Post live music / missing it due to Covid 19- Mtbr.com
    Bipolar roller

Post live music / missing it due to Covid 19

So, been really missing not being able to see live music during all this Covid shit. Usually, this time of year my family and I are going to 2 to 3 live music outdoor shows a week and my wife and I will hit up some local shows in the evenings when we can get a babysitter. Really enjoyed seeing and listening to different types of music and bands I have never seen/heard before. There is something about the energy between the band and the crowd with live shows that brings unique quality to the music.

If others feel the same, please share some of your favorite live music so we can scratch that itch. Really like to see some different types of music from bands I may have never heard before and anything else thatís great live.

To get us started, here is something from the glorious 90ís. Lots of horns, loud drums and a lead singer truly pissed the crowd is making them play this song.
    Quiet Room by Bid D and the Kids Table live:

And album version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtCFb88E2EA
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    PBS had an Avett Brothers concert recorded at Red Rocks last year, it made me miss concerts big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_TFkut1PM

The day the music died... bye bye miss american pie

Fart smeller
    A buddy & I were supposed to go see the Hoodoo Gurus, that wasn't until next October.

Now, it's been postponed until September of 2021.

Post live music / missing it due to Covid 19-hoodoo-gurus.jpg
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

High Desert MTBer
    I am one of the hundreds of thousands of people directly affected by the virus in the entertainment world. I have not worked since we started closing stuff down in Feb. and the prospect of anything before late into 2021 is best case right now. It is not just musicians at risk, but all the support staff that goes into all this. We are largely forgotten when it comes to coherent help to get us all thru these times.
    Already much talent has moved away to areas that are still operating, and may not return at all. Many people running smaller businesses that support live music are going to the wall, and I have many friends who simply cannot sustain, and are filing for bankruptcy. They will likely never return, so we will end up with larger companies holding on to all the business, with little chance for some time of any competition to keep costs lower. This will be reflected in the ticket price eventually.
    As a group of workers, we have always been a little outside the norm, and this caught us all out. We are slowly mobilizing tho, and hopefully will be able to change a couple of things in DC to benefit us all. Otherwise the touring industry is dead for a while as we have known it. Nothing can happen without us all.
    It's all Here. Now.

well mannered lout
    Left Lane Cruiser live stream on facebook from a couple weeks ago...

Freddy partying and playing one-man-band style. Super gritty hill country blues from the basement was a ton of fun. He (they?) plan on going at it again this Saturday August 1st.

https://www.facebook.com/leftlanecru...9364014788971/
    Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

well mannered lout
    This weekend is the 50th anniversary of the greatest concert that never was...

Post live music / missing it due to Covid 19-concert-poster.jpg
    Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I am one of the hundreds of thousands of people directly affected by the virus in the entertainment world. I have not worked since we started closing stuff down in Feb. Otherwise the touring industry is dead for a while as we have known it. Nothing can happen without us all.
    Same. I'm a live audio engineer that tours for a living and work at the local venues when not on the road. Have not worked since February. Venues are not open. Bands are not touring, festivals are all canceled. Even if a band wanted to tour, there is no place to play. And even if venues were open, people are not (or should not be) willing to attend a crowded concert. I think about not just tech crew, also bus drivers, tour managers, merch sellers, bar tenders, janitors, ticket office staff, ushers, IATSE, PR folks, etc. Many are freelance, there is no furlough, there are no small business loans, our entire careers are canceled until further notice. Some bands are able to sell merch, do online shows, devote time to recording a new album, ask for donations, etc to scrape by. The 1000's of small venues around the country can't do that stuff. They rely on people being in the building (ticket sales/food/drink) to pay the bills.

IF YOU ARE ABLE, SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE BAND, VENUE, OR TECHIE. BUY SOME BAND MERCH, DONATE TO THE LOCAL VENUES'S GOFUNDME, OR BUY A MEAL FOR A TECHIE.

I'm grateful for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, which is they only thing paying my mortgage right now. Growing increasingly annoyed each time a republican congressman says it's paying lazy people not to work. According to them, the economy is 100% open, all jobs have returned, and we're just freeloaders. I can't express how much I'd rather have a job to go to right now. **btw, congress had most of July off, worked for a week and are taking all of August off. So who are we paying to not work?**

Anyway, I'm starting to go on an angry political rant and don't want to start that here. Music is our escape from the world. Live music brings so much joy to people. Being part of an audience at a live show connects us in an unspoiled way to the best parts of humanity. (at least it's supposed to) I miss it so much.

Here is a link to one of the coolest live shows I had a chance to be a part of. Joywave live at the Planetarium.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSZAepJg6o
    -Flat Bars, Flat Pedals, Flat Saddle, and frequently Flat Tires.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwalker View Post
    **btw, congress had most of July off, worked for a week and are taking all of August off. So who are we paying to not work?**
    Not to mention a certain someone who has 266 daytime visits to golf clubs since inauguration, costing the taxpayers about $138,000,000.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer