Outlaws- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Outlaws

  1. #1
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,969

    Outlaws

    Was in my teen years when this came out. Used to blast this thru my Marantz 20 watt stereo with all the speakers I owned hooked up. Had the guitar parts memorized. Dream of playing them myself someday. Still sends shivers down my back to hear it. Southern rock at its best! Saw these guys sometime in the late 70's. Hughie was one fine guitar player.


  2. #2
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Did you grow up in Arizona?

  3. #3
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    Was in my teen years when this came out. Used to blast this thru my Marantz 20 watt stereo with all the speakers I owned hooked up. Had the guitar parts memorized. Dream of playing them myself someday. Still sends shivers down my back to hear it. Southern rock at its best! Saw these guys sometime in the late 70's. Hughie was one fine guitar player.

    That song has always been one of my favorites. And it holds a special place in my heart. My best friend in high school had a 66' red Chevy step side truck that had a cranking stereo. The speakers were mounted directly behind each persons head with the driver and passenger and he cranked that song non stop. Unfortunately he was killed on his motorcycle just 2 weeks before our senior year graduation. So I was a Paul bearer at his funeral just days before graduation. This song holds special memories for me with all the great times we had together. Thanks for posting that. It's a long nonstop jamming song that as you said is king of all southern rock songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,729
    Great group.

  5. #5
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Thanks for stirring up the memories, it's been a long, long time since I listened.

  6. #6
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Did you grow up in Arizona?
    "Green grass and high tides" definitely makes me think of Arizona
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  7. #7
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Did you grow up in Arizona?
    San Diego.

  8. #8
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    "Green grass and high tides" definitely makes me think of Arizona
    I was thinking more about his screen name. There was a morning kid show back in the 60's and 70's that aired in Az call The Wallace and Ladmo Show. I thought maybe that was where he got his screen name. Either that or he is Polish.

  9. #9
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,969
    Here's a live version. Hughie and Henry Paul handling the guitar duty. Part 1 and 2 for some reason. Video quality is poor, but shows what they were all about back in the day. Part II is where the more intense jamming is, but I always liked the section of the song highlighted in part 1 far more. The tonal contrast between the guitars and the flowing musicality is awesome.


  10. #10
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,969

  11. #11
    Rabid Lana Fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    "Green grass and high tides" definitely makes me think of Arizona
    You know how I know you're not a woman? No period.

    BTW, your thought process is illogical. One may concur that you were being sarcastic, but where's the fun in that?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  12. #12
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,423
    Let me go ahead and drop some periods here to cover for that one and future ones I'm sure to omit
    .........................

    FWIW I am never sarcastic, always serious

    The thing I never cared for about the Outlaws is that 99.9% of the rest of their songs are pretty weak. I mean seriously, they have a song named "Breaker, Breaker".

    This post did entice me to listen to the best of album since I have it ripped on this PC.

    After Ronnie died, southern rock was dead to me. It sometimes seems like he was the only guy in the genre who could reliably pull together a multi-guitar attack and songs that mean something.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  13. #13
    Rabid Lana Fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,916
    With that post, you already used up two of your reserve.

    And if you were not being sarcastic, then what exactly about Arizona makes you think of grass and tides?

    I think more of sand and wind, in regards to Arizona.

    But then, I've never been there. Maybe I should venture out in October, see what it's all about.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  14. #14
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,423
    I'm never sarcastic unless I'm being sarcastic about being serious or something like that, and even then I'm seriously sarcastic.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,279
    thanks for the post, op. i went into a southern rock spiral on youtube. good stuff.

  16. #16
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Sorry about your loss DJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  17. #17
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Sorry about your loss DJ.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  18. #18
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    If you guys are still into southern rock, check out Blackberry Smoke. They have several albums out, including a double disc live one that's fairly recent. I like them especially for the prominent keyboards.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

    Heather Heyer

  19. #19
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Is DJ talking to himself again.

  20. #20
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Is DJ talking to himself again.

    Sorry I hit my head on my garage door this morning.
    Things are a bit more rattled around than usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  21. #21
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Sorry I hit my head on my garage door this morning.
    Things are a bit more rattled around than usual.
    Hard to believe.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

    Heather Heyer

  22. #22
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Hard to believe.
    Are you going out on a limb again.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...903396-21.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  23. #23
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    If you guys are still into southern rock, check out Blackberry Smoke. They have several albums out, including a double disc live one that's fairly recent. I like them especially for the prominent keyboards.

    Never heard their music but they are playing a show just down the street from me on a Sunday.

    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ed=0CF8QvwUoAA
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  24. #24
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Never heard their music but they are playing a show just down the street from me on a Sunday.

    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ed=0CF8QvwUoAA
    According to the map there's a Hooters across the street from the amphitheater. If the show sucks you can mosey on over and get yerself a plate of wings.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  25. #25
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    According to the map there's a Hooters across the street from the amphitheater. If the show sucks you can mosey on over and get yerself a plate of wings.
    Hooters and Thunder Mountain Harley Davidson and Clear Channel radio share the same parking lot. What better connection than those three together. Thunder Mountain Harley is also a huge concert venue. There is one of the biggest biker rally's in the country happening right now and all weekend. I'm just a mile down the street from it and I've seen non stop stop Harley's running around town for a couple days now. There over 1000 bikes in attendance. Last night Poison played and tonight Jackle and tomorrow night Blackberry Smoke. Needless to say many a scantily clad biker chick has been spotted. Some amazing ones and some not so much.

    Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson - Thunder Mountain Amphitheatre
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Outlaws-image.jpg  

    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  26. #26
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Hooters and Thunder Mountain Harley Davidson and Clear Channel radio share the same parking lot. What better connection than those three together. Thunder Mountain Harley is also a huge concert venue. There is one of the biggest biker rally's in the country happening right now and all weekend. I'm just a mile down the street from it and I've seen non stop stop Harley's running around town for a couple days now. There over 1000 bikes in attendance. Last night Poison played and tonight Jackle and tomorrow night Blackberry Smoke. Needless to say many a scantily clad biker chick has been spotted. Some amazing ones and some not so much.

    Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson - Thunder Mountain Amphitheatre
    You know there's a bike rally when Poison, Jackyl and Blackberry Smoke are on the lineup. I'm sure you're getting an eyeful of both babes and bikes.

    Lol, the range of biker gals is pretty funny. Some of them can be smokin' hot, others, well....
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  27. #27
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    You know there's a bike rally when Poison, Jackyl and Blackberry Smoke are on the lineup. I'm sure you're getting an eyeful of both babes and bikes.

    Lol, the range of biker gals is pretty funny. Some of them can be smokin' hot, others, well....
    Yeah Mook this place is pretty new so I'm sure it wasn't here when you lived here. It's basically where the old dog track was off I-25 just about a mile north of hwy 34.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  28. #28
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Yeah Mook this place is pretty new so I'm sure it wasn't here when you lived here. It's basically where the old dog track was off I-25 just about a mile north of hwy 34.
    Definitely after my time but I know exactly where that is now that you mention it.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Similar Threads

  1. How to lighten Outlaws
    By rayray2316 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 04:15 AM
  2. azonic outlaws
    By jakester29959 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM
  3. How do you like your Azonic Outlaws?
    By IntenseRdr in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM
  4. Anybody go from Outlaws to Havocs?
    By High Side in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 06:06 PM
  5. Help! Azonic Outlaws
    By nobrakes2007 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.