Religious sigs- Mtbr.com

Thread: Religious sigs

Fart smeller

Religious sigs

I've seen a couple of people with religious sigs on the NorCal board, and now there's a new guy who has posted in the OC who has a religious sig in bold.

As someone who had an anti-Trump sig and was advised​ by the mods to take it down, having a religious sig doesn't seem permitted under the MTBR credo (no politics or religion).

What if I were to have a sig praising Satan? Would that be ok?

Thoughts?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

Cycologist
    I would hope we would have freedom to say what we want in our sigs, but I guess not. I'm about to go vote for Ossoff btw, sure hope my district doesn't embarrass me. Regardless, I'll be glad the constant mail and ads for both candidates will finally stop.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I've seen a couple of people with religious sigs on the NorCal board, and now there's a new guy who has posted in the OC who has a religious sig in bold.

As someone who had an anti-Trump sig and was advise by the mods to take it down, having a religious sig doesn't seem permitted under the MTBR credo (no politics or religion).

Thoughts?
    first and foremost there's far and away too much OT posting within that sub, even by FC himself, damn shame as it clutters it up when these belong elsewhere........ but we know the reason they are allowed right FC??

As for the sig issue no it should not be allowed, folks like this want to use it as a forum for their cause and push/sell it to others.....pathetic IMV.

All fat, all the time.
    It's the same rule, no politics, no religion. Report it if it bothers you. Or ignore it. I don't see their sigs when I'm riding my bike in the woods

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    It's the same rule, no politics, no religion. Report it if it bothers you.
    Agreed, please report them using the report feature next to their username.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

Pipe Dreamer
    Is my sig ok?
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Co Springs

As someone who had an anti-Trump sig and was advised​ by the mods to take it down, having a religious sig doesn't seem permitted under the MTBR credo (no politics or religion).

Thoughts?
    Put what you want in your signature and don't worry about it. I'd also say don't worry or fret about other''s sig. If yours becomes an issue with admin, that's when you take it up with them and make your case if you won't do so directly now.

Starting a thread on thoughts is too indirect IMO unless your main objective is just stirring the pot.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I would hope we would have freedom to say what we want in our sigs, but I guess not. I'm about to go vote for Ossoff btw, sure hope my district doesn't embarrass me. Regardless, I'll be glad the constant mail and ads for both candidates will finally stop.
    Lotsa $$$ pouring into that race.
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Lotsa $$$ pouring into that race.
    Tons of national money on both sides. It's the most expensive congressional seat race ever now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Thoughts?
    Someone actually complained about your anti-Frump sig? How bad could it have been, and who actually supports that tool?
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Someone actually complained about your anti-Frump sig? How bad could it have been, and who actually supports that tool?
    Polls have pegged it at under 36%. A vocal 36% though. Oy!

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by krel View Post
    Tons of national money on both sides. It's the most expensive congressional seat race ever now.

I kind of wish I had saved all of the mailings we got from both sides, just to see how much it was in the end. Some days we would receive multiple pieces from a party. My family was already decided so each piece went straight into the trash, I don't really see how so many of the same postcards would influence anyone.

My polling place wasn't too crowded, more than the earlier vote (before this run-off) but no where near the presidential election, I probably waited about five minutes.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Actually he's at 50% and climbing, better than Obummer ever did, and I'll be voting against Nancy Pelosis lap dog Ossoff.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I kind of wish I had saved all of the mailings we got from both sides, just to see how much it was in the end. Some days we would receive multiple pieces from a party. My family was already decided so each piece went straight into the trash, I don't really see how so many of the same postcards would influence anyone.

My polling place wasn't too crowded, more than the earlier vote (before this run-off) but no where near the presidential election, I probably waited about five minutes.
    We had a recent issue here with the same thing. Some days, we had three mailings for each side. I asked the mailman if he could stop delivering them, because I was SICK of it. He said by law he had to deliver.

Meatbomb
    I keep sigs turned off. I'm not religious or political so i could give a flick about your opinion.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Too many dang snowflakes on all sides getting melted by other people's opinions. And if a signature line of someone else offends you, you need to learn to deal with it. Life isn't going to get easier.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    "Snowflake" I wondered how long it would take. I'm surprised it took 16 posts.

I don't think he said he was offended. He was pointing out an apparent double-standard.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    "Snowflake" I wondered how long it would take. I'm surprised it took 16 posts.

I don't think he said he was offended. He was pointing out an apparent double-standard.
    My post wasn't specific to anyone. Just generic to everyone. If I see something about a dem or a rep, a Jew or a Christian, I am not offended. We all have our thoughts and beliefs. And if someone else expressing their thoughts and beliefs offends you, the problem is not with the person expressing themselves, the problem is with how you are perceiving it.

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    and somehow this turned into a political discussion.... will you never learn????
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Finch, that would have to be Joel Osteen's gaffe-ridden quote:

"Don't swallow everything Satan rams down your throat... Jesus comes first"
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius