See you later fake news- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

See you later fake news

https://www.similarweb.com/blog/us-m...nking-may-2017 Drudge moves to #2 ahead of CNN, etc. That's gotta hurt!
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

mtbr member
    Hurt who? Drudge is a right leaning news aggregator with zero original content, and espn is #4 on that list.

What point are you trying to make?
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

That CNN sucks balls?

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I'm not sure what's being alluded to here. It looks like it's just a matter of which "news" website generates more clicks, which really just equates to ad revenue, right? I mean, is this supposed to correlate to reporting accuracy?
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

Cycologist
    I noticed the Onion really climbed in the ratings. Finally, some truthiness.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    That CNN sucks balls?
    I guess. I don't watch any cable news, so I'll take your word.

Do you watch CNN?

Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    I guess. I don't watch any cable news, so I'll take your word.

Do you watch CNN?

I don't watch any of that drivel since the nightly news became entertainment. Journalistic integrity went by the wayside decades ago imo.

mtbr member
    I don't watch any of that drivel since the nightly news became entertainment. Journalistic integrity went by the wayside decades ago imo.
    That was the exact response that I expected. Thanks.

How then do you know that CNN is fake news, or "sucks balls", if you never watch it?

See, I don't watch CNN or Fox, or much TV at all, so I really have no opinion on what they put on TV, because I can't form one due to lack of knowledge on the subject. Yet here you are stating boldly on a public forum how poorly CNN does their job, despite the fact that you have no idea what's going on at CNN.

How does that work? Is someone telling you to think a certain way, and you're just going with that? Who is telling you what to think without allowing you to form your own opinions?

Myself - I'd stop listening to that person.

You?

How then do you know that CNN is fake news, or "sucks balls", if you never watch it?

See, I don't watch CNN or Fox, or much TV at all, so I really have no opinion on what they put on TV, because I can't form one due to lack of knowledge on the subject. Yet here you are stating boldly on a public forum how poorly CNN does their job, despite the fact that you have no idea what's going on at CNN.

How does that work? Is someone telling you to think a certain way, and you're just going with that? Who is telling you what to think without allowing you to form your own opinions?

You?

You might take notice that I posed my initial response as a question, feel free to troll someone else.

mtbr member
    You might take notice that I posed my initial response as a question, feel free to troll someone else.
    That CNN sucks balls?
    Yeah. I'm the troll here. Gotcha.

Too afraid to face simple questions? Got it, pal.

mtbr member

Maybe we are turning the corner?

I love to see the B.S. outlets claiming to be fair and balanced news get called out on their flat out lies. Funny thing is ... America is starting to wise up to some of these Presstitutes and the truth eventually ... alway's comes out eh?

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    As far as I can tell there have always been over zealous journalists who chase a story to illogical conclusions. The difference between the credible and not so credible agencies is that the credible agencies admit their mistakes and attempt to fix them. The less-than-credible agencies, well... we know what they do. They double-down and do everything they can to justify.

It's not terribly hard to pick out who is real and who's not.

mtbr member
    CNN is the skunk in the middle of the road on this thread! :-)

Here, diagonally!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I noticed the Onion really climbed in the ratings. Finally, some truthiness.
    Not surprised, because they are awesome. They give you the straight scoop on what is happening in the world today. They cover stories you won't see in the mainstream media.
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Is it blue on one side and white on the other or did you buy two of whatever that is?

mtbr member
    Hurt who? Drudge is a right leaning news aggregator with zero original content, and espn is #4 on that list.

What point are you trying to make?
    Ok Captain Kirk ... don't talk to #2/Spock like that please. ESPN wants you to be a good sport!

mtbr member
    Some things they do report that are true. Let's say a large hurricane hits the Gulf Coast and they report that. That's something that I would accept as true.

Then again, there are quite a few "news" stories that are loaded with very qualitative statements and language that I tend to be very suspicious of. For example, let's say that the news outlet connects the aforementioned hurricane to climate change* (something that I've seen). I know better than to correlate a single event to climate change and would be quite skeptical of the claim.

*I don't doubt climate change, but sometimes the subject gets hyped interpretations that don't fit the facts.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    First off me agrees with "life behind bars". Media for profit is the downfall to the truth. With that said right leaning outlets try to "report" the news as fact when indeed it's an opinion column. And left leaning outlets ramble on their opinions trying to get you to believe. Either way it's all mostly BS, and dumbing people down.

But For Juan wears a speedo or whatever your name is. Not much room for dumbing you down. You should start watching news so you have at least a clue.
    Would be a double payoff, cause then you'd spend less time on here trolling. Nothing fake bout that news
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    First off me agrees with "life behind bars". Media for profit is the downfall to the truth. With that said right leaning outlets try to "report" the news as fact when indeed it's an opinion column. And left leaning outlets ramble on their opinions trying to get you to believe. Either way it's all mostly BS, and dumbing people down.

But For Juan wears a speedo or whatever your name is. Not much room for dumbing you down. You should start watching news so you have at least a clue.
    Would be a double payoff, cause then you'd spend less time on here trolling. Nothing fake bout that news
    Dude. You are claiming that you are either smart or informed because you watch cable news.

That explains plenty. Now go watch Hannity. How else will you learn science?

mtbr member
    Oh shit. You were the big fish here, weren't you? Am I ruining your fun?

Also, you're in invisible mode on mtbr forums? That's pretty chickenshit, if you ask me.

mtbr member
    I don't believe anything anymore, if someone tells me they had chinease food for dinner, I think they are a racist liar.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Dude. You are claiming that you are either smart or informed because you watch cable news.

That explains plenty. Now go watch Hannity. How else will you learn science?
    I didn't claim that at all, what I did claim is you're obviously trolling hard and are not too swift.

And for the record I lean left, so wrong again

If I am in invisible mode that's news to me. I might change that, if I feel like. The only way you'd have noticed is if you're a stalker too
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

Dammit I'm having fun on the OC today

Thanks for playing here today everyone! OK ... I'll admit it ... Juan's SS avatar rocks and I'm gonna catch hell for this but he may be right on this Climate Change deal. Now Hannity ... he has balls as opposed to sucking ... never mind!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Thanks for playing here today everyone! OK ... I'll admit it ... Juan's SS avatar rocks and I'm gonna catch hell for this but he may be right on this Climate Change deal. Now Hannity ... he has balls as opposed to sucking ... never mind!
    Weird, after that text you sent me.

Hey Mods, am I allowed to share the texts?
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Weird, after that text you sent me.

Hey Mods, am I allowed to share the texts?
    No thats between us fish guys!

Here, diagonally!
    Full disclosure, I lean right (although I take a cafeteria approach).

So most of the time, the BS that Fox is pushing is more palatable to me. BS meaning the editorial ramblings regarding actual news stories during evening Prime time. Although they have gone further right recently for their evening shows, and it's getting a bit much even for me.

Sometimes getting the big picture means you have to watch Hannity and Maddow cover the same story. Kind of like the defense vs. prosecution. In general they don't straight-out lie, but they will both emphasize the parts of the story that support their point of view, and gloss-over or flat-out omit those that don't. So you get enough puzzle pieces to maybe put the whole story together, if you can stomach the extreme editorializing.

I always wanted CNN to be the voice of reason in the middle, and in some cases they have been. But I gave up on that some time ago. Frankly I feel they turned left. I'm sure many will disagree with me, which is fine.

Oddly I find Morning Joe on MSNBC to be reasonably well-balanced and thought provoking when I can catch it, although I am normally working when they are on.
    Is it blue on one side and white on the other or did you buy two of whatever that is?

Meatbomb
    I don't watch any of them. They all lie and get it wrong. People watch the slant they agree with. It's worse than reality TV.

Turn it off and live YOUR life, not what they want to to think.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I don't watch any of them. They all lie and get it wrong. People watch the slant they agree with. It's worse than reality TV.

Tutus are hot.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

Yes. All cable news on TV are basically liars. The "news" is highly manipulated. If it's a story about the local parade in your town and other such local or trivial news in the grand scheme of things, it is likely true. Anything that happens to do with politics and finance is filtered. If it fits the narrative we are supposed to believe then it is allowed through. If it isn't just right, it will be changed. If it's not appropriate at all in reinforcing the narrative, then it's deleted altogether.

The whole left / right debate is a diversion to keep the middle class bickering amongst itself and diverting attention away from the real war: between the middle class and the elites.

I personally have seen numerous times where the mainstream media, particularly CNN has flat out lied and fabricated phony stories. They literally are entertainment, worse than entertainment, because many people actually take them seriously. I don't have a TV anymore.
    All I am saying is give pizza chants

mtbr member
    That CNN sucks balls?
    This is why I love MTBR. I joined RBR in preparation for getting a road bike and it's simply Democrat Underground with wheels.

If I posted what you did there... I'd be banned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zgxtreme View Post
    This is why I love MTBR. I joined RBR in preparation for getting a road bike and it's simply Democrat Underground with wheels.

Yeah we can let it rip here cause OC is the anything goes section ... here goes nothing burgers! Project Veritas Exposes CNN's Van Jones: "The Russia Thing Is Just A Big Nothing Burger" | Zero Hedge

mtbr member
    Even ZH I take with a grain of salt.

mtbr member
    Oh yeah, PeekayTruth and Peekay22, that Australian guy on Youtube who did a great job of exposing all of the false flag terrorist attack hoaxes, has been officially silenced. His channels shut down and he may no longer return. Now where do you go? People have to set up their own websites to discuss this stuff now? I'm saving the best videos on my computer now while they are still up on Youtube, otherwise they could be gone forever.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_BC View Post
    Oh yeah, PeekayTruth and Peekay22, that Australian guy on Youtube who did a great job of exposing all of the false flag terrorist attack hoaxes, has been officially silenced. His channels shut down and he may no longer return. Now where do you go? People have to set up their own websites to discuss this stuff now? I'm saving the best videos on my computer now while they are still up on Youtube, otherwise they could be gone forever.
    The truthl shall set you free ... or sometimes it will set you on fire! I remember in high school playing the poker games 5 or 7 card no Peekay or peeky. The Australian guy is a ---t disturber.

mtbr member

The whole left / right debate is a diversion to keep the middle class bickering amongst itself and diverting attention away from the real war: between the middle class and the elites.
    Distraction by design and both parties have changed polarity 180° in the coarse of our history. I don't know if we're the most misinformed populous ever but certainly the most egregiously misinformed. Our last President bombed 9 countries (at least) decimating 3 (at least) toppling stable governments with a high standard of living to be replaced by chaos and won a Noble Peace Prize for his efforts. Our current President is a reality TV star baffon...a corporate puppet of all corporate puppets. But at least I know some Kardashian has a giant ass.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Rent this space for $
    Quote Originally Posted by zgxtreme View Post

Funny you mention that. That place is a train wreck. Biggest bunch of d-bags I've ever encountered in any forums. After just a few short weeks of observation, I wanted to cut my carbon road bike into little pieces and never go near the road again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Funny you mention that. That place is a train wreck. Biggest bunch of d-bags I've ever encountered in any forums. After just a few short weeks of observation, I wanted to cut my carbon road bike into little pieces and never go near the road again.
    Same. There's more political threads than biking threads anytime I hit the newest posts and ain't a one of em happy.

Co Springs

You?
    Speaking for myself, that's the kind of response you'd have received from me.

I know a thing or two about news I watched in the 1970's through and up to current times. If you discount the integrity changes in media these days from the days I'm speaking of, I'll allow you the benefit of doubt as you are either too young to know better, never cared to research it or are in a comfortable place not knowing better.

For someone who says this;

"See, I don't watch CNN or Fox, or much TV at all, so I really have no opinion on what they put on TV, "
    you seem the have a rather strong if not bent opinion of what's on TV.

Don't look now, but I believe your personal integrity rating might take a hit.
    btw; If you stopped by to confuse me, My hat is off to you Sir !
    Last edited by bachman1961; 06-30-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Hi There!
    I'd like to thank all of you for reminding why I don't give a good god darn, and am purposely ignorant about any of this.

That may be to my detriment at some point, but so far so good. It's a chance I'm willing to take.
    NTFTC

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGweed View Post
    I'd like to thank all of you for reminding why I don't give a good god darn, and am purposely ignorant about any of this.

That may be to my detriment at some point, but so far so good. It's a chance I'm willing to take.
    I'm onboard with ya there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGweed View Post

I think that's kind of a healthy take.
    As late as the early 1990's, I was glued to the news as our smaller Sony tv was the alarm clock for us then. The Gulf War and all.

There was a time when News reported stories with clarity, updates and apologies if they got something wrong. They took pride in getting it right and their code of honor and trust was so intrinsic it was Normal.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I'm onboard with ya there.
    I'm largely the same way. My wife has a real love/hate for his Trumpness. She hates the guy but loves watching CNN so she can get all worked up. This seems to be the norm for a lot of people on both sides. People want to be mad. I pay enough attention to vote but ignore the day to day constant static, though at times enough of the static has gotten through that I've almost just said f it all.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    As I understand it, back in the day news was a requirement imposed on networks for their free use of the airways buy the FCC, so integrity mattered. Now that we have 24/7 networks that are only focused on viewers and profit, rather than reporting because they HAVE to, they will find anything they can to suck people in. This is an issue on both liberal and conservative networks... and is a real bummer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garcia View Post
    As I understand it, back in the day news was a requirement imposed on networks for their free use of the airways buy the FCC, so integrity mattered. Now that we have 24/7 networks that are only focused on viewers and profit, rather than reporting because they HAVE to, they will find anything they can to suck people in. This is an issue on both liberal and conservative networks... and is a real bummer.
    Nail on head
    Round and round we go

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I'm largely the same way. My wife has a real love/hate for his Trumpness. She hates the guy but loves watching CNN so she can get all worked up. This seems to be the norm for a lot of people on both sides. People want to be mad. I pay enough attention to vote but ignore the day to day constant static, though at times enough of the static has gotten through that I've almost just said f it all.
    On days when my wife doesn't work, I come home for lunch and she's doing the same thing. I keep telling her, just turn it off. It's not worth getting worked up over. Things tend to work themselves out over time. If it ends up not to your satisfaction, either get involved, or find a way to make yourself happy. Me? I go for a ride and life is good.

mtbr member

Who's in ?

Quote of the day for the long holiday weekend ... chuckha62 ... Me? I go for a ride and life is good. Full squish bike is on for this morning!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKL View Post
    Full disclosure, I lean right (although I take a cafeteria approach).

So most of the time, the BS that Fox is pushing is more palatable to me. BS meaning the editorial ramblings regarding actual news stories during evening Prime time. Although they have gone further right recently for their evening shows, and it's getting a bit much even for me.

Sometimes getting the big picture means you have to watch Hannity and Maddow cover the same story. Kind of like the defense vs. prosecution. In general they don't straight-out lie, but they will both emphasize the parts of the story that support their point of view, and gloss-over or flat-out omit those that don't. So you get enough puzzle pieces to maybe put the whole story together, if you can stomach the extreme editorializing.

I always wanted CNN to be the voice of reason in the middle, and in some cases they have been. But I gave up on that some time ago. Frankly I feel they turned left. I'm sure many will disagree with me, which is fine.

Oddly I find Morning Joe on MSNBC to be reasonably well-balanced and thought provoking when I can catch it, although I am normally working when they are on.
    I have found that listening to my local PBS station on the radio seems to be the most balanced news I can get. They give you the facts of the news without making personal comments on it and where there is some sort of story that has opinions on either side they interview a party representing each side and let them have a say.

I am also very proud of your guys for not letting this thread turn political.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

mtbr member
    Yes. All cable news on TV are basically liars. The "news" is highly manipulated. If it's a story about the local parade in your town and other such local or trivial news in the grand scheme of things, it is likely true. Anything that happens to do with politics and finance is filtered. If it fits the narrative we are supposed to believe then it is allowed through. If it isn't just right, it will be changed. If it's not appropriate at all in reinforcing the narrative, then it's deleted altogether.

I personally have seen numerous times where the mainstream media, particularly CNN has flat out lied and fabricated phony stories. They literally are entertainment, worse than entertainment, because many people actually take them seriously. I don't have a TV anymore.
    And once again, I find myself in complete agreement with Mark.

I'll just add that the news seems to gorge itself on any act of violence that happens. I suspect that it's done to keep the population in constant fear. Also to make people spend money on the products being advertised on the commercials to give themselves a sense of comfort.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post

I'll just add that the news seems to gorge itself on any act of violence that happens. I suspect that it's done to keep the population in constant fear. Also to make people spend money on the products being advertised on the commercials to give themselves a sense of comfort.
    Have to say I agree with him this time too
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    I used to watch the FoxNews roundup every night. The network seems to be going down the tubes lately. They have "The Five" on at 10:00 - really boring.

Life's a Garden, dig it!

It's a proven formula. Stupid and afraid people are more easily controlled.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by BCTJ View Post
    I used to watch the FoxNews roundup every night. The network seems to be going down the tubes lately. They have "The Five" on at 10:00 - really boring.
    I'd noticed them slide into the fold a while back with more and more opinion-driven news-desk delivery. I can handle the talky parts of news shows that are not posing as news but focus more on covering flavor of the week topics.... Don't watch them (The FIVE and such segments) but at least they are what they say they are.
    Fox was always a default for me when I was a regualr news junky. I found their theme (news anchors) to be good humored and upbeat about most everything covered. The brow beating, alarmist stuff I'd seen elsewhere just tired me out.

I feel for those posting of family glued to the news these days though. There is a strong hatred or unhinged vibe crafted or woven in that's both unsettling and unhealthy for the viewers and that extends to the streets, behaviors and those that go over the top and become the news themselves.

It's almost too handy, some of the networks ramp up the unsettled to create an almost self-fulfilling news-cycle all over again with the acting out of violence and gun-related screwballs that just become tomorrow's top stories or news alerts.

mtbr member
    The shakedown at faux was all about money. They had to clean house and bring it more to the middle because a multi gazillion euro buyout was slipping away. Haven't checked to see if it went through

Update
    Funny you have to find out throu other media outlets what's going on at fox
    http://http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/29/media/sky-fox-deal-rupert-murdoch/index.html

And as regular practice lots of hi $ employees are being forced out through buyouts as well.
    http://https://www.google.com/search?q=fox+buyout&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

When a free press is ruled the almighty dollar, we have a problem
    Round and round we go

Co Springs
    The shakedown at faux was all about money. They had to clean house and bring it more to the middle because a multi gazillion euro buyout was slipping away. Haven't checked to see if it went through
    lol ,, Don't even know that that means, I'd slipped away myself.

Talking about the people changes @ FX I heard about in print media I suppose ?

High Desert MTBer
    I was brought up in the UK where pretty much all news carried a bunch of integrity with it, with the only slant being whatever was perceived as the status quo of the time. But it was usually truthful. Journalism was an honorable profession.
    Now I despair. It is increasingly hard to find anything that is not stilted and agenda-filled. I will no longer watch any of the mainstream news shows as I know they are all agenda-driven, whether by political slant or profit. As Klurejr says, NPR is where I find the most honest appraisal of current affairs. i stopped watching CNN after 9/11 when I spent a week stranded at O'Hare watching rolling reports of planes crashing into buildings over and over again. I could imagine the terrorists cheering every time they showed it again. I even emailed them to ask them to stop! Didn't work.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    lol ,, Don't even know that that means, I'd slipped away myself.

Talking about the people changes @ FX I heard about in print media I suppose ?
    I edited the post with an update. You get it now?
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

I'm gonna catch hell again but ...

Paul Craig Roberts – Putin, China, A World At War And What Will Cause a Bankrupt U.S. To Collapse | King World News My one guilty pleasure besides Kaiser Report on RT is KWN. The interviews and articles are short and the guests are some of the best in their fields me thinks! He recently interviewed the man who outed Bernie Madoff. Alway's something new on KWN. I have not listened to today's latest Roberts interview yet but I bet it's good!

mtbr member
    Paul Craig Roberts – Putin, China, A World At War And What Will Cause a Bankrupt U.S. To Collapse | King World News My one guilty pleasure besides Kaiser Report on RT is KWN. The interviews and articles are short and the guests are some of the best in their fields me thinks! He recently interviewed the man who outed Bernie Madoff. Alway's something new on KWN. I have not listened to today's latest Roberts interview yet but I bet it's good!
    Have been hearing that for years already. Supposedly the worlds big money that controls nearly every country is doing this to get the last few holdouts under their control. This boarders on whacky, but when you see it happening, while it was predicted years before, makes you wonder

Rt used to be good, just as bad as the rest now. Does give an alternate view
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

Again ...

Have been hearing that for years already. Supposedly the worlds big money that controls nearly every country is doing this to get the last few holdouts under their control. This boarders on whacky, but when you see it happening, while it was predicted years before, makes you wonder

Rt used to be good, just as bad as the rest now. Does give an alternate view
    Follow the money eh? https://www.bilderberg.org/bis.htm

mtbr member
    Bilderberg is now too well known. A decoy now. Just a few short years ago when you brought it up you were labeled a crazy conspiracists. Now it gets swamped with media and has a Wikipedia page.
    It's the new more secretive meetings were the real deal takes place now.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

ABC gets dinged big time

Bill Holter’s Commentary

In this case fake news cost the faker!

BPI Claims Settlement With ABC ‘Vindicates’ Dunes Firm’s Beef Product
    June 28, 2017 ... Original suit was for 1.9 billion ... Article in Jim Sinclair's Mineset

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I will no longer watch any of the mainstream news shows as I know they are all agenda-driven, whether by political slant or profit. As Klurejr says, NPR is where I find the most honest appraisal of current affairs. i stopped watching CNN after 9/11 when I spent a week stranded at O'Hare watching rolling reports of planes crashing into buildings over and over again. I could imagine the terrorists cheering every time they showed it again. I even emailed them to ask them to stop! Didn't work.
    Yes, been pretty happy with NPR and appreciating more lately. I think they've gotten better and better at presenting things pretty straight up and even delving into some explanation or details when they might sound a bit biased to offer relevant background. Liking the idea that someone comes along and so sets themselves apart as standard, they stand out immediately and so obvious from the whining and drama players.

Co Springs
    I edited the post with an update. You get it now?
    A CNN update telling what's going on ?

At Fox ?

Yep, I def get it.

mtbr member
    A CNN update telling what's going on ?

At Fox ?

Yep, I def get it.

A few members hear mentioned that fox has changed lately. Trying to explain why. Way back in like 2010 Sky, a euro media comp was going to buy fox, which didn't ever come close to fruition. But sparked the idea for foxes parent company, Murdoch, to instead buy Sky. Which got wrecked by a phone scandal, which I don't know if it's true or not, but that deal never got going because of it. That was around 2011. Fast forward to now and the deal was again in the works and looking like a done deal. Meaning an agreement would happen. Until Sky took the surprising stance to stand on integrity instead of $ and said they were concerned with all the hi profile talking heads and management at fox running around being pervs spewing lies and conspiracy bs, and all the ongoing lawsuits that followed them around because of it. So came the first round of clean up at fox in an attempt to appease Sky and make themselves at fox more palatable. Until it went to the uk court for approval and got squashed there. That's where the situation is now, and the clean up at fox continues.
    If you want to make fun of cnn for reporting the news that's fine, there's plenty to make fun of. But if you want to know what's going on that's it. Don't want to believe me or cnn you can read about it from media outlets from left to right, around the world, by googling

Fox sky acquisition

Clean up at fox

Fox buyout

Murdoch phone scandal

Or by talking to investors in the know
    Last edited by theMeat; 07-02-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

Sunday funny

Media Horrified By Trump Body-Slam Video | The Daily Caller New news outlet FNN? Please don't try this at home folks! Time for a ride ... Unlike FNN ... PLEASE! play nice!

mtbr member
    You probably saw this one rascal, but it's good. is previous videos are good too, we just have to wait a year between because it takes him that long to make them

Straight out tha traila
    Media Horrified By Trump Body-Slam Video | The Daily Caller New news outlet FNN? Please don't try this at home folks! Time for a ride ... Unlike FNN ... PLEASE! play nice!
    Fake news gets fake body-slammed and the fake news crowd freaks out! Love it.
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Fake news gets fake body-slammed and the fake news crowd freaks out! Love it.
    Hahahahahaah. I got back from a ride and when changing channels CNN came up and said something to the effect of "CNN the most trusted news source in the world" as I was shifting through. Wish I knew what ABC had to pay for the Defamation suit they settled out of court. Maybe we find out later. Possible triple the 1.9 billion could have been awarded I think was in the article which I'm sure they did not get. 5.7 billion was brought up. CNN will talk of the body slam deal for a month like the missing plane maybe?

mtbr member
    You probably saw this one rascal, but it's good. is previous videos are good too, we just have to wait a year between because it takes him that long to make them

Had not seen that one. That is some heavy stuff on that. Banksters getting away with murder and all around lawlessness. Some of those folks are gonna be back in a frying pan soon maybe.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    I have found that listening to my local PBS station on the radio seems to be the most balanced news I can get. They give you the facts of the news without making personal comments on it and where there is some sort of story that has opinions on either side they interview a party representing each side and let them have a say...
    I do too and I am always surprised by the cordiality and clarity of the interviews. I think the interviewees realize that this is not their usual audience so they do make an effort to at least present their points without sinking into too much rhetoric.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Are we talking about fake news, or just news you don't like? Just because you don't like it and/or it doesn't agree with your world view, doesn't make it fake.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Are we talking about fake news, or just news you don't like? Just because you don't like it and/or it doesn't agree with your world view, doesn't make it fake.
    There is room for information from anywhere and the main thing is false flags dragging us into war like the weapons of mass destruction shock and awe BS along with other fake stories. The one newsman talking of the beautiful spectacle of the Tomahawk missiles being launched at night into Syria stuff. C'mon

High Desert MTBer
    I read this article in the Daily Mail a while back about how Elvis was running a fish & chip shop in Hull in England, but I just saw him in my local Frys and he told me he's allergic to fish, so that article must have been fake. Daily Mail huh!?!
    It's all Here. Now.

Co Springs
    + +

Co Springs
    A few members hear mentioned that fox has changed lately. Trying to explain why. Way back in like 2010 Sky, a euro media comp was going to buy fox, which didn't ever come close to fruition. But sparked the idea for foxes parent company, Murdoch, to instead buy Sky. Which got wrecked by a phone scandal, which I don't know if it's true or not, but that deal never got going because of it.

