The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I didn't do it

The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie

Yup Iím leaving my long time home up here in the Pac NW and moving inland. I have a new job in Logan Utah, which is in the northern part of the state.

Its been an interesting six or seven months. Iíve been job hunting for quite awhile now. And having foot surgery made job hunting and interviewing an adventure at times. But it was time for a change since I hated my old job. I had a $hitty boss and couldnít stand my coworkers Ė I knew it was an odd situation back when I started and man have I ever paid the price. On top of that Iíve had serious disagreements with the direction the project has been taking. When people donít listen to my input then it makes for an exceedingly difficult situation.

Anyhow the new job is looking to be a pretty good gig. Iíll be using some cool technology and working on some interesting stuff. Plus Iíll have more of a leadership roll and have more of a say in how things are done. Plus Iíll be near some pretty epic riding. And of course I canít forget about the greatest snow on earth. Alta here I come! Iíll be looking forward to exploring some new trails and sharing my experiences with yíall.

Iím shipping out tomorrow afternoon. Canít wait to get to Utah and starting the new job.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Rabid Lana Fan
    Exciting times ahead for Mookie!
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    What did you do to the Boss on the way out??..something epic?

tell us you peed on his shoes ...
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Awesome Mook and thanks for dropping a heart stopping bombshell on us.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Exciting times ahead for Mookie!
    I think so! I'm looking forward to the next chapter in things. I've got a pretty good opportunity here.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    What did you do to the Boss on the way out??..something epic?

tell us you peed on his shoes ...
    If only FB, if only. Believe me I wanted to. In fact I think my boss may have expected something from me. His shoes, chairs and doorknobs were all fertile possibilities.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I think so! I'm looking forward to the next chapter in things. I've got a pretty good opportunity here.
    And you waited and waited until we were vulnerable then you dumped the news on us just a day prior to departure. Awesome!

I couldn't have held it in that long.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Congrats Mook!

First order of business before you even move any boxes into your new home (including running to the potty from holding in a piss for hours on end), ESTABLISH YOUR NEW INTERNET CONNECTION so that you will be back on MTBR lickity-split.

BTW, how much travel time involved here?

banned
    Sep 2012
    Cool! Move forward and only look back at memories rather than 'shoulda, coulda, woulda.'

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Awesome Mook and thanks for dropping a heart stopping bombshell on us.
    I was going to say something earlier but I kept getting sidetracked with moving stuff. I had some winding down to do at the old job. Plus I had a bunch of packing/cleaning to do. Moving sucks man!!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

banned
    Sep 2012
    I was going to say something earlier but I kept getting sidetracked with moving stuff. I had some winding down to do at the old job. Plus I had a bunch of packing/cleaning to do. Moving sucks man!!
    Amen.. We got rid of so much furniture that we don't have anywhere to unpack a lot things into yet. It's a long process, even after the actual move!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Congrats Mook!

First order of business before you even move any boxes into your new home (including running to the potty from holding in a piss for hours on end), ESTABLISH YOUR NEW INTERNET CONNECTION so that you will be back on MTBR lickity-split.

About a 11 to 12 hour drive.

Pipe Dreamer
    Good luck, Mookie!! Sounds like a great opportunity!
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

I didn't do it
    Congrats Mook!

Thanks Hawg. I've already got internet signed up for next tuesday! Hell I couldn't go for more than a day without cable/internet. I wouldn't want to miss out on any poop reports after all.

I could actually get there in 1 super long day or 2 shorter ones but I'm going to be on the road for 3. I'll be leaving late in the afternoon tomorrow so that will be a short day. Then I'm going to take two medium days to actually roll into Logan since I can't get into my new place until Monday anyhow. I loaded most of my stuff onto a truck (well except the bike stuff which is travelling with me) so for the most part it's just road trippin'.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Amen.. We got rid of so much furniture that we don't have anywhere to unpack a lot things into yet. It's a long process, even after the actual move!
    Yeah, I'm not looking forward to unpacking to tell you the truth. I'll prioritize and get the important stuff unpacked first then go from there.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Thanks Hawg. I've already got internet signed up for next tuesday! Hell I couldn't go for more than a day without cable/internet. I wouldn't want to miss out on any poop reports after all.

I could actually get there in 1 super long day or 2 shorter ones but I'm going to be on the road for 3. I'll be leaving late in the afternoon tomorrow so that will be a short day. Then I'm going to take two medium days to actually roll into Logan since I can't get into my new place until Monday anyhow. I loaded most of my stuff onto a truck (well except the bike stuff which is travelling with me) so for the most part it's just road trippin'.
    Take pics and share details along the way at your stop overs.

What about poor Brandi???

So was my estimate of 11 to 12 hour drive accurate.

Sounds like an awesome road trip taking your time. I wish I did that when I traveled and moved from San Diego to Colorado.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Good luck, Mookie!! Sounds like a great opportunity!
    Thanks Corn. I'm really looking forward to the change. Its always a little nervous at first but I think I'm going to actually like going to work again.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    So was my estimate of 11 to 12 hour drive accurate.
    I think its more of a 14-15 hr drive but I'm slow.

Although that estimate is for Seattle to Salt Lake City, Logan is significantly closer so maybe around 12-13? Plus I'm going to have to stop in Boise to stock up on beer before I reach Utah.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Pipe Dreamer
    Thanks Corn. I'm really looking forward to the change. Its always a little nervous at first but I think I'm going to actually like going to work again.
    Don't forget about sunny days and Mormon girls
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

9 lives
    "Making a big life change can be scary but know what even scarier? Regret"

Congrats on beginning a new chapter
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I think its more of a 14-15 hr drive but I'm slow.

