Rude Drivers...Where does your state stand?- Mtbr.com
    I didn't do it

Rude Drivers...Where does your state stand?

Here's an interesting survey ranking the states with the rudest drivers. However perhaps the more interesting part of the survey is that the states that hate other state's drivers the most are also listed. So California, why all the hate?

Believe it or not I predicted the rudest drivers are in Idaho. Yup, its true. Idaho drivers can be real jerks.

My state, WA, came in at the 43rd least rude which sounds just about right. We're probably a bit too polite on the roadways at times but I can live with that.

The states with the rudest drivers ? and the states that hate them
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Yo-yo-yo! HATE Is where it's at. Go Cali!

In Cali, to h8 is to be gr8.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Yo-yo-yo! HATE Is where it's at. Go Cali!

In Cali, to h8 is to be gr8.
    Ha ha, that's right dogg.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member

So Californians hate Vermont drivers?? That's just Asinine. How many Vermonters make it to Cali? I think this is an anomaly because no one dislikes Vermont.

Other than that it looks pretty accurate. We here in mass have earned our nickname as mass-holes. And yes, we hate Rhode Island drivers. They drive so friggin slow. People from RI think a 20 minute drive is a major journey. I guess when you can drive halfway across your state in 20 minutes it seems like a long trip.

Also, NH does hate us, driving-wise. I'm pretty sure it was a New Hampshirite that coined the term "mass hole".

And Maine is totally chill. Great place to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NEMBA Freetown VP

I didn't do it
    ICJ, I also noticed that CA hates VT drivers and they hate AR drivers the most as well. Nobody is immune!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay View Post
    So Californians hate Vermont drivers?? That's just Asinine. How many Vermonters make it to Cali?
    It only took one of them idiot VT drivers to jack it up for the rest of the idiots in VT.

Welcome to California... now GO HOME !.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    It only took one of them idiot VT drivers to jack it up for the rest of the idiots in VT.

Welcome to California... now GO HOME !.

mtbr member

Funny thing is, people here put "mass-hole" stickers on their cars. Like it's something to be proud of. Someday I'm gonna move to canada, or New Zealand, somewhere far, far away.

NEMBA Freetown VP

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay View Post
    Funny thing is, people here put "mass-hole" stickers on their cars. Like it's something to be proud of. Someday I'm gonna move to canada, or New Zealand, somewhere far, far away.

I can't say that I blame you. At the very least, your state has breath taking landscape. I would imagine that a cruise on the trails while zig-zagging through those awesome trees forests you've got could take you away from all the hate, if only for a little while?

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Louisiana. 12th. Yep. Had an incident tonight in my neighborhood. We live in a gated community and I was taking the family to dinner. We were 5 houses from the exit gate when the car behind me passes us. Narrow street, a speed limit 25.

I ended up just 10 seconds behind him to turn left on the main road. We live in a rural part of town and t he main road is a winding 2 lane street. Ironically and laughably joker got caught behind slow poke Joe.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be in a hurry

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Ugh. NV is skewed by all the morons down in Vegas. Up here in northern Nevada, all the drivers are way too polite/timid. I actually hate that, but seeing as how I grew up driving in the SF Bay Area that isn't too surprising.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Ugh. NV is skewed by all the morons down in Vegas. Up here in northern Nevada, all the drivers are way too polite/timid. I actually hate that, but seeing as how I grew up driving in the SF Bay Area that isn't too surprising.
    yea were such kind hearted souls.

mtbr member

I can't say that I blame you. At the very least, your state has breath taking landscape. I would imagine that a cruise on the trails while zig-zagging through those awesome trees forests you've got could take you away from all the hate, if only for a little while?
    Yeah, I'm only half serious. I live along the south coast and it's a beautiful area. Beaches, old farms, stone walls and historic buildings. Lots of great trail systems, less than3 hours from skiing, highland Mtb park, NYC. I actually love where i live, but driving inside the 495 loop.... Absolutely horrible.

NEMBA Freetown VP

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Everybody in every state is an ass hat driver except for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Only an ass hat would say such a thing.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Over here in Cali, hate is the new love

I didn't do it
    If I see any of you guys cruising on I-5 I'll let you into traffic in front of me. Provided you use your turn signals of course.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Surprisingly my move back to Colorado 2.5 years ago after a stint of 25 years in So. Cal. revealed an interesting thing for me. As crowded as So. Cal. Is and as laid back as Colorado is I've had more encounters with Jack wagon drivers in Just 2.5 years in Colorado compared to 25 years in So. Cal. Seriously they drive like they own the road around here. "Watch out I'm totally on SRAVA"
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    If I see any of you guys cruising on I-5 I'll let you into traffic in front of me. Provided you use your turn signals of course.
    I'll be driving so far South of you on I-5 that the curvature of the Earth will restrict your view of me.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Surprisingly my move back to Colorado 2.5 years ago after a stint of 25 years in So. Cal. revealed an interesting thing for me. As crowded as So. Cal. Is and as laid back as Colorado is I've had more encounters with Jack wagon drivers in Just 2.5 years in Colorado compared to 25 years in So. Cal. Seriously they drive like they own the road around here. "Watch out I'm totally on SRAVA"
    I'd start looking for STRAVA window or bumper stickers on the vehicles in your state to confirm your suspicions.

I'll be driving so far South of you on I-5 that the curvature of the Earth will restrict your view of me.
    Unfortunately your smell will still be eminent.

I didn't do it
    I'll be keeping my eyes wide open for Hawgs on the road.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Unfortunately your smell will still be eminent.
    That's for damned sure. It's so bad the last 48 hours, that it even offends me.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I'll be keeping my eyes wide open for Hawgs on the road.
    Yes and if you see one, shoot on sight. I understand that there's a reward being offered.

Wanted dead or very dead: HAWG

I didn't do it
    Yes and if you see one, shoot on sight. I understand that there's a reward being offered.

Wanted dead or very dead: HAWG
    I don't think I would have the heart to do it. I figured you made it through Interbike without incident so it would be a shame if you met your demise by my hands. Plus I'm a PETA member.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I don't think I would have the heart to do it. I figured you made it through Interbike without incident so it would be a shame if you met your demise by my hands. Plus I'm a PETA member.
    Francios was giving me the evil eye at the show. I figured he owes me a thank you for all the posting I do which certainly raises the recognition/ratings of the website.

I didn't do it
    Francios was giving me the evil eye at the show. I figured he owes me a thank you for all the posting I do which certainly raises the recognition/ratings of the website.
    As I've always maintained, the OC is an invaluable part of mtbr. Francois owes you a stipend, not a beating.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    As I've always maintained, the OC is an invaluable part of mtbr. Francois owes you a stipend, not a beating.
    I'm exaggerating, of course. He probably didn't even know who I was but he did for sure see the mighty OCC jersey being proudly displayed.

I'm exaggerating, of course. He probably didn't even know who I was but he did for sure see the mighty OCC jersey being proudly displayed.
    He probably just thought it was another Orange County stuck up snob.
    Displaying his bike gang colors.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    He probably just thought it was another Orange County stuck up snob.
    Displaying his bike gang colors.
    Well, it was, sort of.

I didn't do it
    I wonder what he was thinking when he saw the jersey? To some degree that's a little free marketing research, i.e. out of the blue he sees some mtbr gear. The website must be pretty popular.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I wonder what he was thinking when he saw the jersey? To some degree that's a little free marketing research, i.e. out of the blue he sees some mtbr gear. The website must be pretty popular.
    Well, it doesn't say MTBR or just "Off Camber" on it anywhere. He's just one of those who is in the know, I'm sure.

On wuss patrol
    To Mookie's question in the op: Cali drivers are so hated because it's assumed they are visiting, scoping out a new place to live. Especially true here in WA and OR.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    To Mookie's question in the op: Cali drivers are so hated because it's assumed they are visiting, scoping out a new place to live. Especially true here in WA and OR.
    You have a good point but the excessive rain on the Western half of either state would drive my insane, personally. It's a beautiful part of the country to visit, though.

While we are on the subject, it does seem like Californians are kinda mixed in all over, huh?

I have a good buddy who moved to Seattle from So Cal and lived there for a number of years. Next, he moved to Phoenix. Talk about climate shock!

You have a good point but the excessive rain on the Western half of either state would drive my insane, personally. It's a beautiful part of the country to visit, though.

While we are on the subject, it does seem like Californians are kinda mixed in all over, huh?

I have a good buddy who moved to Seattle from So Cal and lived there for a number of years. Next, he moved to Phoenix. Talk about climate shock!
    The Front Range of Colorado where I live was inundated with Californians in the last 15 years. That's where a huge percentage of the population growth came from. Of course it brought forth opportunity and the economy got better. But to me what's strange is my above comment on the drivers here compared to So. Cal. are way more pissed off and aggressive. Yet half the population here now are from Cali. go figure.

Fart smeller
    Over here in Cali, hate is the new love
    I hate you, man.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Used to live in Massachusetts, now in the Bay Area. I'll take California drivers over M*******s any day. I sure don't miss the rudeness, the aggression, the waiting at a stop sign for 20 minutes because NOBODY will let you in.

banned
    Sep 2010
    With 38 million souls all scrambling to to get in the same lane at once, I'd think CA would be the clear 'winner'.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    With 38 million souls all scrambling to to get in the same lane at once, I'd think CA would be the clear 'winner'.
    Nope!
    In the 2.5 years since leaving California to Colorado. I've encountered way more rudeness in Colorado. I've had 3 serious road rage incidents with other drivers chasing me down. The first one I wrote up to the fact I still had California plates. But even after getting Colorado plates the attitude didn't change.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 09-26-2014 at 05:12 PM.

All fat, all the time.
    Most drivers in Idaho I've noticed are not bad, hardly any honking or flip-off's, but there are a good amount of people (WA included) that don't understand the left lane is for passing. They sit over there, doing less than the speed limit, as people drive around them on the right, not a care in the world lol.

Worst I've seen was Jersey....holy crap no signal, aggressive, honking & flip-offs batman!