Thread: Ufc 148

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Ufc 148

Anyone watching this tonight?

I hope it has good fights, but I have my expectations pretty low.

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    I stopped ordering the fights. Too much money and more often than not I'm disappointed by results of the fights. UFC 148 is a perfect example. Sonnen talked all that **** and got finished in round 2. Not to mention the illegal knee that was allowed that was the beginning of the end for Sonnen.

I'm glad I watched that one for free.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The knee was to the chest. His thigh hit him in the face. I watch them online for free when I'm not working.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer 64 View Post
    The knee was to the chest. His thigh hit him in the face. I watch them online for free when I'm not working.
    Was it?? It looked square to his face to me. After that knee, Sonnen was DONE. I personally would like to see GSP go up a couple pounds and Silva come down a couple and fight. Best fight in UFC history, IMO.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    GSP and Jones are the only ones who would have a chance against him. Skill wise GSP is better. Jones is built better to hang with him with the long reach like Anderson has

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Knee was to the chest. The Slo-mo showed it perfectly.
    My wife wanted to order it but I didn't want to shell out the money for a fight that might be mediocre. There's free (illegal) online streams if you know what to look for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Knee was to the chest. The Slo-mo showed it perfectly.
    My wife wanted to order it but I didn't want to shell out the money for a fight that might be mediocre. There's free (illegal) online streams if you know what to look for.
    Are they in HD? Feel like messaging me the info? Thanks! I typically order every major boxing/ufc fight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer 64 View Post
    GSP and Jones are the only ones who would have a chance against him. Skill wise GSP is better. Jones is built better to hang with him with the long reach like Anderson has
    Silva is much larger than GSP. GSP walks around at 185 / 195 lbs and cuts weight to make WW at 170lbs. I am not sure what Silva's normal weight is but he has to cut a little to make his occasional LHW appearances at 205lbs. GSP has repeatedly stated that he would need to take a year off from fighting in order to bulk up enough to fight at 185 and do it in a fashion that wouldn't effect his speed and stamina. Silva would have a very hard time cutting down to a catch weight of 180lbs leaving him very weak for the night of the fight.

The only viable super fight at this point is Silva vs Jones. But Jones would have a big size advantage in that fight, but Silva's skill and technique could level the size advantage.

Last nights card was pretty weak, but the $50 was worth seeing the Spider shut up Sonnen. Silva clearly rocked Sonned with two solid shots before Sonnens desperate spinning back fist. Sonnen didn't trip, he was rocked and trying to pull some magic out his ass and pretty much done for before he feel. That knee to the chest and GnP was just the cu de gra.

I think the ref made the right call stopping it when he did, but I would have liked to see it go on for 10 or 20 seconds more so that Sonnen got the full beating he deserved.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses View Post
    Are they in HD? Feel like messaging me the info? Thanks! I typically order every major boxing/ufc fight.
    Not HD. But who's to complain when it's free

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Definitely didn't pay for this, but watched it. Huge fan of streaming anything and everything possible instead of paying for it.

GO SILVA.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    NSWF due to language. But Joey Karate knows all:

Members who have read this thread: 0