Although that estimate is for Seattle to Salt Lake City, Logan is significantly closer so maybe around 12-13? Plus I'm going to have to stop in Boise to stock up on beer before I reach Utah.
    Is Utah a dry state?

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Cool! Move forward and only look back at memories rather than 'shoulda, coulda, woulda.'
    Definitely Gordo! Definitely moving forward on this one.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Take pics and share details along the way at your stop overs.

What about poor Brandi???
    Lol, I've been thinking about her lately. I haven't even told her of my plans. She's going to be pissed!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Logan, Utah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like a great place! Mook, would you happen to have a spare room in case my wife throws me out?

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Lol, I've been thinking about her lately. I haven't even told her of my plans. She's going to be pissed!
    Oh gosh, you're gonna up and leave her w/o saying goodbye?

Looks like a great place! Mook, would you happen to have a spare room in case my wife throws me out?

They have aquariums in Utah?

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Congrats Mookie!!!!! It'll be a lot shorter of a drive for next year's rOCtoberfest.
    This really isn't one of those "have to leave town" situations because Brandi's hubby came home early one night from work is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    Congrats Mookie!!!!! It'll be a lot shorter of a drive for next year's rOCtoberfest.
    This really isn't one of those "have to leave town" situations because Brandi's hubby came home early one night from work is it?
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Don't forget about sunny days and Mormon girls
    I'm actually looking forward to both. I can definitely go for a few more days of sun. Its raining cats and dogs today and the power even went out for a couple hours.

Now about those Mormon gals...
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    lol, I hadn't thought of that!

But if she broken hearted, I may have to purchase a ticket to Seattle so that I can "comfort " her.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    "Making a big life change can be scary but know what even scarier? Regret"

Congrats on beginning a new chapter
    Thanks 'licious!

That's a great quote and it really does sum up my feelings on starting anew. I'm very comfortable where I am but this new opportunity is for the better.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I'm actually looking forward to both. I can definitely go for a few more days of sun. Its raining cats and dogs today and the power even went out for a couple hours.

Now about those Mormon gals...
    You're moving to an area of opposite weather to the extreme and don't forget, the backdoor is an open option there in Utah.

In fact, once you get settled in, you may consider changing your user name to "BackdoorMan".

You're moving to an area of opposite weather to the extreme and don't forget, the backdoor is an open option there in Utah (where the girls are concerned) .
    Oh jeez this ones headed for the next up and coming SO4.

Meatbomb
    Is Utah a dry state?
    3.2 Beer SUCKS !!!!!!

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    3.2 Beer SUCKS !!!!!!
    Not if you love the taste of beer. heck, you could power three 12 packs and still maybe pass a sobriety test.

3.2 Beer SUCKS !!!!!!
    They still have that. Colorado did away with it many years ago. It's great for the 18 to 20 year old crowd. We were hitting 3.2 bars at age 18 and having the time of our lives.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Oh jeez this ones headed for the next up and coming SO4.
    Hope so!

I didn't do it
    Is Utah a dry state?
    Its not dry but you can't buy full strength beer in grocery stores. You can buy regular beer in the state run liquor stores but its warm and costs an arm and a leg. Luckily Logan is close enough to Preston Idaho that I can stop there a stock up after a day of riding up in Idaho land.

Logan is a cool college town with a great outdoor vibe. When I visited I saw that a lot of the cars had mountain bikes attached and roadies were everywhere. Lots of rock climbers, skiers, fishermen and hikers also make it home. There are trails mere minutes from where I would be working.

If you get thrown out no problem, come on over. I have about 3 times the space there than I did in Seattle.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it

They have aquariums in Utah?
    Haven't you heard? Mormons luuuuuv aquariums.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Is Utah a dry state?
    Mostly in the late summer/fall. It rains a little in spring and there's usually some snowfall in Dec-Mar.

I didn't do it
    Thanks WT!

That actually crossed my mind. Seattle was a no go but in Logan, rOCtoberfest could happen.

Happily no, that's not the case. Brandi wasn't married but I think she was shacking up with some sketchy ex marine. I'm looking into seeing if I could get her transferred to Utah. Its a touchy situation right now though. Like I was telling Hawg, I haven't even told her that I'm leaving yet.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    lol, I hadn't thought of that!

But if she broken hearted, I may have to purchase a ticket to Seattle so that I can "comfort " her.
    Do that at your own risk. I have a feeling that she's going to be in a foul mood. Although that could make things interesting?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

banned
    Jun 2007

Re: The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie

Congrats Mookie! Once you hit nearby Snowbasin, and Powder Mountain you may find the pilgrimage to Alta / Snowbird or Brighton / Solitude is best done midweek.

I didn't do it
    You're moving to an area of opposite weather to the extreme and don't forget, the backdoor is an open option there in Utah.

In fact, once you get settled in, you may consider changing your user name to "BackdoorMan".
    Everything will be reverse from what I know now. I mean everything.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Mookster opened up a Can-O-Worms.

You'll be answering questions for months.

