~ B A D A S S ~

The simulation argument and some high grade trolling.

I found this interesting thread about the "simulation argument"

The simulation arguement pretty much means this:

The computers are getting more and more powerful all the time, and in 100 years or so the computers have become so powerful so they can simulate the entire earth in realtime some time back (with all its inhabitants), like in 2012. These computer simulations would be similar to sim city but obviously much more advanced and detailed. These computers will also be very widespread, just as they are today, and these simulations programs will be popular just as regular computer games are today.

Now if we accept that computers get this powerful in the future, this means that its much more likely that we are actually living in a computer simulation than in a real universe, since in the future they can create an unlimited number of these simulations/universes. The odds then are against us to say the least. Actually we are not living if this is the case, we are just a computer simulation but we don't know it because the simulation is so realistic.

This gets even more interesting now that some scientists claims to have found error correcting codes in the building blocks of string theory. Now there is no proof that string theory is real or is correct or even that you can prove that string theory ever can be proven to exist.

But lets assume it does and also lets assume these scientists are right about the error correcting codes. That could mean 2 things; reality uses error correcting codes or; we don't actually exist. The odds are saying the latter.

Also another thing to consider is that the smallest distance is a planck length and the smallest time is a planck time. This is similar to pixels in a picture. You can never get more detail than the individual pixels, and you can never divide time or space more than a planck time or planck length. Much like how a computer would render stuff, in discrete units.

Also the more we try to understand reality the more we understand that we don't understand it, the theories never converge, so we have to invent fudge factors such as "dark energy" and "dark matter" to fill the holes. Maybe it is that way because there is nothing to fully understand because someone is just simulating all this in a home computer, having some fun, and they are just using fudge factors to make this "realistic enough" for us, but if we dig deep there is just confusion. Or if you like; proof that reality can't be real because nothing makes sense.

This also means that god, is actually humans 100 years in the future.

Its a real mindbender if you think about it.

more info here Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq, page 1
    Sum info Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also some comedy I happened to find on the same very site. This has to be the best trolling ever on the internet. Arm you tinfoil hats!

Theory...

Whales and Dolphins created earthquake/Tsunami to retaliate against Japans whale and dolphin fishing

Has it occured to anyone that The disasters in Japan have been created by mother nature? Whales and Dolphin have been brutally slaughtered by the Japanese fishing industry and now they've had enough! Whales and dolphins have been found to hold great intelligence in scientific studies. No one knows how intelligent they actually are but it has been thought that they may be on Par with the human race. Its possible whales and dolphins have gotten to the point twhere they are tired of their companions being murdered in cold blood and have found a way to strike back. No one knows what exactly lies at the bottom of the pacific ocean, is it possible whales and dolphins have harvested Atlantean/Alien technology to utter destroy Japan with a quake/tsunami? I really believe we need to start looking closer into the connection of the slaughter of these beautiful intelligent animals and the disaster that struck Japan. hell hath no wrath like a womans scorn..and mother nature is the baddest B*tch you'll ever meet.
    also

Well no one knows exactly how Atlantean technology works, but many have speculated it harvests the power of crystals and harmonics. Both whales and dolphins are gifted with the ability to harness sonar communication and navigation. It is possible that they have discovered a way to use their ability to harness crystal harmonics and operate powerfull weapons fo destructions? Is it also possible that alien technology is compatabile with the dolphin whales intelligence and that the animal communitys have finally decided enough is enough? I really believe we need to step back and take a look at the possibility that this is happening. I do symathize with the Japanese people and I hope for a successfull recovery of their country and people. I also hope that this message gets out to them and that they start realizing that the slaughter of these animals is wrong. Thank you
    This is the best trolling I have ever seen.

Whales and Dolphins created earthquake/Tsunami to retaliate against Japans whale and dolphin fishing, page 1

I just thought I should share this with you.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

Afric Pepperbird
    I like cheddar cheese!

Is not amused
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

I like turtles
    The Matrix has you Neo....
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    The Matrix has you Neo....
    That was my first thought...

Or "The Terminator" (computers blow everything up and take over...)

Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post

The computers are getting more and more powerful all the time, and in 100 years or so the computers have become so powerful so they can simulate the entire earth in realtime some time back (with all its inhabitants), like in 2012. These computer simulations would be similar to sim city but obviously much more advanced and detailed. These computers will also be very widespread, just as they are today, and these simulations programs will be popular just as regular computer games are today.

Now if we accept that computers get this powerful in the future, this means that its much more likely that we are actually living in a computer simulation than in a real universe, since in the future they can create an unlimited number of these simulations/universes. The odds then are against us to say the least. Actually we are not living if this is the case, we are just a computer simulation but we don't know it because the simulation is so realistic.

This gets even more interesting now that some scientists claims to have found error correcting codes in the building blocks of string theory. Now there is no proof that string theory is real or is correct or even that you can prove that string theory ever can be proven to exist.

But lets assume it does and also lets assume these scientists are right about the error correcting codes. That could mean 2 things; reality uses error correcting codes or; we don't actually exist. The odds are saying the latter.

Also another thing to consider is that the smallest distance is a planck length and the smallest time is a planck time. This is similar to pixels in a picture. You can never get more detail than the individual pixels, and you can never divide time or space more than a planck time or planck length. Much like how a computer would render stuff, in discrete units.

Also the more we try to understand reality the more we understand that we don't understand it, the theories never converge, so we have to invent fudge factors such as "dark energy" and "dark matter" to fill the holes. Maybe it is that way because there is nothing to fully understand because someone is just simulating all this in a home computer, having some fun, and they are just using fudge factors to make this "realistic enough" for us, but if we dig deep there is just confusion. Or if you like; proof that reality can't be real because nothing makes sense.

This also means that god, is actually humans 100 years in the future.

Its a real mindbender if you think about it.

more info here Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq, page 1
    Sum info Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also some comedy I happened to find on the same very site. This has to be the best trolling ever on the internet. Arm you tinfoil hats!

Theory...

Whales and Dolphins created earthquake/Tsunami to retaliate against Japans whale and dolphin fishing

also

This is the best trolling I have ever seen.

Whales and Dolphins created earthquake/Tsunami to retaliate against Japans whale and dolphin fishing, page 1

I just thought I should share this with you.
    As far as do we really "exist" or not, science can answer that.

I actually learned this while studing Buddhism (that led to atheism).

Protons and neutrons are tiny, but they're building blocks of the everyday world. If you wanted to find these particles, where would be the best place to look for them?

They're both present in atomic nuclei..

The word "nucleon" is a generic term for a proton or a neutron, the basic components of atomic nuclei. The mass of an atom is nearly all in its nucleus, which is made up of protons and neutrons bound together by the strong force. The number of protons determines which element it is, while the number of neutrons gives the specific isotope of that element; some isotopes are stable, and some are not. In a neutral atom, the positive charge of the nucleus is offset by negatively charged electrons, which orbit the nucleus in comparatively vast clouds. Chemical reactions occur when different atoms interact through their electrons.

Protons and neutrons aren't elementary particles: they're made up of other stuff. In fact, they're baryons, which means it's useful to think of them as containing three constituent quarks. In this picture, what types (or "flavors") of quarks go into protons and neutrons?

Up quarks and down quarks. Quarks are elementary particles that interact through all four fundamental forces. They have mass, so they feel gravity (albeit not very much). They have electric charge. They feel the strong force; in fact, that's what binds them together in composite particles like protons and neutrons. And they come in six flavors, which govern the way a quark experiences the weak force. Each flavor -- up, down, strange, charm, bottom, and top -- has a different mass. Three of them (up, charm, and top) have an electric charge of positive 2e/3, where e is the size of the electron charge, and the other three have a charge of negative e/3. Up and down quarks are the lightest of the six, and they're the constituents of our heroes. The proton has two ups and a down (uud), while the neutron has two downs and an up (udd). See how those charges add up?

The three-constituent-quark picture of protons and neutrons is useful, but it's a bit oversimplified. The insides of such particles are extremely dynamic places: in fact, a "sea" of particles, constantly popping in and out of existence, surrounds our three constituent quarks. Of what does this sea consist?

Pairs of quarks and antiquarks. The space between and around the constituent quarks is rich in energy carried by gluons. A gluon may spontaneously create a quark and its antimatter counterpart, an antiquark; just as spontaneously, the pair may annihilate each other and thereby recreate the gluon. Lighter flavors of (anti)quarks are more likely to be created this way, so the sea quarks are mostly ups and downs, with a dash of stranges. The pairs may be fleeting, but as a collective they contribute quite a lot to the mass and spin of both protons and neutrons.

So, as you can see, it is quite possible that everything we know started spontaneously (big bang theory) w/ out a creator or anything to facilitate it (remember: constantly popping in and out of existence). So, relitivly speaking, we as humans, who are made up of these ATOMS dont really exist and we are popping in and out of existance so to speak as we type these words.

But wait, there is still this time thing - does time really exist, no, again, its just another construct of the mind, therefore, it cant be used to confirm or deny the beginning or end of anything (there was NO TIME before the big bang - so, why would there be time now). Here is a question, If humans didn't exist, would there be time, of course not, it would be an error to think otherwise. Do you know, or understand the concept of what "FOREVER" is, can your little mind wrap itself around that concept well enough to fully grasp what it means, too truely understand it...of course not, time and forever are synonymous.

Anyway, this is a borderline "religious" discussion...and in any case, I'm an "atheist" for lack of a better term, so there's really nothing for me to talk about - (get it?).

As for the Dolphins/Whales, science already has a proven valid explanation earthquakes and tsunamis. That is just someone's ridiculous drivel and a very over-active imagination. I only have one more thing to say now - unless science can prove it - you might as well be imgagining things. Its that simple.
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 04-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Does that mean STD's are really just computer viruses?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post

The computers are getting more and more powerful all the time, and in 100 years or so the computers have become so powerful so they can simulate the entire earth in realtime ...
    Not to rain on your parade here, but your premise is incorrect. There are hard limits to computing power. Previous power increases have been achieved mainly through miniaturization, but this cannot continue indefinately.

At a more basic level, it is obviously impossible to simulate an environment more complex than the computer which is running the simulation. Realistically a computer would would have to be many times more complex (see: larger) than the earth in order to run a complete simulation of it.

Titanium junkie
    I feel gassy, that's all I got to contribute.
    On a serious note, time's, they are a changing.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Just showed this to my wife and her response was,

"sounds like a good movie".

banned
    Jun 2007
    Sure mis-guessed this thread. Anticipated some high-quality advice on troll fishing.

mtbr member
    Sorry but I don't speak nerd.. I think you were looking for the Star Trek forum.. The Official Star Trek Movie Forum - Powered by vBulletin
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

AZ
    banned
    AADD got the best of me.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    i like that chewing deer thingy

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebroside View Post
    Not to rain on your parade here, but your premise is incorrect. There are hard limits to computing power. Previous power increases have been achieved mainly through miniaturization, but this cannot continue indefinately.

At a more basic level, it is obviously impossible to simulate an environment more complex than the computer which is running the simulation. Realistically a computer would would have to be many times more complex (see: larger) than the earth in order to run a complete simulation of it.
    Ok 2 words: quantum computer. These exist commercially as of now Quantum computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No one knows what computers they will have in the future, maybe even quantum computers are 2-3 generations old then so you can't say for certain its impossible. 200 years ago it was impossible to talk to people on the other side of the globe too. And a few hundred years earlier you would get burned on the stake just for suggesting such sorcery. The truth is that we have no idea what the future will bring about anything, but its safe to say 500 years from now computers will be a tad faster and more powerful than now so the theory is valid.

At this point this is a philosophical thought experiment since we can't really prove it to be false or true.

I think the theory is interesting since its likely that its infact true. And there is nothing to suggest humans created this very (eventual) simulation, maybe we are just part of some types of aliens simulation. Its actually quite likely humans don't exist and never have, and never will if the simulation argument is true that is.

has anyone ever heard of AI, artificial intelligence? If this is true, AI exists and we are it, and now AI is trying to develop its own AI. Thats kinda fukced up.

Well, I found it interesting and look how many green dots and rep power I have, so this must be true.

Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

the half breed devil
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qQQJfoRzefM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aw, hell. i just have to throw this out there somehow...

Members who have read this thread: 0