mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Star Trek passion

Ok, somewhere in some episode they rode a bike on some episode of Star Wretch.

IMHO Next Gen is the best. Followed by Enterprise(sorry I know that will be met with grief), then the Original. Let the fight begin. But let's start out with a little funny:
    https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e.../errorData.gif
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 07-17-2012 at 06:59 AM.
    2007 Cdale Caffeine 29er Lefty.
    "Your not going to shove you're proper grammer down are throats!!"

mtbr member
    I thought Enterprise was horrible. It never should have been aired. DS9 had some of the best script writing.

b a n n e d
    Wow that's so funny. You should totally check this out! MOAR Funny!
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Team Fearless Descender
    Oh, come on... we all know the original is the best. Hands down.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    I thought the passion forum was for posting about our riding passion. Hmmmm, I must be mistaken. Also I just want to put out that Star Trek is lame as hell.

wannabee
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    Oh, come on... we all know the original is the best. Hands down.
    My favorite episode ever. "The Arena" me thinks. Never ssaw a bike in star trek though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnoobadam View Post
    ............................ Also I just want to put out that Star Trek is lame as hell.

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Star Trek passion-9886348.jpg  

Stuff

mtbr member
    Star Wars is better. Carry on.

Perpetual Hack
    StarTrek - OG
    Next-Gen - Reboot - great at the time, the early episodes were a bit painfull but it grew into itself. - but doen't age as well...
    DS9 - Interesting and Dark at first, ended up being up its own arse. Total Soap-Opera
    Voyager - Good concept but just ended up being a rebooted Next-Gen that got lost is space.
    Enterprise - Had such high hopes, good actors, and a pretty much blank slate - but they ended up their own arses as well. Just about a new hokey SF cliche in every episode!!

The New movie - threw a lot of canon out the window - a bit startled at first, but I think in the long run the only way to keep going....the previous series' just about locked the lid on the OG universe.

Geek-Out done - I feel strangely better and much lighter to boot!!!

michael

Good god I'm pathetic - I just did a seach on StarTrek and bicycles and guess what I found. Would never be seen dead...

Star Trek FIRST LOOK: TOS Cycling Jerseys From Retro
    Hatched in 1964
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by ZmyDust View Post
    Star Wars is better. Carry on.
    Not a series, but maybe the ultimate - better than ALL of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Star Trek passion-2001_space_odyssey-2.jpg  

Stuff

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post

Good god I'm pathetic - I just did a seach on StarTrek and bicycles and guess what I found. Would never be seen dead...

Star Trek FIRST LOOK: TOS Cycling Jerseys From Retro
    I'd rock one of those!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    As long as you never go riding in a red jersey...

No Stranger to danger....
    yep, star wars is better imo, i have a bit of a passion for collecting the vintage Kenner starwars figures from my childhood, great old figures yes its a bid nerdy but i dont care, i never really liked star trek, i dont know why but i did love the origional 3 starwars movies, man they are part of my early childhood, n cool stuff

Surfin' da mountain
    OMG, would totally love to ride the entire loop of the space station in 2001 A Space Odyssey wearing this! Think of the trails you could ride in the Holodeck of the NexGen Enterprise!

P.S. I also like to watch other such cheesy stuff as Hawaii Five-O. I'm gonna ride those mountains in the background someday; with hot ladies in bikinis cheering me on .

I loved the show LOST. While all the characters were busy joining and desolving alliances. I would have been exploring that island for a bike and would have been building some trails.

I love to watch all the cheesy MTB Vids posted daily on Sicklines.com.

Lighten up - I know this a mountain bike page. But other than a few that made it their career, the rest of us have this MTB Passion that keeps us fit and explore beautiful scenery. Those space and SiFi shows are an extension of that passion, a vision of exploring beautiful scenery and travelling to new places. I'm not normally this deep - but just need to describe the connection.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Cucucachu; 07-17-2012 at 06:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Star Wars? Oh gees. Nasty. Kiddiefied sci fi. Worse than Voyager and that says a lot.

Perpetual Hack
    Dood

Like I said first time 'round...

NO WAY would I rock that - its RED - Don't you know what happens to guys wearing Red in the Trek-verse?

michael
    Hatched in 1964
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Oh yeah. No red star trek jerseys. Oh no.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Original.....especially "The Menagerie" with Capt. Pike and the trio of Talosians.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Beep. Beep Beep.

Surfin' da mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    Dood

Like I said first time 'round...

NO WAY would I rock that - its RED - Don't you know what happens to guys wearing Red in the Trek-verse?

michael
    You do make a valid point! What if it was Kirk green or Spock blue?

9 lives
    ha! turn up your sound

Slap Kirk
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    ha! turn up your sound

Slap Kirk
    LOL!!! I slapped him in hyper speed at least 50 times! And he loved it!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    ha! turn up your sound

Slap Kirk
    Thank's for that Judy. It's something I've always wanted to do.

Seriously!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Hurry, somebody make a "slap Hawg's face" version!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    Not a series, but maybe the ultimate - better than ALL of them.
    That's on Netflix now.

mtbr member
    Some of the early Enterprises were really good, I thought. The eagerness to explore and joy at finally being "out there," vs. their lack of preparedness and technological inferiority compared to many of the situations/aliens they run into. No effective sensors or weapons, not ready to deal with the things they confront, and they have to make it up or depend on improvised solutions or luck or intervention to save them. It really gave a feel for how dangerous the Star Trek universe could be to the unprepared. I don't think any of the other versions really brought that home as effectively...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Some of the early Enterprises were really good, I thought. The eagerness to explore and joy at finally being "out there," vs. their lack of preparedness and technological inferiority compared to many of the situations/aliens they run into. No effective sensors or weapons, not ready to deal with the things they confront, and they have to make it up or depend on improvised solutions or luck or intervention to save them. It really gave a feel for how dangerous the Star Trek universe could be to the unprepared. I don't think any of the other versions really brought that home as effectively...
    You do know that this is all Hollywood trickery and fantasy, no?
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Trekie for life. I loved all of the series. Other than the original I watched them all in first run. I think the original series is the best just because it was the original. It brought new ideas to boring tv. My favorite is definitely enterprise . I was a little concerned when I first heard scott bakula was going to be the captain. Loved him in quantum leap but didn't think he was captain material . after the first episode of enterprise he became my favorite captain.. L.L.A.P. and voyager was just awesome. A bad ass female captain that was willing to fight anyone.. Yes I will admit when you watch some star trek they can appear a little cheesy. But come on. Remember how long ago they were new and relevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Remember how long ago they were new and relevent.
    I'm old enough to remember when the series was first introduced in the sixties. As a kid and all through my adult life I never watched an entire episode or tuned in for more that 15 minutes at a time.

So "new and relevent" never in my world.

Apparently there are portions of society that never got into it.

________________DIVIDERS_____________________

As for Star Wars I went to the theater on opening day of the original one. Did I think it was cool? I thought it was different. Another series I never got in to after the original. I've seen parts of future ones but never any of them in their entirety. That I can remember anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You do know that this is all Hollywood trickery and fantasy, no?
    Whatever, man-next you'll tell my Santa Claus isn't real. Seriously, I was referring strictly to the quality of the story-telling. TV doesn't often do Science Fiction well so it's always exciting when they do it right even if only briefly. That's one thing about the original series--some of the best episodes were actually written by real science fiction authors.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Whatever, man-next you'll tell my Santa Claus isn't real. Seriously, I was referring strictly to the quality of the story-telling. TV doesn't often do Science Fiction well so it's always exciting when they do it right even if only briefly. That's one thing about the original series--some of the best episodes were actually written by real science fiction authors.
    LOL
    Sorry about being a Debbie downer.

mtbr member
    I remember seeing the original series in color for the first time at my gran'parents house. We still had a black and white tv at home. Shocking, all them primary colors!

mtbr member
    Star Trek is real, saw William Shathead at the airport once.
    My friend is a big fan, walked over with paper and a pen and ask for an autograph, he said sure, hundred bucks. My bud only had 20. Shathead grabbed the paper, scribbled, took the 20 and walked away, not even a smile
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    I guess if your not a science fiction fan it would not appeal to you. My wife does not like action movies so she gets board when we watch that kinda film also. Me I like science fiction and action adventure .. Maybe that's why I enjoy Mountain biking while riding my trek.. 😀

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Too funny!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    There is some talk of a new Series. TrekUnity has come up with sponsors to fund something with a Subtitle called "The Four Years War".

Summation: 6th Decade of 2250, the Aries class ship has yet to be built and Kirk has yet to take the Enterprise. This is the timeline of the war with the Klingons, of which the story centers on. Supposedly, the story arc should be continuous through every episode. I just hope the social understandings that Gene brought to the public eye is still wrote into the story arc to allow us, the viewer, to see are fallices and faults. I don't think we would be where we are today if Gene Roddenberry had not pressed the bounds of social hypocrisies that helped open our eyes to how we treat ourselves, others, and the policies that we use to help us progress.

Right now, with our current social undertones, we seriously need another Star Trek to show us our faults, once again. And since we are again in partial global struggle, this war would be the perfect place to expound on touchy subjects we are not socially being vigilant of.
    Goodbye '95 ZJ. Just so you know, transfering box of left behind womens panties to next truck. Thank you ZJ!

Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Star Trek is real, saw William Shathead at the airport once.
    My friend is a big fan, walked over with paper and a pen and ask for an autograph, he said sure, hundred bucks. My bud only had 20. Shathead grabbed the paper, scribbled, took the 20 and walked away, not even a smile
    I met him at a car show in Denver in the early 80's. He autographed a photo of him with the Enterprise in the background. I have no idea if I still have it boxed away somewhere. I've never been one to be star struck by famous people. Especially after living in So. Cal. for so long.

EMBA Member
    Watched the original Star Trek first run on tv back in the 60's. My mom liked the show, so we all watched it too. I've seen most of the episodes of the other Star Trek series too. Some of DS9 was really good, I thought. All the conflict and intrigue made for entertaining television. I initially didn't like the Star Trek: Enterprise series, but once they got into the Xindi story arc, it got good. I was sorry to see that series cancelled. If they ever re-boot Star Trek on TV, I'll tune in.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008

Rabid Lana fan
    I didn't know Chekov was a red-shirter.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I didn't know Chekov was a red-shirter.
    He had Engineer status, too.

Maaaaan
    Yes, the JJ Abrams curse. First Han Solo dies, now Chekhov.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

One ring to mash them all
    Crushed by his own wehicle.
    It's not rcoket scinece.

mtbr member
    Very sad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    Watched the original Star Trek first run on tv back in the 60's. My mom liked the show, so we all watched it too. I've seen most of the episodes of the other Star Trek series too. Some of DS9 was really good, I thought. All the conflict and intrigue made for entertaining television. I initially didn't like the Star Trek: Enterprise series, but once they got into the Xindi story arc, it got good. I was sorry to see that series cancelled. If they ever re-boot Star Trek on TV, I'll tune in.
    I watched one episode of TOS first run and was hooked, then read every James Blish novelization of the original episodes before I watched them (years later), because my dad always watched Gun Smoke and they were on the same time where we lived. Dad was gone for the week deer hunting that one week.

TOS had both good and bad writing but was so ahead of its time.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby Woof (MCM700) View Post
    Sad, and the Jeep he was driving was under recall.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/latest-...162942695.html

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Crushed by his own wehicle.
    Ooooooohhhhh.

Not helpful.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/latest-...162942695.html
    I, for one, am horrified, and am besides myself. I hope there's a lawsuit for all of us deprived of his future talents.

mtbr member
    Fiat and Chrysler? Gulp!

Not helpful.
    I have some 'passion' for Lt. Uhura.

Star Trek passion-uhura_distracts_hikaru_sulu_-mirror-.jpg

Not helpful.

Members who have read this thread: 0