I didn't do it
    3.2 Beer SUCKS !!!!!!
    Its an adjustment that's for sure. I drank 3.2 for about 8 years back when I lived in SLC years ago. I tended towards cocktails after awhile and I imagine I'll be honing my bartending skills once again.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    They still have that. Colorado did away with it many years ago. It's great for the 18 to 20 year old crowd. We were hitting 3.2 bars at age 18 and having the time of our lives.
    3.2 ain't going nowhere soon in Utah. They frown upon alcohol there.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Congrats Mookie! Once you hit nearby Snowbasin, and Powder Mountain you may find the pilgrimage to Alta / Snowbird or Brighton / Solitude is best done midweek.
    Thanks Flyin_W! Sounds like you've spent some time in the Beehive state?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

3.2 ain't going nowhere soon in Utah. They frown upon alcohol there.
    As you know the 3.2 bars in Colorado back in the day rocked. Even after we turned 21 we would go to the boring 21 and over bars and later in the night end up hitting the more exciting 3.2 bars.

banned
    Jun 2007

Thanks Flyin_W! Sounds like you've spent some time in the Beehive state?
    10 yrs in Park City, didn't' date any LDS girls, so cannot verify a backdoor policy.

mtbr member
    Good luck! I want to do some more biking and snowboarding, and have been looking at Utah, even for just a visit.

I didn't do it
    10 yrs in Park City, didn't' date any LDS girls, so cannot verify a backdoor policy.
    Cool, I lived in SLC for 8 or 9 yrs. The confluence of biking and skiing is outstanding. I will be enjoying my free time while out there.

Lol, I don't know what the policy is either.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    As you know the 3.2 bars in Colorado back in the day rocked. Even after we turned 21 we would go to the boring 21 and over bars and later in the night end up hitting the more exciting 3.2 bars.
    You're right, they were really something else. There was this big 3.2 bar in Denver, I think it was After the Gold Rush? Man I had some good times in there. Get a bunch of teens full of beer and all hell breaks loose.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by lex_luthor View Post
    Good luck! I want to do some more biking and snowboarding, and have been looking at Utah, even for just a visit.
    Thanks lex. Winter or summer, Utah is an outstanding place to at least visit and play.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Hey Mookie........congrats......btw........I've had some really good double IPA's out of Utah.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    Hey Mookie........congrats......btw........I've had some really good double IPA's out of Utah.
    Thanks norton! That's very encouraging to hear. I do believe that I will have to seek some of these IPAs out. My quest begins soon...
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

****** to the dirt
    congrats mookie. New adventures await, and you can easily hide your past now
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Good luck, Mookie. Hey, you're going to need a fat bike now. Logan is in a canyon and doesn't get a ton of sun in the winter. The snow sticks around a long time. I see you in the fat forum.

You're right, they were really something else. There was this big 3.2 bar in Denver, I think it was After the Gold Rush? Man I had some good times in there. Get a bunch of teens full of beer and all hell breaks loose.
    Mook I can't believe our connection to that time era. Yes The,Gold Rush on Hampton avenue. One of the hot spots back in the day. That whole area was 3.2 nightclubs. Let me regres umm Thirstys, Margaritas, The Rush at Greystone Castle and many more in Denver. Then in Fort Collins it was Fort Ram, The Electric Stampede, Washington's which is still there. The,Library and in Loveland The NiteLight. And in Greeley was The Zoo and too many others to remember. Too many good times
    and carefree experiences.

banned
    Sep 2012
    3.2 Beer SUCKS !!!!!!
    Still better than no beer!

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    congrats mookie. New adventures await, and you can easily hide your past now
    Thanks Deke. Ah yes yet another good reason to start a new chapter. Believe you me I have plenty to hide. Now if only I could erase some of my comments and behavior here in the OC.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Good luck, Mookie. Hey, you're going to need a fat bike now. Logan is in a canyon and doesn't get a ton of sun in the winter. The snow sticks around a long time. I see you in the fat forum.
    Thanks SD. We're practically neighbors and now I'm leaving the 'hood.

Funny you should say that because I am really looking into a fat bike. And as it turns out, there's a lot of rideable terrain up in the canyon that would lend itself to a fatty. When I went out to visit Logan a few weeks ago I saw some guy on a fat bike. I bet that place is crawling with them in the winter.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Mook I can't believe our connection to that time era. Yes The,Gold Rush on Hampton avenue. One of the hot spots back in the day. That whole area was 3.2 nightclubs. Let me regres umm Thirstys, Margaritas, The Rush at Greystone Castle and many more in Denver. Then in Fort Collins it was Fort Ram, The Electric Stampede, Washington's which is still there. The,Library and in Loveland The NiteLight. And in Greeley was The Zoo and too many others to remember. Too many good times
    and carefree experiences.
    Goddam DJ, that's spot on! Dude I've been to virtually all those Denver spots. I've even been to the Zoo (and of course all the Ft Collins spots). That 18 drinking age was wild, wild stuff.

I'm convinced we must have bumped into each other at some point.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Good luck and I hope its everything you want.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Sounds like a really good change for you, Mookie.
    I hope you thrive there.

nvphatty
    one door closes and another opens. live it up mook.

Fart smeller
    Very cool, good luck, Mook!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    Good luck and I hope its everything you want.
    Thanks John. I was really excited after the interview. I thought the job looked even better in person than on paper so I'm looking forward to it.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    Sounds like a really good change for you, Mookie.
    I hope you thrive there.
    Thanks Ray. As much as anything I was ready for a change of pace. The new environs will have a lot of positives. Better job, stellar biking and great skiing. Moab is a nice 5 hr drive south.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    one door closes and another opens. live it up mook.
    Thanks nvphatty. I like that point of view. I think the new door is leading to much better things.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Very cool, good luck, Mook!
    Thanks Finchy. I'm looking forward to it! I'm hittin' the road this afternoon.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Is Katz helping you move? He does own a big, big truck.