Murdoch phone scandal
    Here's this;

There they seized "11,000 pages of handwritten notes listing nearly 4,000 celebrities, politicians, sports stars, police officials and crime victims whose phones may have been hacked."[34][35][36] The names included eight members of the royal family and their staff.[35] There were dozens of notebooks, two computers containing 2,978 complete or partial mobile phone numbers and 91 PIN codes, plus 30 tape recordings made by Mulcaire. Significantly, there were at least three names of News of the World journalists other than Goodman and a recording of Mulcaire instructing a journalist how to hack into private voice mail.[35][36] All this material was taken to Scotland Yard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_I...acking_scandal

Co Springs
    I read this article in the Daily Mail a while back about how Elvis was running a fish & chip shop in Hull in England, but I just saw him in my local Frys and he told me he's allergic to fish, so that article must have been fake. Daily Mail huh!?!
    You might have your wires crossed.
    The article I read in the
    It Must Be True Or They Couldn't Print It

clearly states a 115 # man had a bad reaction to shellfish that resulted in swelling to the approx size of Elvis, even to the point of looking like his twin. Then he woke up the next day with spontaneous musical talents, guitar and voice.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator

MTBR Posting Guidelines

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I saw that awhile ago.

All I can say is, HOLY $#@!. I mean seven words in, right? It has to be the most recognizable opening statement in American History.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Just do DMT, listen to Alex Jones and check Anonymous website. You'll be woke AF.
    dang

Straight out tha traila

mtbr member
    Lol
    Would be nice to say " ah, tha tha tha that's all folks", but we'll be finding out for the next few decades just how screwed we got by electing that freak
    Round and round we go

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    That one did make me chuckle.

A Porky Pig meme would be the icing on the cake.

mtbr member

Bringing checkers to a chess game?

Nicely done by the Maestro/Bugs as CNN begins to pay for trying to play chess using checkers. Chess requires thinking many moves ahead. Best defense ... is a good offense usually works well in the game. This meme stuff "Bugs" them ... pun intended!
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 07-10-2017 at 09:33 AM. Reason: One too many g's in Maestro

Formerly of Kent
    That was too perfect.

The howls of outrage and indignation from people who love to call others snowflakes was great. Nothing better than self-revealed ignorance.

Also, the sarcastic responses in the comments section were great, too. Nailed the insult-laden rhetoric.

I also love how people call print media like the NYT "fake news". They actually do research. They spend lots of money on fact checking. When they do mess up, they print retractions. That story about DJT, Jr.? Not fake. His first excuse? A lie.
    Death from Below.

Turns right, slides left
    Quote Originally Posted by garcia View Post
    BINGO!

Has anyone noticed that every news network returns from ads with "BREAKING NEWS" banners and sound effects everytime? 99% of the time there is no breaking news, just breaking wind. It's exhausting to watch any of the news channels. They all suck. I have better things to do and I can get all the news I need from other sources.

mtbr member
    NPR: National Public Radio Or National Propaganda Radio? | 12Bytes.org

NPR is absolutely NOT unbiased. I have a job conducive to listening to the radio and for the better part of 25 years I listened to NPR all day everyday. About 15 years ago there was a palpable shift in programming until I turned it off for good about 2 years ago. They read news right off the wire as does Democracy Now surprisingly enough.

You can read in the article increasing corporate sponsorship and reporting omitted as such. As a long time listener this was very appatent to me to the point where I can no longer listen. People more or less beleive what their media of choice tells them and the effectiveness of propaganda has always baffled me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    NPR: National Public Radio Or National Propaganda Radio? | 12Bytes.org

NPR is absolutely NOT unbiased. I have a job conducive to listening to the radio and for the better part of 25 years I listened to NPR all day everyday. About 15 years ago there was a palpable shift in programming until I turned it off for good about 2 years ago. They read news right off the wire as does Democracy Now surprisingly enough.

You can read in the article increasing corporate sponsorship and reporting omitted as such. As a long time listener this was very appatent to me to the point where I can no longer listen. People more or less beleive what their media of choice tells them and the effectiveness of propaganda has always baffled me.
    Lies and propaganda and maybe agenda's work ... "Tell a lie a hundred times and it becomes the truth." ~ Goebbels, 1939

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator

NPR is absolutely NOT unbiased.
    I have been listening to NPR for many years now and I disagree with you. I still consistently hear interviews where both a republican and a democrat are interviewed and allowed equal air time and the journalist doing the interviewing is not making comments supporting one side or the other.

I am speaking strictly of the news segments, not the quizshows and other comedy stuff that certainly can carry bias.

MTBR Posting Guidelines

mtbr member
    I have been listening to NPR for many years now and I disagree with you. I still consistently hear interviews where both a republican and a democrat are interviewed and allowed equal air time and the journalist doing the interviewing is not making comments supporting one side or the other.

I am speaking strictly of the news segments, not the quizshows and other comedy stuff that certainly can carry bias.
    I'd point out that there is no more two-party system, they have merged into one and the politics you see on TV is for entertainment purposes only. It's no about Dems vs. Repubs, it's about elites vs. the middle class. The elites own both parties.

mtbr member
    Lies and propaganda and maybe agenda's work ... "Tell a lie a hundred times and it becomes the truth." ~ Goebbels, 1939

mtbr member
    I'd point out that there is no more two-party system, they have merged into one and the politics you see on TV is for entertainment purposes only. It's no about Dems vs. Repubs, it's about elites vs. the middle class. The elites own both parties.
    I would agree with that no question. NPR is a format that appeals to a certain class of society. We shouldn't confuse it's civil format with hard hitting journalism or somehow representing the unfettered truth of what's really happening in the world. NPR (at least from my observation) is more and more part of the spin machine that is "news".

mtbr member

I'm speaking more to a corporate agenda. I agree on the surface NPR tries to keep political interviews balanced especially juxtaposed to other news outlets, but there are rarely questions of substance. I would defer to what Mark said to sum up any value this theater provides. I think it dangerous that an educated class beleives NPR represents some bastion of journalism and would add NPR as a whole has drifted right (not saying it is right). I still enjoy NPR's entertainment programming and PBS does some truely GREAT original content, but no question there is bias. The bias money buys.

mtbr member
    I like that. I can use that in that other thread, you know the one
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    I'm speaking more to a corporate agenda. I agree on the surface NPR tries to keep political interviews balanced especially juxtaposed to other news outlets, but there are rarely questions of substance. I would defer to what Mark said to sum up any value this theater provides. I think it dangerous that an educated class beleives NPR represents some bastion of journalism and would add NPR as a whole has drifted right (not saying it is right). I still enjoy NPR's entertainment programming and PBS does some truely GREAT original content, but no question there is bias. The bias money buys.
    No worries, with proposed budget cuts it will surely start to lean back left or fade away
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    No worries, with proposed budget cuts it will surely start to lean back left or fade away
    With that many ears & dollars can't imagine it going anywhere. Anywhere at all.

mtbr member
    With that many ears & dollars can't imagine it going anywhere. Anywhere at all.
    Yup, was half joking.
    Round and round we go

Co Springs
    I can handle listening to NPR and do so a few times a week just moving around the tuner dial sometimes. I still like getting my news in small sample bits from a few sources and have skipped the TV news almost altogether.

Only once did I have to shut it (NPR) down and take a rather long break from the local station.
    Back when the school shootings were in the news -Sandy Hook , there were a few interviews and discussions and one guy was just off the rails about the idea that schools should be able to have armed / trained personnel of some sort there with the abiltiy to protect. After a few minutes of listening, I realized he was stating how dangerous it would be to have these kids running around with guns. I admit I did laugh out loud at first but I still have no idea if he was too stupid to know that kids were not the subject of those that would be armed or if he was just taking a cheap shot and trying to foul up an otherwise legit discussion or debate.
    Anyways, it was such a idiotic moment that I could not un-hear it and it reflected poorly.
    Last edited by bachman1961; 07-11-2017 at 07:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Rule #1 for the media, give em what they want.
    With that...
    So far we've had a couple who sorta admitted to watching fox, and no one for cnn or msnbc. With those 3 being the biggest outlets for the country, I call bs. I watch them all, as well as listen to npr, RT, pbs, and many others, with msnbc being the most viewed.

Oh, and I like chocolate ice cream
    Round and round we go

High Desert MTBer
    I find that chocolate ice cream is almost exclusively eaten by people who dress to the right. Personally my appendage is forced to the left by gravity and muscle growth, so salted caramel is my choice... I'd hate to be one of those that only ever eat strawberry ices...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    salted caramel is my choice... .
    I freakin knew it!
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    I find it very interesting that nobody here considers TV news a credible source of information.

And all with some very good reasons.

mtbr member
    I find it very interesting that nobody here considers TV news a credible source of information.

Some TV new is good. Some is not. "Fake News" Is the New "Weapons Of Mass Destruction" | Zero Hedge

Life's a Garden, dig it!

I'm thinking that no one wants to come out and say what they find credible and what they don't. Most of what's been labeled "Fake News" is not fake at all. It's just news that doesn't agree with one view or another.

mtbr member

Let's do a fake news thread poll

I haven't stirred the thread pot enough lately so ... This came up in Trail riding over the weekend. Sandy Hook school massacre? Hoax or Real?

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I haven't stirred the thread pot enough lately so ... This came up in Trail riding this Sunday. Sandy Hook school massacre? Hoax or Real?
    Ha! Let's see who the Alex Jones fans are, huh?

High Desert MTBer
    I'm thinking that no one wants to come out and say what they find credible and what they don't. Most of what's been labeled "Fake News" is not fake at all. It's just news that doesn't agree with one view or another.
    I'd say that it is news that has a slant one way or the other. There are many instances of news that is biased to one side of the political spectrum or the other, and when you read both 'versions' it is almost like reading about different items. Both left and right are equally guilty of this...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Ha! Let's see who the Alex Jones fans are, huh?
    So do I have to vote first chuckha62?

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I'd say that it is news that has a slant one way or the other. There are many instances of news that is biased to one side of the political spectrum or the other, and when you read both 'versions' it is almost like reading about different items. Both left and right are equally guilty of this...
    Agreed.

So do I have to vote first chuckha62?
    You brought it up. How 'bout the moon landing?

Pot stirrer.

mtbr member
    Agreed.

You brought it up. How 'bout the moon landing?

Pot stirrer.
    Ok I'll go first ... It's a hoax! Damn I hate it when the Caught thread is right under this one!

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003

ABC Always Been Crap
    NBC Nothing But Crap
    CBS Continuous BS
    PBS Pure BS
    CNN Clueless Nonsense Network
    NPR Nonsensical Prevaricator Rehash
    FOX FOreign Xenophobia
    Do not take anything I post seriously. I don't.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    ABC Always Been Crap
    NBC Nothing But Crap
    CBS Continuous BS
    PBS Pure BS
    FOX FOreign Xenophobia

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    ...You brought it up. How 'bout the moon landing?...
    Everyone knows it was faked. Bigfoot told me when I was abducted to the secret Illuminati UFO base in the Bermuda Triangle. Elvis was there too, he'll verify it.

mtbr member
    ABC Always Been Crap
    NBC Nothing But Crap
    CBS Continuous BS
    PBS Pure BS
    FOX FOreign Xenophobia
    Lol. Nail on head. You obviously watch all of em
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    E
    Everyone knows it was faked. Bigfoot told me when I was abducted to the secret Illuminati UFO base in the Bermuda Triangle. Elvis was there too, he'll verify it.
    Ok ... I don't know enough about the landing. Who thinks Sandy Hook was real is more appropriate? Looks like a hoax to me.

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    Sandy Hook was a false flag operation to divert public attention from Chemtrails.

Jimmy Hoffa was behind it.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Excellent! This thread finally took the turn it was destined to.

mtbr member
    Excellent! This thread finally took the turn it was destined to.
    That's only because we're being controlled by reptilians
    Round and round we go

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Attention all planets of the solar federation. We have assumed control. We have assumed control. We have assumed...

mtbr member
    I'm extra careful not to run over lizards when riding boring fire trails. Oh and Sputnik is launching a new radio program from ... Washington. Accidentally saw that on RT fake news just now.

High Desert MTBer
    Sandy Hook was a false flag operation to divert public attention from Chemtrails.

Jimmy Hoffa was behind it.
    Jimmy Hoffa was UNDERNEATH it... he's buried at Sandy Hook...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Hillary Clinton is reptilian humanoid sent to destroy the human race. I've seen it man!

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...rnment/354496/

mtbr member
    Attention all planets of the solar federation. We have assumed control. We have assumed control. We have assumed...
    LOL!

Another Rush fan, I see.

One ring to mash them all
    LOL @ y'all who believe there's a moon.
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

Pipe Dreamer
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    LOL!

Another Rush fan, I see.
    Whew! I thought I was alone there for awhile. Sheesh!

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Ahhh, The National Enquirer. Finally credible news! ...at least someone thinks so.

Pipe Dreamer
    Ahhh, The National Enquirer. Finally credible news! ...at least someone thinks so.
    You guys had me cracking up on this page, I wanted to join in on the fun!

Do you know what movie that's from?

mtbr member
    Airplane, Shirley.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Jeez... at first, I thought Kentucky Fried Movie, but then... One of the Naked Gun movies? I've seen it, but...??
    Last edited by chuckha62; 07-11-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Straight out tha traila
    I think there was an original fake news guy back in the day, hung out in Nevada for while. Samuel something..... oh I forget!

Pipe Dreamer
    Airplane, Shirley.
    I don't know how or why I thought this was relevant to the discussion, lol.

https://youtu.be/CBT7S29cf9c

mtbr member
    I don't know how or why I thought this was relevant to the discussion, lol.

https://youtu.be/CBT7S29cf9c
    That's quite the spinning paper montage. Completely relevant. Who'd of thought our current news cycle would surpass an Airplane parady of said news cycle. You always come up with pleasingly obscure cultural tidbits relavant to the subject like some autistic DJ. I like it.

Pipe Dreamer
    That's quite the spinning paper montage. Completely relevant. Who'd of thought our current news cycle would surpass an Airplane parady of said news cycle. You always come up with pleasingly obscure cultural tidbits relavant to the subject like some autistic DJ. I like it.
    Ever since high school my best friend and I have used movie quotes to comment on just about anything and everything, maybe that's where it comes from? Quotes from Airplane, Fletch, Stripes, Caddyshack, Fear and Loathing, etc, were all part of our 'normal' conversations, lol! Glad to hear others find it entertaining as well!

*Fast Times, can't leave that one out!

Straight out tha traila
    Pretty cool and scary at the same time. Coming to a fake news channel near you soon!

mtbr member
    Pretty cool and scary at the same time. Coming to a fake news channel near you soon!

While we are on the scary subject ... Obama is in this little ditty also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2FzbxFQ1l4

One ring to mash them all
    Ever since high school my best friend and I have used movie quotes to comment on just about anything and everything, maybe that's where it comes from? Quotes from Airplane, Fletch, Stripes, Caddyshack, Fear and Loathing, etc, were all part of our 'normal' conversations, lol! Glad to hear others find it entertaining as well!

Yup, same with me and my college roommate! Add in Animal House, Coming Attractions (Loose Shoes), Blues Brothers, Blazing Saddles, even Terminator.

<me, knocking on bathroom door> "Hey buddy, you got a dead cat in there or what?"
    <him> "**** you, asshole!"
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

mtbr member
    Jimmy Hoffa was UNDERNEATH it... he's buried at Sandy Hook...
    No way
    He got hit by a falling UFO in Roswell
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    While we are on the scary subject ... Obama is in this little ditty also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2FzbxFQ1l4
    Stupid. The whole pretense is they're coming to get your guns, which didn't happen. So what other retarded motive can the whack jobs who think it's a hoax make up. Or maybe there is no motive. They just wanted to risk all credibility for nothing.
    There's another word for pot stirrer. For now we'll just call that stupid too
    Round and round we go

Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Yup, same with me and my college roommate! Add in Animal House, Coming Attractions (Loose Shoes), Blues Brothers, Blazing Saddles, even Terminator.

<me, knocking on bathroom door> "Hey buddy, you got a dead cat in there or what?"
    I think it's pretty common to do with friends with the same sense of humor. I think Corn comes up with quite a few on here not always picked up on. Good stuff no matter what.

"Dude, open up, I've got the stuff."
    "Who's there?"
    "Dude, it's me Dave!"
    "Dave? Dave's not here!"
    "No man, it's ME DAVE!"
    "Dave?!"
    "Yeah man, Dave!"
    "DAVE'S NOT HERE!!"

"Who's there?"
    "Dude, it's me Dave!"
    "Dave? Dave's not here!"
    "No man, it's ME DAVE!"
    "Dave?!"
    "Yeah man, Dave!"
    "DAVE'S NOT HERE!!"

"Who's there?"
    "Dude, it's me Dave!"
    "Dave? Dave's not here!"
    "No man, it's ME DAVE!"
    "Dave?!"
    "Yeah man, Dave!"
    "DAVE'S NOT HERE!!"
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Here, diagonally!
    Definitely one of the all time great movies. Maybe even better than Strange Brew. When I have a little spill while taking a drink, I still make reference to my "drinking problem" <quotes optional>.

Here, diagonally!
    I think it's pretty common to do with friends with the same sense of humor. I think Corn comes up with quite a few on here not always picked up on. Good stuff no matter what.

"Who's there?"
    "Dude, it's me Dave!"
    "Dave? Dave's not here!"
    "No man, it's ME DAVE!"
    "Dave?!"
    "Yeah man, Dave!"
    "DAVE'S NOT HERE!!"

"Who's there?"
    "Dude, it's me Dave!"
    "Dave? Dave's not here!"
    "No man, it's ME DAVE!"
    "Dave?!"
    "Yeah man, Dave!"
    "DAVE'S NOT HERE!!"

"Who's there?"
    "Dude, it's me Dave!"
    "Dave? Dave's not here!"
    "No man, it's ME DAVE!"
    "Dave?!"
    "Yeah man, Dave!"
    "DAVE'S NOT HERE!!"
    That is a classic. It's on my IPOD, along with "Earache my eye".... "Heeeyyyyyyy! You ruined my record man I just bought it!!" Later sampled by 2 Live Crew.

I find that chocolate ice cream is almost exclusively eaten by people who dress to the right. Personally my appendage is forced to the left by gravity and muscle growth, so salted caramel is my choice... I'd hate to be one of those that only ever eat strawberry ices...
    Obviously fake news. I just ate a pint of Belgium Chocolate and I certainly don't dress to the right. I'm a lefty no matter what gravitational forces are at work.

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conte...ble_aliens.gif

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    No way
    He got hit by a falling UFO in Roswell
    And was taken to Area 51 for treatment, via the tunnel from the underground Dulce base.

Either that or under the Denver airport. Those little greys are sneaky, hard to track them.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKL View Post
    That is a classic. It's on my IPOD, along with "Earache my eye".... "Heeeyyyyyyy! You ruined my record man I just bought it!!" Later sampled by 2 Live Crew.
    As I stated many slip right by me. Like this ^ one. Apparently I need to watch more movies.

mtbr member
    And was taken to Area 51 for treatment, via the tunnel from the underground Dulce base.

Either that or under the Denver airport. Those little greys are sneaky, hard to track them.
    Didn't you hear? Don't think the populations that live in our hallow earth would allow other societies like that. I heard about that a while back, but not too long ago because don'tcha know the universe and everyone's memories were created just last Thursday. Think I heard that in a Paul McCartney song, or should I say the double that posses as him since 1960 whatever.
    Idk, maybe it's all that fluoride making my memory fade. I should really dig a big hole and store food and precious metals in there to live with, just in case
    Round and round we go

Co Springs

LOL

I find it very reassuring that nobody here considers TV news a credible source of information.

And all with some very good reasons

Co Springs
    E
    Ok ... I don't know enough about the landing. Who thinks Sandy Hook was real is more appropriate? Looks like a hoax to me.
    ** What about a new docu drama, maybe 50 seconds of YouTube that reveals the Whole Truth;

- Sasquatch exiting Apollo 11

- After landing at Sandy Hook

- Then digging up Hoffa
    with remnants of an Elvis rubber mask

mtbr member

I think the most people who feel Fox is real news would agree with that. Besides PBS, which has offered excellent reporting for many years, TV news is all about entertainment. It is Anchorman II. Radio and certain web sites such as NPR and politifact offer insight that is for the most part un-biased. Politifact will also judge the relative truth of each TV channel but most people who believe in fake news would not like their conclusions.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

Afric Pepperbird
    It's all fake news (until Donnie Jr. tweets something that proves it isn't).

mtbr member
    I don't watch the news much unless something interesting is going on. I know Fox leans right on most issues but it is the only news that gives all the facts and I consider real news anymore. All the major news stations are just propaganda pumping machines but Fox is less one sided than the rest, not as blatantly over the top.
    I think every station has a team of the smartest guys they can team together with the objective of brainwashing watchers into their paid for political views.

mtbr member

Here you go man

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjunk1 View Post
    I don't watch the news much unless something interesting is going on. I know Fox leans right on most issues but it is the only news that gives all the facts and I consider real news anymore. All the major news stations are just propaganda pumping machines but Fox is less one sided than the rest, not as blatantly over the top.
    I think every station has a team of the smartest guys they can team together with the objective of brainwashing watchers into their paid for political views.
    ^ ^ ^ +1 ... Mainstream = Marginal news topics and whatever the money wants us to say. Try King World News + RT ... Save the mainstream news for fluff and entertainment? Yellen to testify today ... stock market is happy so far.

mtbr member
    King World News + RT ... Save the mainstream news for fluff and entertainment? Yellen to testify today ... stock market is happy so far today.
    You can't be serious.
    When I hear fox is at least factual as compared to let's say msnbc I have to chuckle a lil. The only dif is that most msnbc viewers know it's biased bs but agree with most of it so they watch. Whereas most fox viewers think what they're watching is real.
    RT used to be a good place to get an alternate view from what you get from any USA media outlet. But now with Puttin's very understandable growing paranoia it is clearly and obviously Puttin's personal on air media outlet. Spewing so much bs it's a waste.. You might as well just stay tuned and watch more infowars
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

It's whatever floats your boat

You can't be serious.
    When I hear fox is at least factual as compared to let's say msnbc I have to chuckle a lil. The only dif is that most msnbc viewers know it's biased bs but agree with most of it so they watch. Whereas most fox viewers think what they're watching is real.
    RT used to be a good place to get an alternate view from what you get from any USA media outlet. But now with Puttin's very understandable growing paranoia it is clearly and obviously Puttin's personal on air media outlet. Spewing so much bs it's a waste.. You might as well just stay tuned and watch more infowars
    I watch some RT mainly for it's shows and documentaries. KWN is all about the people he interviews. Bits and pieces of what you might relate to from many sites is what its all about IMO. I'll pass on Mr. Jones + CNN ... Who should we be listening to or watching man? Put your cards on the news table?

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    ... NPR and politifact offer insight that is for the most part un-biased...
    Now THAT'S funny!

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    Didn't you hear? Don't think the populations that live in our hallow earth would allow other societies like that. I heard about that a while back, but not too long ago because don'tcha know the universe and everyone's memories were created just last Thursday. Think I heard that in a Paul McCartney song, or should I say the double that posses as him since 1960 whatever.
    Idk, maybe it's all that fluoride making my memory fade. I should really dig a big hole and store food and precious metals in there to live with, just in case
    Have we covered the Nazi base in Antarctica yet?

Cycologist
    You can't be serious.
    bu-bu-bu-but Fox is "fair and balanced"! I mean they say that on Fox so it must be true!

I make it easy on myself and believe every news story I read see or hear.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    I think the most people who feel Fox is real news would agree with that. Besides PBS, which has offered excellent reporting for many years, TV news is all about entertainment. It is Anchorman II. Radio and certain web sites such as NPR and politifact offer insight that is for the most part un-biased. Politifact will also judge the relative truth of each TV channel but most people who believe in fake news would not like their conclusions.
    Riddle me this. How does NPR remain unbiased when they have recieved billions in corporate contributions? Answer, they don't. It's well documented they have shelved reporting that would depict big money contributers unfavorably. That's not to go down the rabbit hole of their programming in general.

I really liked the one where the BBC tried to pass off international space station footage as live with NASA's blessing that turned out to be 3 years old. Lots of interesting things surface about the international space station footage when one digs around a bit.

In the theme of conspiracy theories, is the international space station real? I can see it pass through the night sky, buuuut....
    Reality does not seem to align with what NASA officially claims.

High Desert MTBer
    There's a tour I was just offered by a shady guy on the phone. He wasn't too happy to give too many details, but I pushed him for info, and he fessed up the following:

Band is called 'The Fakirs' and consists of Bonham on drums, Lemmy on bass, Elvis on lead vocal, and John Lennon, David Bowie and Linda McCartney on backing Vox and vibes. Guitars are by any number of guest artists and include BB King, Jimi, Kurt, Stevie Ray, Randy, Dimebag, Duane or Glenn depending on the weather...

They have a Friday and Saturday residency at Militarische-Anlage Antarktika, on Mondays at Moonbase Alpha (Sony Studios Culver City), Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Area 51, and Thursdays at Hoffaville, a new theme park at Sandy Hook. On the third Sunday of every month, they play a free concert in the Pearly Gates Arena, Heaven, and the fourth Sunday in the "Fires of the Pit" club in Hades.

I am giving the offer serious consideration, but only 2 days off a month is a bit much...
    It's all Here. Now.

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    You are soooo fukkked Dave! No one is supposed to know about that... expect some 'Lebensraum' being opened up for you pretty darned soon!
    Naaaw, I'm safe. I recently joined the Freemasons, so I am one of the insiders now. Don't have to be microchipped. Just received a job offer as a guard at a FEMA Death Camp, and my wife works for the government, in a secret agency that suppresses cancer cures. I am all set!
    Last edited by dave54; 07-12-2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Update

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Besides, the Nazi based just split off and is heading our way.

Try to keep up, please.

mtbr member
    Put your cards on the news table?
    I did already. Unless by "cards" you mean those texts you sent to troll me. Can't imagine you'd want me to share those
    Round and round we go

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I don't have time for this crap. I think I'll watch some TV and play some golf.

High Desert MTBer
    Just received a job offer as a guard at a FEMA Death Camp,
    Cool! Do you get yer own watch tower?!? My uncle Horst was killed in WWII when he got drunk and fell out of one...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Ya know, it's a toss up between fake and stupid. Either media are stupid or knows that we are so they just tell us whatever... Given Chump's proven history and narcissistic tendency to make crazy to deflect and decoy from what is really going on we should all be concerned. That whole crew can't all be spupid enough to repeatedly keep incriminating themselves while claiming it's a nothing burger. If Hillary or any dem was guilty of half of what we already know, there would have been a public hanging at DuPont circle by now.
    Round and round we go

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Hear, Hear Mr. Meat!

mtbr member

Thanks for chiming in everyone!

This thread has been fun and I hope it helps shed some light on things. Amazing how the term or saying that truth is stranger than fiction has never been more applicable. Huge story on the Russian lawyer / plant is coming out soon but since it's not a fake story ... you didn't hear it on this thread!
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 07-13-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: One more too many

Formerly of Kent
    This thread has been fun and I hope it helps shed some light on things. Amazing how the term or saying that truth is stranger than fiction has never been more applicable. Huge story on the Russian lawyer / plant is coming out soon but since it's not a fake story ... you didn't hear it on this thread!
    Russian plant?

7hrs after his son got done arranging that meeting, the man who is now the POTUS said he would have a press conference with new dirt on HRC.

Either that's quite a coincidence, or Donny Jr. ain't telling the truth. Imagine that.
    Death from Below.

Imagine any politician telling the truth.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Imagine any politician telling the truth.
    THAT blows my mind!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Russian plant?

7hrs after his son got done arranging that meeting, the man who is now the POTUS said he would have a press conference with new dirt on HRC.

Either that's quite a coincidence, or Donny Jr. ain't telling the truth. Imagine that.
    Substitute DOJ for HRC? Now ... your talking!

mtbr member
    I just take in the news with a massive degree of skepticism and try to ferret out what can be called a fact and what's speculation.

Examples:

Trump fired James Comey from the FBI. I consider that a fact since it can be verified in the public record.

Trump's motives for firing James Comey from the FBI. Loads of pure speculation without any verifiable basis in fact.

Large wildfire happens in San Diego. Verifiable fact. I can call my sister-in-law and ask if she can see/smell smoke.

Large wildfire happens in San Diego due to climate change. Speculation. No way to factually verify that.

mtbr member
    I think there was an original fake news guy back in the day, hung out in Nevada for while. Samuel something..... oh I forget!
    LOL!

I think his last name was maybe Clempers or Clammons or something.

mtbr member
    Ya know, it's a toss up between fake and stupid. Either media are stupid or knows that we are so they just tell us whatever... Given Chump's proven history and narcissistic tendency to make crazy to deflect and decoy from what is really going on we should all be concerned. That whole crew can't all be spupid enough to repeatedly keep incriminating themselves while claiming it's a nothing burger. If Hillary or any dem was guilty of half of what we already know, there would have been a public hanging at DuPont circle by now.
    Considering that nearly any "news" story regarding a political figure is typically loaded with speculation and few scattered facts thrown in here and there, it's nearly impossible to get a decent read on any of that.

mtbr member
    Considering that nearly any "news" story regarding a political figure is typically loaded with speculation and few scattered facts thrown in here and there, it's nearly impossible to get a decent read on any of that.
    Hard to argue any of that

I just take in the news with a massive degree of skepticism and try to ferret out what can be called a fact and what's speculation.

Examples:

Trump fired James Comey from the FBI. I consider that a fact since it can be verified in the public record.

Trump's motives for firing James Comey from the FBI. Loads of pure speculation without any verifiable basis in fact.

Large wildfire happens in San Diego. Verifiable fact. I can call my sister-in-law and ask if she can see/smell smoke.

Large wildfire happens in San Diego due to climate change. Speculation. No way to factually verify that.
    Except Cali has gotten more rain this year or so than usual, which lead to more growth therefore fuel for fires. And we constantly put out wildfires instead of letting them burn out naturally which leaves more fuel.

And Trump said in his own words during an interview on tape that he decided to fire comey all on his own because he felt the "russiar thing was made up" witch hunt, and was witnessed bragging to Russian officials in the White House that he got rid of that nut job and his life would be easier now with the investigation derailed.
    Fake news is one thing. Watching him say it is something else
    Round and round we go

Straight out tha traila
    LOL!

I think his last name was maybe Clempers or Clammons or something.
    Clampetts that's it!

Formerly of Kent

Except Cali has gotten more rain this year or so than usual, which lead to more growth therefore fuel for fires. And we constantly put out wildfires instead of letting them burn out naturally which leaves more fuel.

And Trump said in his own words during an interview on tape that he decided to fire comey all on his own because he felt the "russiar thing was made up" witch hunt, and was witnessed bragging to Russian officials in the White House that he got rid of that nut job and his life would be easier now with the investigation derailed.
    There was a former KGB agent in that meeting with his son and the Russian lawyer.

But, yeah, totally "fake news".
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    There was a former KGB agent in that meeting with his son and the Russian lawyer.

But, yeah, totally "fake news".
    Yeah, this just breaking. Hearing two new Russians in that secret meeting. That everyone denied until they got busted and now admit. Then we hear that's it, that's everything, now we hear about these other 2 participants. But no worries they were talking about adoptions.
    Considering the evidence, or fake news depending on how you look at it, that's in the public realm, can only imagine what is being unturned in these classified investigations. Know the media and trump team are making it easy for them. Think the country could use some fake news, like Obama's birth certificate nonsense right about now
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

Oh, I completely agree with you on the wildfires.

And yes, Trump really did a great job of implicating himself with his own poorly-chosen words. At this point though, in spite of one revelation after another, it doesn't seem like anything will actually be done about the Trump - Russia connection. It all looks more like political theater than anything else.

High Desert MTBer

And yes, Trump really did a great job of implicating himself with his own poorly-chosen words. At this point though, in spite of one revelation after another, it doesn't seem like anything will actually be done about the Trump - Russia connection. It all looks more like political theater than anything else.
    The Russian thing is just a waste of effort. Nothing will come of it and I believe trump's enemies are barking up the wrong tree. I cannot imagine that Hilary would not have jumped at a chance to discredit trump if she had been given that option, but as it happened, he was doing a much better job of digging his own hole, but no good came of that! (Disclaimer here, I am NOT a fan of trump, in fact I detest him passionately). I must admit however, that put in a similar situation, I feel that Obama would have shied away from any such meeting.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member

I hear a drone in the background

The Russian thing is just a waste of effort. Nothing will come of it and I believe trump's enemies are barking up the wrong tree. I cannot imagine that Hilary would not have jumped at a chance to discredit trump if she had been given that option, but as it happened, he was doing a much better job of digging his own hole, but no good came of that! (Disclaimer here, I am NOT a fan of trump, in fact I detest him passionately). I must admit however, that put in a similar situation, I feel that Obama would have shied away from any such meeting.
    ^ ^ ^ This post lights the fake news fuse for the weekend.

mtbr member

Yup. We'll se if anything gets done after these investigations come to an end. If they can survive that long without hanging themselves. If enough republicans start jumping ship that will be when something gets done. And with congress elections coming right around the corner things are tenuous at best for which way republicans are going, or if they're going. At a minimum all this Russia talk is keeping agent orange busy, and in the hot seat, and from getting anything real done. Which is prolly a good thing. Just makes me concerned about with everyone focused on this, what they're getting away ih otherwise
    Round and round we go

Co Springs
    Rule #1 for the media, give em what they want.
    With that...
    So far we've had a couple who sorta admitted to watching fox, and no one for cnn or msnbc. With those 3 being the biggest outlets for the country, I call bs. I watch them all, as well as listen to npr, RT, pbs, and many others, with msnbc being the most viewed.

I've watched most of the big named networks over many, many years. Been a bit of a channel surfer as my attention wanes and (probably by accident back-in-the-day) noted some alarming variations in what was said (reported as news) regarding the same news stories. Flavored news probably wasn't a secret then but it felt new and I wasn't following the story behind the story type stuff, just the big headlines. A bit aloof I suppose with things like that and still being of young family, 3 - 5 year old kids, working long days and weekend meetings, busy busy busy etc...
    It was probably the point in time I started to bounce around on networks a bit.
    You know that feeling if you've been there... A slight undertow and you feel like the news lost its clinical standard, you are being guided or reporting becomes a narrative or talking points. That's when I started to move the dial to see how the headline was becoming more network tradecraft pulling in viewers to carefully edited teasers that fueled a particular narrative.

As for nobody (admitting) watching CNN, or MSNBC , it's probably just a matter of the present perception and that may wane as well.
    If anyone or lots of anyone's are too shy to admit what they view as news, then it might be the network following they don't care to be publicly associated with or the current heat any of those big name outlets are suffering at any one time.
    Even if not watching any of those 3, you'd be hard-pressed to miss news elsewhere that offers some indication, facts or narrative of what's going on in the news or with those networks themselves.

Those that have the time these days to follow the big networks and try to get the straight dope from one to the other have a much better understanding of how it's presented and see the tells that many miss. I do understand how it can be a source of frustration and would definitely (were it me) make me grumpy.
    Fox was a default for a long time after years of CNN and then channel surfing. I couldn't begin to defend any of the big networks for the game that we now see called NEWS but I know how 10 minutes of it makes me feel and current day networks run the range from reporting their own version of crafted wordsmith or their own news desk theatrics like wringing hands, rolling eyes, or weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If Fox is considered the better liars, bad liars or the most transparent liars, their good natured humor and way they convey many of the big stories, satires or 'version' leaves me less wringing hands, less rolling eyes, and absent the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Being skeptical takes up too much energy. Just believe all you hear and you have left over energy to use for riding.

Co Springs
    Being skeptical takes up too much energy. Just believe all you hear and you have left over energy to use for riding.
    +

Hear Less

Skeptical Less ?

Diversion Therapy-
    I've got an updated car (wife lets me sit in it) to learn some bells and whistles. All my favorite music I've been toying with on the computer speakers at work sounds nice in her car so I'm going back to music and less radio talky, using some phone features I that are bells and whistles to this old man too.

mtbr member
    Round and round we go

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    I neither believe nor disbelieve anything I hear. I just do not care.

As long as I have trails to ride and a cold beer at the end I am happy. I'll let other hyperpartisan spermatologists worry about whether north korea nuked a Russian global warming meeting (or whatever is the scandal du jour).

mtbr member
    I neither believe nor disbelieve anything I hear. I just do not care.

As long as I have trails to ride and a cold beer at the end I am happy. I'll let other hyperpartisan spermatologists worry about whether north korea nuked a Russian global warming meeting (or whatever is the scandal du jour).
    Bravo dave54 ... not a damn thing wrong with that. I read your post as I listen to a Jim Rickards podcast. Way too much time wasted on this stuff but its a hobby and I do enjoy it. Born in 1954 eh?

mtbr member
    I've watched most of the big named networks over many, many years. Been a bit of a channel surfer as my attention wanes and (probably by accident back-in-the-day) noted some alarming variations in what was said (reported as news) regarding the same news stories. Flavored news probably wasn't a secret then but it felt new and I wasn't following the story behind the story type stuff, just the big headlines. A bit aloof I suppose with things like that and still being of young family, 3 - 5 year old kids, working long days and weekend meetings, busy busy busy etc...
    It was probably the point in time I started to bounce around on networks a bit.
    You know that feeling if you've been there... A slight undertow and you feel like the news lost its clinical standard, you are being guided or reporting becomes a narrative or talking points. That's when I started to move the dial to see how the headline was becoming more network tradecraft pulling in viewers to carefully edited teasers that fueled a particular narrative.

As for nobody (admitting) watching CNN, or MSNBC , it's probably just a matter of the present perception and that may wane as well.
    If anyone or lots of anyone's are too shy to admit what they view as news, then it might be the network following they don't care to be publicly associated with or the current heat any of those big name outlets are suffering at any one time.
    Even if not watching any of those 3, you'd be hard-pressed to miss news elsewhere that offers some indication, facts or narrative of what's going on in the news or with those networks themselves.

Those that have the time these days to follow the big networks and try to get the straight dope from one to the other have a much better understanding of how it's presented and see the tells that many miss. I do understand how it can be a source of frustration and would definitely (were it me) make me grumpy.
    Fox was a default for a long time after years of CNN and then channel surfing. I couldn't begin to defend any of the big networks for the game that we now see called NEWS but I know how 10 minutes of it makes me feel and current day networks run the range from reporting their own version of crafted wordsmith or their own news desk theatrics like wringing hands, rolling eyes, or weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If Fox is considered the better liars, bad liars or the most transparent liars, their good natured humor and way they convey many of the big stories, satires or 'version' leaves me less wringing hands, less rolling eyes, and absent the weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    As I already said, I rely on FOX if I want the whole story. FOX is obviously a republican news station and portrays things as such therefor it is still not ''real news''. FOX does try to give ''all'' the facts without hiding or skipping important details even though they ultimately portray it their own way. FOX is not shy or sneaky about their opinions on the news but they at least give factual ''real'' details without skipping and changing facts. FOX will give ''all the facts'' and then tell you how ''they view all the facts'' from a rights perspective. Take all the facts and make your own perspective is my view. Not skipping details is why I consider it closer to real than the others.
    With the other stations, they will totally skip details or add false details or use words like (likely, possibly or probably) with their promoted views after to get watchers to imagine a completely different picture of an event than what actually happened.
    MSNBC is the biggest at giving a totally different picture of events than reality. MSNBC will have watchers seeing an event a certain way and then later on ''clearing up'' the misleading parts but the original portrayal has already been imprinted in peoples minds.
    CNN is not as over the top as MSNBC but still leaves out important parts or adds possible parts to a story so it seems like they want it to. CNN is usually closer to real facts than MSNBC but still lacking if you want the whole story.
    To get the best understanding of any news being reported skipping between stations and weeding out the ''fake'' parts is the best idea. None of the big stations are non biased so none will be a one stop real reflection of events. Combining all the facts from all the stations and then forming your own belief (if possible after hearing all the opinions) is the best idea.
    I like your ''wordsmith'' description of news. I picture a large group of people with 150+ IQ's sitting around a big desk with one goal,= how do we wordsmith this ''news'' so it gets the normal uneducated, easily convinced people pissed at the opposite side and ready to vote for our guy in the next election? Every station has that desk.
    I like FOX because their desk seems to be more of a = OK, Everyone watching already knows we are comically right leaning so how do we wordsmith the news (but still give all the true facts and details) to get votes. This is a bit more respectable to me and a better chance of getting the real picture of what happened.

mtbr member
    As I already said, I rely on FOX if I want the whole story. FOX is obviously a republican news station and portrays things as such therefor it is still not ''real news''. FOX does try to give ''all'' the facts without hiding or skipping important details even though they ultimately portray it their own way. FOX is not shy or sneaky about their opinions on the news but they at least give factual ''real'' details without skipping and changing facts. FOX will give ''all the facts'' and then tell you how ''they view all the facts'' from a rights perspective. Take all the facts and make your own perspective is my view. Not skipping details is why I consider it closer to real than the others.
    With the other stations, they will totally skip details or add false details or use words like (likely, possibly or probably) with their promoted views after to get watchers to imagine a completely different picture of an event than what actually happened.
    MSNBC is the biggest at giving a totally different picture of events than reality. MSNBC will have watchers seeing an event a certain way and then later on ''clearing up'' the misleading parts but the original portrayal has already been imprinted in peoples minds.
    CNN is not as over the top as MSNBC but still leaves out important parts or adds possible parts to a story so it seems like they want it to. CNN is usually closer to real facts than MSNBC but still lacking if you want the whole story.
    To get the best understanding of any news being reported skipping between stations and weeding out the ''fake'' parts is the best idea. None of the big stations are non biased so none will be a one stop real reflection of events. Combining all the facts from all the stations and then forming your own belief (if possible after hearing all the opinions) is the best idea.
    I like your ''wordsmith'' description of news. I picture a large group of people with 150+ IQ's sitting around a big desk with one goal,= how do we wordsmith this ''news'' so it gets the normal uneducated, easily convinced people pissed at the opposite side and ready to vote for our guy in the next election? Every station has that desk.
    I like FOX because their desk seems to be more of a = OK, Everyone watching already knows we are comically right leaning so how do we wordsmith the news (but still give all the true facts and details) to get votes. This is a bit more respectable to me and a better chance of getting the real picture of what happened.
    Fact checkers would disagree. Watch what you want, believe what you want, seems to be the new "real". Backman's post talks about how the dif outlets effect him and make him feel. You talk about what is real and are confusing what you want to be real with what is. Like and promote what you want...but
    Statistically proven that fox is hands down winner of fake news.
    MSNBC winner of opinionated bs
    Cnn most centered with all above.
    You don't have to like it and can argue with me over saying it, but that doesn't change the facts.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    FOX will give ''all the facts'' and then tell you how ''they view all the facts'' from a rights perspective.
    How do you know Fox is giving you all the facts?

mtbr member
    Fact checkers would disagree. Watch what you want, believe what you want, seems to be the new "real". Backman's post talks about how the dif outlets effect him and make him feel. You talk about what is real and are confusing what you want to be real with what is. Like and promote what you want...but
    Statistically proven that fox is hands down winner of fake news.
    MSNBC winner of opinionated bs
    Cnn most centered with all above.
    You don't have to like it and can argue with me over saying it, but that doesn't change the facts.
    I saw that same MSNBC fact checking statistics paper as well. I think FOX was only factual 4-5% of the time and the remaining 95% is bull**** if I remember correctly. I'm just kidding.
    For every fact checker stating one station is best there is an equal amount stating another. Info like that is about as reliable as watching the news to get your news.

mtbr member
    Good point

There's more than one paper, and reality backs them up
    Round and round we go

Meatbomb
    They get it wrong more time then not.

Co Springs
    I'm happy to see a civil attitude toward the many thoughts and opinions of what's happening these days and what we see or read about.

Aside from bicycling interests, it seems many also have in common, a great hope and care for the country and no matter what we see, hear or read about via our personal choice of media, it sounds like everyone knows enough to read between the lines, check other outlets and decide that fact-checking is a 'thing'.

I seen something last night that I'll link here, just a bit of interesting history that others more in tune with news and media may have seen or heard of anyways. Reason being, I think it's interesting and quotes lend it some credibility even though it's an OP ED.

Mainly, I thought it was something to share that won't set anyone's hair on fire - either side of 'the aisle' .

Trump can thank the &apos;fake media&apos; for his presidency - LA Times

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    For every expert there is an equal and opposite counter expert.

mtbr member
    Attachment 1146716 Wow the thread is still up! Hope everyone got outside today. A few grands worth of ups for Saturday. Trump recently ran 3 bills through the house to fight human trafficking. Dangerous move! Prolly won't see that on the mainstream. The birds were out in Los Gatos today! Have a good weekend my friends!

Co Springs
    For every expert there is an equal and opposite counter expert.
    I caught that !

We're talking about wheel sizes again, Right ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast