I Dream Rivers.
    I Canoe Rivers.
    I Fish Rivers.
    I Camp Rivers.
    I Swim Rivers.
    I Explore Rivers.
    Read Rivers.
    I even like River Music.....
    Apart from the fishing I like rivers too!

Did 68 miles down the green river in Utah in 5 days about 5 years ago, was an awesome time, would love to do it again!

No known cure
    I bet the jean shorts guy plays a banjo and makes his friends squeal like pigs.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

banned
    Apr 2010
    lots of river pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rivers-img_2619.jpg  

Rivers-img_2115res.jpg  

Rivers-beginning-030.jpg  

Rivers-img_0058.jpg  

Rivers-transcodedwallpaper.jpg  

banned
    Apr 2010
    rivers to ridgetops 365
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rivers-img_4671res.jpg  

Rivers-img_2219res.jpg  

Rivers-img_2215res.jpg  

Rivers-img_2203res.jpg  

mtbr member

Taken with an instamatic back in the 80ís at sunset on the 11
    Point River.

Great pictures Tim. Itís nice when you get to have the River all to yourself like that.

Cycologist
    Anyone who reads many of my ride reports knows I'm almost always riding near or along a river or creek. It's even reflected in the names of the trail systems around me: Sope Creek, Allatoona Creek, Big Creek, Blanket's Creek, Olde Rope Mill, and Cochran's Mill.

Rivers-misty_river_cx_02.jpg

Rivers-img_20190602_124237597_hdr.jpg

Rivers-kayaking_with_kids.jpg

Rivers-cochran_mills_bridge.jpg

Though the above pictures are the Chattahoocee River (1&3) and the Ocoee River (2)
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    I LOVE RIVERS. Iíve done a 6 day self support raft trip on the Yampa. Beautiful river. Iíve kayaked the Arkansas river from Pine Ceek all the way to the Royal Gorge on many different occasions. Love the Numbers and Bighorn. We have so many good creeks and rivers here in Arkansas. Most of my rides revolve around creeks too. Iíve posted numerous photos of the waterfalls and creeks I encounter on my rides. I just love everything about creeks and rivers. Met most of my best friends on creeks and rivers

mtbr member
    The Cascades are aptly named. Literally a river and waterfall around every corner.

Rivers-fb_img_1574007516485.jpg

Rivers-fb_img_1574007505815.jpg

Rivers-fb_img_1574005882989.jpg

Rivers-fb_img_1574006753893.jpg

Rivers-fb_img_1574006659287.jpg

Rivers-fb_img_1574007564762.jpg

With Jackie Treehorn

Rivers-fb_img_1574005615987.jpg

What you see in the right corner is an estimated 3 million old growth Doug firs blown into Spirit Lake from the St Helens eruption.

Rivers-fb_img_1574007453993.jpg

Famously there was an old crotchety man living on that side of the lake that refused to leave. They estimate he was actually killed by a titlewave of sorts when 1400' of the mountain slid off into the lake creating a massive 250' wall of water that swept across. What an amazing last sight that must have been!!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    There's a log jam (no pic) on the upper Lewis that's just incredible. It washed down a couple of years ago and would say it contains several hundred thousand of the 17 million old growth Doug Firs St Helens blew down...a log jam of all log jams. I spent some time on it post ride last year and enjoyed some dusk beers. It turned into a religious experience on this thing. It's just absolutely massive a sight to behold but there's more to it. Undulating in the river this thing comes to life and speaks, like a giant natural river organ. One must experience it.

banned
    Apr 2010
    Name:  lochsa.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  52.1 KBRivers-james-wolf-1_1_1.jpgRivers-015_12a.jpgRivers-img_2443.jpg

whitewater ran my life for about a decade. I was a river guide in the early 90's in Alaska and than moved back to Idaho(the whitewater state) and got into kayaking big time. Creek boating was intense to say the least. The kayak shots in this are from the lochsa and the selway rivers. I had a pet deer for awhile.

Bikesexual
    Subscribed.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Chaz, great shots. Like the first one with the mist coming up.
    Spent many mornings on a river bank early in the morning before the misty fog burns off. Magic time.
    Iím going to have to spend some time exploring the riverside bike trails in Missouri.

Attachment 1293451

mtbr member
    ^Some big medicine there in that first pic Tim.
    I lived out of a sea kayak in Prince William Sound for over a month and it was one of the best things I've ever done in my life. I've dabbled with white water here and there but it never really took.

mtbr member
    Whale, great shot of the bike /bridge.....
    Sir, spent many days in my childhood in a canoe on the White River back when the Ferry used to cross at Calico Rock.

Thatís some heavy duty white water Tim.....