Katz doesn't know it yet but his new nickname is BRK.
    Big Rig Katz

I didn't do it
    That crossed my mind. Talk about efficiency!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

That crossed my mind. Talk about efficiency!
    Are you traveling right now?
    12:40 pm mountain time.

I didn't do it
    Are you traveling right now?
    12:40 pm mountain time.
    I'm hitting the road in about an hour. I'm only about 5 hrs behind schedule so in my world that means I'm right on time.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I'm hitting the road in about an hour. I'm only about 5 hrs behind schedule so in my world that means I'm right on time.
    Nice!

Talk about a leisurely pace.
    Drive careful Sir!

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    You slacker!!!

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Keep us posted.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Can we assume that this occurred because of the need for one last Grand Finale with Brandi?

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Can we assume that this occurred because of the need for one last Grand Finale with Brandi?
    Then he would of been only 30 seconds behind schedule.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Not if he popped a handful of little blue pills.

On wuss patrol
    Don't let the door hit ya.

Jk. I hope Utah and your new job are everything you want them to be.

We'll try to miss you here around the Best Coast area.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

I didn't do it
    Nice!

Talk about a leisurely pace.
    Drive careful Sir!
    You slacker!!!
    Lol, I'm trying to change my ways.

I seriously underestimated how much more work I had in front of me. Yikes!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Bwahaha, after a long day of packing, cleaning, donating and running around town topped off with some driving and now I barely have enough energy to laugh my aree off.

I didn't have the heart to break the news to Brandi yet. I'm thinking about texting her and then I'll gauge her reaction to the situation.

It was a long, long day but I rolled into Yakima with no problems. I'm getting settled in and starting relaxation mode. Should I be concerned that the hotel has pink heart shaped vibrating beds?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Not if he popped a handful of little blue pills.
    I left the meds alone, I didn't want to be driving down I-90 at full attention.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    Don't let the door hit ya.

Jk. I hope Utah and your new job are everything you want them to be.

We'll try to miss you here around the Best Coast area.
    Thanks Glide. I have a feeling that's exactly what the old boss was thinking.

There's a lot to miss about the PNW and so it's going to be an adjustment for sure. I'm leaving behind some great scenery, food, friends and not least of all, fantastic riding. One of my first order of business will be exploring the local trails in Utah.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    It was a long, long day but I rolled into Yakima with no problems. I'm getting settled in and starting relaxation mode. Should I be concerned that the hotel has pink heart shaped vibrating beds?
    No, not at all. That'll be a nice way to relax after a stressful day.

I didn't do it
    Heading out on leg 2 now. You should have seen this poor lady as I was pushing my bike through the hotel lobby. She heard me and must have thought there was a rattler on the loose. I have an XTR hub and it ain't that loud.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Heading out on leg 2 now. You should have seen this poor lady as I was pushing my bike through the hotel lobby. She heard me and must have thought there was a rattler on the loose. I have an XTR hub and it ain't that loud.
    And no pics yet? We needs pics Mook!

nvphatty
    are you in uuuuuuutah yet?

banned
    Jun 2007
    Yup, urine hatu.

Heading out on leg 2 now. You should have seen this poor old lady as I was pushing my bike through the hotel lobby. She heard me and must have thought there was a rattler on the loose. I have an XTR hub and it ain't that loud.
    Another late start huh Mook.
    I wonder why....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-01-2014 at 04:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey Mods, now that Mookie has a new internet provider, be on the lookout for the rush of new sock accounts.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Here, Lana can sing us a few songs while we wait for Mookie to show up.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gndCFmyAtTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    I miss MookieÖÖ.

mtbr member
    is he stuck out in a ditch on a snow covered road in bumfuk Nevada that his GPS led him too ??? ****, Hope he's got some food and a candle.
    -Dad

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I'm thinking he pulled into a roadside motel where he had arranged to meet up and spend a little quality time with Brandi, one last time. That's kind sad, actually.

I'm thinking he pulled into a roadside motel where he had arranged to meet up and spend a little quality time with Brandi, one last time. That's kind sad, actually.
    Umm my above post should answer any questions of his recent reason for being tardy to the party.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Umm my above post should answer any questions of his recent reason for being tardy to the party.
    Daaayyammmm, Mookie's HOOKED UP!!!

(I hope you don't get locked out for one month for posting that hot mama picture).

I didn't do it
    And no pics yet? We needs pics Mook!
    I inadvertently packed my camera dagnabbit - its now in a storage locker in Ogden, UT. Too bad because I would have had some interesting pics of super thick fog and rain. Seriously, I think they would have been some interesting pics of challenging driving conditions. I have a crappy old fashioned phone, I might try to get a few picks.

are you in uuuuuuutah yet?
    Yup, urine hatu.
    I'm not quite there yet. I'm in Boise tonight and I pull into Logan tomorrow. Tough driving today. It was heavy rain the whole day. Lots of hydroplaning in canyons and up steep grades. I'm happy to be sipping some cold beer right now.

Another late start huh Mook.
    I wonder why....
    Ha that's not quite the deal.

