abandoned golf courses today and those were the first things I thought about.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Road past two abandoned golf courses today and those were the first things I thought about.
    Trespassing the golf course to ride the pathway

now now

NDD
    mtbr member
    Hmm the golf courses in the park by my house have much more fun topological relief and twisty turns than the bike/walk path... Feeling inspired.
    dang

mtbr member
    Hmm the golf courses in the park by my house have much more fun topological relief and twisty turns than the bike/walk path... Feeling inspired.
    I have ridden on my local golf course a couple time the last week. Just on the cart path but I found a rather cool descent with a fun jump. LOL

When I think of golf courses abandoned in AZ, I picture this quote from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

"[it] was consumed by the desert in a sandstorm which lasted a whole year, wiped clean by the wrath of God."

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I would use anti Borg plasma rifle at 1000 megawatt

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    When I was riding yesterday I noticed a golf course without any sort of fence or chain to block trespassers. It was tempting to take a spin through all 18 holes, but I had to get home for dinner after work.

^My proposal for a new olympic sport is a MTB enduro race with stops to throw 5 discs at a disc golf basket. "Dirtbag biathlon."

NDD
    mtbr member
    I have ridden on my local golf course a couple time the last week. Just on the cart path but I found a rather cool descent with a fun jump. LOL
    Nice. Always tempted to drop into a sand pit, but that might be cruising the line? I dunno, don't like golf, but I try to be nice.
    ^My proposal for a new olympic sport is a MTB enduro race with stops to throw 5 discs at a disc golf basket. "Dirtbag biathlon."
    I'd probably watch it once, like most Olympic sports.
    dang

mtbr member
    Jan 2019

you could do that right now in San Diego, in the dark....
    Just call me Ray

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Fat View Post
    Those are the type of people that would have ratted out Anne Frank.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Nice. Always tempted to drop into a sand pit, but that might be cruising the line? I
    Wouldnt do much of anything, nothing a quick rerake wouldn't fix..... unlike riding on the putting green, or getting a trespassing ticket when the rich homes on the course rats ya out.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    Wouldnt do much of anything, nothing a quick rerake wouldn't fix..... unlike riding on the putting green, or getting a trespassing ticket when the rich homes on the course rats ya out.
    LOL, not trying to ride on the green, but the path for carts would do. I've seen Caddyshack, I know how crazy golfers are about gophers, think what they'd do to a cyclist.
    dang

Pipe Dreamer

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Tree hugger's and granola's would have a field day!

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Ödonít forget about apostrophe abuserís tooís!
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    When I think of golf courses abandoned in AZ, I picture this quote from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

"[it] was consumed by the desert in a sandstorm which lasted a whole year, wiped clean by the wrath of God."
    That happened. The great Phoenix Haboob
    Using drones to enforce social distance-arizona-haboob-chopper-photo-2.jpg

That happened. The great Phoenix Haboob
    I was on a SWA jet trying to leave Sky Harbor when one of those things was approaching. The pilot came on and stopped a few F-bombs short of telling everyone to "take your effing seats, we need to get the F out of here!"

mtbr member
    Nice. Always tempted to drop into a sand pit, but that might be cruising the line? I dunno, don't like golf, but I try to be nice.
    As long as you rake it out after.... lol It would be less harmful than me in it with my pitching wedge wacking away at my golf ball.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The drones would catch you..... meanwhile there are people driving 200 on the highway, and stealing from commercial and industrial areas.

mtbr member
    I always felt that MX bikes and golf courses were made for each other.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Empty pools too

mtbr member
    Empty pools too
    For BMX, sure. I wouldn't want to take a YZF 450 into a pool.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'd always be dreaming of California, but since covid19, dreams on hold for a bit.
    NYC trip, can wait too, for a few years.

mtbr member
    I've got a drone in my trousers....

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    I've got a drone in my trousers....
    Word on the street is that drone has a history of being shot down

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    You got the miniscule NANO drone

mtbr member
    My understanding is they already patrol trails in some countries like Indonesia. Thank you DARPA, can't wait until they convince the public and local law enforcement that we need them here. I know in OR the idea of arming drones has been discussed. One of the prevailing arguments pitched was it could be used to stop timber arson. One must wonder with systems like starlink coming online how long until we start seeing fully autonomous law enforcement. There will literally be nowhere technology can't see you.

I know in OR the idea of arming drones has been discussed.
    Fut the actual WHUCK?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post

Is this something Picard would say or Finch would say?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post

Be sure its a 100 round plasma rifle, for personal protection and hunting purposes of course. Dont want to use skill in aiming, just area blast them, again for personal protection and hunting purposes, you know that amendment they got when it took 8 minutes to load one round.

mtbr member
    Once the surveillance state is here it will not be going away.
    http://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2020...asks-in-parks/

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    isn't this how skynet started?

mtbr member
    Picard you clever mofo