Interlectchewal
    Lykke follows rivers.

https://youtu.be/vZngdCXh7Bg

EMBA Member
    I thought this was going to be about Philip. Imagine my disappointment.

mtbr member
    If I had to choose between a world without mtn bikes or world without rivers....bye bye bikes.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Which Rivers???
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Attachment 1293509Attachment 1293511

Little brother coming across the Mississippi.
    Different kind of river experience.
    I grew up canoeing across and exploring sandbars and runouts.
    Camped on the Arkansas side. Vivid memory of Dad waking me up to see the Delta Queen pushing up toward Memphis, Calliope singing like a siren across the surface of the water.
    We brought a 55 gallon drum of oil, we found on a sandbar, across in that canoe. That was a trip.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    I thought this was going to be about Philip. Imagine my disappointment.
    I thought this was going to be about Joan. Imagine my relief.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkFathom View Post
    Squatch nest, fosho

mtbr member
    I remember reading Huckleberry Finn as a kid. That river and my time around it gave an ethereal quality to the book that has stayed with me. That sycamore was a curiosity we came across whilst exploring the sandbars. As the sand shifted the roots became a series of columns supporting the tree. Quite like something from Tolkien.

mtbr member
    Enjoyed this DVD a few years back....
    Reminded me of those years.

mtbr member
    Attachment 1293515

That towheaded kid piloting the little boat back across the Mississippi from a morning on a sandbar put himself through Pharmacy School at Ole Miss.
    Graduated top ten in his class.
    Proud of my little bro, a fellow River Rat growing up.....

Up In Smoke
    Rivers are cool

This is were I lost my v...

Rivers-tiso-.png

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    The Cascades are aptly named. Literally a river and waterfall around every corner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1574007516485.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	1293417

Name:	FB_IMG_1574007505815.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	1293419

Name:	FB_IMG_1574005882989.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	1293427

Name:	FB_IMG_1574006753893.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	1293429

Name:	FB_IMG_1574006659287.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	1293431

Name:	FB_IMG_1574007564762.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	1293433l

With Jackie Treehorn

Name:	FB_IMG_1574005615987.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	1293435

What you see in the right corner is an estimated 3 million old growth Doug firs blown into Spirit Lake from the St Helens eruption.

Name:	FB_IMG_1574007453993.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	1293437

Famously there was an old crotchety man living on that side of the lake that refused to leave. They estimate he was actually killed by a titlewave of sorts when 1400' of the mountain slid off into the lake creating a massive 250' wall of water that swept across. What an amazing last sight that must have been!!
    So just when I was about to contribute you pull this out of your hat.

Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    So just when I was about to contribute you pull this out of your hat.

Nice!
    Thanks DJ, I appreciate it. I participated for years without the ability to post pics & even these are just pulled off my FB/not current. Post up whatcha got mang.

No known cure
    Thanks DJ, I appreciate it. I participated for years without the ability to post pics & even these are just pulled off my FB/not current. Post up whatcha got mang.
    Some of your pics look like the McKenzie, although it's been 18 years since I've rode that trail; one of my all time favorites.

Iím sure I have more but for now:

Rivers Rock!

Rivers-b36c9942-8efc-4989-93be-ebea3fa4da23.jpg

Rivers-fc37133f-1f46-42f5-8e62-a94cc29c19b3.jpg

Rivers-34bfc18e-7563-429a-a306-04005ef2bbc0.jpg

Rivers-4127c0d3-f6b3-4e27-82bc-b76d896d146e.jpg

Rivers-96523726-4e03-48ec-b9e0-a3a893f31bf4.jpg

Rivers-1c00029a-7305-44e0-b82b-c23d6bb32077.jpg

Rivers-040865b0-905f-4c7c-be68-294f183b6cb8.jpg

Name:  9F856F5D-CCB5-4CA2-B58D-51F19F54C04B.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  95B34725-6692-4FE0-B74F-B4E951D945BD.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  70.2 KB

Rivers-292483fe-0a10-42fd-91e4-e52bcb02d139.jpg
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Rivers-94d8c1fa-321b-485c-b2b7-24d6629bc2b3.jpeg

For some reason I canít post anymore photos here, it wonít download. Denied on many more.

mtbr member
    ^Ha! Not to shabby DJ. I'm guessing from the wildlife a lot of those are from RMNP? I spent the better part of a summer in Grand Lake with my GF way back. Stunning area man, loved every second of it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Some of your pics look like the McKenzie, although it's been 18 years since I've rode that trail; one of my all time favorites.
    Yup, 4 of them are probably within a half mile of each other. Rides don't get more scenic and water doesn't get colder. Ride it 3-4 times a year and believe it or not there are even better rides in the McKenzie valley now. There's even a new route from the blue pool out which I think is supposed to open next season.