I miss MookieÖÖ.
    Ah jeez thanks for the thoght WT. I finally made it in one piece. Whew!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Hey Mods, now that Mookie has a new internet provider, be on the lookout for the rush of new sock accounts.
    Dammit SD, I was going to have some extra special fun with my new IP address.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Here, Lana can sing us a few songs while we wait for Mookie to show up.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gndCFmyAtTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    This is the OC version of "on hold" background music. I'm rather enjoying this version.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    is he stuck out in a ditch on a snow covered road in bumfuk Nevada that his GPS led him too ??? ****, Hope he's got some food and a candle.
    I definitely don't want to be that guy. I was driving some desolate stretches today. I wouldn't want to get off course out to the hinter land out here. I even ran into some snow.

I still haven't mustered the will to tell her. In fact she's probably wondering why I haven't called for my usual Saturday appointment. It's going to be awkward!!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Daaayyammmm, Mookie's HOOKED UP!!!

(I hope you don't get locked out for one month for posting that hot mama picture).
    Haha NOT!! I do have standards, as low as they may be.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Cool Mook glad to see you made it through some treacherous conditions. That sucks about packing your camera. I did the same thing when I made the journey from SD to Co. Guess what box I never found, the one with my camera / 2 watches one was $500 and never worn / a silver badass bracelet / a silver and black onyx ring / and some CD's. I've been looking for that box for 2 plus years. I may have left it at my X GF place in SD. She has also searched to no avail.

I didn't do it
    Cool Mook glad to see you made it through some treacherous conditions. That sucks about packing your camera. I did the same thing when I made the journey from SD to Co. Guess what box I never found.the one with my camera / 2 watches 1 was $500 and never worn / a silver badass bracelet / a silver and black onyx ring / and some CD's. I've been looking for that box for 2 plus years. I may have left it at my X GF place in SD. She has also searched to no avail.
    It was a mad dash to get everything packed in the last days. I started out in a fairly orderly fashion but as my deadline got ever closer I just started throwing stuff in the closest box and called it good. At least I know that I'll get it back though. Dang, you lost a lot there old man.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Cool Mook glad to see you made it through some treacherous conditions. That sucks about packing your camera. I did the same thing when I made the journey from SD to Co. Guess what box I never found, the one with my camera / 2 watches one was $500 and never worn / a silver badass bracelet / a silver and black onyx ring / and some CD's. I've been looking for that box for 2 plus years. I may have left it at my X GF place in SD. She has also searched to no avail.
    I sure hope none of those CDs were Sabbath.

mtbr member
    I inadvertently packed my camera
    You should get an iphone6S with a machined case, it has a camera... built-in.
    -Dad

I didn't do it
    It probably has a decent GPS as well.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I sure hope none of those CDs were Sabbath.

It probably has a decent GPS as well.
    I think we may know someone that could scam you one no charge.

nvphatty
    hey now hold the phone there sport!! there's lotsa smallish town in these here parts but ain't nun of um named bumfuk to be sure.

mtbr member
    hey now hold the phone there sport!! there's lotsa smallish town in these here parts but ain't nun of um named bumfuk to be sure.
    That's not wut Facecrook says :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bum**...20832461286684
    -Dad

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Parents lock up your daughters, Mookie should be arriving soon.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I kind of wonder how Mook would do if he opened a whorehouse in Utar. Of course, Brandi would be the house Mother.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    The place would be known asÖ.."The Dugout Club"

GONE
    Nov 2008
    With the main entry around on the backside of the business?

live long and huck
    Not to often I venture out of Hawg's bike thread, so I'm late to the party, as usual. Congratulations Mook! Very exciting stuff!! Grab life right by the throat and shake the piss out of it, good job.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Thanks Glide. I have a feeling that's exactly what the old boss was thinking.

There's a lot to miss about the PNW and so it's going to be an adjustment for sure. I'm leaving behind some great scenery, food, friends and not least of all, fantastic riding. One of my first order of business will be exploring the local trails in Utah.

Hmmm, no mention of Brandi... telling.... Guess halloween was your last night of Trick or Treat, eh?

I didn't do it
    You guys are making me laugh this morning.

I'm heading out on my third leg now. I should be rolling into Logan just in time for church to be letting out. Great, I hit the one rush hour they have up there.

I'll have a few things to say about the above comments tonight after a few 3.2 beers.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I'm heading out on my third leg now. I should be rolling into Logan just in time for church to be letting out. Great, I hit the one rush hour they have up there.

I'll have a few things to say about the above comments tonight after a few 3.2 beers.
    You mean to tell me you didn't stock up on the good stuff before you left.

banned
    Sep 2007

Actually, Utah traffic is usually light on Sundays, church services or not. I find it to be the best day to pass through SLC when trailering. BTW, be careful driving in UT, they don's signal lane changes, they must have some sort of mental telepathy process that you are supposed to know they aren't cutting you off, it's just a routine lane change. Paint some chartruese dayglo on all four corners to help them out to see how close they are cutting it.

live long and huck
    Just watch out for the horse shyt Mook. Oh, wait, that's Amish, non Mormons.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Mookie, don't forget they practice polygamy in Utah............just saying.

live long and huck
    Does that mean that it's ok to masturbate in public parks? Cool!!!

banned
    Sep 2010
    I believe they have updated their marriage laws.....the good old days are gone.
    They still have a tough-love policy on alcohol, though..........

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I highly doubt that this will discourage Mookie on all accounts.

I didn't do it
    That's right, look out Mookie's heeeeere!!

I kind of wonder how Mook would do if he opened a whorehouse in Utar. Of course, Brandi would be the house Mother.
    You know as near as I can determine there's a dearth of brothels around here. Believe me I've looked. But there must be a market for this. You should see the line of cars heading west out of Salt Lake towards NV on a Friday night.

Brandi runs a tight ship. I couldn't think of anybody better to manage such an enterprise. She's got a good head on her shoulders that Brandi does.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Not to often I venture out of Hawg's bike thread, so I'm late to the party, as usual. Congratulations Mook! Very exciting stuff!! Grab life right by the throat and shake the piss out of it, good job.
    Hey thanks Opti! I've got a new position where I can do interesting work that will position me for other opportunities down the road if I choose. I'm ready to dive in and get going big time.

Your own experiences struck a chord with me since I think I was experiencing similar issues that you were at your prior job.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    Hmmm, no mention of Brandi... telling.... Guess halloween was your last night of Trick or Treat, eh?
    Sadly for awhile. However I'm thinking about things. You never know what will happen...
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    You mean to tell me you didn't stock up on the good stuff before you left.
    I didn't have enough room doggone it. I'm drinking some 3.2% beer right now as a matter of fact. Hmmm hmmm good.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    Actually, Utah traffic is usually light on Sundays, church services or not. I find it to be the best day to pass through SLC when trailering. BTW, be careful driving in UT, they don's signal lane changes, they must have some sort of mental telepathy process that you are supposed to know they aren't cutting you off, it's just a routine lane change. Paint some chartruese dayglo on all four corners to help them out to see how close they are cutting it.
    Yeah traffic was pretty mellow today for sure. Funny you should mention the signals. Way back in the day when I lived in SLC that's one of the things that really bugged me. Like you said do people around here think we're endowed with telepathy? What I noticed driving through Idaho is that everybody uses their signals and as soon as I passed into Utah signals ceased. I've traveled between seattle and SLC somewhat regularly over the years and this is always the case. Utah drivers are an interesting breed. I like the dayglo idea.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Just watch out for the horse shyt Mook. Oh, wait, that's Amish, non Mormons.
    I'll still have to look out for baby strollers.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Oh I'm counting on it my friend.

Do they ever. I'll have to head down to my local bar and purchase my private club membership in another day or two.

Does that mean that it's ok to masturbate in public parks? Cool!!!
    I highly doubt that this will discourage Mookie on all accounts.
    I've got chutzpah, I'll do whatever it takes to survive.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

So Mook did I miss a post. Did you make it the whole way unscathed?

I didn't do it
    So Mook did I miss a post. Did you make it the whole way unscathed?
    Today's drive was pretty easy, unlike yesterday where it was heavy rain most of the day. I definitely happy to be done with traveling. Now I just have to unpack. Yuck!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Today's drive was pretty easy, unlike yesterday where it was heavy rain most of the day. I definitely happy to be done with traveling. Now I just have to unpack. Yuck!
    Unpacking is some good times for sure. I'm glad you made it without incident.

I asked you aways up if you stocked up on the "good stuff" before leaving Seattle. You know the 6% beer to hold you over for awhile from drinking 3.2 % piss water.

I didn't do it
    Unpacking is some good times for sure. I'm glad you made it without incident.

I asked you aways up if you stocked up on the "good stuff" before leaving Seattle. You know the 6% beer to hold you over for awhile from drinking 3.2 % piss water.
    I wanted to stock up but I didn't have enough room. So my weaning off full strength is starting straight away.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I wanted to stock up but I didn't have enough room. So my weaning off full strength is starting straight away.
    Is hard liquor legal there?

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    No beer goggles for Mookie to cloud his view of the local Logan talent.

I didn't do it
    It is and the funny thing is that its taxed at a lower rate than it is in WA so it'll be cheaper here. I'll be honing my bartending skills in the coming months and years.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    I must say the scenery is outstanding, I wouldn't want to obscure it too much. Nothing quite like forbidden fruit.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    But, but,...beer goggles make everything better! T6, the way you talk and the phrases you use remind me a lot of Californians. Have you ever lived out West?

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I must say the scenery is outstanding, I wouldn't want to obscure it too much. Nothing quite like forbidden fruit.
    No, no! Seeing two beauties underneath you (impaired vision/beer goggles) is twice as good!!!

Perpetual n00b
    So have you ridden your bike yet?
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You can get real beer in the liquor stores, right?

I didn't do it
    No, no! Seeing two beauties underneath you (impaired vision/beer goggles) is twice as good!!!
    Lol, two for the price of one (kinda). I think this is what I called "looking on the bright side of things" back in college.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    LOL, he just got there. He hasn't even stepped all the way inside the front door yet!

Perpetual n00b

LOL, he just got there. He hasn't even stepped all the way inside the front door yet!
    Psh. First thing I did when I got here!

I didn't do it
    Haha not yet but I'm hoping to make it happen before too much longer.

I'm looking forward to checking out some of the local trails. Although lingering effects of an earlier surgery will limit me a bit.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Psh. First thing I did when I got here!
    Somehow, I knew you were going to say that.

I didn't do it
    You can get real beer in the liquor stores, right?
    You can but its ridiculously high priced brew. It's weird in that the liquor stores do have 6 and 12 packs but much (most) of their selection is single bottles. So the usual routine is to go into a packed state liquor store and pick out a bunch of singles. Plus they're all warm.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

It is and the funny thing is that its taxed at a lower rate than it is in WA so it'll be cheaper here. I'll be honing my bartending skills in the coming months and years.
    Mook correct me if I'm wrong but back in the mid eighties when I tore up SLC for a few weekends. We could only get hard liquor in the tiny little bottles. You know the sample size bottles. Has that changed?

Perpetual n00b

Haha not yet but I'm hoping to make it happen before too much longer.

I'm looking forward to checking out some of the local trails. Although lingering effects of an earlier surgery will limit me a bit.
    Green Canyon is a great place to start then. Nothing too crazy in there.

I didn't do it
    I've barely had time to check out the brothel situation.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Well, I'm glad to see that you have your priorities in order.

I didn't do it
    Green Canyon is a great place to start then. Nothing too crazy in there.
    I think I knew you were in Utah. Are you Ogden area?

Actually Green Canyon sounds just about what I would be looking for right now. With a bunch of things coming together I'm out of shape so mellow is probably better.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I hope this new career path thickens your wallet to afford such a lifestyle.

BTW I'm still waiting on my liquor question to be answered. I knew you would fall behind on answering questions in this thread. The old Can-O-Worms comment I made in the beginning.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    he managed just fine in WA. So will it be in UT.

I didn't do it
    Mook correct me if I'm wrong but back in the mid eighties when I tore up SLC for a few weekends. We could only get hard liquor in the tiny little bottles. You know the sample size bottles. Has that changed?
    Regularly packaged liquor is now available. For some reason I think I knew about the little bottle deal. I'm sure I heard about it during my first go around in SLC years ago. I believe there's been a glacial change in the liquor laws but it'll take another century to get caught up.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Regularly packaged liquor is now available. For some reason I think I knew about the little bottle deal. I'm sure I heard about it during my first go around in SLC years ago. I believe there's been a glacial change in the liquor laws but it'll take another century to get caught up.
    Oh!

Edit: see above post.
    BTW I'm still waiting on my liquor question to be answered. I knew you would fall behind on answering questions in this thread. The old Can-O-Worms comment I made in the beginning.

I didn't do it

I got the liquor question answered, check it out just above.

he managed just fine in WA. So will it be in UT.
    I knew people, i.e. Brandi, so that helped a lot. I'm seeing what I can do here in UT.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Oh!

Edit: see above post.
    Haha, life is but a Can-O-Worms! I open them all the time.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I knew people, i.e. Brandi, so that helped a lot. I'm seeing what I can do here in UT.
    You answered as I commented.

Maybe Brandi has connections in your new area. Too bad you burned a bridge with her as you left without softly giving her the news of your departure.

GONE
    Nov 2008

Trust me, you'll do fine. I'm counting on it. For when I make a trip up to the Logan area in the future. Things should be rolling smoothly by then.

I didn't do it

Maybe Brandi has connections in your new area. Too bad you burned a bridge with her as you left without softly giving her the news of your departure.
    I'm going to attempt to rebuild that bridge. In fact I really think she would do just fine here.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Trust me, you'll do fine. I'm counting on it. For when I make a trip up to the Logan area in the future. Things should be rolling smoothly by then.
    I'm planning on getting my ducks in a row before too long.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    T6, the way you talk and the phrases you use remind me a lot of Californians. Have you ever lived out West?
    East coast through and through.

Beer googles can lead to surprises in the AM.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    The literature that the Welcome Wagon usually leaves at your new place would have all kinds of information about Logan's recreational opportunities.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Beer googles can lead to surprises in the AM.
    Well, since you're a cat I have to assume you're a specialist on the subject so can you tell me if there is any such thing as a "bad pu$$y (cat)"?

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Well, since you're a cat I have to assume you're a specialist on the subject so can you tell me if there is any such thing as a "bad pu$$y (cat)"?
    It's bad only if you have to later go to the free clinic for shots.

Pervs

What is this SO9

I didn't do it
    The literature that the Welcome Wagon usually leaves at your new place would have all kinds of information about Logan's recreational opportunities.
    Oooo, I can hardly wait. I bet there's all kinds of good info there.

When I first moved to Salt Lake City from CO years ago I was met by a couple of friendly Mormon gals who brought me gifts of cookies and brownies. Damn they were good.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Oooo, I can hardly wait. I bet there's all kinds of good info there.

When I first moved to Salt Lake City from CO years ago I was met by a couple of friendly Mormon gals who brought me gifts of cookies and brownies.Damn they were good.
    The cookies and brownies or the Mormon girls??

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Pervs

What is this SO9

What??? We are talking about healthy kitties here...

I didn't do it
    The cookies and brownies or the Mormon girls??
    The treats.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

The treats.
    The cookies and brownies or the Mormon girls?

I didn't do it
    The cookies and brownies or the Mormon girls?
    Oh, yeah, the cookies and brownies were good. The girls were real nice though. They invited me (and my roommate) over for game night on a couple occasions. Good times man.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Perpetual n00b

I think I knew you were in Utah. Are you Ogden area?

Actually Green Canyon sounds just about what I would be looking for right now. With a bunch of things coming together I'm out of shape so mellow is probably better.
    That is correct. Let me know if you want a tour. Of the trails I mean. No idea about the brothel situation round these parts.

I didn't do it
    That is correct. Let me know if you want a tour. Of the trails I mean. No idea about the brothel situation round these parts.

I might hit you up for some tours or info, thanks!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Alright gang, I finally found my camera this morning.

Here's my view looking east, from the front door. There are three horses that live in the adjacent pasture. They seem like good eggs and what's funny is sometimes they reach over the fence to eat my green grass.

