mtbr member

power down much?

how long can you function and relax without being connected at all to anything electronic? sleep, emergencies, work, showers, sex, and takin' a sh#t doesn't count.

since 4/10/2009
    right now, that just can't happen since my work inherently requires it.

but when I go home at night, I avoid as much as I can.

in the past, however, pretty regularly. I miss the riding/camping weekends I used to do and I plan to work those back into my schedule after I graduate.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Since you disqualified any of the normal possibilities at home or in civilization, I guess you already answered it for everyone: NEVER

Unless.... I am doing a day hike in an area where there is no reception or on a mountain bike ride in the wilderness. I use to have a bike computer attached to my handlebars but that had to go.

However... even when I am riding or hiking, I have my cell phone with me for it's GPS location capibilites in case I get lost or disabled.

So... in my world, it's ABSOLUTELY impossible to function without being connected to the electronic frontier simply because it's a necessity.

OK, I've gone full circle with my reply here....
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Big Boy
    When I am going to sh!t I check my pocket for my phone before I check for TP!!!

And, the computer has music playing constantly at the house, so I guess I never really get away from it...unless Im riding, but I still have strava running on the ol droid.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

Huckin' trails
    I don't check my phone or computer when I work or wrench in the shop. And that can be for many many hours. Like today, yesterday and Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Members who have read this thread: 0