Poll: How often do you take care of your pie-hole?

Thread: Oral care

Sweep the leg!

Oral care

Yesterday I got too close to someone with halitosis. I tried to take a step back but he was a "close talker" too.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I feel for you man ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I like oral care, especially that time of the month.

see me rollin, they hatin
    having a dentist phobia, i dont go nearly as much as a should. i had one tiny cavity that i was told "was too shallow to need Novocaine" so they drilled me without it. i FELT it!!!! he told me it was impossible that i felt it.

so yeah, if i ever go back to the dentist again...new guy please!

other than that, i brush, i floss (sometimes) and my teeth are white, non hurting, and firmly implanted in my head.

mtbr member
    My g/f works in a dentist office so she deals with halitosis all the time. I've never knowingly encountered someone with it, though I'd probably know if I did.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    I'm drinking black coffee right now. That's got to count for something, right?
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Whatever can go wrong with your teeth I've
    had. The money I've spent on my mouth is
    crazy. I do everything you should and still have
    problems.

Best, John

mtbr member
    I like it when they give you the gas and then the nurse gives you a happy ending.

I'm a fanatic when it comes to oral hygiene. I brush and rinse twice a day. I try to floss everyday but it usually happens every other day, twice when I do. Floss goes after brushing before rinse. If my rinse has saccharin or alcohol in it I rinse with water after. My teeth are still yellow like I ate a stick of butter. My teeth disgust me. And, my family genetics are predetermined for shitty teeth. Thanks genetics.

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    My g/f works in a dentist office so she deals with halitosis all the time. I've never knowingly encountered someone with it, though I'd probably know if I did.
    You would know... trust me

meow meow
    never had a cavity, brush in the am and pm. but i gotta confess i thought this thread was about a different sort of oral care.

mtbr member
    I'm a dentist. I love the smell of halitosis in the morning.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Big Boy
    had to look up what halitosis is...

i have encountered this, an older fellow with dentures with a severe case. he couldnt hear well, so he kept leaning in for a closer listen, and i kept leaning back. really got the olfactory going.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

9 lives
    Did you know that people who smile live longer?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U9cGdRNMdQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess fresh breath also helps ..
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

All fat, all the time.
    Biggest factor I've found with avoiding cavities (I have a bunch of fillings) is 6 month cleanings. No cavities in past couple years since I've started.
    No soda pop probably helps too.

Frt Range, CO
    Flossing is the key. If there's little pieces of rotting food stuck between the teeth, then bad breath is the result. Another benefit is I haven't had any cavities since I started daily flossing years ago.

If you want to add flossing to your morning routine, just do it daily for seven days. After you get used to a daily flossing, when you skip you'll be disgusted with your bad breath/taste. It's worse than not taking a daily shower.

see me rollin, they hatin
    speaking of bad breath, dont even get me started on tonsil stones! those stinky white nuggets, you know? i have very "crypty" tonsils and i've learned how to twist my tongue back there and dig em out. i know its gross, but even grosser to leave them there, because they make your throat smell and taste like dead crabs.

On wuss patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    I like oral care, especially that time of the month.
    Ewwww. Oh, I get it
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    I've never had a tooth problem copenhagen and mt dew couldnt cure.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    Ewwww. Oh, I get it
    Yep, the floss is right there waiting for you.
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    Yesterday I got too close to someone with halitosis. I tried to take a step back but he was a "close talker" too.
    Oh, did I offend you?
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

I hate that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    speaking of bad breath, dont even get me started on tonsil stones! those stinky white nuggets, you know? i have very "crypty" tonsils and i've learned how to twist my tongue back there and dig em out. i know its gross, but even grosser to leave them there, because they make your throat smell and taste like dead crabs.
    Tonsil Stones! Is that really what they're called or did you make it up? I've had those things since I was a kid and never knew what they were really called, or if anybody else got them. I can't twist up my tongue to get to them, but I often can work them out with the back/base(?) of my tongue. Or I just use my finger. It's pretty disgusting.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    heh heh heh, that paints a picture, don't it?

i have one spot in my throat that collects ground beef particles or bits of peanuts. if i eat either of those, i have to hork out the pieces of rotty food. yuck.

since 4/10/2009
    I am thankful reading this that my only problem is that I am what they call a "caries active" individual and that has historically given my gums fits. Dentists always lectured me on my oral hygiene every visit and floss and rinse lessened the problem only slightly. One dentist bugged me about an electric toothbrush so I got a cheap one to try. Worked wonders so I used it till it died and upgraded somewhat. No more lectures about oral hygiene.

I haven't been to a dentist since before cancer, though, because I wasn't allowed to during treatment and afterward was too busy paying hospital bills to afford it. I am clear of those now so will probably schedule a visit with my old dentist this summer.

I used to occasionally get gunk lodged in the back of my mouth that would cause sore throats and other infections, but I always associated that with bouts of sinus trouble. Post nasal drip in particular. Chemo cured that so I haven't had any of those for a few years now.

REALLY?
    I have no teeth, my teeth were so bad and so crooked that braces couldnt even fix them. A dentist even told me in his 25 years practicing dentistry he had only seen one other person with teeth nearly as bad as mine. So, in my early twenties, every tooth in my head was yanked out and I got dentures, so, for the most part, oral care really isint an issue with me.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Sonicare, for the win.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    After every meal

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    I have no teeth, my teeth were so bad and so crooked that braces couldnt even fix them. A dentist even told me in his 25 years practicing dentistry he had only seen one other person with teeth nearly as bad as mine. So, in my early twenties, every tooth in my head was yanked out and I got dentures, so, for the most part, oral care really isint an issue with me.
    Pics or it didn't happen

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter View Post
    flossing is the key. If there's little pieces of rotting food stuck between the teeth, then bad breath is the result. Another benefit is i haven't had any cavities since i started daily flossing years ago.

If you want to add flossing to your morning routine, just do it daily for seven days. After you get used to a daily flossing, when you skip you'll be disgusted with your bad breath/taste. It's worse than not taking a daily shower.
    bingo!!!

banned
    Feb 2012

Members who have read this thread: 0