^Ha! Not to shabby DJ. I'm guessing from the wildlife a lot of those are from RMNP? I spent the better part of a summer in Grand Lake with my GF way back. Stunning area man, loved every second of it.
    I agree, very stunning area and I have plenty of that area,. After glancing through the ones I posted, none are in RMNP. Some below it in the Big Thompson Canyon, Big Thompsonís River. Others are The Cache la Poudre River, Colorado. Iíve got plenty more with rivers in them but for some reason Iím having a hard time getting them to download.

No known cure
    Yup, 4 of them are probably within a half mile of each other. Rides don't get more scenic and water doesn't get colder. Ride it 3-4 times a year and believe it or not there are even better rides in the McKenzie valley now. There's even a new route from the blue pool out which I think is supposed to open next season.
    How's the lava section these days? Not too blown out I hope.

One time, before the days of shuttles, I tried to pay a couple different people to give me a ride back up to my truck at the start. I had no takers and rode the highway back up. A mile in, my SPD cleat ripped out of my shoe.

mtbr member
    How's the lava section these days? Not too blown out I hope.

One time, before the days of shuttles, I tried to pay a couple different people to give me a ride back up to my truck at the start. I had no takers and rode the highway back up. A mile in, my SPD cleat ripped out of my shoe.
    The lava section after the blue pool remains intact and still has some short punchy techy climbs. The rest of it has more less been groomed but wouldn't necessarily say for the worst. The fun factor may infact be better than ever. Definitely interested to see the reroute, given who's working on it expectations are very high.

I rode up the road once...and only once. Toward the top there's no shoulder with a guardrail and the road gets twisty. I was passed by giant motorhome after giant motorhome pulling cars mere inches or less from my bar. I then saw a cross on the side of the road like you see every so often where someone had died in a car accident. Emblazoned on the cross was my own damn name! Said never again to myself right there and then, sucked.

Plenty of funny hitchhiking stories too. Picked up by the Frito lay driver on his route. Talked my head off the entire drive while smoking a joint. Demanded I take chips with me while parting ways even though I had no where to put them, great guy. One time was a crazy guy in a rusted out barely running early 70's Volvo sedan. No trunk space so my buddy was packed in the back with both bikes. The dude was methed up or something and everytime I looked back at my buddy (first time, visiting from NJ, not thrilled about hitchhiking up) I could barely make out the fear of God in his eyes between the spokes with all our wheels stacked in his lap, lol! Eventually we wised up and started hitching at the exit to Paradise campground, that's the way to do it.

No known cure
    The lava section after the blue pool remains intact and still has some short punchy techy climbs. The rest of it has more less been groomed but wouldn't necessarily say for the worst. The fun factor may infact be better than ever. Definitely interested to see the reroute, given who's working on it expectations are very high.

I rode up the road once...and only once. Toward the top there's no shoulder with a guardrail and the road gets twisty. I was passed by giant motorhome after giant motorhome pulling cars mere inches or less from my bar. I then saw a cross on the side of the road like you see every so often where someone had died in a car accident. Emblazoned on the cross was my own damn name! Said never again to myself right there and then, sucked.

Plenty of funny hitchhiking stories too. Picked up by the Frito lay driver on his route. Talked my head off the entire drive while smoking a joint. Demanded I take chips with me while parting ways even though I had no where to put them, great guy. One time was a crazy guy in a rusted out barely running early 70's Volvo sedan. No trunk space so my buddy was packed in the back with both bikes. The dude was methed up or something and everytime I looked back at my buddy (first time, visiting from NJ, not thrilled about hitchhiking up) I could barely make out the fear of God in his eyes between the spokes with all our wheels stacked in his lap, lol! Eventually we wised up and started hitching at the exit to Paradise campground, that's the way to do it.
    Back then, the lava would rip off nobbies down to the weave. I had my close calls on that highway with big rigs passing within inches. I'll be up to ride in June. Once the water level goes down a bit. I want to do McKenzie, Umpqua and my old haunts like Hagg Lake, Browns Camp ect. I was up this June and found our secret trail network in McMinnville is gone as Weyhauser operates up there now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Rivers are cool

This is were I lost my v...

Great view. I like rivers with sheer rocks descending into the water. Always gives me the same idea.....

mtbr member
    Thatís some impressive Bull ascending......
    I especially like the 5th from the top, the one with the path to the left, great composition on that one.

On a side note,
    Donít know why the thumbnail keeps adding itself.
    When I delete it the other primary photo disappears.

mtbr member
    I was up this June and found our secret trail network in McMinnville is gone as Weyhauser operates up there now.
    A good riding buddy of mine lives in the Mac & was telling me about them, Ive never ridden them. DEFINITELY check out Ollallie/O'Leary/Kings Castle when your at McKenzie, great ride. I ride the Tillamook stuff pretty often, Browns has 2 substantial clear cuts on it now. Gales Creek has been completely redone. They did a great job with it.