Chamois Dropper

Sad...our first ghost bike in St Pete FL

We had a lady get run over and killed by some drugged up idiot passing another car in the bike lane. He was on a whole bunch of different drugs and had his 3 yr old daughter in the car. I ride on this road often, sometimes with my wife, a three lane road with a designated bike only lane. Scary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sad...our first ghost bike in St Pete FL-005.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sad news. Be careful out there
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

bust a move
    RIP

Stay safe!

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Horrible. There's a Ghost Bike on La Tuna Canyon Road (in So Cal) close to where I ride and live.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

poser Administrator
    They are everywhere in tucson, and not surprisingly along a lot of the more popular bike routes. Our road to the base of Mt. Lemmon, a well written about and regarded mountain road with 20+miles of ascending from our desert floor to the pine forest pinnavle, is named after a cyclist that was run down on it.

I worked a place across from a ghost bike for a kids that was crushed by a non-yielding SUV right turning though him and driving over him. I live a short way from where a a drunk woman continued on in the right merge lane through the bike path killing a teenager on his bike with his friends.

Just be glad you have only one.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Chamois Dropper
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post

Just be glad you have only one.
    I am but I think we will see more, unfortunately. Seems like every month someone in the Tampa Bay area is run down. St Petersburg tries to be a rather bike friendly city but we have pretty fast roads, poor drivers ( many of them well over 80 years old) and a lot of cyclists is never a great combination. I'll stick to the back streets whenever possible and ride the trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0