mtbr member

Sorry folks, the Mayans get the last laugh.

mtbr member
    I am so disappointed. Now I have to buy Christmas presents after all.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    There will be a new end of the world theory in a few months.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    I am so disappointed. Now I have to buy Christmas presents after all.
    +This

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RockHillMtBiker View Post
    There will be a new end of the world theory in a few months.
    I bet it'll come from that cult guy who already predicted the end of the world twice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    I bet it'll come from that cult guy who already predicted the end of the world twice.
    Hopefully his third time isn't more successful than the first two.

see me rollin, they hatin
    remember that religious guy who claimed twice this year the world was going to end? Still waiting to see what he says....i mean, i quit my job, sold all my belongings, and gave him all my money. He HAS to be right a third time!

Good, green, Oregon.
    Let me twist your minds a little bit here. Or, the governments of the world know something is coming, and the fervor of 12/21/12 has built up so much, that they had to slow it down a bit before panic ensues, so they come out and say "Nothing to see here. Move along".

You have Doomsday Prepper shows now on multiple channels, Chevy used the 2012 Doomsday in a Suer Bowl commercial this year as are other companies, DUMBs all over the US, other countries have underground bunkers recently built to house entire populations, etc.

By no means do I believe 12/21/12 is the end times, but you have to wonder. But I know, they are crazy theories for sure, or are they? As you know, we, as in the general public, are always told the truth by our gubment! Also, does anyone remember Y2K? I think there are more people freaked out about 12/21/12 than there was about Y2K, and remember how crazy that was.

But for me, I'll be hosting a party on 12/21/12 as it is a Friday night. If it happens, I won't wake up with a hangover. If it doesn't, I guess I'll be happy that I have that hangover, because I am alive!
    *2016 Transition Patrol Carbon (aka: Sweet Pea)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be
    around for years to come. Whatever you think
    the Mayans mean.

Best, John

AZ
    banned
    The Mayans couldn't predict their own demise, what makes anyone think they could predict the end of the world?

mtbr member
    It's been the end of the world since the begining of civilization, nothing new to see here.. Carry on.

mtbr member

This

I'm not exactly sure when "today" according to this picture, I'm sure you could figure it out if you cared, but this first showed about a month or so ago. Either way, even if the Mayan's prediction was correct, their "2012" would be long gone and so would the world...

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Who here hopes the world will end on December 21, 2012?
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

High Desert MTBer
    What the Mayans, and several other cultures in fact 'predicted', was that everything runs in cycles of a number of years. Due to the nature of all kinds of well documented things, among them leap years, there can be no exactitude about when any change will come about, but with our way of measuring and our need to be precise about everything so Hallmark can get the cards ready in time, we demand satisfaction in knowing precisely when so we can make sure the bunker is done in time.
    We cannot presume to know exactly what those people were 'predicting', suffice to say that they did have a pretty shrewd grasp of matters that we have lost touch with, and their 'predictions" did not necessarily mean an end to the world, just some major changes somewhere around this period in our history.
    I suggest you don't cancel the milk, and start getting those Xmas presents in. If you are building a bunker, how about moving some needy homeless people in there?
    It's all Here. Now.

Is not amused
    What about the asteroid that is supposed to hit in February of next year.

Never mind, Found some info on it.

Blast it or paint it: Asteroid to threaten Earth in 2013 — RT

Mid-size asteroid won't hit Earth in 2013: NASA - Technology & science - Space - Space.com - msnbc.com

Say's it won't hit . Seems legit.
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 05-12-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I should go back to school.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

since 4/10/2009
    Chachi, you think too much. The "preppers" have been at it for a long time. They are an offshoot of the survivalists.

About all that's worth prepping for is the next hurricane or earthquake or flood or whatever...or zombie apocalypse. Katrina was a good example of the kinds of things folks need to think about realistically. Same with the tsunami in the Indian ocean. I know people who still remember the Mt St Helens eruption and keep it in mind with their disaster planning on the west coast.

Everywhere you live has some level of natural disaster risk and it's wise to consider them.

Worrying about conspiracies of some made-up Hollywood apocalypse is a waste of time. Would be like trying to prep for the Yellowstone supervolcano eruption...which will be such a massive event when it does happen as to defy prepper strategies.

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    The Mayans couldn't predict their own demise, what makes anyone think they could predict the end of the world?
    Actually, they could, I think I saw it on the history channel or something. There calender was extremely accurate. From what I understand, they predicted within a few hours the conquest of Cortez that led to the fall of the Mayans and the Aztecs.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Would be like trying to prep for the Yellowstone supervolcano eruption...which will be such a massive event when it does happen as to defy prepper strategies.
    Ya, how do you prep for a massive explosion that rips much of N. America apart and rains burning debris down on half the world?

I am far more concerned about the zombie apocalypse than I am about the Mayans.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Members who have read this thread: 0