mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Can you get the website for the epic? I want one..

Probably drunk right now

Why?

Why do you care?

Ride your bike. Worry about yourself and not others...
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

things that make you shake your head

well for me I was at the trail head on saturday morning between laps grabbing some water. A car pulled up and at that point the head shaking started for me. "Mr. Amazing" gets our of his car and pulls his $7,000 dollar epic that he got online for $2,000 for (mind you we have 3 shops that go out of their way to give you more for your money than you can imagine). Starts talking about how he got the bike for this then found a site online that he could get his wheels for that and how he got his brand new sidi's a few days ago from another out of state shop/site (we have 2 Sidi dealers in town that sell just above cost) then how his new wigwam socks are the most amazing things ever. Shortly after he's done boasting about his unheard of 24lb FS 29er and all his other crap his riding buddy asks "you ready to go"

And there the head shaking continues. Not yet I need to grab my bars (it's a 6 mile loop) check my tire pressure since i just went tubeless, let my gps boot up and put on some bug spray.

CHRIST can people not just go ride their damn bikes anymore? I really think this guy would have turned around and gone home had he forgotten 1 item.

I am willing to admit I like having nice built bikes but I sure as hell don't act like my 2010 Salsa Selma is the best bike in the world or even on the trail that day. Also YOU'RE MOUNTAIN BIKING why do you need a gps IT'S A LOOP!!! Put your shoes helmet and gloves on, grab your camelback and get on your damn bike.

Sorry some people irk me lol

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Guernica View Post
    Sorry some people irk me lol
    I shake my head at people who don't fcukin' mind their business. Go ride and quit worrying about other riders.

Since when did mountain bikers get so elitist? I feel like 20 of these threads have popped up in the last week. Snobby roadies have always been a complaint of MTB'ers - now it seems many with knobbies on their tires have drifted onto that same path.

bust a move
    maybe he was a PLP

Big Mac
    Uh, huh.

AZ
    banned
    How many forums are you going to post this inane sh!t in? Christ, whatever happened to live and let live? Mountain bikers are turning into a bunch of soap opera queens. Walking away hanging head in shame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    All these annoying whiny threads have to stop. Quit worrying about what everybody else is doing and mind your own business.

It seems like everyday we get at least one new thread about how angry/offended/irked somebody gets by the way a stranger in the parking lot looks/acts/talks/smells/what kind of bike they ride/what bug spray they use/ the fact they use gps/the fact they may need to perform some type of maintenance at the trailhead.

It must suck to always be angry and that little non-issues of no consequence to you have such an effect on your mood. Other people don't care, and certainly don't need to hear about it.

In summary, it's not "posers" in the parking lot that are ruining the sport, it's d-bags who get worked up over nothing who are ruining it. I'm sure glad that none of my riding buddies are whiny little children.

Forgive me for sounding harsh, but I believe I speak for the majority here. Most of us are normal people who like to ride bikes and have fun and don't let stupid sh!t ruin our days.

Ride More, Work Less
    Guernica, for some it is the journey and not just the destination. Just like you are farting around on forums talking about your MTB experience, some may prefer to have similar idle talk in person.

As for the socks, I'm with that guy there. If you have never tried a nice wool sock, you are missing out.

Is not amused
    This shlt again!?! IBTB
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

the half breed devil
    <sigh> here we go again...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails things that make you shake your head-rev.jpeg  

Ride More, Work Less
    Yeah, I need to put "general discussion" on my ignore list (if that is possible). Sad thing is that I'm not sure this is a troll.

Suckin wind like a boss
    actually i think your timeline is just about spot on.

No. Just No.
    To the original poster, in case you are wondering why all the love from your fellow forum members, you've been blindsided by the internet equivalent of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, mostly on account of this thread from only a few days ago;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...rs-786979.html

Which lead to this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...ot-787728.html

And this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...er-787946.html

And this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...es-788126.html

And this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...er-788238.html

And finally (I hope) this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...er-788482.html

Have I missed anything?

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    To the original poster, in case you are wondering why all the love from your fellow forum members, you've been blindsided by the internet equivalent of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, mostly on account of this thread from only a few days ago;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...rs-786979.html

Which lead to this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...ot-787728.html

And this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...er-787946.html

And this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...es-788126.html

And this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...er-788238.html

And finally (I hope) this;

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...er-788482.html

Have I missed anything?

No I think you pretty much covered it. Good job!
    I don't know what is more irritating these recent whiny threads or the threads concerned about whether their carbonfiber bars are going to fail. At least it seems we have gotten past those threads. Perhaps these threads will follow suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Ride Instigator
    This thread makes me shake my head.

banned
    Clearly the new topic is poseur. Hopefully this trend passes quickly.

I'd hate to have to purchase a road bike.

mtbr member
    Speaking of the GPS, it's kind of nice to have. My buddy has a program on his smart phone which will map out our route as we ride and count the mileage. After the ride you can pull up an actual satellite map with your route highlighted on it, and post it up on a web page. Another friend has a garmin or something, that will track elevation change as well. I think that's pretty cool. I wouldn't pay a bunch of money for it, but if I had a smartphone, I'd download the program (GoPro, I think), it's cheap, maybe 10-20 bucks.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by cackalacky View Post
    Speaking of the GPS, it's kind of nice to have. My buddy has a program on his smart phone which will map out our route as we ride and count the mileage. After the ride you can pull up an actual satellite map with your route highlighted on it, and post it up on a web page. Another friend has a garmin or something, that will track elevation change as well. I think that's pretty cool. I wouldn't pay a bunch of money for it, but if I had a smartphone, I'd download the program (GoPro, I think), it's cheap, maybe 10-20 bucks.
    strava is free and their customer support is pretty good, too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cackalacky View Post
    One of the guys I ride with has a Garmin that is bike specific. It does the mapping of elevation and distance, speed and a whole ton of other stuff. It even has the attachments to track cadence and heart rate and stuff a road rider would be more interested in. He can download it on to a program and make 3D images of the route we rode and overlay it on a topo map. I guess it is cool if you are into that stuff.

I personally like to keep my bikes simple and free of stuff like odometers. It doesn't bother me one little bit that he has that thing on his bike though, and sometimes the maps he makes up are kind of cool to look at.

There is a seat for every ass.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    The best way for crappy threads to die is to not post in them. Creating a pissing match where two mediocre people trade useless insults makes you part of the problem. I'm guilty of this too, but then again I don't really care about crappy threads. They are a fact of internet life.

fading away
    Wet hair—it makes me shake my head—which is why I always dry my hair using a towel after taking a shower or dipping in the pool or hot tub.
    goodbye cruel world. I am leaving you today.

mtbr member
    Yeah......... don't forget the "attitude much" thread DJ. That is unfortunately the thread that inspired mine. I added "Poser" in the title as a joke.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    yeah......... Don't forget the "attitude much" thread dj. That is unfortunately the thread that inspired mine. I added "poser" in the title as a joke.
    +10

mtbr member
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

mtbr member
    Is it really mountain biking is someone "built" the trail?

No... it's just biking in a park.
    - The only thing that keeps me on a bike is happiness.

mtbr member
    Only one thing bothers me about biking...

Anyone with a +$2000 that asks me for a ride because their vehicle doesn't work.

It's a priority thing... they have bad ones.
    - The only thing that keeps me on a bike is happiness.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm a little confused.

Pro-LBS/anti-online shopping troll, carefully disguised as another d-bag thread?

Also confused by your phrasing. Did you start shaking your head at the trail-head because the rider arrived in a car? I guess I could kind of understand that--I haven't owned a car since 1993--but at the same time, it's nice to get a lift sometimes so I can focus on the MTB part of the ride instead of racking up road kms on squishy tyres to get to the dirt.

His/her socks annoyed you? Seriously? You checked out the socks?

I fell in love with the internet when it was first spawned, but I'm rapidly falling out of love with it these days.

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHaq View Post
    Only one thing bothers me about biking...

Anyone with a +$2000 that asks me for a ride because their vehicle doesn't work.

It's a priority thing... they have bad ones.
    Agree to disagree. I think their priorities are bang on.

(although admittedly my car does work)

I don't even own a car. This is about Grimace, right?

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    my dog's breath smells like cat ****

Members who have read this thread: 0