I married a witch.

Post your troll blood here!

Yes, scored another one...

Internet trolls are a funny sort. They get their kicks by trying to get a response from forum users, usually a negative response, being that is easier than trying to get a large group to respond to something positive.

Negative actions towards these people just make them happier. I try to reply with some positive comments, thanking them for their contributions, etc. Normally it's hard to gauge the effect of such efforts. Not on this forum. With the positive and negative rep system, it's actually quite easy.

Feel free to search my post history, I do not reply with antagonistic comments, yet I am getting a fair amount of red rep. This makes me happy, it means I am hitting my target, without doing things that disrupt the forum experience of those who want to be here for learning or fun.

So I proudly display my red rep. I use the program Skitch to take screen shots, and I post them on here. If you've scored yourself some troll blood, gaining neg rep while remaining friendly and positive, then feel free to post your scores here as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your troll blood here!-scored-another-one-.jpg  

Post your troll blood here!-troll-blood.jpg  

Post your troll blood here!-tool.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be respectful to the disrespectful, wise to the unwise, caring to the uncaring, courteous to the uncourteous.
    My Riding Blog

mtbr member
    Total Posts: 250
    Posts Per Day: 14.39

At this rate you will surpass David C

I married a witch.
    Is that a goal I should aim for?
    Be respectful to the disrespectful, wise to the unwise, caring to the uncaring, courteous to the uncourteous.
    My Riding Blog

AZ
    banned
    This sh!t again?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Never Forget 9-11
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    Total Posts: 250
    Posts Per Day: 14.39
    With your busy posting schedule how will you ever find time to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    This sh!t again?
    ^^This
    It's such a fine line between idiocy and genius.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FujNoob View Post
    With your busy posting schedule how will you ever find time to ride.
    Ok ok, you got me there

yours: Posts Per Day: 0.19

Mine: Posts Per Day: 0.52

although not quite 14.39....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm of the opinion that posting a thread like this would encourage even more "troll blood". Sorta like being in a UFC match and rubbing your leg after a guy just kicked it. You know he's gonna kick it again.

I ride with tools
    Wow, that must do wonders for your self-esteem.

I married a witch.
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    I'm of the opinion that posting a thread like this would encourage even more "troll blood". Sorta like being in a UFC match and rubbing your leg after a guy just kicked it. You know he's gonna kick it again.
    That's just it though, I'm fine with that. The people who the neg rep should effect, don't care. While the average user gets all upset if they get one.

I'd like those folks that got bad rep that didn't deserve it to have a way of looking at it in a more positive light. Which should make a little less work for the mods.
    My Riding Blog

I married a witch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
    Wow, that must do wonders for your self-esteem.
    If your self esteem is dictated by a dep system on a forum, maybe the infernet isn't the best place for you.
    My Riding Blog

banned
    If you "don't care", "are fine with it" quit making an ass of yourself by posting about it.

I <3 dirt
    Obvious attention whore is obvious

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    If your self esteem is dictated by a dep system on a forum, maybe the infernet isn't the best place for you.

Pot meet kettle. You keep bringing it up, hell it's in your sig. Troll away, enjoy your short stay here.

see me rollin, they hatin
    dont mention your red dots...then the trolls will sit and wonder if their neg rep even went thru, or if there was a computer glitch. if you dont get mad, then maybe you didnt even see it....which means the troll lost.

mtbr member
    Please don't feed the Trolls.
    Round and round we go

Afric Pepperbird
    I love ones that say "Tool". I've received one of those. Most people who call others "tool" use the term so badly out of context that it makes me want to laugh, then cry, then perhaps shart.

It's sad.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hah, I get a neg rep for posting in this thread and I didn't agree with the thread. Stoopid iget, learn to read.

I married a witch.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Pot meet kettle. You keep bringing it up, hell it's in your sig. Troll away, enjoy your short stay here.
    That's certainly one way of looking at it. Are you saying that I'll have a short stay here, because of the negativity of a few people?

Worry not friend, I like the forum, there's lots of great people here and lots to learn And boy do I have a lot to learn. I'll keep my positive view, and try to treat folks as I'd like to be treated.

I mean this with all sincerity, while you might not agree with everything I post, I bet we'd have a good time riding the trails down here. If you make your way to the FL panhandle, let me know, I'm enjoying the trails down here, and never mind someone riding with me that can help me improve.
    My Riding Blog

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    That's certainly one way of looking at it. Are you saying that I'll have a short stay here, because of the negativity of a few people?
    More because those who start threads about rep tend to get banned or go so far into the red that they never post again.

Saying "I don't care," rather than saying nothing at all, is the one surefire way to show us that you do, in fact, care. It's the same way for everything in life. We know that you care because you said something about it.

Best get a few extra layers of skin and your big-boy pants if you plan on staying around to have anything worthwhile to say.

And if you're hanging out in Off-Camber to learn anything useful, you're doing it wrong.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

I married a witch.
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    And if you're hanging out in Off-Camber to learn anything useful, you're doing it wrong.
    I agree completely!

That's the beauty of multiple tabs. I can have some fun windows, and some educational windows, all at the same time.
    My Riding Blog

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I agree completely!

That's the beauty of multiple tabs. I can have some fun windows, and some educational windows, all at the same time.
    Not to mention typing just to hear yourself type.

the catalan connection
    I just got a red dot from an answer I gave ............in 2004!!!!
    whatever...
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

Members who have read this thread: 0