Tiger King

Who's watched it? Carol killed her husband, convince me otherwise

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    What goes up must come down.

2015 YT Capra AL2
    2014 Chromag Aperture
    2008 Pinarello FP2

Your bike sucks
    I succumbed last night. Some much terrible in there. I give it to Netflix, they are good at keeping the story interesting by shifting your empathy loyalties a bunch.
    Working to stomp out redundancy, I repeat, working to stomp out redundancy.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Iím so lost right now I need a compass. Thatís an old school GPS to you kiddies.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    It's a new documentary on Netflix covering a feud between tiger owners. Its morbidly fascinating. Great way to kill time if you're on lock down.

2015 YT Capra AL2
    2014 Chromag Aperture
    2008 Pinarello FP2

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Iíll give it a viewing soon, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Iím so lost right now I need a compass. Thatís an old school GPS to you kiddies.
    Yeah, what's a 'throuple'? Is that like a couple, with one added?

I think we're better off not knowing about the whole dam ting.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Yeah, what's a 'throuple'? Is that like a couple, with one added?

I think we're better off not knowing about the whole dam ting.
    Three person couple.

2015 YT Capra AL2
    2014 Chromag Aperture
    2008 Pinarello FP2

mtbr member
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Carol had her husband killed or that scumbag Jeff is on his way to jail real soon!

Sent from my SM-G960U using tiny.cc/Mtbr_android_app
    "Lock S-Foils in attack position"

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeltramo View Post
    Three person couple.

In other words, triangle?
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I saw the netflix movie series.

Sounds to me like the "hitman" just went along with the show, which netted gay tiger guy 22yrs. Normally the pigs want it on audio/video for a conviction, not $3k out of the cashier machine.

The PETA lady, had 100% killed her husband for the money, but she did it the smart way.

The problem with gay tiger guy, is he is a showman, and thats what did him in. Always mentioning peta lady.

Killing the tigers/lions, dumping them in a hole. Shoulda done what playboy tiger ponytail polymagist guy was doing, incinerating non-profiting animals.

Limping biker tiger con, vegas, played gay tiger guy like the tool he is.

So gay tiger guy gets 22yrs, is he out in 10 under normal circumstances?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Yep, except unlike many, married.

It's like Trailer Park Boys with big cats and cults. Many WTF? moments are provided.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    Yep, except unlike many, married.

It's like Trailer Park Boys with big cats and cults. Many WTF? moments are provided.
    Typical with all crazy animal people.

People dressing monkeys like they are children is even weirder.
    Big animal people are weird too.

Breaks my heart to see animals caged like that, just want to reach through the screen and put them in a cage and see how they like it.

banned
    Jul 2015
    Watched it and I say WOW! Reminded me of a Jerry Springer show of the 90's. There's a Wild Animal Park about 30 min. south of Sedona that treats it's cats like house animals. Best Zoo I've ever been too. All animals here have been abandoned, injured, ect. and they are all treated humanely, unlike this Train Wreck of humans I just watched.
    https://outofafricapark.com/experience/tiger-splash/

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ah yes

The glossy front the customer see's.

Bikesexual
    I was going to watch it, and it said "animal abuse" or something like that. No thanks!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

High Desert MTBer
    My wife and I saw the trailer and both thought of a camper Dog the bounty hunter, with some odd music, odder people, and unfortunate big cats thrown in to really make us hate these people. Nein danke!
    It's all Here. Now.

One ring to mash them all
    Tiger King-fdf.jpg
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

Your bike sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    My wife and I saw the trailer and both thought of a camper Dog the bounty hunter, with some odd music, odder people, and unfortunate big cats thrown in to really make us hate these people. Nein danke!
    Not sure if this helps - but I'd put myself firmly in the animal rights mindset: don't eat meat primarily for the ethical reasons...yadda, yadda, yadda - just to frame it some. So I, too, original cringed at the thought of watching this - I knew video'd abuse was going to make me lose my shit...but, luckily, the program doesn't really document that vividly. Though there are some terrible moments.

The animals are a backdrop to the human drama which is a shitshow train wreck of epic proportions. If anything, I think there's a compelling cautionary tale: broken people who probably started with good intentions and love of animals become indifferent and entrenched into their own bullshit all to the detriment of the animals it all centers around.

Netflix builds it up - muddies the waters some - plays with your viewer loyalties a bunch so I wouldn't base an objective "guilty" or "here's the real victim" based on the chosen narrative...what you see here ain't the full truth...but the story arc is amazing.

For the life of me, I cannot understand people who want exotic animals as pets nor the people who want to be photographed or petting them. Absurd!

mtbr member
    Watched the whole thing this weekend. Doesn't put Oklahoma in a very good light IMO, but when I moved here 25 years ago I held a firm belief that this was the most white trash state in the union. This show confirmed it. He actually had people vote for him in the 2018 primary amazingly enough.

What a bunch of nutjobs....

Fart smeller
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

Rides all the bikes!
    Way too many good quality shows I have not watched, and likely never will watch, that are WAY higher on the list than this. I heard Breaking Bad was a good show?

So no, I won't be watching.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    More like a sandwich.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    Way too many good quality shows I have not watched, and likely never will watch, that are WAY higher on the list than this. I heard Breaking Bad was a good show?

So no, I won't be watching.
    Oh trust me, this is like Breaking Bad but with Tigers, almost as much meth, and it's a true story.

I've tried to finish breaking bad 2 different times and cant get past the second season. Maybe it's just me?

2015 YT Capra AL2
    2014 Chromag Aperture
    2008 Pinarello FP2

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I was going to watch it, and it said "animal abuse" or something like that. No thanks!
    The producers do a good job of highlighting the plight of the tigers without showing blatant animal abuse although obviously most people would probably describe keeping tigers in pens abuse

2015 YT Capra AL2
    2014 Chromag Aperture
    2008 Pinarello FP2

mtbr member
    At first I thought it was too slow, then once episode 3 hit I was totally sucked in. I donít think Joe is innocent so much as that everyone is guilty of prison worthy crimes.

That whole poly marriage puzzles me. I donít see how living on a hokey zoo in Oklahoma would be reason enough for a straight man to masquerade as gay and marry Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    There will be a mini-series on the television about the Netflix gay tiger guy.

CEO Product Failure
    Some of the video they have is difficult to believe--how did they get so much behind the scenes footage? Not to spoil it, but there's a fire in one of the last episodes which supposedly destroys all the documentary footage.

Such a train wreck to watch and that *** **** Carole Baskin! The Tampa PD has reopened the '97 case of her missing husband as a response to this (sh!t)show!!

mtbr member
    Who's watched it? Carol killed her husband, convince me otherwise
    Sorry....can't convince you otherwise b/c three episodes in starts with a cat owner saying "her missing husband's $$$$." And I immediately turned to my wife and said: she absolutely killed him"...that was before any of the filler information.

While watching the previous episode, I asked my wife "Is it just me or is she somehow more dislikeable than this entire cast of very unlikeable people?" She replied: you're not wrong.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The fire was intentional, either the technical guy shooting the gay tiger guys vlogs, or PETA. I dount technical guy did it, but PETA 100% maybe not PETA themselves, but members in PETA are bat $h17 crazy, just like exotic animal people, and monkey/ape people, snake people. All different kinds of crazy!

Your bike sucks
    I love the speculation. Here are my completely wild ass guesses:

1) fire was set by Joe. Close to certain. rationale: he knew all the footage was a loose end of incriminating shit

2) Carole didn't kill her husband but sure as hell was making it certain she got all the money at the expense of the original family. rationale: husband seemed to be a risk taker and deal maker. Breeding cats for profit...selling cars in Costa Rica... flying without a license... inviting a 17yr old girl into a car, offering a gun and then banging her that night - then promptly leaving the family. chases any and every skirt & deal he sees. yeah, nutty behavior and that catches up when you cross the wrong person.

3) creeper felon dude and the murderer def set Joe up and allowed his own deplorable behavior be his downfall to their benefit. murderer tear tattoo guy is a psycho and legitimately a dangerous person. wanna-be creeper dude is not 1/2 as smart as he thinks he is but is an opportunist and, like joe says, prob has a teeny-weenie. arguably the worst of the lot here. rationale: criminals gonna crime

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Exotic Joe was a showman, so he acted a lot of the time. He could have lit his own building on fire to grab media attention, totally plausible. Rebuilding it for a cost of $5k, seems doubtful.

mtbr member
    I'm at episode 4 and holy crap, what a sh1t show.
    Truth really is stranger than fiction.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

Up In Smoke
    Binge watched the series yesterday. Pretty much a waste of time, good thing I've got plenty to waste. I wouldn't recommend this crap.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    I'm at episode 4 and holy crap, what a sh1t show.
    Truth really is stranger than fiction.
    There is no truth, in acting for the camera.

NDD
    mtbr member
    My wife was watching this over the weekend and I'm not going to watch it again, because I figure there's not one likeable character.

I wonder, do people really empathize with Joe Exotic?
    dang

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    No, Joe Exotic is a "freak show"

banned
    Jul 2015
    My wife was watching this over the weekend and I'm not going to watch it again, because I figure there's not one likeable character.

As tweaked as Joe was the last 3 characters to come into his life/show were worse and out to bring down /frame Joe in the end. That fat Chucky guy was a career with criminal with no good intentions. Every witness to testify was a felon/criminal with zero credibility, but I guess anything goes in backwards Ok. Thatís why this should have been a hung Jury and why you see the public taking Joeís side.

mtbr member
    Oh trust me, this is like Breaking Bad but with Tigers, almost as much meth, and it's a true story.

I've tried to finish breaking bad 2 different times and cant get past the second season. Maybe it's just me?

Breaking Bad gets better after the second season. I thought the first two were basically the same story.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicane32 View Post
    but I guess anything goes in backwards Ok. Thatís why this should have been a hung Jury and why you see the public taking Joeís side.
    Yeah the District Attorney should have had hard proof, not flaky as **** testimony. I wonder what kind of Lawyer Joe got, if he was able to get enough money for a good lawyer or had to resort to a public defendant. Makes a huge difference, it really does. PETA had some pull on the DA.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Thanks that clears it up a bit.
    dang

A waste of time it is is
    Absolutely binge worthy television.

Given my comment in the lurgi thread I figure in for a penny in for a pound. Having watched this, I now have a better understanding of how you ended up with the POTUS you have. Yes, our Pm is not much better.

mtbr member
    In the end, there only seemed to be 2 people advocating for the animals. They are my favorites as a result. Everyone else saw/sees the animals as a pure revenue stream.

Joe may have started out with good intentions with the animals but got caught up in the greed. A bunch of scumbags if you ask me....
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

mtbr member

It's funny; I found my self empathizing a few times then had to recall his behavior in order to clear my head a bit.

mtbr member
    I watched one episode. This is a freak show for sure.

One must be careful with Netflix "docu-dramas". "Making a Murderer" told a story from one side to make the killer look innocent. In reality the evidence was overwhelming and Steven Avery is rotting in jail as he should. Sadly that show no doubt opened lots of wounds for the Halbach family, but hey it brought viewers thus $$$ to Netflix...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    In the end, there only seemed to be 2 people advocating for the animals. They are my favorites as a result. Everyone else saw/sees the animals as a pure revenue stream.

Joe may have started out with good intentions with the animals but got caught up in the greed. A bunch of scumbags if you ask me....
    Even the PETA woman "murderer" was wishy washy. But they got what they wanted, with the backing of PETA.

I agree though its so easy to skew the shows. I find murderer woman fake. She's got the hippie side to her, but there were lots of occasions I found her to be fake, like the times where she is vlogging. Hypnotic voice and facial expressions too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    Even the PETA woman "murderer" was wishy washy. But they got what they wanted, with the backing of PETA.

I agree though its so easy to skew the shows. I find murderer woman fake. She's got the hippie side to her, but there were lots of occasions I found her to be fake, like the times where she is vlogging. Hypnotic voice and facial expressions too.
    Carole is creepy and her emotions don't match the situations....just an odd woman, but the cat-print clothing and house are a dead give-away about that!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Carole is creepy and her emotions don't match the situations....just an odd woman, but the cat-print clothing and house are a dead give-away about that!
    maybe thats what it is too

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    have a better understanding of how you ended up with the POTUS you have.
    Stupid people donít know theyíre stupid. Even (especially) when theyíre in the majority. Which is the truly scary part. Look where it got Germany in the 30s.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Stupid people donít know theyíre stupid. Even (especially) when theyíre in the majority. Which is the truly scary part. Look where it got Germany in the 30s.
    =sParty
    Never a more accurate and true statement in the history of MTBR
    DAAAANG...that was janky