The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie-front.jpg

After taking that pic I took a little hike to scout some riding possibilities this morning. This is a trail about 10 minutes from the house. It was populated by lots of bike folks and even a couple really fit women in tight running gear. One thing that concerns me is trail etiquette around here. As I was walking up several separate groups were bombing downhill and made absolutely no attempt to even slow down. We'll see when I get on the bike. I ain't pulling over while I'm climbing northern Utah peeps, so ya better learn better manners.

The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie-prov-1.jpg The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie-prov-2.jpg

The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie-prov-3.jpg The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie-prov-4.jpg

The Times They Are a-Changin' for Mookie-prov-5.jpg
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    ^ Looks great Mook!!! You're gonna have start using that Contour camera so that you can share some of those "really fit women in tight running gear" with us.

I didn't do it
    ^ Looks great Mook!!! You're gonna have start using that Contour camera so that you can share some of those "really fit women in tight running gear" with us.
    Its charged and ready to go! Oh and they were quite friendly. As a matter of fact a nice young lady gave me directions to the actual trailhead from the parking lot. Friendly folk around here for sure.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Its charged and ready to go! Oh and they were quite friendly. As a matter of fact a nice young lady gave me directions to the actual trailhead from the parking lot. Friendly folk around here for sure.
    It's always refreshing to meet nice people who treat total strangers with respect and courtesy.

I didn't do it
    It's always refreshing to meet nice people who treat total strangers with respect and courtesy.
    Absolutely. In fact the helpful person in the parking lot explained the various options and seemed enthusiastic to help out a clueless newbie. As it turns out she was heading up the trail as well and about 15 minutes later she caught me on her bike and asked if I had any other questions and then wished me a good day. Friendly people rule.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Absolutely. In fact the helpful person in the parking lot explained the various options and seemed enthusiastic to help out a clueless newbie. As it turns out she was heading up the trail as well and about 15 minutes later she caught me on her bike and asked if I had any other questions and then wished me a good day. Friendly people rule.
    How were people in WA, comparatively?

I didn't do it
    How were people in WA, comparatively?
    Actually quite similar. Believe it or not, the mountain biking community is fairly small in western WA. There's a lot of pressure on access and the conditions are often difficult. So I think it bred a certain camaraderie, plus folks are just friendly around there anyhow.

There were a lot heroic efforts to get new trail approved and built. And the user built stuff is awesome, actually I miss it already. But its so limited and some of the prime stuff was getting logged and so despite the positive there was this constant pressure of losing access or good trail at the same time. I found it to be frustrating and I would ponder what the riding would look like say 6 or 7 years down the road. There would be good but also a fair amount of bad.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Perpetual n00b
    Looks like you stumbled into Providence canyon?

Nice Mook glad to see you are out enjoying your new digs. That trail looks like a fun one can't wait for the Contour video footage. And I'm happy to see there are friendly folk willing to give the new guy a minute of their time.

I didn't do it
    Looks like you stumbled into Providence canyon?
    Ha, you've got a keen eye sir. It looks like a decent, flowy trail. I'm thinking about riding it tomorrow or Monday depending on unpacking and errand duties.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Nice Mook glad to see you are out enjoying your new digs. That trail looks like a fun one can't wait for the Contour video footage. And I'm happy to see there are friendly folk willing to give the new guy a minute of their time.
    I really didn't get much opportunity to ride in Seattle since the surgery. As it turns out my foot just wasn't up to the task. And then weather, job hunting and moving got in the way. I'm really itching to get back in the saddle and share some footage with the gang.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I really didn't get much opportunity to ride in Seattle since the surgery. As it turns out my foot just wasn't up to the task. And then weather, job hunting and moving got in the way. I'm really itching to get back in the saddle and share some footage with the gang.
    Hopefully before the snow flys.

I didn't do it
    Hopefully before the snow flys.
    I think so. One thing this area seems to have going for it is that there are a lot of lower elevation foothills that should stay rideable for quite awhile. So I think there's a chance that I can get quite a few rides in before winter really sets in. dgw2jr, how long would you say the foothills stay rideable?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

live long and huck
    Very nice, Mook.

I didn't do it
    Very nice, Mook.
    I'm looking forward to getting out and exploring the area trails. So far my very limited reconnaissance seems to indicate that there's some pretty decent riding around here. Maybe a bit less tech than I like but still not bad.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I'm looking forward to getting out and exploring the area trails. So far my very limited reconnaissance seems to indicate that there's some pretty decent riding around here. Maybe a bit less tech than I like but still not bad.
    I have a feeling you're going to be torn between your old haunts and your new ones.

Mary McGregor Torn between two lovers YouTube

I didn't do it
    I have a feeling you're going to be torn between your old haunts and your new ones.

Mary McGregor Torn between two lovers YouTube
    Oh man, that's rich DJ. For a second there I had flashbacks cruising around the back roads of CO a few decades ago.

I definitely miss the old stompin' grounds so I really want to get acquainted with the new trails in the area and make them my own.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

banned
    Sep 2010
    Oh man, that's rich DJ. For a second there I had flashbacks cruising around the back roads of CO a few decades ago.

I definitely miss the old stompin' grounds so I really want to get acquainted with the new trails in the area and make them my own.
    There appears to be something wrong with your new trails, Mookie.

Where is all the dust? what is that dark, tacky-looking hue to the soil?

We have nothing like that here, not that I can remember, anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast