Tell us about your day- Mtbr.com
    GONE
    Nov 2008

Cool-blue Rhythm Tell us about your day

Here it is, the new OC daily diary thread. Feel free to share thoughts, experiences, and activities or whatever from your day.

I didn't do it
    I have largely uneventful days but hopefully that will change before too much longer.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    stuck in product upload hell.

blah

bicth and moan

blah.

cannot wait until I build my digital team.
    Click Here for Forum Rules

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I have largely uneventful days but hopefully that will change before too much longer.
    Is this due to your current limited mobility?

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Is this due to your current limited mobility?
    Yeah it sure is. If I walk around too much the foot can swell a bit and it gets a little sore. And I still walk with Frankestein's gait. I've been able to work at home with a couple days/wk at the real work. But not able to get around too much is a bit like prison. I go back to the surgeon this week and I'm hoping to get the OK for more extensive movement. I'm really hoping for at least some time in the saddle. I'm going freakin' crazy!!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Rabid Lana Fan
    I feel for ya, man. That would suck big time.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

I didn't do it
    Thanks net, it's been about 8 wks postop and I'm ready to get moving again.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    stuck in product upload hell.

blah

bicth and moan

blah.

cannot wait until I build my digital team.
    Hope things smooth out for ya asap.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    My day was full of positives.

1) I worked a short day
    2) I brought my bike & garb with me and rode where my work day ended
    3) I just ordered new Pearl Izumi riding shorts!

Now, if I can just get a decent night's sleep (darn insomnia!), I could be in for 2 good days in a row.

High Desert MTBer
    My day has sucked so far! I wanted to give my motorbike a good clean as I am/was going to sell it to try and defray some medical costs etc. I got some new to me cleaner/degreaser from Ace, SuperClean, and read the instructions. I did all I was supposed to do, tested it on inconspicuous surfaces, just on cold surfaces, did not leave it on too long, power-washed it off within minutes etc etc. To my horror, when all was properly sprayed off, pretty much all the alloy surfaces, except the ones I had tested: Engine side cases, footrest hangers,some fittings, the fork sliders etc are marked with streaks, spots, some kind of residue or scouring that no amount of elbow grease will remove. My bike is ruined. The company who make the stuff have not yet responded to my enquiries, and my insurance company are checking to see if I am covered for this. My agent is hopeful, but there is still a deductible even if I am covered. I have taken exceptional care of it for 7 years, and what really sucks is that something so seemingly innocuous can cause such extensive damage. Sheesh, I have been using all kinds of degreasers for decades with no issues!
    It's all Here. Now.

Broken Hipster
    Insomnia.
    I went to see my doctor today to find out why I'm not sleeping any more than a few hours a night.
    The conclusion is that I'm over training. For clarification purposes, I'm not training for anything, just have energy to burn these days and feel the need to ride it off on multiple sessions on the trail every day.
    So she told me to take some time off.
    I did. It was tough. Even got suited up at one point then decided against.
    I'll be back at it tomorrow. What can I say, I'm weak and there's nothing in my house left to clean.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    oh...and i go this built last saturday in my town after 3.5 years of dealing with the city....

and haven't been able to ride it yet

Tell us about your day-pt-alex.jpg

Photo by Alex Fowler of Action Sports Construction
    Click Here for Forum Rules

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    My day has sucked so far! I wanted to give my motorbike a good clean as I am/was going to sell it to try and defray some medical costs etc. I got some new to me cleaner/degreaser from Ace, SuperClean, and read the instructions. I did all I was supposed to do, tested it on inconspicuous surfaces, just on cold surfaces, did not leave it on too long, power-washed it off within minutes etc etc. To my horror, when all was properly sprayed off, pretty much all the alloy surfaces, except the ones I had tested: Engine side cases, footrest hangers,some fittings, the fork sliders etc are marked with streaks, spots, some kind of residue or scouring that no amount of elbow grease will remove. My bike is ruined. The company who make the stuff have not yet responded to my enquiries, and my insurance company are checking to see if I am covered for this. My agent is hopeful, but there is still a deductible even if I am covered. I have taken exceptional care of it for 7 years, and what really sucks is that something so seemingly innocuous can cause such extensive damage. Sheesh, I have been using all kinds of degreasers for decades with no issues!
    Total drag! I ruined the finish on a pair of XTR cranks with a degreaser once. I was pissed but my LBS took care of me since they sold the product to me.

I didn't do it
    Oh man, that's frustrating rockerc. C'mon insurance come through on this one.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

****** to the dirt
    Went to the drive'in with my nephew to see teenage mutant ninja turtles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    Went to the drive'in with my nephew to see teenage mutant ninja turtles.
    I haven't been to a drive-in theater since I was a senior in high school. I hear that they are making a comeback, though. How was the movie?

****** to the dirt
    I haven't been to a drive-in theater since I was a senior in high school. I hear that they are making a comeback, though. How was the movie?
    It was good. And that was the first time I was at a drive'in since I was like 7. neet experience would go again.
    My Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Today I spent the day with my wife. Kids went back to school and it was just the 2 of us. A much needed break.

I didn't do it
    I really like drive ins. Haven't been in about 15 yrs but I would love to go again. There are something like 4 in the entire state of WA and none of them are particularly close to me. Too bad really because it's a very social, fun activity. It can be as family friendly or decadent as you want.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I really like drive ins. Haven't been in about 15 yrs but I would love to go again. There are something like 4 in the entire state of WA and none of them are particularly close to me. Too bad really because it's a very social, fun activity. It can be as family friendly or decadent as you want.
    Last one I went to (in my senior year), I was on a date. Things went extremely well, too.

I didn't do it
    Last one I went to (in my senior year), I was on a date. Things went extremely well, too.
    Nicely done, Hawg. Drive ins are extremely conducive to grabs, feels and whatnot.

Ah, those were the days.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    My day has sucked so far! I wanted to give my motorbike a good clean as I am/was going to sell it to try and defray some medical costs etc. I got some new to me cleaner/degreaser from Ace, SuperClean, and read the instructions. I did all I was supposed to do, tested it on inconspicuous surfaces, just on cold surfaces, did not leave it on too long, power-washed it off within minutes etc etc. To my horror, when all was properly sprayed off, pretty much all the alloy surfaces, except the ones I had tested: Engine side cases, footrest hangers,some fittings, the fork sliders etc are marked with streaks, spots, some kind of residue or scouring that no amount of elbow grease will remove. My bike is ruined. The company who make the stuff have not yet responded to my enquiries, and my insurance
    company are checking to see if I am covered for
    this. My agent is hopeful, but there is still a
    deductible even if I am covered. I have taken
    exceptional care of it for 7 years, and what really
    sucks is that something so seemingly innocuous
    can cause such extensive damage. Sheesh, I have
    been using all kinds of degreasers for decades with
    no issues!
    RC,
    Oh mate I feel for you. That is devistating I hope your insurance steps up. Degreasers are scary. I ruined a SRAM XO rear Derailer from a degresser and I was way pissed off. I even purposely told the salesman I wanted a less harsh one in case it got on my paint. He guided me to an orange degreaser which is more environmentally friendly. It ate the painted XO logo right off in a millisecond. I can't imagine what you are going
    through emotionally with your whole motorcycle
    damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Nicely done, Hawg. Drive ins are extremely conducive to grabs, feels and whatnot.

Ah, those were the days.
    I didn't look at the screen one time for the entire movie. I have no idea what was playing.

I didn't look at the screen one time for the entire movie. I have no idea what was playing.
    Probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I wasted my day on mtbr. Not the first one either.

I didn't do it
    I caught a couple teen boys dry humping doggy style in the chips section of Safeway.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Oh really?! Which chips were they munching on while all of this was going on?

I didn't do it
    Lol, I didn't see them eating any chips but the clowns were a little embarrassed when I told them sarcastically to "get a room." I'm sure they were Tweeting or Instabooking about the encounter mere moments later.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Lol, I didn't see them eating any chips but the clowns were a little embarrassed when I told them sarcastically to "get a room." I'm sure they were Tweeting or Instabooking about the encounter mere moments later.
    I would have been elbow deep into a bag of Doritos, myself.

I didn't do it
    I would have been elbow deep into a bag of Doritos, myself.
    If one finds themselves bent over in the chip aisle you might as well grab a handful while you're there.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Dreary, rainy and a bit cool - extra espresso needed to keep me going today.

Quote Originally Posted by lex_luthor View Post
    Dreary, rainy and a bit cool - extra espresso needed to keep me going today.
    We must live close to each other.

mtbr member
    Went to work, ate breakfast and drank coffee, went to the Safety shop and picked up a few bits and pieces, read a couple of chapters of my book, then went home. Still got four hours of my shift left to go...

I didn't do it
    Did some minor paint work on the hood of my truck. Sanded, taped, primed, applied base coat and finished with clear coat. Full day but it came out pretty good.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Did some minor paint work on the hood of my truck. Sanded, taped, primed, applied base coat and finished with clear coat. Full day but it came out pretty good.
    Way to go Mook!
    Was this with an air compressor or a rattle can job.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Way to go Mook!
    Was this with an air compressor or a rattle can job.
    Good ol' paint can. My arm is sore from shaking the dang cans all day long! Although it was a relatively small job it was enough work for one day.
    I'm drinking beer now.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Good ol' paint can. My arm is sore from shaking the dang cans all day long! Although it was a relatively small job it was enough work for one day.
    I'm drinking beer now.
    Ha,ha awesome!!
    I'm looking forward to the photos.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Tell us about your day

Excessive toilet time. IPAs and night rides, always a recipe for some quality sit downs

I didn't do it
    Ha,ha awesome!!
    I'm looking forward to the photos.
    I might take some pics, I'm going to do a little touchup tomorrow. I don't know if my handiwork is exactly ready for prime time!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I might take some pics, I'm going to do a little touchup tomorrow. I don't know if my handiwork is exactly ready for prime time!
    Hey no criticism its a rattle can job. It sounds like it turned out great. Either way I commend you no matter how it turned out. You clear coated as well. I bet it came out great. What kind of spray paint and where did you buy it.

I didn't do it
    Hey no criticism its a rattle can job. It sounds like it turned out great. Either way I commend you no matter how it turned out. You clear coated as well. I bet it came out great. What kind of spray paint and where did you buy it.
    I got most items at the auto parts store. I used Dupli Color brand primer and clear coat. I got the base paint at the Ford dealer. It was pretty economical in that each can of paint ran me about $6.00 and the base paint was $15.00. Add another $15.00 for cleaner, rags and sandpaper and it was a pretty economical auto body job. This was my first crack at painting and I did OK. I still have plenty of paint and so if anything crops up in the future I won't hesitate to make repairs as necessary.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I got most items at the auto parts store. I used Dupli Color brand primer and clear coat. I got the base paint at the Ford dealer. It was pretty economical in that each can of paint ran me about $6.00 and the base paint was $15.00. Add another $15.00 for cleaner, rags and sandpaper and it was a pretty economical auto
    body job. This was my first crack at painting and I
    did OK. I still have plenty of paint and so if
    anything crops up in the future I won't hesitate to
    make repairs as necessary.
    Sweet! Sounds rewarding knowing you did it yourself.

I didn't do it
    Sweet! Sounds rewarding knowing you did it yourself.
    Right you are DJ. Its always nice to know that you can do something yourself way cheaper than a pro. And at the end of the day there's nothing like a job well done.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    We must live close to each other.
    It appears so! Snow flurries today, holy crap Batman.

banned
    Sep 2010
    I had work yesterday, no work today, and it's too hot to go for a ride. So, I'm gonna make an extremely rare appearance at my local gym and see if the old shoulder will stay in place.

After that, paddle the kayak. That ought to be tolerable.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Running a route for one of our independent drivers today. As im leaving yard, distribution manager gives me the supreme whammy... "why are you using his truck? What if it breaks down?"

Sure as excrement, parking brake seal gives out and I have to curb the truck a mere 12 stops into a 60 stop day. Here I sit on the side of the road waiting for our fleet mechanic to load a spare truck and bring it to me. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by lex_luthor View Post
    It appears so! Snow flurries today, holy crap Batman.
    Yep I woke up to 37 degrees and possible snow flurries today. That's okay it's back up into the 70's and 80's for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Running a route for one of our independent drivers today. As im leaving yard, distribution manager gives me the supreme whammy... "why are you using his truck? What if it breaks down?"

Sure as excrement, parking brake seal gives out and I have to curb the truck a mere 12 stops into a 60 stop day. Here I sit on the side of the road waiting for our fleet mechanic to load a spare truck and bring it to me. Good times.
    Ahh yes I remember those good times. Waiting for 3 or 4 hours until they get to ya.

banned
    Sep 2010

Yer definitely earning yer money, BRG....

mtbr member
    Pre-ordered 2 iPhone 6's, cleaned out the pool then did yard work. Currently watching the local news.

Fart smeller
    Had the squirts again this morning. Again.

Oh, sorry, thought you said daily diarrhea thread. : eyesroll:
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Had the squirts again this morning. Again.

Oh, sorry, thought you said daily diarrhea thread. : eyesroll:
    Speaking of which has your rash cleared up yet? Still a mystery to us.

http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...ight=Bug+bites

Fart smeller
    Speaking of which has your rash cleared up yet? Still a mystery to us.

http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...ight=Bug+bites
    It's an ongoing thing. None of you were any help.

That said, I really DO enjoy scratching my penis.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

It's an ongoing thing. None of you were any help.

That said, I really DO enjoy scratching my penis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tell us about your day-image.jpg  

banned
    Jan 2013
    Ahh yes I remember those good times. Waiting for 3 or 4 hours until they get to ya.
    Mad props to our mechanic, he made it out to me with a loaded truck in about an hour. Truck break downs usually = finishing the day in the dark or not at all. Even stopping for lunch, i was one of the first trucks back to the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    Yer definitely earning yer money, BRG....
    My most recent promotion came with a very welcome raise. It also came with far more stress and BS than i had imagined. Yea Ray... i do. You never really appreciate how lazy, defiant, entitled, and stupid humans can be until you have to manage them. Herding cats is tough work.

Thank god its the weekend! Longest week ever.

banned
    Jan 2013
    I really DO enjoy scratching my penis.
    I enjoy a less abrasive rubbing..... but, I'm not dealing with penile fungus.

live long and huck
    Right you are DJ. Its always nice to know that you can do something yourself way cheaper than a pro. And at the end of the day there's nothing like a job well done.
    Um, are we venturing back into hooker talk??

Sounds more like a solo mission to me.

I didn't do it
    Mad props to our mechanic, he made it out to me with a loaded truck in about an hour. Truck break downs usually = finishing the day in the dark or not at all. Even stopping for lunch, i was one of the first trucks back to the yard.

Thank god its the weekend! Longest week ever.
    Well done. Now enjoy that weekend! You earned it.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Ha, not this time. We're talking autobody work.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

live long and huck
    Ha, not this time. We're talking autobody work.
    Oh. Not interested.

live long and huck
    Actually, speaking of auto body, and hand jobs, I did a pretty half assed repair on the dent I put in my Mustang. My immediate goal was to at least get the bare metal protected. I did a urethane base coat clear coat paint job on it, Ive got to do a little leg work to put everything together to do it right. I got rid of all of that kinda stuff before I moved out here. Gonna be a pita just for a little 3" dent, that you can barely see.

I didn't do it
    Oh. Not interested.
    Lol, hookers are way more interesting than dents.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Actually, speaking of auto body, and hand jobs, I did a pretty half assed repair on the dent I put in my Mustang. My immediate goal was to at least get the bare metal protected. I did a urethane base coat clear coat paint job on it, Ive got to do a little leg work to put everything together to do it right. I got rid of all of that kinda stuff before I moved out here. Gonna be a pita just for a little 3" dent, that you can barely see.
    That's about how it went for me. Two fairly small bare spots took about a full day to repair. I'm happy that I did it though, now I have a bit more confidence going into the rainy season in another month or so.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Why have the pride of workmanship when you can just drop it off at a body shop and pick it up three days later. It's just a $500 bill compared to $40 and your time.

live long and huck
    When I originally did it, I took the whole car down to bare metal, there was 1 shopping cart ding in the passenger door that needed to be massaged. Then I sprayed it with filling primer, it was like cake frosting in the can, even reduced for spraying it was super thick. Then guide coat and a 16" sanding block for days. Then more primer, guide coat, and sanding. Sprayed on just under 2 gallons, before reducing. Sanded 90% of it back off. Body was super straight now though, you'd be surprised at the factory waves in a 1984 Ford body. Then 3 nice coats of black, 3 nice coats of clear. More and more and more block sanding, then the wheel. Went through the paint and clear steps three times, kept getting dust in it, black is tough to paint. From start to finish took me a full year to paint it.

When I originally did it, I took the whole car down to bare metal, there was 1 shopping cart ding in the passenger door that needed to be massaged. Then I sprayed it with filling primer, it was like cake frosting in the can, even reduced for spraying it was super thick. Then guide coat and a 16" sanding block for days. Then more primer, guide coat, and sainding. Sprayed on just under 2 gallons, before reducing. Sanded 90% of it back off. Body was super straight now though, you'd be surprised at the factory waves in a 1984 Ford body. Then 3 nice coats of black, 3 nice coats of clear. More and more and more block sanding, then the wheel. Went through the paint and clear steps three times, kept getting dust in it, black is tough to paint. Frt to finish took me a full year to paint it.

My GTO which my buddy and a I painted. His dad owned a body shop and now he has a very successful one. He painted my car black before I owned it. A friend of both of ours owned it prior. When I bought it I wanted the fresh black paint done again. I gave him a motorcycle as payment for his labor and I also bought all the supplies. So we both spent 2 weeks of sanding and blocking. Guide coat block sand guide coat block.

Finally he painted it and it still wasn't perfect enough. Back to another several days of blocking and guide coats. Then the final paint job of 4 coats of black and three clear coats with blue pearl added. It came out flawless and show quality. As you said black has to be done and redone to get it perfect. Then the color sanding and buffing for that deep glass finish.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 09-29-2014 at 12:55 PM.

I didn't do it
    Opti and DJ, those are some impressive projects. Really jumping into something like that would be pretty cool (and a lot of work). Talk about satisfaction.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Opti and DJ, those are some impressive projects. Really jumping into something like that would be pretty cool (and a lot of work). Talk about satisfaction.
    More mad props to Opti for jumping in / taking on such a project on his own. I only did it back in the day because my buddy knew what he was doing. I learned a lot from him and also worked at a body shop for several months with him. So if I had to today I could do the work I'd just be hesitate to jump in. Plus its an art form all in itself just getting the body straight and perfect. Actually shooting the paint is a whole nother animal.

I didn't do it
    More mad props to Opti for jumping in / taking on such a project on his own. I only did it back in the day because my buddy knew what he was doing. I learned a lot from him and also worked at a body shop for several months with him. So if I had to today I could do the work I'd just be hesitate to jump in. Plus its an art form all in itself just getting the body straight and perfect. Actually shooting the paint is a whole nother animal.
    Yup, that's kinda what I picked up on while educating myself. I developed some extra respect for what a good auto body professional can do.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

live long and huck
    It took me 3 full years to build that car, averaging probably 4-5 days out of 7 per week doing at least something to it. Ground up, bumper to bumper, nothing untouched. You don't know how many times during the process that I had wished I'd never started it. It turned out way better than I had envisioned. That's how I am though in virtually everything that I do, if I'm doing it, I'm doing it 100%. To be honest, I sort of consider it a character defect.

mtbr member
    My stupid neighbor made a complaint with the PD about our dogs barking "excessively" during a 15 minute window of time before bed. It was their last bathroom break before bed. Jeez, it's not like we leave them outside all day, every day to bark non-stop for 7 hours. They were out for 15 f'n minutes. We walk them EVERY DAY, rain or shine so they aren't being pent up and frustrated or anxious either. Argh.... wooosaaah.

mtbr member
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy45 View Post
    work, work, work....

so boring...

That's better than the alternative.

High Desert MTBer
    Started 2 new jobs which are freelance and mostly can be done from home. Still in the music biz, but if they work out, I should not have to travel too much any more!

Also just took delivery of my last 4 week supply (of 24) of the meds I have been taking since Springtime, and which have kept me at home fighting an illness. No more wrangling with insurance companies I hope, (this has been a very expensive time), and it looks like I am getting better! I even took on my first longer, (4.5 hour) ride up in the hills yesterday, and I am not completely spent today!

A good day!

(Update on the motorbike saga... the company are still pondering my case, but in the meantime I have found a product which, with many hours work, should restore it to acceptable, but not perfect, condition. Now perhaps they might provide some restitution to soften the blows?)
    It's all Here. Now.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    That's great news rocker, thanks for sharing.

Pipe Dreamer
    Yes, that is great news, rocker!
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Let me be the third to say: "That's great news, Rocker"!

High Desert MTBer
    I have to say, it was very good to get out far enough on the trails to feel like I was 'Far from the Madding Crowd'
    It's all Here. Now.

All fat, all the time.
    My day...
    Got a round of golf in (first one in a year!) Near the ocean in Ponce PR. Finished off with a couple beer and some grub... Fly home tomorrow. Good stuff. I need a bike ride bad

Rabid Lana Fan
    Cool, Shark.

I had a good day, got in some riding after work. Also, managed to not contract the ebola virus.

western NC
    Had to go to our Nasheville office today, had a decent steak for lunch on the company, and a pretty fun plane ride back courtesy of our pilot since there were no pukers on board. Pretty good day IMO

Rabid Lana Fan
    Steak lunches and acrobatic plane rides, all on the company's dime?

Yer a frikken rock star!

All fat, all the time.
    Saw bunches of these guys today.., did not realize they are so fast.....
    Tell us about your day-img_20140930691.jpg

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140930691.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	927903
    Hey, I heard the locals (locos) say that them are good eating. You should try one before you go.

western NC
    ^^Iguanas are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Steak lunches and acrobatic plane rides, all on the company's dime?

Yer a frikken rock star!
    LOL, I wish that was it. More like just some + and - G stuff in a twin engine cesna, still fun though. If i had the coin, flying would be my #1 hobby. Plus, I could fly anywhere to ride!

All fat, all the time.
    Hey, I heard the locals (locos) say that them are good eating. You should try one before you go.
    One of the contractors I was working with was going to BBQ some up, he says it's better then chicken.

Ride More, Work Less

Tell us about your day

I arrived at work at 6:30am. Left at 5:30pm. Went to a basketball game at 6pm. Arrived at home at 10pm. Been walking the dog for 16 min while screwing around here.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I have planned for a trekking with my friends, but I had to postpone it due to some problem, possibly to the next week.

banned
    Jul 2014
    i'm working all the day...so boring...biahhhh...

High Desert MTBer
    Day so far:

1. Heard finally from the company who make the cleaner that screwed up my motorbike... they have assessed the damage and accept zero blame. So, I strongly suggest that nobody buys Superclean degreaser, and if you do, make sure you test it properly on every surface and finish you are using it on. DO NOT use it at full strength even tho the directions say you can do so on engine and auto parts... The guy at the company even had the gall to say that if it was him using a product for the first time, he would call the company to check if it could be safely used! bastards!

2. Had a pleasant lunch with a friend who helped put all those shenanigans into perspective... they are still bastards!

3. Did some impromptu networking at a theater in town and picked up more work it seems...

4. Only 2 more weeks of meds...
    It's all Here. Now.

Day so far:

1. Heard finally from the company who make the cleaner that screwed up my motorbike... they have assessed the damage and accept zero blame. So, I strongly suggest that nobody buys Superclean degreaser, and if you do, make sure you test it properly on every surface and finish you are using it on. DO NOT use it at full strength even tho the directions say you can do so on engine and auto parts... The guy at the company even had the gall to say that if it was him using a product for the first time, he would call the company to check if it could be safely used! bastards!

2. Had a pleasant lunch with a friend who helped put all those shenanigans into perspective... they are still bastards!

3. Did some impromptu networking at a theater in town and picked up more work it seems...

Congrats on #4 the most important one. And as for #1 it's time you talked to an attorney IMO.
    Bastards!

High Desert MTBer
    Congrats on #4 the most important one. And as for #1 it's time you talked to an attorney IMO.
    Bastards!
    Right on both counts sir!
    It's all Here. Now.

Right on both counts sir!
    Seriously get an attorney. If he thinks you've got a case he will be all over it. From what I've heard you do.

Broken Hipster
    Was bitten on my ankle brace the second time by the same dog on my home trails.
    I went the f*** off on the owner this time. She was apologetic and says the dog has never bitten anyone and because it's been on the brace both times I can't be absolutely sure of the dog's intentions so I let it go again. But believe me she's aware of the problem....
    Thing is there are dog walk parks around here that used to be riding trails that have been usurped by dog walkers and have given us the boot. The biggest trail system is still ours and is managed by our club so I can't really see it going away anytime soon but we all know how these things work sometimes.
    The ride was great otherwise.

I didn't do it
    Day so far:

Not a bad day at all, well except for #1 (which is number 2, if you know what I mean). I will not use Superclean and I will bad mouth it at every chance I get.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

High Desert MTBer
    Today just went to poop! Had a fast and quick OTB moment coming down the hill earlier when the front caught a rain rut hidden in shadow and it threw me off the trail and onto the road next to it. 2 road cyclists passing by just carried on without a pause as I bit the blacktop, and a guy in a big ol' truck stopped across the lane with his warning lites on and asked if I needed help. There is hope! Just some nasty road rash that is not terminal, but it seems I have also pulled something quite important in the nether region area, cos I am having all kinds of trouble walking now. Alternating between ice packs and heat pads, and my nuts think I must have gone snowboarding near a sun-soaked beach or something. They're up and down faster than a fiddler's elbow!

Wife has just gone on a mission to get crutches, and I won't be riding for a while... Not looking forward to waking in the night and feeling the need...
    It's all Here. Now.

Pipe Dreamer
    Dangit!...rocker, not the news I was looking forward to. Sending lots of healing vibes your way ~~~~~~
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Today just went to poop! Had a fast and quick OTB moment coming down the hill earlier when the front caught a rain rut hidden in shadow and it threw me off the trail and onto the road next to it. 2 road cyclists passing by just carried on without a pause as I bit the blacktop, and a guy in a big ol' truck stopped across the lane with his warning lites on and asked if I needed help. There is hope! Just some nasty road rash that is not terminal, but it seems I have also pulled something quite important in the nether region area, cos I am having all kinds of trouble walking now. Alternating between ice packs and heat pads, and my nuts think I must have gone snowboarding near a sun-soaked beach or something. They're up and down faster than a fiddler's elbow!

Wife has just gone on a mission to get crutches, and I won't be riding for a while... Not looking forward to waking in the night and feeling the need...

Thank god for bubbas, eh, rocker? Roadies, on the other hand......
    I hope ya did'nt rupture nothin' or chip any teeth. I hate when that happens.

EDIT: Btw, rocker, yer posts are so consistently upbeat and positive that I completely forgot that you are battling a serious illness.
    Way to go with the positive thinking!

You are an inspiration to me, and I mean that.

I didn't do it

Ouch, that sounds painful. Ya, rest up and see if you can't get that healed up. No physical activity of any kind for awhile my friend.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    it started lastnight when I picked the boy up.
    Drove 4 hours of traffic to a spot out in the woods to camp out overnight. We slept in the back of the trucks camper shell. I brought out the DVD player and we watched half of True Grit ( the original) until we were tired and fell asleep to the Moon rise.
    This morning we were up early enough to watch the Sunrise. have some cereal, watch the end of the movie, and strap our Hoglegs on for a walk out to hunt some squirrels.
    1030 hrs. we had driven to the shooting range to shoot 550 rounds of .22 and 100 rounds of .45 Long Colt. for 4 hrs. oh yeah, ate junk all day. it was awesome !

Tell us about your day-camping-trip-003.jpg
    Tell us about your day-camping-trip-009.jpg
    Tell us about your day-camping-trip-013.jpg
    -Dad

High Desert MTBer
    Thank god for bubbas, eh, rocker? Roadies, on the other hand......
    I hope ya did'nt rupture nothin' or chip any teeth. I hate when that happens.

EDIT: Btw, rocker, yer posts are so consistently upbeat and positive that I completely forgot that you are battling a serious illness.
    Way to go with the positive thinking!

You are an inspiration to me, and I mean that.
    The way I look at it Ray, we can only do what we can do today, no matter what comes our way. Whatever comes at us can be dealt with, might as well try and enjoy doing it, or to do it in a way that just gets it done so we can move on to whatever is next...

I am glad to say that my 'bits down below' are no worse than they were last night, which is very good as I had wondered if I would be able to move at all this morning. Cats are looking at me strangely as I hobble past on the leopard print cane my wife brought home last night. Walgreens were out of crutches...
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    it started lastnight when I picked the boy up.
    Drove 4 hours of traffic to a spot out in the woods to camp out overnight. We slept in the back of the trucks camper shell. I brought out the DVD player and we watched half of True Grit ( the original) until we were tired and fell asleep to the Moon rise.
    This morning we were up early enough to watch the Sunrise. have some cereal, watch the end of the movie, and strap our Hoglegs on for a walk out to hunt some squirrels.
    1030 hrs. we had driven to the shooting range to shoot 550 rounds of .22 and 100 rounds of .45 Long Colt. for 4 hrs. oh yeah, ate junk all day. it was awesome !
    Cool memories your boy will have for life! Nice one
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    Cats are looking at me strangely as I hobble past on the leopard print cane my wife brought home last night. Walgreens were out of crutches...
    Never having used a walking cane before, I wondered if the cats knew something that I did not, so I went to the innerweb to look up something along the lines of 'correct use of the cane'... well, I have to say, I never knew this was such a spectator sport! After sifting thru the plethora of uses of a correctional nature for which I have little use at this time, I found I had been doing it all wrong! I am supposed to be holding it in the opposite hand from the gammy leg! The cats are all smiles now when I pass slowly by... "That's our dad, thanks to us he got it right!" they seem to be saying...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Having not kept up with what the cane is for. I hope you heal-up right quick.
    -Dad

banned
    Sep 2010
    Never having used a walking cane before, I wondered if the cats knew something that I did not, so I went to the innerweb to look up something along the lines of 'correct use of the cane'... well, I have to say, I never knew this was such a spectator sport! After sifting thru the plethora of uses of a correctional nature for which I have little use at this time, I found I had been doing it all wrong! I am supposed to be holding it in the opposite hand from the gammy leg! The cats are all smiles now when I pass slowly by... "That's our dad, thanks to us he got it right!" they seem to be saying...
    Now look up all the Youtube videos that teach you how to beat people to death with a cane.

Should be good for your morale, if nothing else.

Hi There!
    Today is my daughter's 16th birthday but it's kind of a downer. The girl who she thought was her best friend made plans with her for yesterday and then ditched her. We are supposed to bring this friend on an out of town trip next weekend that we already paid for everyone's tickets and hotel room and now that seems to be up in the air.

My daughter seems to have trouble keeping friends for some reason and I just can't figure it out. When I was in high school way way way back I was friends with everyone. I've always told her just be nice to everyone whether you like them or not and she says she is....I mean she gets good grades, she's never been in trouble (knock wood) I just don't get it.
    NTFTC

I didn't do it
    That stinks. Its a cliche but teenagers can be cruel, or at least real dumbasses.

At 16 is she in 9th grade? And is she now in a new school? Its possible that she's going through that painful process of sorting out who her real friends are and who isn't friend worthy. I moved around a lot when I was a kid and it was brutal dealing with new environments all the time.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    Today is my daughter's 16th birthday but it's kind of a downer. The girl who she thought was her best friend made plans with her for yesterday and then ditched her. We are supposed to bring this friend on an out of town trip next weekend that we already paid for everyone's tickets and hotel room and now that seems to be up in the air.

My daughter seems to have trouble keeping friends for some reason and I just can't figure it out. When I was in high school way way way back I was friends with everyone. I've always told her just be nice to everyone whether you like them or not and she says she is....I mean she gets good grades, she's never been in trouble (knock wood) I just don't get it.
    I dunno what to say, because in my long life I apparently never succeeded in passing my valuable genes into the human pool.

So I got nothin' to add, except that your situation sounds really unfortunate. I can't imagine how much it must hurt a parent to stand by and witness this kind of crap.

I didn't do it
    Whatever you do, don't start muttering "get of my lawn" or "damn kids these days".
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Hi There!
    That stinks. Its a cliche but teenagers can be cruel, or at least real dumbasses.

At 16 is she in 9th grade? And is she now in a new school? Its possible that she's going through that painful process of sorting out who her real friends are and who isn't friend worthy. I moved around a lot when I was a kid and it was brutal dealing with new environments all the time.
    She's in 10th grade and been going to school with a lot of these kids since middle school. I'm beginning to think she's just too opinionated or something that turns people off after a while. I don't know, she'll be friends with people and then not and so on...I used to give her advice but I think I'm just going to let her figure things out on her own and see how it goes. Life lessons for her I guess.
    NTFTC

Hi There!
    I dunno what to say, because in my long life I apparently never succeeded in passing my valuable genes into the human pool.

So I got nothin' to add, except that your situation sounds really unfortunate. I can't imagine how much it must hurt a parent to stand by and witness this kind of crap.
    Thanks dude.
    NTFTC

banned
    Sep 2010
    Thanks dude.
    Frienda mine has a daughter who had all kinds of trouble with the other girls in her High school. They are pretty treacherous these day, these kids, with entrapment and emails and so on. The only reason I was able to help was because the school's founder and principle (it's a performing arts magnet school) was a client of mine, and all I had to do was mention her name, and she was aware of the whole situation. She took care of it. Nobody got suspended, and my friend's daughter recently graduated and is going on to college.

Maybe I didn't do him any favor, because now he's sweatin' the college costs, big time.

I know having progeny is a joy, a blessing, and all of that, but these stories all serve to help me feel not so bad about being child-less.
    I got enough challenges just with a couple of cats.

Hi There!
    We usually do as many chores as possible on Friday after work so we can have free time on the weekend. I'm off today so I've been busting them out already...vacuuming and mopping at 8am anyone...

Then I'm hitting the trails, bike's already in the car.
    NTFTC

GONE
    Nov 2008
    We usually do as many chores as possible on Friday after work so we can have free time on the weekend. I'm off today so I've been busting them out already...vacuuming and mopping at 8am anyone...

Then I'm hitting the trails, bike's already in the car.
    Good dog!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

rubber side down

Are daughters sound alike. She also just turned 16 and her one "friend" kooked out and did not come to her sweet 16 party....She has some other "friends" but no one she hangs with daily. Me and my wife had at least 3-5 good friends as a jr in high school.....? Where does your daughter go to school, we're in Plantation
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    You must be really bored if you have read this entire post.

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post

Name:	IMG_20140930691.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	927903
    They are hard to kill too! We have them all over the sea wall...I started poppin' them off with a pellet gun. You'll hit them and they won't even move. You have to pop them right in the brain and drop like a fly.

Before anyone starts hating....they **** EVERYWHERE, are dirty and are not native. I have 3 dogs/3 kids....I can't lie tho, it is kinda fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    You must be really bored if you have read this entire post.

High Desert MTBer
    Day started out well so far...

Tell us about your day-img_1260.jpg
    It's all Here. Now.

banned
    Sep 2012

I don't have kids yet but being in my early 30's I have just gone through a long period of finding out who real friends are. While I have great memories of being part of a good group of friends in the end it all passes and every day that goes by puts the high school chapter farther and farther away. Look how many of the cool kids turn out to be fat losers and some of the people who weren't the best at socializing in HS turn out successful with lasting friendships.

When we are young and dumb we think that high school is the best time and that everyone older than college aged is lame and old. That is the farthest from the truth. Some of my coolest friends are more than a decade older than me and I don't even like to do what some of my old friends still think is fun. I only regularly converse with my true friends and don't do Facebook or any of that meaningless stuff some people try to hold onto.

I have had a best friend since first grade and the reason we are still such good buds is due to the fact that we aren't up in each others chit all the time and enjoy the time when we do hang out. He lives in Oregon now so I hardly see him but I know I can count on him and when we do see each other it's like we are kids again.

Life is more than having a bunch of friends, it's how you spend time with your friends and how they make you feel.

I didn't do it

Name:	IMG_1260.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	931915
    So far so good (great).
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Just another day spent looking at monkey "parts"...

Tell us about your day-15371795240_14ce903758_c.jpg

banned
    Sep 2010
    ^That sounds important.^ I'm about to embark on another day of attempting to relieve suffering.
    And later, a bike ride.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    I don't have kids yet but being in my early 30's I have just gone through a long period of finding out who real friends are. While I have great memories of being part of a good group of friends in the end it all passes and every day that goes by puts the high school chapter farther and farther away. Look how many of the cool kids turn out to be fat losers and some of the people who weren't the best at socializing in HS turn out successful with lasting friendships.

When we are young and dumb we think that high school is the best time and that everyone older than college aged is lame and old. That is the farthest from the truth. Some of my coolest friends are more than a decade older than me and I don't even like to do what some of my old friends still think is fun. I only regularly converse with my true friends and don't do Facebook or any of that meaningless stuff some people try to hold onto.

I have had a best friend since first grade and the reason we are still such good buds is due to the fact that we aren't up in each others chit all the time and enjoy the time when we do hang out. He lives in Oregon now so I hardly see him but I know I can count on him and when we do see each other it's like we are kids again.

Life is more than having a bunch of friends, it's how you spend time with your friends and how they make you feel.
    All true. I'd add that it's also about how you make them feel, or help them. If I'm not helping somebody, then I'm not their friend.

High Desert MTBer

Name:	IMG_1260.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	931915
    NOON UPDATE:

Day continues...

Walking without the cane now. Rode the motorbike down to the store early, then realised I could not lift my leg far enough to get off! It had sort of seized up. Rather than ask a stranger to help lift my leg for me, I turned around and went home to wait till my wife got home with the car. In the garage at home I had to ignominiously slide carefully off the back of the seat. There is no video available...

Insurance adjuster came round to look at the damage to the motorbike as described earlier in this thread, and she tells me she thinks the bike will be written off as it would cost too much to replace all of the damaged parts. I would be paid full book value less the deductible, and someone will get a screaming good deal at the salvage auction! Looks like the insurance company will also go after the makers of the offending product... good... they are still bastards...

Stand by for further updates...
    It's all Here. Now.

banned
    Sep 2010
    ^^ rocker, I see hot new Triumph motorbike in your near future.

Theyr'e great....my neighbor has two of 'em, he uses them in his business, which is a "learn to wheelie" academy. They have precision-adjustable "wheelie" bars on the back, so you can learn incrementally how to hold a wheelie in some degree of safety.
    To graduate, everybody rides a fairly long wheelie section on their own with the training wheels off. Wives buy the course as gifts for their middle-aged hubby who never did learn to do a proper wheelie.
    I sh*t you not............he charges $500 for a weekend course, complete with catered lunches.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    My day sucked big time. My blood pressure is up and I am very upset. I'm gonna grab as much junk food as I can find here at home, and settle down to watch a Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, or Hobbit movie in a few mins.

^^ rocker, I see hot new Triumph motorbike in your near future.

Theyr'e great....my neighbor has two of 'em, he uses them in his business, which is a "learn to wheelie" academy. They have precision-adjustable "wheelie" bars on the back, so you can learn incrementally how to hold a wheelie in some degree of safety.
    To graduate, everybody rides a fairly long wheelie section on their own with the training wheels off. Wives buy the course as gifts for their middle-aged hubby who never did learn to do a proper wheelie.
    I sh*t you not............he charges $500 for a weekend course, complete with catered lunches.
    Oh Jeeze in my opinion having ridden motorcycles since the age of 8. You either have the wheelie gene or you don't. Many guy's ride all their lives and can't ride a wheelie others pick it up as a boy and ride off into the sunset on one wheel. A class that teaches riders how to wheelie is just asking for trouble. It's like guys that take up riding a motorcycle at age 40 and buy a crotch rocket. Death is soon to follow.

My day sucked big time. My blood pressure is up and I am very upset. I'm gonna grab as much junk food as I can find here at home, and settle down to watch a Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, or Hobbit movie in a few mins.
    How about some wifey love therapy instead of a SciFi flick.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    How about some wifey love therapy instead of a SciFi flick.
    The wifey is "off limits" at this time.

The wifey is "off limits" at this time.
    Well then I guess it's going to turn gray again.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Oh Jeeze in my opinion having ridden motorcycles since the age of 8. You either have the wheelie gene or you don't. Many guy's ride all their lives and can't ride a wheelie others pick it up as a boy and ride off into the sunset on one wheel. A class that teaches riders how to wheelie is just asking for trouble. It's like guys that take up riding a motorcycle at age 40 and buy a crotch rocket. Death is soon to follow.
    I totally agree. I always tell people, the day they see me on a Ducati, they will know I am fixing to die.

The only place that lets him put these classes on is a local indian reservation. Sovereign Nation law there is pretty ambiguous on encouraging old white guys to kill themselves, for some reason...

I totally agree. I always tell people, the day they see me on a Ducati, they will know I am fixing to die.

The only place that lets him put these classes on is a local indian reservation. Sovereign Nation law there is pretty ambiguous on encouraging old white guys to kill themselves, for some reason...
    Ha,Ha and sorry about sounding harsh but this subject has always bothered me.

Scenario:

"So you've never ridden a motorcycle" no "here strap on 180 H.P. of rocket ship between your legs and have at it"

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Well then I guess it's going to turn gray again.
    More like "blue".

More like "blue".
    Yup!

Gray being an inside joke.

mtbr member
    Today I 'worked from home'

and was busy mostly working on my Dad's wood urn. I've got to go back up and see Mom on the 31st for the weekend and I needed to have this finished by then.

Tell us about your day-urn-007.jpg
    don't know what wood it is, I got it off a shipping crate from Japan.

Cut the letter from some Brass stock I had saved for something special.

Tell us about your day-urn-006.jpg

then couldn't decide where to put it.

Tell us about your day-urn-010.jpg

Tell us about your day-urn-013.jpg

Tell us about your day-urn-011.jpg

Finally decided on the top center.

Tell us about your day-urn-015.jpg

a little inlay action and some JB weld and it should be good for tomorrow.

Tell us about your day-urn-016.jpg

Tell us about your day-urn-017.jpg

Going to stain it ... what else ?? " GunStock "

Tell us about your day-urn-008.jpg

Tomorrow should be a good day too.
    -Dad

GONE
    Nov 2008
    ^Wow, FB that is really fantastic!

banned
    Sep 2010
    FB that's beautiful.

And the Post of the Month, to boot.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Awesome!

Yes I concur FB excellent work.

mtbr member
    Thanks.

Worked on the Urn a few more hours and got the first coat of clear on.

Tell us about your day-urn-004.jpg
    -Dad

****** to the dirt
    that is some amazing work FB.
    My Blog

High Desert MTBer
    Tried to ride my MTB today for the first time after my little OTB moment last week, and altho painful getting on and even worse getting off, once pedaling I was pretty good. I went up the road a way, onto the dirt at the end of my street, and hit a rock or two to see how that was... hmmm. Not a good thing... I think I will be waiting it out another few days!

BTW, that is some beautiful work FB. There is a lot of your heart in that A true Labor of Love!
    It's all Here. Now.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Tried to ride my MTB today for the first time after my little OTB moment last week, and altho painful getting on and even worse getting off, once pedaling I was pretty good. I went up the road a way, onto the dirt at the end of my street, and hit a rock or two to see how that was... hmmm. Not a good thing... I think I will be waiting it out another few days!
    Glad to hear things are moving forward for you, how ever slowly. Clearly, you are smart enough to know not to push it.

I didn't do it
    You weren't kidding about that groin injury. I would suggest regular massages to loosen things up.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    BTW, that is some beautiful work FB. There is a lot of your heart in that A true Labor of Love!
    Thank you, and yes sir, it is.

and like Hawg says, don't push it. it takes a lot of time for you old dudes to heal.
    -Dad

High Desert MTBer
    You weren't kidding about that groin injury. I would suggest regular messages to loosen things up.
    I've tried messaging my groin repeatedly, but it does not seem to be helping, and I never get a reply...

FB... Us old guys are only as old as the groins we feel...

wait! that didn't come out right...
    It's all Here. Now.

****** to the dirt
    I've tried messaging my groin repeatedly, but it does not seem to be helping, and I never get a reply...

FB... Us old guys are only as old as the groins we feel...

wait! that didn't come out right...
    try massaging it.
    My Blog

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Worked from 8am to 1pm. Whoa is me, such a long day!!! Tomorrow I have to work from 9am to 1pm, what the hell is this sh_t?!!

****** to the dirt
    Worked from 8am to 1pm. Whoa is me, such a long day!!! Tomorrow I have to work from 9am to 1pm, what the hell is this sh_t?!!
    Can we trade jobs?
    My Blog

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Can we trade jobs?
    How do you feel about lifting 1000-2000 pounds per work day, every work day? I've been doing it for almost 17 years now and it's showing it's ugly signs of wear on me. I may need a replacement, though... my body grows tired of such abuse.

Still interested? You'd have to become an American! OMG!!!

****** to the dirt
    How do you feel about lifting 1000-2000 pounds per work day, every work day? I've been doing it for almost 17 years now and it's showing it's ugly signs of wear on me. I may need a replacement, though... my body grows tired of such abuse.

Still interested? You'd have to become an American! OMG!!!
    IU already do that but have been working 12-15 hrs a day. I think they need to rebuild me, they have the technology
    My Blog

Got up showered shaved and hit the road. Stopped at Starbucks then went to work. Worked and then worked some more. Took an hour for lunch then returned to work. Worked some more then went home. Tomorrow should be about the same and it should be spectacular.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    IU already do that but have been working 12-15 hrs a day. I think they need to rebuild me, they have the technology
    What do you do at work?

mtbr member
    What do you do at work?
    Carpenter... I believe.
    -Dad

High Desert MTBer
    Took my last medications last night, today my first day without... so far so good, feeling a bit twitchy after putting that stuff in me for 6 months, but hopefully my labs on Friday will bring happier news
    Need to get back to work soon, all this inactivity and medical expense is starting to weigh heavy on the finances... groin still groining a bit...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    hope your labs are real labby friday.
    -Dad

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Took my last medications last night, today my first day without... so far so good, feeling a bit twitchy after putting that stuff in me for 6 months, but hopefully my labs on Friday will bring happier news
    Need to get back to work soon, all this inactivity and medical expense is starting to weigh heavy on the finances... groin still groining a bit...
    What color Labs, yellow, black, white, or chocolate?

Members who have read this thread: 0